The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse time. -- Merrick Furst

interests / rec.food.cooking / Asian Food

SubjectAuthor
* Asian FoodMichael Trew
+* Re: Asian Fooddsi1
|+- Re: Asian FoodHank Rogers
|`* Re: Asian FoodMichael Trew
| +* Re: Asian FoodCindy Hamilton
| |`- Re: Asian FoodEd Pawlowski
| `* Re: Asian Fooddsi1
|  +- Re: Asian FoodCindy Hamilton
|  `* Re: Asian FoodMichael Trew
|   `* Re: Asian Fooddsi1
|    +- Re: Asian FoodMike Duffy
|    +* Re: Asian Foodbruce bowser
|    |`* Re: Asian Food@florence.it
|    | `* Re: Asian Foodbruce bowser
|    |  `* Re: Asian FoodMike Duffy
|    |   +* Re: Asian Food@florence.it
|    |   |`* Re: Asian FoodGraham
|    |   | +* Re: Asian Food@florence.it
|    |   | |`- Re: Asian FoodBruce
|    |   | `* Re: Asian Fooddsi1
|    |   |  `- Re: Asian FoodHank Rogers
|    |   `* Re: Asian FoodEd Pawlowski
|    |    `* Re: Asian Foodbruce bowser
|    |     `- Re: Asian FoodMike Duffy
|    `* Re: Asian FoodDave Smith
|     `- Re: Asian FoodLeonard Blaisdell
+- Re: Asian FoodSqwertz
+* Re: Asian FoodCindy Hamilton
|+- Re: Asian Foodjmcquown
|+- Re: Asian Fooddsi1
|`* Re: Asian FoodMichael Trew
| `* Re: Asian Fooddsi1
|  `- Re: Asian FoodHank Rogers
+* Re: Asian Fooddsi1
|`* Re: Asian FoodBryan Simmons
| `- Re: Asian Fooddsi1
+- Re: Asian FoodProton Pump
`* Re: Asian FoodJohn Kuthe
 +- Re: Asian FoodHank Rogers
 `* Re: Asian FoodAlex
  `* Re: Asian Foodjmcquown
   +- Re: Asian FoodBruce
   `* Re: Asian FoodGary
    +- Re: Asian FoodBruce
    `- Re: Asian Foodjmcquown

Pages:12
Asian Food

<8kbjL.62111$pem1.44677@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237364&group=rec.food.cooking#237364

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Asian Food
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 19:55:33 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 00:55 UTC

This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.

The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
"soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
mention cold soba noodles.

https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx

Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
"vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
with them.

Re: Asian Food

<a73486ce-891d-46e6-a682-7e6e973ad049n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237371&group=rec.food.cooking#237371

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 17:37:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Asian Food
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 01:37 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>
> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> mention cold soba noodles.
>
> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>
> Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
> one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
> "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
> noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
> are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
> with them.

Soba can be served cold or hot. Mostly, they are buckwheat noodles. Typically, I'll eat it cold although I'd rather have somen noodles - wheat noodles.. The prices seem pretty good. Of course, that's assuming that the food tastes right. I just made some miso soup with some spicy scallops - now that was a pretty good soup!
I went to a Christmas party last night. The food was pretty good. There were spring rolls with pastrami in them. That's kind of goofy but I ate it anyway. :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gnbPa8T1fdEpekFG6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jrkkWkVm7GoADSRf6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5aTSmUycQobuNiodA

Re: Asian Food

<BncjL.7257$ZRk4.2554@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237376&group=rec.food.cooking#237376

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 20:07:27 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 02:07 UTC

dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
>> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
>> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
>> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
>> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>>
>> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
>> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
>> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
>> mention cold soba noodles.
>>
>> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>>
>> Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
>> one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
>> "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
>> noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
>> are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
>> with them.
>
> Soba can be served cold or hot. Mostly, they are buckwheat noodles. Typically, I'll eat it cold although I'd rather have somen noodles - wheat noodles. The prices seem pretty good. Of course, that's assuming that the food tastes right. I just made some miso soup with some spicy scallops - now that was a pretty good soup!
> I went to a Christmas party last night. The food was pretty good. There were spring rolls with pastrami in them. That's kind of goofy but I ate it anyway. :)

Yoose sure it wasn't dog meat Uncle?

Re: Asian Food

<c1nwlfq08m9w$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237386&group=rec.food.cooking#237386

From: sqwert...@gmail.invalid (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 02:12:30 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 08:12 UTC

On Sun, 04 Dec 2022 19:55:33 -0500, Michael Trew wrote:

> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>
> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> mention cold soba noodles.
>
> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx

Japanese food isn't Asian Food any more than Indian food is Asian
Food. And Asian food is all the major nations in Asia except.
India, Japan, and all the Fuckistans and the Arabians.

Those three are all cuisines very different from any other
"Asian". I don't know who taught the Japanese how to cook food,
but I think somebody had a good laugh.

-sw

Re: Asian Food

<ngjjL.2895$bvs9.34@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237389&group=rec.food.cooking#237389

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 09:57:39 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 09:57 UTC

On 2022-12-05, Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>
> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> mention cold soba noodles.
>
> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx

All of those soba dishes are hot and likely pan-fried (like lo mein).
They may or may not actually be soba noodles; I've been served random
wheat noodles as soba before.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Asian Food

<cf6508c9-5350-4168-91c3-407ac40e6a6fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237421&group=rec.food.cooking#237421

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 11:05:41 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 19:05 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>
> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> mention cold soba noodles.
>
> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>
> Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
> one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
> "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
> noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
> are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
> with them.

I mixed up some Mexican style chorizo this morning. I've never made this before but it wasn't bad. I guess you could call it a Mexican-Asian-American plate.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w8ykyu7YJVLtf4vH6
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7KsDW56fceNMBANz5

Re: Asian Food

<tmltqd$1q5v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237445&group=rec.food.cooking#237445

From: in....@it.or (Proton Pump)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 15:11:11 -0800
 by: Proton Pump - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 23:11 UTC

On 12/4/2022 4:55 PM, Michael Trew wrote:

> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious.  I might
> try it on the way home from work one day.  My primary question:  These
> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes?  I've only heard Cindy
> mention cold soba noodles.

Cold soba is usually served as "zaru soba," noodles on a flat slatted
mat (that's the "zaru") with shoyu dipping sauce and condiments.

Soba can also be used in soups like "kake soba," hot broth poured over
the noodles, "tanuki soba," another soup/stew made with broth and
tenkasu (fried bits of tempura batter), or "tsukimi soba" with egg.

> Maybe > "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
> noodle/veggie dish.

This time of year, the soba soups are quite popular in their homeland
and in Japanese restaurants just about everywhere.

Re: Asian Food

<e40a9bd3-9633-4b00-9fe6-c7aea77d3a52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237450&group=rec.food.cooking#237450

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 16:11:49 -0800 (PST)
From: bryangsi...@gmail.com (Bryan Simmons)
 by: Bryan Simmons - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 00:11 UTC

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 1:05:45 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> > This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> > can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> > on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> > It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
> >
> > The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> > try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> > "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> > mention cold soba noodles.
> >
> > https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
> >
> > Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
> > one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
> > "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
> > noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
> > are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
> > with them.
> I mixed up some Mexican style chorizo this morning. I've never made this before but it wasn't bad. I guess you could call it a Mexican-Asian-American plate.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/w8ykyu7YJVLtf4vH6
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/7KsDW56fceNMBANz5

I hope that you got the proportions correct. That is
the proportion of lymph nodes to salivary glands.
That's very important you know.

--Bryan

Re: Asian Food

<tmm3ik$1j0p$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237458&group=rec.food.cooking#237458

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 19:49:22 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 00:49 UTC

On 12/5/2022 4:57 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-12-05, Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
>> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
>> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
>> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
>> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>>
>> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
>> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
>> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
>> mention cold soba noodles.
>>
>> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>
> All of those soba dishes are hot and likely pan-fried (like lo mein).
> They may or may not actually be soba noodles; I've been served random
> wheat noodles as soba before.

Aren't soba noodles usually made from buckwheat? I suppose it depends
on the restaurant and what their supplier offers in Moon Township, PA.
Of course there are hot soba noodle dishes. I couldn't speak to that
particular restaurant. I will say there is a *lot* of stuff on that menu.

Jill

Re: Asian Food

<b3a39e49-5fce-44f8-b2d4-898936e55ed1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237467&group=rec.food.cooking#237467

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 17:31:52 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 01:31 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 11:57:46 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-12-05, Michael Trew <michae...@att.net> wrote:
> > This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> > can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> > on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> > It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
> >
> > The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> > try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> > "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> > mention cold soba noodles.
> >
> > https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
> All of those soba dishes are hot and likely pan-fried (like lo mein).
> They may or may not actually be soba noodles; I've been served random
> wheat noodles as soba before.
>
> --
> Cindy Hamilton

It's no mystery. If the noodles are brown, it's soba. It could be hot noodles or cold noodles or fried noodles. OTOH, these noodles are not soba - it's Korean udon noodles with black bean sauce. There you go.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/okMDkQKdKBx36irK7

Re: Asian Food

<90ae2cda-081b-41b2-bded-cbecff84205cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237469&group=rec.food.cooking#237469

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 17:36:06 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 01:36 UTC

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 2:11:52 PM UTC-10, bryang...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 1:05:45 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 2:55:38 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> > > This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> > > can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> > > on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> > > It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
> > >
> > > The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> > > try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> > > "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> > > mention cold soba noodles.
> > >
> > > https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
> > >
> > > Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
> > > one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
> > > "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
> > > noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
> > > are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
> > > with them.
> > I mixed up some Mexican style chorizo this morning. I've never made this before but it wasn't bad. I guess you could call it a Mexican-Asian-American plate.
> >
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/w8ykyu7YJVLtf4vH6
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/7KsDW56fceNMBANz5
> >
> I hope that you got the proportions correct. That is
> the proportion of lymph nodes to salivary glands.
> That's very important you know.
>
> --Bryan

Beats me how much lymph nodes are in ground pork. I ain't afraid of lymph nodes and glands anyway.

Re: Asian Food

<8342dc30-779e-4689-b73b-53227c3ad296n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237471&group=rec.food.cooking#237471

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 17:55:56 -0800 (PST)
From: johnkuth...@gmail.com (John Kuthe)
 by: John Kuthe - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 01:55 UTC

On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 6:55:38 PM UTC-6, Michael Trew wrote:
> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>
> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> mention cold soba noodles.
>
> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>
> Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
> one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
> "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
> noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
> are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
> with them.

Yum! I LOVE Asian food,and Nepali food too! And especially one particular Nepali woman's butthole to lick, and she loved it too! Very clean butthole too!

John Kuthe...

Re: Asian Food

<VmyjL.4331$Tcw8.920@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237472&group=rec.food.cooking#237472

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 21:08:36 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 03:08 UTC

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 6:55:38 PM UTC-6, Michael Trew wrote:
>> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
>> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
>> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
>> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>>
>> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
>> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
>> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
>> mention cold soba noodles.
>>
>> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>>
>> Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
>> one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
>> "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
>> noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
>> are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
>> with them.
>
> Yum! I LOVE Asian food,and Nepali food too! And especially one particular Nepali woman's butthole to lick, and she loved it too! Very clean butthole too!
>

> John Kuthe...

Mr. Bumpy came out clean as a whistle, right?

Re: Asian Food

<CVzjL.3$Ldj8.0@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237485&group=rec.food.cooking#237485

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 23:53:56 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 04:53 UTC

On 12/4/2022 20:37, dsi1 wrote:

> Soba can be served cold or hot. Mostly, they are buckwheat noodles.
> Typically, I'll eat it cold although I'd rather have somen noodles -
> wheat noodles. The prices seem pretty good. Of course, that's
> assuming that the food tastes right. I just made some miso soup with
> some spicy scallops - now that was a pretty good soup! I went to a
> Christmas party last night. The food was pretty good. There were
> spring rolls with pastrami in them. That's kind of goofy but I ate it
> anyway. :)

I like that miso soup. Spring rolls with pastrami would be an
interesting combination.

> https://photos.app.goo.gl/gnbPa8T1fdEpekFG6

Looks good to me!

I have a Christmas party to go to this Thursday for all of the dealers
at the antique mall. No snow yet, thank God. We sent out an invitation
to a retired dealer in her late 80's. She wants to go, but lives in
assisted living now, and has no transportation. I told her that I'd
gladly give her a ride there. Oops, none of my cars are really suitable
for frail people. Oh well, a free ride is a free ride.

Re: Asian Food

<LXzjL.4$Ldj8.1@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237487&group=rec.food.cooking#237487

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 23:56:13 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 04:56 UTC

On 12/5/2022 4:57, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-12-05, Michael Trew<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
>> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
>> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
>> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
>> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>>
>> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
>> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
>> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
>> mention cold soba noodles.
>>
>> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>
> All of those soba dishes are hot and likely pan-fried (like lo mein).
> They may or may not actually be soba noodles; I've been served random
> wheat noodles as soba before.

I'll try to remember to take a camera and photograph it if I stop by.
If hot and pan fried, I'll take an order of that vegetable soba.

Re: Asian Food

<TIEjL.6163$wfQc.348@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237503&group=rec.food.cooking#237503

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 10:21:39 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 10:21 UTC

On 2022-12-06, Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
> On 12/4/2022 20:37, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> Soba can be served cold or hot. Mostly, they are buckwheat noodles.
>> Typically, I'll eat it cold although I'd rather have somen noodles -
>> wheat noodles. The prices seem pretty good. Of course, that's
>> assuming that the food tastes right. I just made some miso soup with
>> some spicy scallops - now that was a pretty good soup! I went to a
>> Christmas party last night. The food was pretty good. There were
>> spring rolls with pastrami in them. That's kind of goofy but I ate it
>> anyway. :)
>
> I like that miso soup. Spring rolls with pastrami would be an
> interesting combination.

Corned beef egg rolls are a Detroit "thing", I guess. I've never
had them.

https://www.seriouseats.com/whats-a-corned-beef-egg-roll-a-detroit-regional-specialty-maybe

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Asian Food

<blJjL.1850$iS99.871@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237526&group=rec.food.cooking#237526

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 10:37:43 -0500
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 15:37 UTC

On 12/6/2022 5:21 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2022-12-06, Michael Trew <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
>> On 12/4/2022 20:37, dsi1 wrote:
>>>
>>> Soba can be served cold or hot. Mostly, they are buckwheat noodles.
>>> Typically, I'll eat it cold although I'd rather have somen noodles -
>>> wheat noodles. The prices seem pretty good. Of course, that's
>>> assuming that the food tastes right. I just made some miso soup with
>>> some spicy scallops - now that was a pretty good soup! I went to a
>>> Christmas party last night. The food was pretty good. There were
>>> spring rolls with pastrami in them. That's kind of goofy but I ate it
>>> anyway. :)
>>
>> I like that miso soup. Spring rolls with pastrami would be an
>> interesting combination.
>
> Corned beef egg rolls are a Detroit "thing", I guess. I've never
> had them.
>
> https://www.seriouseats.com/whats-a-corned-beef-egg-roll-a-detroit-regional-specialty-maybe

Oh, I'd try them. When I was working a few days we at breakfast at the
office. I'd grab a couple of those on the way in.

Re: Asian Food

<a513b232-bfb3-43f6-acf7-2be4f750a617n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237538&group=rec.food.cooking#237538

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:40:25 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 17:40 UTC

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 6:54:00 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 12/4/2022 20:37, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > Soba can be served cold or hot. Mostly, they are buckwheat noodles.
> > Typically, I'll eat it cold although I'd rather have somen noodles -
> > wheat noodles. The prices seem pretty good. Of course, that's
> > assuming that the food tastes right. I just made some miso soup with
> > some spicy scallops - now that was a pretty good soup! I went to a
> > Christmas party last night. The food was pretty good. There were
> > spring rolls with pastrami in them. That's kind of goofy but I ate it
> > anyway. :)
> I like that miso soup. Spring rolls with pastrami would be an
> interesting combination.
>
> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/gnbPa8T1fdEpekFG6
>
> Looks good to me!
>
> I have a Christmas party to go to this Thursday for all of the dealers
> at the antique mall. No snow yet, thank God. We sent out an invitation
> to a retired dealer in her late 80's. She wants to go, but lives in
> assisted living now, and has no transportation. I told her that I'd
> gladly give her a ride there. Oops, none of my cars are really suitable
> for frail people. Oh well, a free ride is a free ride.

If I was 80 years old, I wouldn't want to go out in the snow. That could be just me because I'm freaked out by snow. Only kids and young adults should venture out into the snowy night. I have to go to a party on Thursday too. I'll probably bail out if it snows.

Re: Asian Food

<6b0b2539-4494-4834-9ffe-87b670933643n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237540&group=rec.food.cooking#237540

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:42:42 -0800 (PST)
From: dsi...@hawaiiantel.net (dsi1)
 by: dsi1 - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 17:42 UTC

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 6:56:17 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 12/5/2022 4:57, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On 2022-12-05, Michael Trew<michae...@att.net> wrote:
> >> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
> >> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
> >> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
> >> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
> >>
> >> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
> >> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
> >> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
> >> mention cold soba noodles.
> >>
> >> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
> >
> > All of those soba dishes are hot and likely pan-fried (like lo mein).
> > They may or may not actually be soba noodles; I've been served random
> > wheat noodles as soba before.
> I'll try to remember to take a camera and photograph it if I stop by.
> If hot and pan fried, I'll take an order of that vegetable soba.

If you like wheat bread instead of white bread - you probably should order the soba. If you're a white bread kind of guy, order the ramen or udon.

Re: Asian Food

<7FLjL.1517$b7Kc.926@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237546&group=rec.food.cooking#237546

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 18:15:31 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Tue, 6 Dec 2022 18:15 UTC

On 2022-12-06, dsi1 <dsi123@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:
> On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 6:54:00 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 12/4/2022 20:37, dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > Soba can be served cold or hot. Mostly, they are buckwheat noodles.
>> > Typically, I'll eat it cold although I'd rather have somen noodles -
>> > wheat noodles. The prices seem pretty good. Of course, that's
>> > assuming that the food tastes right. I just made some miso soup with
>> > some spicy scallops - now that was a pretty good soup! I went to a
>> > Christmas party last night. The food was pretty good. There were
>> > spring rolls with pastrami in them. That's kind of goofy but I ate it
>> > anyway. :)
>> I like that miso soup. Spring rolls with pastrami would be an
>> interesting combination.
>>
>> > https://photos.app.goo.gl/gnbPa8T1fdEpekFG6
>>
>> Looks good to me!
>>
>> I have a Christmas party to go to this Thursday for all of the dealers
>> at the antique mall. No snow yet, thank God. We sent out an invitation
>> to a retired dealer in her late 80's. She wants to go, but lives in
>> assisted living now, and has no transportation. I told her that I'd
>> gladly give her a ride there. Oops, none of my cars are really suitable
>> for frail people. Oh well, a free ride is a free ride.
>
> If I was 80 years old, I wouldn't want to go out in the snow.
> That could be just me because I'm freaked out by snow. Only
> kids and young adults should venture out into the snowy night.
> I have to go to a party on Thursday too. I'll probably bail
> out if it snows.

What are 80-year-olds supposed to do? Stay home from November
through March?

If I'm very, very lucky, I'll still be shoveling snow when I'm 80.
Very, very slowly, of course.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Asian Food

<dXQjL.9352$iU59.1520@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237602&group=rec.food.cooking#237602

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: han...@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 18:16:09 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 00:16 UTC

dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 6:56:17 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:

>>> All of those soba dishes are hot and likely pan-fried (like lo mein).
>>> They may or may not actually be soba noodles; I've been served random
>>> wheat noodles as soba before.
>> I'll try to remember to take a camera and photograph it if I stop by.
>> If hot and pan fried, I'll take an order of that vegetable soba.
>
> If you like wheat bread instead of white bread - you probably should order the soba. If you're a white bread kind of guy, order the ramen or udon.

Are they that bad, Uncle?

Re: Asian Food

<YfmdnUPY4PblQRL-nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237603&group=rec.food.cooking#237603

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 19:21:11 -0500
 by: Alex - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 00:21 UTC

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 6:55:38 PM UTC-6, Michael Trew wrote:
>> This is more directed at Cindy, based on recent discussion, but anyone
>> can chime in. I found a receipt for this place [Tokyo Restaurant] left
>> on a lunch table at the airport tower when I was cleaning the other day.
>> It's pretty close by, but I wasn't aware of it prior.
>>
>> The menu looks pretty good, and the prices aren't atrocious. I might
>> try it on the way home from work one day. My primary question: These
>> "soba" noodles, all of them are cold dishes? I've only heard Cindy
>> mention cold soba noodles.
>>
>> https://www.beyondmenu.com/50894/moon-township/tokyo-hibachi-and-sushi-moon-township-15108.aspx
>>
>> Most of the Sushi rolls seem to be reasonably priced. I'd like to try
>> one of those spicy California rolls, and something else. Maybe
>> "vegetable soba", but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a cold
>> noodle/veggie dish. If not that, probably gyoza dumpings; those things
>> are usually pretty good, with whatever that brown sauce is that comes
>> with them.
> Yum! I LOVE Asian food,and Nepali food too! And especially one particular Nepali woman's butthole to lick, and she loved it too! Very clean butthole too!
>

> John Kuthe...

Yet you wonder why you are unemployable and your life is "fucked"?

Re: Asian Food

<tmoopc$assm$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237615&group=rec.food.cooking#237615

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 20:03:39 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 01:03 UTC

On 12/6/2022 7:21 PM, Alex wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>> Yum! I LOVE Asian food,and Nepali food too! And especially one
>> particular Nepali woman's
>>

>> John Kuthe...
>
> Yet you wonder why you are unemployable and your life is "fucked"?

Oh, surely someone will hire him to valet park their car or take care of
preschool children! <snork> (Can't wait for a certain troll to complain
we are "bullying" John. We should all be treat him with kid gloves
while he posts vile things to a cooking newsgroup.)

Jill

Re: Asian Food

<jva9e2Frf1bU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237628&group=rec.food.cooking#237628

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 12:43:23 +1100
 by: Bruce - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 01:43 UTC

On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 20:03:39 -0500, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 12/6/2022 7:21 PM, Alex wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> Yum! I LOVE Asian food,and Nepali food too! And especially one
>>> particular Nepali woman's
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>
>> Yet you wonder why you are unemployable and your life is "fucked"?
>

>Oh, surely someone will hire him to valet park their car or take care of
>preschool children! <snork>

No trolling, please. Jill doesn't like that. Oh wait...

--
Bruce
<https://emalm.com/?v=SQqZJ>

Re: Asian Food

<KBTjL.1973$jiuc.1298@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=237657&group=rec.food.cooking#237657

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 22:18:05 -0500
 by: Michael Trew - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 03:18 UTC

On 12/6/2022 12:40, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 6:54:00 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew
> wrote:
>>
>> I have a Christmas party to go to this Thursday for all of the
>> dealers at the antique mall. No snow yet, thank God. We sent out an
>> invitation to a retired dealer in her late 80's. She wants to go,
>> but lives in assisted living now, and has no transportation. I told
>> her that I'd gladly give her a ride there. Oops, none of my cars
>> are really suitable for frail people. Oh well, a free ride is a
>> free ride.
>
> If I was 80 years old, I wouldn't want to go out in the snow. That
> could be just me because I'm freaked out by snow. Only kids and young
> adults should venture out into the snowy night. I have to go to a
> party on Thursday too. I'll probably bail out if it snows.

I hope you aren't looking for an excuse to bail, because I'd be rather
shocked if it snows for you ;)

She drove to the party last year, even though she later admitted that
she couldn't see at night, and wasn't allowed to drive at night. She
didn't want a ride home then; stubborn. Fortunately, she made it home.
Also fortunately, she no longer has a car.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Asian Food