Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honour. -- Proverbs 18:12

interests / rec.food.cooking / Fajitas And Weed killers

SubjectAuthor
* Fajitas And Weed killersSqwertz
+* Re: Fajitas And Weed killersEd P
|+* Re: Fajitas And Weed killersBruce
||`* Re: Fajitas And Weed killersEd P
|| +- Re: Fajitas And Weed killersBruce
|| `- Re: Fajitas And Weed killersSqwertz
|`- Re: Fajitas And Weed killersSqwertz
+* Re: Fajitas And Weed killersD
|+* Happy Super Tuesday!Mike Duffy
||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!GM
||+* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!D
|||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!GM
|||`- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Ed P
||`* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Cindy Hamilton
|| +* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Bruce
|| |+* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Cindy Hamilton
|| |+* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|| |+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|| |+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|| |`- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|| `* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Alex
||  `- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Cindy Hamilton
|`* Happy Super Tuesday!Mike Duffy
| `* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Mike Duffy
|  +- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!GM
|  +* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Dave Smith
|  |+* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Ed P
|  ||+* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|  |||`* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Gary
|  ||| `- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Bruce
|  ||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Bruce
|  ||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Sqwertz
|  ||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|  ||+* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|  |||`- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!GM
|  ||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Bruce
|  ||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|  ||+- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Graham
|  ||`- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Cindy Hamilton
|  |`- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Sqwertz
|  `* Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Sqwertz
|   `- Re: Happy Super Tuesday!Bruce
`- Re: Fajitas And Weed killersAlex

Pages:123
Fajitas And Weed killers

<d1zs5n4q8kgk$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304247&group=rec.food.cooking#304247

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Subject: Fajitas And Weed killers
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 19:26:01 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 01:26 UTC

There's a herbicide war between me and my nosey fucking neighbors.
One neighbor is now complaining she cant eat her "organic" figs on
the tree she's been cultivating for 12 years while another
upstream is complaining she doesn't get any peaches. All because
some other neighbor just claimed I was using Glyphosphate
(Roundup).

I just argued with the most persistent neighbor today that it
*wasn't* glyphosphate. She was still adamant and I showed her the
gallon jug of 'Spectracide Grass and Weed Killer' and I looked at
the bottle really closely.... "It says the main ingredient is
Dihydrogen Monoxide"....

Her eyes crossed and if she'd had a dagger I'd be dead, "That's
even WORSE!!!! And that's what your spraying that's seeping into
my yard and eating my figs and killing all the fish!!!!".

I started snork-chuckling, but she stormed off saying she had to
go and sped off in her car (granted, I did confront her she was
already leaving).

Women <sigh>

Oh... uh... I was cooking fajitas on the grill outside at the
time. Beat this Faux Mexican Bryan!

https://i.postimg.cc/Prq5WChr/Fajitas-on-the-Grill.jpg

Using my $7/lb flap meat, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin... and I
love using the term "flap meat".

-sw

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<65e67b2c$0$2137423$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304248&group=rec.food.cooking#304248

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 20:53:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Fajitas And Weed killers
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 01:53 UTC

On 3/4/2024 8:26 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> There's a herbicide war between me and my nosey fucking neighbors.
> One neighbor is now complaining she cant eat her "organic" figs on
> the tree she's been cultivating for 12 years while another
> upstream is complaining she doesn't get any peaches. All because
> some other neighbor just claimed I was using Glyphosphate
> (Roundup).
>
> I just argued with the most persistent neighbor today that it
> *wasn't* glyphosphate. She was still adamant and I showed her the
> gallon jug of 'Spectracide Grass and Weed Killer' and I looked at
> the bottle really closely.... "It says the main ingredient is
> Dihydrogen Monoxide"....
>
> Her eyes crossed and if she'd had a dagger I'd be dead, "That's
> even WORSE!!!! And that's what your spraying that's seeping into
> my yard and eating my figs and killing all the fish!!!!".
>
> I started snork-chuckling, but she stormed off saying she had to
> go and sped off in her car (granted, I did confront her she was
> already leaving).
>
> Women <sigh>
>
> Oh... uh... I was cooking fajitas on the grill outside at the
> time. Beat this Faux Mexican Bryan!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Prq5WChr/Fajitas-on-the-Grill.jpg
>
> Using my $7/lb flap meat, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin... and I
> love using the term "flap meat".
>
> -sw

I can understand her fear. dihydrogen monoxide has killed people. Get
too much in your lungs and you are a goner.

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<us63h0$3j4h9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304251&group=rec.food.cooking#304251

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 14:28:31 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 03:28 UTC

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 20:53:48 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 3/4/2024 8:26 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> There's a herbicide war between me and my nosey fucking neighbors.
>> One neighbor is now complaining she cant eat her "organic" figs on
>> the tree she's been cultivating for 12 years while another
>> upstream is complaining she doesn't get any peaches. All because
>> some other neighbor just claimed I was using Glyphosphate
>> (Roundup).
>>
>> I just argued with the most persistent neighbor today that it
>> *wasn't* glyphosphate. She was still adamant and I showed her the
>> gallon jug of 'Spectracide Grass and Weed Killer' and I looked at
>> the bottle really closely.... "It says the main ingredient is
>> Dihydrogen Monoxide"....
>>
>> Her eyes crossed and if she'd had a dagger I'd be dead, "That's
>> even WORSE!!!! And that's what your spraying that's seeping into
>> my yard and eating my figs and killing all the fish!!!!".
>>
>> I started snork-chuckling, but she stormed off saying she had to
>> go and sped off in her car (granted, I did confront her she was
>> already leaving).
>>
>> Women <sigh>
>>
>> Oh... uh... I was cooking fajitas on the grill outside at the
>> time. Beat this Faux Mexican Bryan!
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Prq5WChr/Fajitas-on-the-Grill.jpg
>>
>> Using my $7/lb flap meat, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin... and I
>> love using the term "flap meat".
>>
>> -sw
>>
>I can understand her fear. dihydrogen monoxide has killed people. Get
>too much in your lungs and you are a goner.

If we're talking about little suburban yards, I also wouldn't like to
have a neighbour who throws pesticides around like a manic depressive.
(The main ingredient in a bottle of whiskey is also water. It can
still get you pretty drunk.)

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<65e69786$0$2137428$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304252&group=rec.food.cooking#304252

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 22:54:46 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 03:54 UTC

On 3/4/2024 10:28 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 20:53:48 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:
>
>> On 3/4/2024 8:26 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> There's a herbicide war between me and my nosey fucking neighbors.
>>> One neighbor is now complaining she cant eat her "organic" figs on
>>> the tree she's been cultivating for 12 years while another
>>> upstream is complaining she doesn't get any peaches. All because
>>> some other neighbor just claimed I was using Glyphosphate
>>> (Roundup).
>>>
>>> I just argued with the most persistent neighbor today that it
>>> *wasn't* glyphosphate. She was still adamant and I showed her the
>>> gallon jug of 'Spectracide Grass and Weed Killer' and I looked at
>>> the bottle really closely.... "It says the main ingredient is
>>> Dihydrogen Monoxide"....
>>>
>>> Her eyes crossed and if she'd had a dagger I'd be dead, "That's
>>> even WORSE!!!! And that's what your spraying that's seeping into
>>> my yard and eating my figs and killing all the fish!!!!".
>>>
>>> I started snork-chuckling, but she stormed off saying she had to
>>> go and sped off in her car (granted, I did confront her she was
>>> already leaving).
>>>
>>> Women <sigh>
>>>
>>> Oh... uh... I was cooking fajitas on the grill outside at the
>>> time. Beat this Faux Mexican Bryan!
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/Prq5WChr/Fajitas-on-the-Grill.jpg
>>>
>>> Using my $7/lb flap meat, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin... and I
>>> love using the term "flap meat".
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>
>> I can understand her fear. dihydrogen monoxide has killed people. Get
>> too much in your lungs and you are a goner.
>
> If we're talking about little suburban yards, I also wouldn't like to
> have a neighbour who throws pesticides around like a manic depressive.
> (The main ingredient in a bottle of whiskey is also water. It can
> still get you pretty drunk.)

Yes, if that is the case but. . . they made a false accusation as to
what was used. Sometimes neighbors don't care about facts.

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<us65a8$3jc70$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304253&group=rec.food.cooking#304253

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 14:59:02 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 03:59 UTC

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 22:54:46 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 3/4/2024 10:28 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> I can understand her fear. dihydrogen monoxide has killed people. Get
>>> too much in your lungs and you are a goner.
>>
>> If we're talking about little suburban yards, I also wouldn't like to
>> have a neighbour who throws pesticides around like a manic depressive.
>> (The main ingredient in a bottle of whiskey is also water. It can
>> still get you pretty drunk.)
>

>Yes, if that is the case but. . . they made a false accusation as to
>what was used. Sometimes neighbors don't care about facts.

"This product is a non-selective herbicide that will kill any
vegetation contacted."
<https://www.spectracide.com/products/weed-and-grass-killers/weed-grass-killers/spectracide-weed-grass-killer-concentrate2.aspx>

So it needs to be used responsibly, if at all, and I guess they know
their neighbour...

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<oj8yaz85ig6q$.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304254&group=rec.food.cooking#304254

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 23:56:40 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 05:56 UTC

> I can understand her fear. dihydrogen monoxide has killed people. Get
> too much in your lungs and you are a goner.

62% of us will die from dihydrogen monoxide. There is ab
absolutely no cure.

-sw

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<ed62b697-b687-a964-dc1c-487dd14efa94@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304256&group=rec.food.cooking#304256

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 10:17:46 +0100
 by: D - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 09:17 UTC

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024, Sqwertz wrote:

> There's a herbicide war between me and my nosey fucking neighbors.
> One neighbor is now complaining she cant eat her "organic" figs on
> the tree she's been cultivating for 12 years while another
> upstream is complaining she doesn't get any peaches. All because
> some other neighbor just claimed I was using Glyphosphate
> (Roundup).
>
> I just argued with the most persistent neighbor today that it
> *wasn't* glyphosphate. She was still adamant and I showed her the
> gallon jug of 'Spectracide Grass and Weed Killer' and I looked at
> the bottle really closely.... "It says the main ingredient is
> Dihydrogen Monoxide"....
>
> Her eyes crossed and if she'd had a dagger I'd be dead, "That's
> even WORSE!!!! And that's what your spraying that's seeping into
> my yard and eating my figs and killing all the fish!!!!".
>
> I started snork-chuckling, but she stormed off saying she had to
> go and sped off in her car (granted, I did confront her she was
> already leaving).
>
> Women <sigh>
>
> Oh... uh... I was cooking fajitas on the grill outside at the
> time. Beat this Faux Mexican Bryan!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Prq5WChr/Fajitas-on-the-Grill.jpg
>
> Using my $7/lb flap meat, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin... and I
> love using the term "flap meat".
>
> -sw

I think you should solve this the american way either in court or in a
duel! ;)

Fajitas look good! =) I would easily change my lunch of oatmeal for it!

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<1207tou0cgn9o.dlg@sqwertz.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304259&group=rec.food.cooking#304259

From: sqwert...@gmail.compost (Sqwertz)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 04:45:30 -0600
 by: Sqwertz - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 10:45 UTC

On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 22:54:46 -0500, Ed P wrote:

> On 3/4/2024 10:28 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> I can understand her fear. dihydrogen monoxide has killed people. Get
>>> too much in your lungs and you are a goner.
>>
>> If we're talking about little suburban yards, I also wouldn't like to
>> have a neighbour who throws pesticides around like a manic depressive.
>> (The main ingredient in a bottle of whiskey is also water. It can
>> still get you pretty drunk.)
>
> Yes, if that is the case but. . . they made a false accusation as to
> what was used. Sometimes neighbors don't care about facts.

The neighbor that started all this as I was sqwerting the
weeds between the concrete slabs of the driveway asked me,
"Is that ROOOOUND-Up!?". I said it was, "Giddy up!" and I
made motions of slapping the weed wand kinda against my back
side (he's very gay). And he just rolled his eyes and
wandered away. We have several conversations like this
practically daily if I'm out doing stuff - always in my
yard/driveway/garage but never across on his side of the
street (you get the drift here? <yawn>)

And that's how it all started... unbeknownst to me until
about 20 hours later when it started festering.

-sw

Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e72f44$0$876048$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304263&group=rec.food.cooking#304263

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Subject: Happy Super Tuesday!
Date: 05 Mar 2024 14:42:12 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:42 UTC

On 2024-03-05, D wrote:

> I think you should solve this the american way

To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!

Vote early and vote often.

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<b0061a7fbbef5dc4ccf45dd474e628e7@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304264&group=rec.food.cooking#304264

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Happy Super Tuesday!
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:02:47 +0000
 by: GM - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:02 UTC

Mike Duffy wrote:

> On 2024-03-05, D wrote:

>> I think you should solve this the american way

> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!

> Vote early and vote often.

Thank you, Mike...!!!

"Vote early and vote often AND vote GOP...!!!"

;-D

--
GM

Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e73077$0$4653$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304265&group=rec.food.cooking#304265

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Date: 05 Mar 2024 14:47:19 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 14:47 UTC

On 2024-03-05, D wrote:

> I think you should solve this the american way

And that reminds me:

Happy 'Super Tuesday' to all my USA friends!

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<1c2264b7-139b-bf7e-8603-5e04c3f35e70@example.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304266&group=rec.food.cooking#304266

From: nos...@example.net (D)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 16:40:46 +0100
 by: D - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:40 UTC

On Tue, 5 Mar 2024, Mike Duffy wrote:

> On 2024-03-05, D wrote:
>
>> I think you should solve this the american way
>
> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!
>
> Vote early and vote often.

And... vote right? ;)

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e73741$0$2077923$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304267&group=rec.food.cooking#304267

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: mxdu...@bell.net (Mike Duffy)
Date: 05 Mar 2024 15:16:17 GMT
 by: Mike Duffy - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:16 UTC

On 2024-03-05, Mike Duffy wrote:

> Happy 'Super Tuesday' to all my USA friends!

Re the double post: I checked a few minutes later and it did
not show up, so I re-posted. Usually, my posts show up for
myself in a few seconds.

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<43bc5806148a0201bf0f5fba88504037@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304268&group=rec.food.cooking#304268

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:56:38 +0000
 by: GM - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:56 UTC

Mike Duffy wrote:

> On 2024-03-05, Mike Duffy wrote:

>> Happy 'Super Tuesday' to all my USA friends!

> Re the double post: I checked a few minutes later and it did
> not show up, so I re-posted. Usually, my posts show up for
> myself in a few seconds.

God forgives you, and so do we in rfc...

:-D

--
GM

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<67da6dcba473d8586d40ea8f038ad437@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304269&group=rec.food.cooking#304269

From: gregorym...@msn.com (GM)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:55:39 +0000
 by: GM - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:55 UTC

D wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2024, Mike Duffy wrote:

>> On 2024-03-05, D wrote:
>>
>>> I think you should solve this the american way
>>
>> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!
>>
>> Vote early and vote often.
>>

> And... vote right? ;)

Yes... EXACTLY...!!!

;-D

--
GM

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<9wHFN.343968$yEgf.255769@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304270&group=rec.food.cooking#304270

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: adavid.s...@sympatico.ca (Dave Smith)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 11:12:53 -0500
 by: Dave Smith - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 16:12 UTC

On 2024-03-05 10:16 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
> On 2024-03-05, Mike Duffy wrote:
>
>> Happy 'Super Tuesday' to all my USA friends!
>
> Re the double post: I checked a few minutes later and it did
> not show up, so I re-posted. Usually, my posts show up for
> myself in a few seconds.

It could be worse. Thunderbird gets a little stubborn here. I often
send things out and find out later that they never turned up here. I
have to go to my sent folder to find them and then cut and paste to
another reply. Curiously, it doesn't happen if I have recently uploaded
or downloaded new mail.

It's annoying because I have been using Thunderbird for years. Over that
time they have upgraded many times. I don't recall ever noting anything
good in the alleged upgrades. On the contrary, it usually ends up
screwing up something that had been working fine.

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e74a37$0$2077938$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304273&group=rec.food.cooking#304273

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 05 Mar 2024 16:37:11 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 16:37 UTC

On 2024-03-05, Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net> wrote:
> On 2024-03-05, D wrote:
>
>> I think you should solve this the american way
>
> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!
>
> Vote early and vote often.

The primary in which I voted was February 27. But thanks. My
protest vote for Nikki Haley was symbolic, at best.

--
Cindy Hamilton

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<us7vu3$3usml$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304274&group=rec.food.cooking#304274

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 07:39:29 +1100
 by: Bruce - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 20:39 UTC

On 05 Mar 2024 16:37:11 GMT, Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On 2024-03-05, Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net> wrote:
>> On 2024-03-05, D wrote:
>>
>>> I think you should solve this the american way
>>
>> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!
>>
>> Vote early and vote often.
>
>The primary in which I voted was February 27. But thanks. My
>protest vote for Nikki Haley was symbolic, at best.

I wonder how many Republicans will have the brains or the decency not
to vote for Trump. And if that number (10-15%, for instance) will make
the difference. Or will the Zombie Invasion be complete?

Re: Fajitas And Weed killers

<2pmcnfJhw521LHr4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304291&group=rec.food.cooking#304291

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 18:56:23 -0500
 by: Alex - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 23:56 UTC

Sqwertz wrote:
> There's a herbicide war between me and my nosey fucking neighbors.
> One neighbor is now complaining she cant eat her "organic" figs on
> the tree she's been cultivating for 12 years while another
> upstream is complaining she doesn't get any peaches. All because
> some other neighbor just claimed I was using Glyphosphate
> (Roundup).
>
> I just argued with the most persistent neighbor today that it
> *wasn't* glyphosphate. She was still adamant and I showed her the
> gallon jug of 'Spectracide Grass and Weed Killer' and I looked at
> the bottle really closely.... "It says the main ingredient is
> Dihydrogen Monoxide"....
>
> Her eyes crossed and if she'd had a dagger I'd be dead, "That's
> even WORSE!!!! And that's what your spraying that's seeping into
> my yard and eating my figs and killing all the fish!!!!".
>
> I started snork-chuckling, but she stormed off saying she had to
> go and sped off in her car (granted, I did confront her she was
> already leaving).
>
> Women <sigh>
>
> Oh... uh... I was cooking fajitas on the grill outside at the
> time. Beat this Faux Mexican Bryan!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Prq5WChr/Fajitas-on-the-Grill.jpg
>
> Using my $7/lb flap meat, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin... and I
> love using the term "flap meat".
>
> -sw

I use a homebrew of three herbicides on the 600 foot driveway on my
place up north.  It's shell rock and the weeds find a way to grow in
it.  I bought a 30 gallon sprayer to tow behind my Ranger (Polaris, not
Ford) and I get results overnight.  They are completely dead in a few
days.  I also spray that on the narrow trails where the tractor can't
mow.  If I don't the UTV exhaust can start the grass on fire.

I've never seen flap meat.  We use skirt steak or flat iron.  It's
probably all the same with different names by store/region.

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<2pmcnexhw53JL3r4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304293&group=rec.food.cooking#304293

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Xela...@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 19:01:24 -0500
 by: Alex - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 00:01 UTC

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2024-03-05, Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net> wrote:
>> On 2024-03-05, D wrote:
>>
>>> I think you should solve this the american way
>> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!
>>
>> Vote early and vote often.
> The primary in which I voted was February 27. But thanks. My
> protest vote for Nikki Haley was symbolic, at best.

EVERY appearance she has if the same speech.  I'll give it to her for
going on SNL!

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e75160$0$2137427$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304294&group=rec.food.cooking#304294

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:07:44 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 17:07 UTC

On 3/5/2024 11:12 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2024-03-05 10:16 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
>> On 2024-03-05, Mike Duffy wrote:
>>
>>> Happy 'Super Tuesday' to all my USA friends!
>>
>> Re the double post: I checked a few minutes later and it did
>> not show up, so I re-posted. Usually, my posts show up for
>> myself in a few seconds.
>>
>  It could be worse. Thunderbird gets a little stubborn here. I often
> send things out and find out later that they never turned up here. I
> have to go to my sent folder to find them and then cut and paste to
> another reply.  Curiously, it doesn't happen if I have recently uploaded
> or downloaded new mail.
>
> It's annoying because I have been using Thunderbird for years. Over that
> time they have upgraded many times. I don't recall ever noting anything
> good in the alleged upgrades. On the contrary, it usually ends up
> screwing up something that had been working fine.

The past few days have been terrible. Not sure if it is blocknews or
T-bird but nothing was showing up Saturday and Sunday. On my other
computer it is not connecting as all. I even deleted and re-installed,
no change.

I wanted to try eternal-september but that did not work either.

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e75191$0$2137428$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304296&group=rec.food.cooking#304296

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:08:33 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 17:08 UTC

On 3/5/2024 10:40 AM, D wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2024, Mike Duffy wrote:
>
>> On 2024-03-05, D wrote:
>>
>>> I think you should solve this the american way
>>
>> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!
>>
>> Vote early and vote often.
>>

> And... vote right? ;)

I voted twice so far today. Will do it again this afternoon.

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e7dc4c$0$2350517$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304302&group=rec.food.cooking#304302

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 20:00:28 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: g.ste...@shaw.ca (Graham)
 by: Graham - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 03:00 UTC

On 2024-03-05 10:07 a.m., Ed P wrote:
> On 3/5/2024 11:12 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Re the double post: I checked a few minutes later and it did
>>> not show up, so I re-posted. Usually, my posts show up for
>>> myself in a few seconds.
>>>
>>   It could be worse. Thunderbird gets a little stubborn here. I often
>> send things out and find out later that they never turned up here. I
>> have to go to my sent folder to find them and then cut and paste to
>> another reply.  Curiously, it doesn't happen if I have recently
>> uploaded or downloaded new mail.
>>
>> It's annoying because I have been using Thunderbird for years. Over
>> that time they have upgraded many times. I don't recall ever noting
>> anything good in the alleged upgrades. On the contrary, it usually
>> ends up screwing up something that had been working fine.
>>

> The past few days have been terrible.  Not sure if it is blocknews or
> T-bird but nothing was showing up Saturday and Sunday.  On my other
> computer it is not connecting as all.  I even deleted and re-installed,
> no change.
>
> I wanted to try eternal-september but that did not work either.
Same here with Blocknews

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<us8o8m$6q5q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304304&group=rec.food.cooking#304304

From: Bru...@invalid.invalid (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 14:34:46 +1100
 by: Bruce - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 03:34 UTC

On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:07:44 -0500, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 3/5/2024 11:12 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Re the double post: I checked a few minutes later and it did
>>> not show up, so I re-posted. Usually, my posts show up for
>>> myself in a few seconds.
>>>
>>  It could be worse. Thunderbird gets a little stubborn here. I often
>> send things out and find out later that they never turned up here. I
>> have to go to my sent folder to find them and then cut and paste to
>> another reply.  Curiously, it doesn't happen if I have recently uploaded
>> or downloaded new mail.
>>
>> It's annoying because I have been using Thunderbird for years. Over that
>> time they have upgraded many times. I don't recall ever noting anything
>> good in the alleged upgrades. On the contrary, it usually ends up
>> screwing up something that had been working fine.
>>

>The past few days have been terrible. Not sure if it is blocknews or
>T-bird but nothing was showing up Saturday and Sunday. On my other
>computer it is not connecting as all. I even deleted and re-installed,
>no change.
>
>I wanted to try eternal-september but that did not work either.

Maybe your Internet provider's a bit shaky at the moment.

Re: Happy Super Tuesday!

<65e7946e$0$2187654$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=304313&group=rec.food.cooking#304313

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: hamil...@invalid.com (Cindy Hamilton)
Date: 05 Mar 2024 21:53:50 GMT
 by: Cindy Hamilton - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 21:53 UTC

On 2024-03-05, Bruce <Bruce@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 05 Mar 2024 16:37:11 GMT, Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com>
> wrote:

>>> To all my USA friends, Happy Super Tuesday!
>>>
>>> Vote early and vote often.
>>
>>The primary in which I voted was February 27. But thanks. My
>>protest vote for Nikki Haley was symbolic, at best.
>
> I wonder how many Republicans will have the brains or the decency not
> to vote for Trump.

Not enough.

> And if that number (10-15%, for instance) will make
> the difference.

No, it won't. Most state primaries are "winner take all". Even
if Haley got 49% of the votes, all of the delegates to the GOP
convention would go for Trump. A handful of states pledge their
delegates in proportion to the number of votes received in the
primary, but not enough to matter.

> Or will the Zombie Invasion be complete?

It already is.

--
Cindy Hamilton