I've got a bad feeling about this.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Eggs and your astrological sign

SubjectAuthor
* Eggs and your astrological signEd Pawlowski
+- Re: Eggs and your astrological signBruce
+* Re: Eggs and your astrological signitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
|+* Re: Eggs and your astrological signBruce
||`* Re: Eggs and your astrological signGary
|| +* Re: Eggs and your astrological signBryan Simmons
|| |`- Re: Eggs and your astrological signBryan Simmons
|| `- Re: Eggs and your astrological signBruce
|+- Re: Eggs and your astrological signLeonard Blaisdell
|`- Re: Eggs and your astrological signGary
+* Re: Eggs and your astrological signThomas
|`- Re: Eggs and your astrological signBruce
+* Re: Eggs and your astrological signCindy Hamilton
|`* Re: Eggs and your astrological signMichael Trew
| +- Re: Eggs and your astrological signBruce
| +- Re: Eggs and your astrological signHank Rogers
| `- Re: Eggs and your astrological signCindy Hamilton
+* Re: Eggs and your astrological signBryan Simmons
|`* Re: Eggs and your astrological signSheldon Martin
| +* Re: Eggs and your astrological signjmcquown
| |`- Re: Eggs and your astrological signBruce
| +- Re: Eggs and your astrological signBruce
| `- Re: Eggs and your astrological signMichael Trew
+* Re: Eggs and your astrological signSqwertz
|`* Re: Eggs and your astrological signMike Duffy
| `- Re: Eggs and your astrological signDave Smith
`* Re: Eggs and your astrological signdsi1
 `* Re: Eggs and your astrological signMike Duffy
  `- Re: Eggs and your astrological signdsi1

Pages:12
Eggs and your astrological sign

<8AKZK.529016$iiS8.199208@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223750&group=rec.food.cooking#223750

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: Eggs and your astrological sign
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:02:27 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 23:02 UTC

OK, I'm a Virgo.
Virgos are known for being perfectionists. Clean freaks. They are known
for their attention to detail. They can find patterns where there are none

We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.

So, my daughter stayed with me for a couple of day with the storm so she
made a half dozen hard boiled eggs. She is not a Virgo and this is the
egg carton

https://i.postimg.cc/VkPtrhT5/eggs.jpg

I sent it to my friend and her reply was: Oh, never.

Not easy being a Virgo sometimes.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<jppcmjFf4j7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223757&group=rec.food.cooking#223757

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Eggs and your astrological sign
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 09:33:40 +1000
 by: Bruce - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 23:33 UTC

On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:02:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>OK, I'm a Virgo.
>Virgos are known for being perfectionists. Clean freaks. They are known
>for their attention to detail. They can find patterns where there are none
>
>We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
>when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
>a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
>said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
>inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
> Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.

Your life's one big adventure, Ed.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<763d1f1d-4b4e-428c-8513-9d93d5dccb3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223772&group=rec.food.cooking#223772

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 00:25 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 6:02:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> So, my daughter stayed with me for a couple of day with the storm so she
> made a half dozen hard boiled eggs. She is not a Virgo and this is the
> egg carton
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/VkPtrhT5/eggs.jpg
>
> I sent it to my friend and her reply was: Oh, never.
>
> Not easy being a Virgo sometimes.

Oh no! I'm a Leo and my egg carton never looks like that.
EEK!

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<jppgikFfm8uU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223781&group=rec.food.cooking#223781

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 10:39:49 +1000
 by: Bruce - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 00:39 UTC

On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:25:00 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net"
<itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 6:02:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> So, my daughter stayed with me for a couple of day with the storm so she
>> made a half dozen hard boiled eggs. She is not a Virgo and this is the
>> egg carton
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/VkPtrhT5/eggs.jpg
>>
>> I sent it to my friend and her reply was: Oh, never.
>>
>> Not easy being a Virgo sometimes.
>>
>Oh no! I'm a Leo and my egg carton never looks like that.
>EEK!

I'm a Leo too and I work from the outside in, so as to have a balanced
carton in case it's put on top of something else. But I think Ed's
daughter's approach is more artistic, not hindered by mathematical or
overly practical considerations.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<9de1cd77-bea5-4a9c-8325-501c1c918e3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223800&group=rec.food.cooking#223800

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 18:45:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: canope...@gmail.com (Thomas)
 by: Thomas - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 01:45 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 7:02:34 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> OK, I'm a Virgo.
> Virgos are known for being perfectionists. Clean freaks. They are known
> for their attention to detail. They can find patterns where there are none
>
> We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
> when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
> a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
> said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
> inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
> Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.
>
> So, my daughter stayed with me for a couple of day with the storm so she
> made a half dozen hard boiled eggs. She is not a Virgo and this is the
> egg carton
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/VkPtrhT5/eggs.jpg
>
> I sent it to my friend and her reply was: Oh, never.
>
> Not easy being a Virgo sometimes.
Virgo too. When I need 3 I use 4.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<jppn7bFgbj3U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223813&group=rec.food.cooking#223813

From: leoblais...@sbcglobal.net (Leonard Blaisdell)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: 1 Oct 2022 02:33:16 GMT
 by: Leonard Blaisdell - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 02:33 UTC

On 2022-10-01, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net <itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

> Oh no! I'm a Leo and my egg carton never looks like that.
> EEK!

I wish I was a Leo! It's only logical, but I'm a Virgo too. That
mismanaged carton of eggs looks disrupted and chaotic to me.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<JXTZK.465058$6Il8.146758@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223839&group=rec.food.cooking#223839

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 09:42:01 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 09:42 UTC

On 2022-09-30, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
> OK, I'm a Virgo.
> Virgos are known for being perfectionists. Clean freaks. They are known
> for their attention to detail. They can find patterns where there are none
>
> We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
> when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
> a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
> said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
> inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
> Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.
>
> So, my daughter stayed with me for a couple of day with the storm so she
> made a half dozen hard boiled eggs. She is not a Virgo and this is the
> egg carton
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/VkPtrhT5/eggs.jpg

My husband's like that. I rearrange the egg carton every time I
open it up, keeping the eggs toward the center so the carton is
balanced and easier to pick up.

I'm a Pisces.

"Pisces people are known for being emotionally sensitive, gracious, and
emotionally aware. Pisces characters are regarded for being among the
most sympathetic of the zodiac signs, and they will go to great lengths
to ensure the happiness of those around them. They're also creative and
imaginative."

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<857db1aa-3d3b-4441-b272-895a05bfc6b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223853&group=rec.food.cooking#223853

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 04:23:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 11:23 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 6:02:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> OK, I'm a Virgo.
> Virgos are known for being perfectionists. Clean freaks. They are known
> for their attention to detail. They can find patterns where there are none
>
> We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
> when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
> a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
> said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
> inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
> Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.

I do the exact same thing with eggs. They are less
likely to fall out of a crowded fridge. It's not kooky
or obsessive. It's rational. I am not *a Virgo*. Those
who believe in such hooey would call me *a Scorpio*.

--Bryan

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<t2cgjhtkm13fihu25caru5beqlmnjsaqf8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223866&group=rec.food.cooking#223866

From: penmar...@aol.com (Sheldon Martin)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 08:40:51 -0400
 by: Sheldon Martin - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 12:40 UTC

On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 Bryan Simmons wrote:
>On Friday, September 30, 2022 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> OK, I'm a Virgo.
>> Virgos are known for being perfectionists. Clean freaks. They are known
>> for their attention to detail. They can find patterns where there are none
>>
>> We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
>> when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
>> a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
>> said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
>> inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
>> Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.
>>
>I do the exact same thing with eggs. They are less
>likely to fall out of a crowded fridge. It's not kooky
>or obsessive. It's rational. I am not *a Virgo*. Those
>who believe in such hooey would call me *a Scorpio*.
>
>--Bryan

We generally buy the 18 egg cartons, as soon as we remove any the rest
go into a glass mixing bowl, easier and safer. We also keep hard
boiled eggs in the fridge, those are placed into a plastic Tupperware
bowl. We give the empty egg cartons to a neighbor who keeps chickens
for the eggs... we don't take any of those eggs because they are not
inspected by the health department... chickens don't need to be
inspected until someone is keeping a certain amount, I think here it's
25 chickens, everywhere is different. Commercial chicken operations
are inspected constantly. Eggs are cheap, not worth the risk for a
few free eggs.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<th9ef0$1b4t5$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223873&group=rec.food.cooking#223873

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 09:14:05 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 13:14 UTC

On 10/1/2022 8:40 AM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> On Friday, September 30, 2022 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> OK, I'm a Virgo.
>>> Virgos are known for being perfectionists. Clean freaks. They are known
>>> for their attention to detail. They can find patterns where there are none
>>>
>>> We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
>>> when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
>>> a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
>>> said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
>>> inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
>>> Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.
>>>
>> I do the exact same thing with eggs. They are less
>> likely to fall out of a crowded fridge. It's not kooky
>> or obsessive. It's rational. I am not *a Virgo*. Those
>> who believe in such hooey would call me *a Scorpio*.
>>
>> --Bryan
>
> We generally buy the 18 egg cartons, as soon as we remove any the rest
> go into a glass mixing bowl, easier and safer. We also keep hard
> boiled eggs in the fridge, those are placed into a plastic Tupperware
> bowl. We give the empty egg cartons to a neighbor who keeps chickens
> for the eggs... we don't take any of those eggs because they are not
> inspected by the health department... chickens don't need to be
> inspected until someone is keeping a certain amount, I think here it's
> 25 chickens, everywhere is different. Commercial chicken operations
> are inspected constantly. Eggs are cheap, not worth the risk for a
> few free eggs.

My boss's wife has six chickens so they can have fresh eggs. She gifts
me a half a dozen eggs once in a while. There's nothing wrong with
them, they don't need to be inspected. She's not running a chicken
farm. The breed of chickens she has are called 'Easter Eggers'. They
lay eggs that have different coloured shells. Green, blue, yellow, pink. :)

Jill

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<th9lj6$1c2cb$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223895&group=rec.food.cooking#223895

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 11:15:49 -0400
 by: Gary - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 15:15 UTC

On 9/30/2022 8:25 PM, itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
> On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 6:02:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> So, my daughter stayed with me for a couple of day with the storm so she
>> made a half dozen hard boiled eggs. She is not a Virgo and this is the
>> egg carton
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/VkPtrhT5/eggs.jpg
>>
>> I sent it to my friend and her reply was: Oh, never.
>>
>> Not easy being a Virgo sometimes.
>>
> Oh no! I'm a Leo and my egg carton never looks like that.
> EEK!

I always take eggs from the two ends, then the front of a package and
leave the others in the center. My fridge stays extra cold and hopefully
that will keep any from freezing slightly.

I also take some out to the counter an hour or so before cooking, just
in case.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<th9lk3$1c2cb$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223897&group=rec.food.cooking#223897

From: g.maj...@att.net (Gary)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 11:16:18 -0400
 by: Gary - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 15:16 UTC

On 9/30/2022 8:39 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:25:00 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net"
> <itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 6:02:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> So, my daughter stayed with me for a couple of day with the storm so she
>>> made a half dozen hard boiled eggs. She is not a Virgo and this is the
>>> egg carton
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/VkPtrhT5/eggs.jpg
>>>
>>> I sent it to my friend and her reply was: Oh, never.
>>>
>>> Not easy being a Virgo sometimes.
>>>
>> Oh no! I'm a Leo and my egg carton never looks like that.
>> EEK!
>
> I'm a Leo too and I work from the outside in, so as to have a balanced
> carton in case it's put on top of something else. But I think Ed's
> daughter's approach is more artistic, not hindered by mathematical or
> overly practical considerations.

Leo lives in Nevada, you two fakers.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<2f7c3249-1b43-42a0-a51d-1269a1a7452dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223905&group=rec.food.cooking#223905

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 08:33:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 15:33 UTC

On Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 10:16:25 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> On 9/30/2022 8:39 PM, Bruce wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:25:00 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoan...@webtv.net"
> > <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:

> >> Oh no! I'm a Leo and my egg carton never looks like that.
> >> EEK!
> >
> > I'm a Leo too and I work from the outside in, so as to have a balanced
> > carton in case it's put on top of something else. But I think Ed's
> > daughter's approach is more artistic, not hindered by mathematical or
> > overly practical considerations.
> Leo lives in Nevada, you two fakers.

I am Spartacus.

--Bryan

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<abd093c9-402b-482a-a785-039be6e7018fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223914&group=rec.food.cooking#223914

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 09:16:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 16:16 UTC

On Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 10:37:19 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> On Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 10:33:21 AM UTC-5, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Leo lives in Nevada, you two fakers.
> > >
> > I am Spartacus.
> >
> > --Bryan
> Do you pants or a skirt...???

I prefer a terrycloth bathrobe.

> --
> GM

--Bryan

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<jprdmsFoi5bU8@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223926&group=rec.food.cooking#223926

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 05:03:07 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 18:03 UTC

On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 11:16:18 -0400, Gary <g.majors@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/30/2022 8:39 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 17:25:00 -0700 (PDT), "itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net"
>> <itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

>>> Oh no! I'm a Leo and my egg carton never looks like that.
>>> EEK!
>>
>> I'm a Leo too and I work from the outside in, so as to have a balanced
>> carton in case it's put on top of something else. But I think Ed's
>> daughter's approach is more artistic, not hindered by mathematical or
>> overly practical considerations.
>
>Leo lives in Nevada, you two fakers.

What does that have to do with anything?

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<jprdv5Foi5bU9@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223927&group=rec.food.cooking#223927

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 05:07:32 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 18:07 UTC

On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 08:40:51 -0400, Sheldon Martin <penmart01@aol.com>
wrote:

>We generally buy the 18 egg cartons, as soon as we remove any the rest
>go into a glass mixing bowl, easier and safer. We also keep hard
>boiled eggs in the fridge, those are placed into a plastic Tupperware
>bowl. We give the empty egg cartons to a neighbor who keeps chickens
>for the eggs... we don't take any of those eggs because they are not
>inspected by the health department... chickens don't need to be
>inspected until someone is keeping a certain amount, I think here it's
>25 chickens, everywhere is different. Commercial chicken operations
>are inspected constantly. Eggs are cheap, not worth the risk for a
>few free eggs.

Nonsense, as usual.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<jpre2rFoi5bU10@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=223928&group=rec.food.cooking#223928

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 05:09:30 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 18:09 UTC

On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 09:14:05 -0400, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>> We generally buy the 18 egg cartons, as soon as we remove any the rest
>> go into a glass mixing bowl, easier and safer. We also keep hard
>> boiled eggs in the fridge, those are placed into a plastic Tupperware
>> bowl. We give the empty egg cartons to a neighbor who keeps chickens
>> for the eggs... we don't take any of those eggs because they are not
>> inspected by the health department...

You're a typical city wuss.

>> chickens don't need to be
>> inspected until someone is keeping a certain amount, I think here it's
>> 25 chickens, everywhere is different. Commercial chicken operations
>> are inspected constantly. Eggs are cheap, not worth the risk for a
>> few free eggs.
>

>My boss's wife has six chickens so they can have fresh eggs. She gifts
>me a half a dozen eggs once in a while. There's nothing wrong with
>them, they don't need to be inspected.

Sheldon thinks that's very dangerous. Maybe you should put the eggs
through a RO filter before consumption.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<fg5_K.73678$OR4c.9541@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224005&group=rec.food.cooking#224005

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 20:51:31 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 00:51 UTC

On 10/1/2022 5:42, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'm a Pisces.
>
> "Pisces people are known for being emotionally sensitive, gracious, and
> emotionally aware.

I'm sorry, Cindy, but I laughed out loud when I read that :)

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<Ii5_K.73679$OR4c.71610@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224006&group=rec.food.cooking#224006

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 20:54:08 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 00:54 UTC

On 10/1/2022 8:40, Sheldon Martin wrote:

> We give the empty egg cartons to a neighbor who keeps chickens
> for the eggs... we don't take any of those eggs because they are not
> inspected by the health department... chickens don't need to be
> inspected until someone is keeping a certain amount, I think here it's
> 25 chickens, everywhere is different. Commercial chicken operations
> are inspected constantly. Eggs are cheap, not worth the risk for a
> few free eggs.

You're a chicken. LOL.

Your obsession with filtering your indoor air is understandable since
you have breathing issues, but your USDA inspected egg obsession is odd.
I would trust backyard chicken eggs ahead of commercially inspected
ones which have their protective coating washed off.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<jps7gmFsblmU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224021&group=rec.food.cooking#224021

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:23:34 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 01:23 UTC

On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 20:51:31 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 10/1/2022 5:42, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I'm a Pisces.
>>
>> "Pisces people are known for being emotionally sensitive, gracious, and
>> emotionally aware.
>
>I'm sorry, Cindy, but I laughed out loud when I read that :)

Yes, because that sounds like the exact opposite of Cindy.

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<NM5_K.722647$BKL8.320868@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224023&group=rec.food.cooking#224023

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 20:26:03 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 01:26 UTC

Michael Trew wrote:
> On 10/1/2022 5:42, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I'm a Pisces.
>>
>> "Pisces people are known for being emotionally sensitive,
>> gracious, and
>> emotionally aware.
>
> I'm sorry, Cindy, but I laughed out loud when I read that :)

She is too. She knows astrology is pure bullshit. You should too.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<R_c_K.379478$SAT4.116290@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224083&group=rec.food.cooking#224083

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 09:38:57 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 09:38 UTC

On 2022-10-02, Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
> On 10/1/2022 5:42, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I'm a Pisces.
>>
>> "Pisces people are known for being emotionally sensitive, gracious, and
>> emotionally aware.
>
> I'm sorry, Cindy, but I laughed out loud when I read that :)

That was precisely the reaction I was going for.

Still, that's what astrology says about everybody born between
February 19 and March 20.

The only use to which I put being emotionally sensitive is knowing
exactly where to stick the psychological "knife" and give it a twist.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<1xjfsfljx3ai$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224105&group=rec.food.cooking#224105

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 05:57:24 -0500
 by: Sqwertz - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 10:57 UTC

On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:02:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> OK, I'm a Virgo.
> ...They can find patterns where there are none

And Cancers see little green men when there are none.

I don't think that's a "Good Thing".

> We are very methodical is the simplest of tasks. A couple of years ago
> when visiting my friend, she was going to make eggs for breakfast. From
> a carton or 18, she took tow from one end, then two from the other. I
> said I take from one end, two from the outer rows, next two from the
> inner row and worked down. She works from both ends to maintain balance.
> Either is acceptable. We just sort of laughed and then had breakfast.

I brought this up a few months ago in RFC on Facebook.
Neither of your ways are acceptable. She leave the weight in
center, you leave it on one end. The idea is to balance the
weight EVENLY across the whole carton with the eggs you have left.
I'm quite anal about trying to arrange them to make an evenly
balanced pattern but it's nearly impossible with any amount of
eggs except 12 or 18.

-sw

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<v0p_K.260457$PRW4.73030@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224288&group=rec.food.cooking#224288

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 23:19:55 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 23:19 UTC

On 2022-10-02, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> I'm quite anal about trying to arrange them to make an evenly
> balanced pattern but it's nearly impossible with any amount of
> eggs except 12 or 18.

You're not nearly anal enough, Steve. I always calculate
angular moments of inertia in all three dimensions to
minimize spin flip transitions if the carton flips out.

You might also want to alternate blunt ends up and
pointy ends up, depending on handedness & hemisphere.

Re: Eggs and your astrological sign

<wip_K.379974$SAT4.144737@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=224294&group=rec.food.cooking#224294

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:39:08 -0400
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 23:39 UTC

On 2022-10-02 7:19 p.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
> On 2022-10-02, Sqwertz <sqwertzme@gmail.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I'm quite anal about trying to arrange them to make an evenly
>> balanced pattern but it's nearly impossible with any amount of
>> eggs except 12 or 18.
>
> You're not nearly anal enough, Steve. I always calculate
> angular moments of inertia in all three dimensions to
> minimize spin flip transitions if the carton flips out.
>
> You might also want to alternate blunt ends up and
> pointy ends up, depending on handedness & hemisphere.

I did the test today. I needed an egg for the oatmeal pancakes I was
making and I needed some to make my favourite spinach and hot sauce
scrambled eggs. I would not call it anal, but I am in the habit of
removing the eggs from one end. My habit seems to be to open up the
carton and remove the eggs from the left. I may use my left hand or my
right hand, but I always remove them from the left.

Then I hold the empty end of the carton and slip it back into the
fridge, The next time I reach for the egg carton in the fridge I can
gauge how many eggs are left in the carton by hour offset the weight is.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Eggs and your astrological sign