Furious activity is no substitute for understanding. -- H. H. Williams

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

SubjectAuthor
* Happy Feast of Epiphany DaySqwertz
+- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayGM
+* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayEd P
+* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Dayitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
> [...]
|  |`- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayJanet
|  +* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayJanet
|  |`* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Dayitsjoannotjoann@webtv.net
|  | `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayGraham
|  |  `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBruce
|  |   `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayEd P
|  |    `- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBruce
|  `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayDave Smith
|   +- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayMike Duffy
|   `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBruce
|    `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayJanet
|     `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBruce
|      +* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayS Viemeister
|      |`- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBruce
|      `* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayCindy Hamilton
|       `- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBruce
`* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayGraham
 +- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBruce
 +* Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DaySqwertz
 |`- Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany DayBryanGSimmons

Pages:1234
Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<dXymN.133449$Ama9.70870@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299032&group=rec.food.cooking#299032

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Subject: Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 14:55:05 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 14:55 UTC

On 2024-01-07, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 1/7/2024 6:44 AM, Janet wrote:
>> In article <sGmmN.151353$xHn7.66009@fx14.iad>,
>> j_mcquown@comcast.net says...

>>> There's no mention (AFAIK) of where they got the "swaddling clothes"
>>> (aka diapers). Maybe someone gave him a little toy lamb to play with.
>>> Or someone cooked lamb chops for dinner. ;)
>>
>> Swaddling clothes are nothing to do with diapers.
>> "Swaddling" is a method of closely and firmly
>> wrapping/bundling a newborn baby's whole body in a soft
>> shawl to make it feel calm and safe (mimicking how it
>> felt enclosed in the womb). All my babies were swaddled.
>
> Mea culpa. I should have said blankets. Still don't know where they
> got the blankets if they were so dirt poor.

Swaddling can be narrow strips of cloth.

Were they dirt poor? They traveled for the census and couldn't find
lodging because it was full of other travelers. Joseph was a carpenter,
which was a relatively skilled job.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<E6zmN.110487$vFZa.67843@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299035&group=rec.food.cooking#299035

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 10:07:17 -0500
 by: Ed P - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:07 UTC

On 1/7/2024 9:53 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2024-01-07, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Swaddling clothes aren't diapers. But if I were traveling while
>>> far gone in pregnancy, I'd make sure I packed some.
>>>
>> Okay, I don't really know the story. I was not raised in a religious
>> household. Should I have said blankets?
>
> No, you should have said swaddling clothes. There's really no other
> English word for it.

https://www.adenandanais.com/blog/how-to-swaddle-a-baby

What is Swaddling?

If you're a new or expecting parent, you may not know what exactly it
means to swaddle a baby. It's a word that gets thrown around a lot with
little explanation. We've got you covered!

Swaddling is an age-old practice of wrapping infants with a blanket
snugly around their body. It is known for helping to soothe babies. Many
believe that swaddling has such a calming effect on newborns because it
mimics how they felt in their mother's womb. Little ones often find this
comforting, and swaddling quickly becomes a parent's go-to to help their
baby settle down, go to sleep. and stay alseep.

Another benefit to swaddling is that it helps prevent infants waking
themselves with their moro reflex. The moro reflex (also known as
startle reflex) occurs when there is a sudden disruption causing an
infant to "startle". They react by throwing back their head, extending
out their arms and legs, crying, then pulling the arms and legs back in.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<g9zmN.94753$q3F7.59792@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299036&group=rec.food.cooking#299036

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 10:10:03 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:10 UTC

On 2024-01-07 9:53 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2024-01-07, jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Swaddling clothes aren't diapers. But if I were traveling while
>>> far gone in pregnancy, I'd make sure I packed some.
>>>
>> Okay, I don't really know the story. I was not raised in a religious
>> household. Should I have said blankets?
>
> No, you should have said swaddling clothes. There's really no other
> English word for it.

Perhaps it should be "cloth" since it is basically a cloth wrapper. It's
been a while since there has been a baby on our house but aren't
newborns here swaddled? Our son was. When you see a newborn wrapped up
in a blanket holding their arms in and their legs in place.... that is
swaddling.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<atzmN.204690$83n7.5699@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299040&group=rec.food.cooking#299040

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 15:31:18 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:31 UTC

On 2024-01-07, Dave Smith wrote:

> This was the middle east and everyone and their uncle seems to be
> related to royalty. The House of Saud has as many as 20,000 members and
> there are hundreds of princes.

Yabbut, Dave. Usually they have dozens of 'de facto' or 'ipso facto'
wife-cousins. Also, you need to prove a blood relationship to the
current congenital-idiot-in-chief to be a legal citizen.

What else would you expect in such a society?

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<VHzmN.137103$Wp_8.21297@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299043&group=rec.food.cooking#299043

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 15:47:01 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:47 UTC

On 2024-01-07, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
> On 1/7/2024 9:53 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Okay, I don't really know the story. I was not raised in a religious
>>> household. Should I have said blankets?
>>
>> No, you should have said swaddling clothes. There's really no other
>> English word for it.
>>

> https://www.adenandanais.com/blog/how-to-swaddle-a-baby
>
> What is Swaddling?
>
> If you're a new or expecting parent, you may not know what exactly it
> means to swaddle a baby. It's a word that gets thrown around a lot with
> little explanation. We've got you covered!
>
> Swaddling is an age-old practice of wrapping infants with a blanket
> snugly around their body. It is known for helping to soothe babies. Many
> believe that swaddling has such a calming effect on newborns because it
> mimics how they felt in their mother's womb. Little ones often find this
> comforting, and swaddling quickly becomes a parent's go-to to help their
> baby settle down, go to sleep. and stay alseep.
>
> Another benefit to swaddling is that it helps prevent infants waking
> themselves with their moro reflex. The moro reflex (also known as
> startle reflex) occurs when there is a sudden disruption causing an
> infant to "startle". They react by throwing back their head, extending
> out their arms and legs, crying, then pulling the arms and legs back in.

Not everybody thinks swaddling is a good idea. Concerns include
SIDS
Wriggling out of loose swaddling, which becomes loose bedding, which
increases the risk of SIDS
Hip dysplasia from tight swaddling
Overheating

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<CJzmN.137104$Wp_8.108685@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299044&group=rec.food.cooking#299044

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 15:48:50 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:48 UTC

On 2024-01-07, Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On 2024-01-07 9:53 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Okay, I don't really know the story. I was not raised in a religious
>>> household. Should I have said blankets?
>>
>> No, you should have said swaddling clothes. There's really no other
>> English word for it.
>>

> Perhaps it should be "cloth" since it is basically a cloth wrapper.

Jacobean (or earlier) English. A modern translation uses "cloths".

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unels8$151pg$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299049&group=rec.food.cooking#299049

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 04:09:28 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 17:09 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 09:30:08 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-01-06 7:32 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 06/01/2024 23:42, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>>> I thought Jesus was a poor, unemployable, near destitute
>>> carpenter.  If he had Kings (or wise men), whether 2 or 20, coming
>>> to your baptism, you were royalty and didn't need a profession,
>>> let alone help finding a job.
>
>Were carpenters not of value in those times? They had a skill, so that
>would put them above the unskilled labourors.

And above the unskilled spellors.

>> Jesus was said to be a descendant of the Royal House of David.
>
>This was the middle east and everyone and their uncle seems to be
>related to royalty. The House of Saud has as many as 20,000 members and
>there are hundreds of princes.

In Arab countries, you can buy a statement that "proves" that your
family descends from the Prophet.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unem74$151pg$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299052&group=rec.food.cooking#299052

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 04:15:15 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 17:15 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 09:44:32 -0500, Dave Smith
<adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-01-07 7:03 a.m., Janet wrote:
>
>>> There may be elements of truth in the old stories and genealogies.
>>
>> I believe in men called David because I know so many of
>> them. But even if they were all related to Joseph, Jesus
>> obviously wasn't.
>>
>You never know. Look at the recent Buffy Ste. Marie issue. She claims to
>be native and has been adopted into an Indian band therefore she is Indian.

dsi1 thinks his grandchildren have a native Hawaiian toe, so they're
not illegal invaders of the island.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<aacfdf70-8519-4436-9ba0-56de8728d774n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299054&group=rec.food.cooking#299054

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 09:17:06 -0800 (PST)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 17:17 UTC

On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 5:54:06 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:

> In article <kvu9pp...@mid.individual.net>,
> firs...@lastname.oc.ku says...
> > >
> > Jesus was said to be a descendant of the Royal House of David.
> >
> Which is hard to believe, given that he wasn't even a
> descendant of Joseph.
>
> Janet UK

Both Mary and Joseph were descendants of King David. Mary supplied
the biological connection.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<b90d1536-5296-43ff-9ca9-c0c620a6de7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299055&group=rec.food.cooking#299055

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 09:18:32 -0800 (PST)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 17:18 UTC

On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 6:03:15 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:

> I believe in men called David because I know so many of
> them. But even if they were all related to Joseph, Jesus
> obviously wasn't.
>
> Janet UK

Wrong.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<pUCmN.110491$vFZa.70537@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299077&group=rec.food.cooking#299077

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:25:08 -0700
 by: Graham - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:25 UTC

On 2024-01-07 10:17 a.m., itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
> On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 5:54:06 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>>
>> In article <kvu9pp...@mid.individual.net>,
>> firs...@lastname.oc.ku says...
>>>>
>>> Jesus was said to be a descendant of the Royal House of David.
>>>
>> Which is hard to believe, given that he wasn't even a
>> descendant of Joseph.
>>
>> Janet UK
>>
> Both Mary and Joseph were descendants of King David. Mary supplied
> the biological connection.

If you believe one of the TWO distinct genealogies.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<yVCmN.110492$vFZa.69373@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299079&group=rec.food.cooking#299079

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:26:22 -0700
 by: Graham - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:26 UTC

On 2024-01-07 10:18 a.m., itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
> On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 6:03:15 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>>
>> I believe in men called David because I know so many of
>> them. But even if they were all related to Joseph, Jesus
>> obviously wasn't.
>>
>> Janet UK
>>
> Wrong.
Why? Joseph may have been his Dad but he was NOT his father.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<MPG.40050d6f3864a5b0989b7c@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299082&group=rec.food.cooking#299082

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:35:49 -0000
 by: Janet - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:35 UTC

In article <ivymN.53851$46Te.49772@fx38.iad>,
j_mcquown@comcast.net says...

> On 1/7/2024 6:44 AM, Janet wrote:
> > In article <sGmmN.151353$xHn7.66009@fx14.iad>,
> > j_mcquown@comcast.net says...

> >> There's no mention (AFAIK) of where they got the "swaddling clothes"
> >> (aka diapers). Maybe someone gave him a little toy lamb to play with.
> >> Or someone cooked lamb chops for dinner. ;)
> >
> > Swaddling clothes are nothing to do with diapers.
> > "Swaddling" is a method of closely and firmly
> > wrapping/bundling a newborn baby's whole body in a soft
> > shawl to make it feel calm and safe (mimicking how it
> > felt enclosed in the womb). All my babies were swaddled.
>
> Mea culpa. I should have said blankets. Still don't know where they
> got the blankets if they were so dirt poor.

I used a soft cotton shawl (finer fabric, more flexible
than blankets). Mary would have taken off the shawl she
wore over her head.

Janet

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<MPG.40050f594d80138b989b7d@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299085&group=rec.food.cooking#299085

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44:00 -0000
 by: Janet - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44 UTC

In article <unels8$151pg$3@dont-email.me>,
Bruce@invalid.invalid says...

> In Arab countries, you can buy a statement that "proves" that your
> family descends from the Prophet.

In USA some people buy a family tree "proving" their
descent from British Royalty.. and a Lord/Lady title.

Janet UK

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unever$16gne$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299090&group=rec.food.cooking#299090

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 06:52:58 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:52 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:25:08 -0700, Graham <g.stereo@shaw.ca> wrote:

>On 2024-01-07 10:17 a.m., itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 5:54:06 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> In article <kvu9pp...@mid.individual.net>,
>>> firs...@lastname.oc.ku says...

>>> Which is hard to believe, given that he wasn't even a
>>> descendant of Joseph.
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>
>> Both Mary and Joseph were descendants of King David. Mary supplied
>> the biological connection.
>
>If you believe one of the TWO distinct genealogies.

I understand that people can be religious. I also understand that
people see religious value in the bible. But I can't understand that
people take that book so literally.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unevu7$16gne$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299093&group=rec.food.cooking#299093

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 07:01:11 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:01 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44:00 -0000, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:

>In article <unels8$151pg$3@dont-email.me>,
>Bruce@invalid.invalid says...
>
>> In Arab countries, you can buy a statement that "proves" that your
>> family descends from the Prophet.
>>

> In USA some people buy a family tree "proving" their
>descent from British Royalty.. and a Lord/Lady title.

Maybe that's an idea for Trump. I like the sound of Lord Donald.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<l00fb8Fs5sgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299097&group=rec.food.cooking#299097

From: firstn...@lastname.oc.ku (S Viemeister)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:19:50 +0000
 by: S Viemeister - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:19 UTC

On 07/01/2024 20:01, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44:00 -0000, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:

>> In USA some people buy a family tree "proving" their
>> descent from British Royalty.. and a Lord/Lady title.
>
> Maybe that's an idea for Trump. I like the sound of Lord Donald.

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<LNDmN.21641$Wbff.9593@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299098&group=rec.food.cooking#299098

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:26:18 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:26 UTC

On 2024-01-07 2:26 p.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2024-01-07 10:18 a.m., itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 6:03:15 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe in men called David because I know so many of
>>> them. But even if they were all related to Joseph, Jesus
>>> obviously wasn't.
>>>
>>> Janet UK
>>>
>> Wrong.
> Why? Joseph may have been his Dad but he was NOT his father.

There was a lot of tragedy in his life. It looked like someone had it in
for him.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unf2ka$170lp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299102&group=rec.food.cooking#299102

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 07:47:06 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:47 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 20:19:50 +0000, S Viemeister
<firstname@lastname.oc.ku> wrote:

>On 07/01/2024 20:01, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44:00 -0000, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>>> In USA some people buy a family tree "proving" their
>>> descent from British Royalty.. and a Lord/Lady title.
>>
>> Maybe that's an idea for Trump. I like the sound of Lord Donald.
>>
>Wash your mouth out with soap.

lol

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<7VEmN.24356$6ePe.23589@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299111&group=rec.food.cooking#299111

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 16:42:27 -0500
 by: Ed P - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 21:42 UTC

On 1/7/2024 2:52 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:25:08 -0700, Graham <g.stereo@shaw.ca> wrote:

>>> Both Mary and Joseph were descendants of King David. Mary supplied
>>> the biological connection.
>>
>> If you believe one of the TWO distinct genealogies.
>>
> I understand that people can be religious. I also understand that
> people see religious value in the bible. But I can't understand that
> people take that book so literally.

Going to Catholic school, we never talked about the bible or read it in
school. They taught is the important stuff to know. All true, of
course since it is the only true religion.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<F2FmN.61127$JLvf.59671@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299112&group=rec.food.cooking#299112

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 21:52:37 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 21:52 UTC

On 2024-01-07, Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44:00 -0000, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <unels8$151pg$3@dont-email.me>,
>>Bruce@invalid.invalid says...
>>
>>> In Arab countries, you can buy a statement that "proves" that your
>>> family descends from the Prophet.
>>>

>> In USA some people buy a family tree "proving" their
>>descent from British Royalty.. and a Lord/Lady title.
>
> Maybe that's an idea for Trump. I like the sound of Lord Donald.

He'd prefer "King Donald".

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unf7a9$17l5d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299117&group=rec.food.cooking#299117

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 09:07:04 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 22:07 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 16:42:27 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 1/7/2024 2:52 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 12:25:08 -0700, Graham <g.stereo@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> If you believe one of the TWO distinct genealogies.
>>>
>> I understand that people can be religious. I also understand that
>> people see religious value in the bible. But I can't understand that
>> people take that book so literally.
>
>Going to Catholic school, we never talked about the bible or read it in
>school. They taught is the important stuff to know. All true, of
>course since it is the only true religion.

My father read the bible as a kid. He had questions about it and asked
the village priest. The priest said "Don't read that book. Just listen
to my sermons on Sundays." That was the end of religion for my father.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unf7bt$17l5d$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299118&group=rec.food.cooking#299118

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 09:07:56 +1100
 by: Bruce - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 22:07 UTC

On Sun, 07 Jan 2024 21:52:37 GMT, Cindy Hamilton
<hamilton@invalid.com> wrote:

>On 2024-01-07, Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:44:00 -0000, Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
>>
>>>In article <unels8$151pg$3@dont-email.me>,
>>>Bruce@invalid.invalid says...

>>> In USA some people buy a family tree "proving" their
>>>descent from British Royalty.. and a Lord/Lady title.
>>
>> Maybe that's an idea for Trump. I like the sound of Lord Donald.
>
>He'd prefer "King Donald".

I guess so :)

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<36896c34-f5ba-44b6-9034-80b24ee37acen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299139&group=rec.food.cooking#299139

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:40:46 -0800 (PST)
From: itsjoann...@webtv.net (itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net)
 by: itsjoannotjoann@webt - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 03:40 UTC

On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 1:26:28 PM UTC-6, Graham wrote:

> On 2024-01-07 10:18 a.m., itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 6:03:15 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe in men called David because I know so many of
> >> them. But even if they were all related to Joseph, Jesus
> >> obviously wasn't.
> >>
> >> Janet UK
> >>
> > Wrong.
> >
> Why? Joseph may have been his Dad but he was NOT his father.

As I said earlier in the day, both Joseph and Mary were of the house of David,
aka descendants.

Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day

<unfscd$1dtna$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=299143&group=rec.food.cooking#299143

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:06:37 +1100
References: <fbd76e31x62m$.dlg@sqwertz.com> <e66f5e7c-32e2-41b3-b0be-c9257c76edfen@googlegroups.com> <1871aipv9qq9u$.dlg@sqwertz.com> <kvu9ppFg7fuU1@mid.individual.net> <uncv0j$qh23$1@dont-email.me> <kvudtcFgtneU1@mid.individual.net> <MPG.4004a35c65b893fd989b7a@news.individual.net> <b90d1536-5296-43ff-9ca9-c0c620a6de7en@googlegroups.com> <yVCmN.110492$vFZa.69373@fx13.iad> <36896c34-f5ba-44b6-9034-80b24ee37acen@googlegroups.com>
 by: Bruce - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 04:06 UTC

On Sun, 7 Jan 2024 19:40:46 -0800 (PST), "itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net"
<itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net> wrote:

>On Sunday, January 7, 2024 at 1:26:28 PM UTC-6, Graham wrote:

>> > Wrong.
>> >
>> Why? Joseph may have been his Dad but he was NOT his father.
>>
>As I said earlier in the day, both Joseph and Mary were of the house of David,
>aka descendants.

Come on, this is such childish nonsense.

interests / rec.food.cooking / Re: Happy Feast of Epiphany Day