For an idea to be fashionable is ominous, since it must afterwards be always old-fashioned.

interests / alt.dreams.castaneda / for the abstract

SubjectAuthor
* for the abstractJeremy H. Donovan
+* Re: for the abstractslider
|`* Re: for the abstractJeremy H. Donovan
| +* Re: for the abstractslider
| |`* Re: for the abstractHe Who Sees All
| | `* Re: for the abstractslider
| |  `* Re: for the abstractHe Who Sees All
| |   `* Re: for the abstractslider
| |    `* Re: for the abstractHe Who Sees All
| |     `- Re: for the abstractslider
| `- Re: for the abstractHe Who Sees All
`- Re: for the abstractHe Who Sees All

1
for the abstract

<faad0182-d9a2-45fc-8f5a-ba2405289477n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3575&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3575

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:11:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: for the abstract
From: jeremyhd...@gmail.com (Jeremy H. Donovan)
 by: Jeremy H. Donovan - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:11 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyux-sEdlbg

I hear the drizzle of the rain
It's falling from my window
And in the corners of my mind
I hope that I'll get to see you again

I hear the colors in the flowers
Just like the candle snuffed at dawn
You're here, you're near, you're there
and then you're gone

Suffering in sinking sand
All the hurt
See, I'm really lost, baby
We suffered a rare, rare blue
So much hurt
On this earth
But you loved me
And I really dared to love you, too
Perhaps what I mean to say is
Is that it's amazing that your love was mine

Oh, Maker, tell me did you know
This love would burn so yellow?
Becoming orange and, in its time
Explode from grey to black then bloody wine

Oh, Maker, have you ever loved
Or known just what it was?
I can't imagine the bitter end
Of all the beauty that we're living in

Suffering in sinking sand
All the hurt
See, I'm really lost, baby
We suffered a rare, rare blue
So much hurt
On this earth
But you loved me
And I really dared to love you, too
Perhaps what I mean to say is
Is that it's amazing that your love was mine

Lost inside a lonely world where lovers pay the price
Barely get the sound of music to love and go dance to
Now it's time for us to go and no one ever has to know
Your love's in my pocket and your eyes, eyes are in my...
Eyes in my soul, no one will know it but me

..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPmuuo7G0l0

Inflation. Of a need, a life, a cosmos?

..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRs1GES7LcM

An epic journey.* Final thanks to all who came along.
..
..
..

Great Circus

The dirty canvas is arriving
The great human circus
With the clown's hunger
And the crazy ballerina
Let's celebrate
The rib that will break
On the trapeze is nonsense
The little misery

Right in the middle of this arena
it's going to happen -
death, glory
and surprises at the end
Silver and moon. bread and circus
a smile will be drawn
In the bitterness of this party -
along with this party

Up and down the mountain
The great human circus
On your back, on your thin shoulder
carrying, silver and moonlight
The mystery that will show itself
On the balance wire, on the rising sun
Dream awaits the great human circus -
a broken heart, a human circus
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

* "Gran Circo," by Milton Nascimento, delves into the themes of the human condition, poverty, and the allure of entertainment in the face of struggle. The song paints a vivid picture of a circus, both literal and metaphorical, showcasing the various characters and emotions within.

The opening lines describe the arrival of a worn-out circus, symbolizing the hardships and struggles of humanity. The "palhaço" (clown) embodies the hunger and desperation often hidden behind a mask of laughter, while the "bailarina louca" (crazy ballerina) represents a sense of chaos and unpredictability. Despite these challenges, there is a call to celebrate and embrace the impending spectacle.

The chorus highlights the significance of "Pão e circo" (bread and circus), a phrase derived from ancient Rome, which suggests that people can be distracted and pacified through entertainment and material benefits, even in the midst of suffering. The combination of "prata e lua" (silver and moon) implies the allure and glamour associated with the circus, creating a momentary escape from the bitter realities of life.

The lyrics speak of the circus as a platform for intense emotions and experiences, with the promise of both glory and death. The line "Coração partido circo humano" (A broken heart, a human circus) conveys the idea that the circus is a microcosm of human existence, filled with both joy and sorrow.

Furthermore, the references to the trapeze and tight-rope walking symbolize the fragile balance between success and failure, and the precariousness of life itself. The "sonho" (dream) that waits for the human circus suggests that hope and aspirations endure even in the face of adversity.

"Gran Circo" ultimately reflects on the complex relationship between entertainment, poverty, and the spirit. It reminds us that even amidst hardship, there is a desire for escape, celebration, and the fleeting moments of joy found within the grand spectacle of life.

This meaning interpretation was written by AI.

LOL. A little lost in translation?

Adios adc

..

Re: for the abstract

<op.2jiddd1d7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3576&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3576

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: for the abstract
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:18:39 -0000
 by: slider - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:18 UTC

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:11:03 -0000, Jeremy H. Donovan
<jeremyhdonovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> partido circo humano" (A broken heart, a human circus) conveys the idea
> that the circus is a microcosm of human existence, filled with both joy
> and sorrow.
>
> Furthermore, the references to the trapeze and tight-rope walking
> symbolize the fragile balance between success and failure, and the
> precariousness of life itself. The "sonho" (dream) that waits for the
> human circus suggests that hope and aspirations endure even in the face
> of adversity.
>
> "Gran Circo" ultimately reflects on the complex relationship between
> entertainment, poverty, and the spirit. It reminds us that even amidst
> hardship, there is a desire for escape, celebration, and the fleeting
> moments of joy found within the grand spectacle of life.
>
> This meaning interpretation was written by AI.

### - how odd, both you & crsds drop farewell notices on the same day??

his post only showing up on google so am unable to reply directly...

the answers are, however, the same in both instances:

"you can check-out any time ya like
but you(s) can never leave" ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8

"head out on the highway..."

Re: for the abstract

<4e22bd48-bfea-4551-8b57-5839d9c9dd76n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3577&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3577

Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 23:11:12 -0800 (PST)
From: jeremyhd...@gmail.com (Jeremy H. Donovan)
 by: Jeremy H. Donovan - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:11 UTC

On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 12:18:46 PM UTC-8, slider wrote:
> [...]
> > symbolize the fragile balance between success and failure, and the
> > precariousness of life itself. The "sonho" (dream) that waits for the
> > human circus suggests that hope and aspirations endure even in the face
> > of adversity.
> >
> > "Gran Circo" ultimately reflects on the complex relationship between
> > entertainment, poverty, and the spirit. It reminds us that even amidst
> > hardship, there is a desire for escape, celebration, and the fleeting
> > moments of joy found within the grand spectacle of life.
> >
> > This meaning interpretation was written by AI.
> >
> > LOL. A little lost in translation?
> >
> > Adios adc
> ### - how odd, both you & crsds drop farewell notices on the same day??
>
> his post only showing up on google so am unable to reply directly...
>
> the answers are, however, the same in both instances:

I had wondered if anyone would respond.
I'm not sure when they're cutting off posting,
except that it was announced as "February 22".
(Why Chris and I said bye on the same day.)

Of course you're still the WILD guy.
And I do like that Steppenwolf song!
Yet it's not quite my favorite.
Since I'm still the DILD guy. :)

In 1969, I was attending junior high school, and after school
I often went to a local pizza joint run by a real Italian family.
I'd go in by myself and order the cheapest thing they had -
a small cheese pizza - and I'd sit in the very back, smoking,
but before the pizza was ready, I'd go over to the jukebox,
put in a dime, and play my favorite - this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPE9a_epmWw

What feels weird is how I must have done that, I don't know,
like 15 times or more, and yet now I can't ever do it again.
Unless at the fourth gate of dreaming I was to dream
that same little Italian pizza joint and jukebox. LOL.
I'm pretty sure I won't ever do that either.

So maybe we can't leave, Slider,
but we can't come back either.

"I like to dream..."
..

I think I still have time to type some more, so I'm going to tell
one more story - a story I only learned the ending to... today.

For many years, I had been proud of the fact that I had never in
my entire life been sued by anyone, nor had I ever sued another.
Even my divorce in 1995 was fully uncontested, for I had once
worked in a quickie divorce office where you can get paperwork
done for $68 plus a $35 filing fee, and that's just how we did it.
No lawyers, full amicable agreement on all terms. Cost: $103.

Anyway, I had long been proud of having never been sued.

Then last year, an 'atmospheric river' storm came through LA,
with a great deal of rain and high winds, and it blew over one of
our huge beautiful old trees, and the tree fell on the fence between
our house and a neighbor's house, also barely grazing part of our
neighbor's roof. We don't actually own the property we live on,
so we contacted the management company and put in a ticket in
to have the tree removed and the fence repaired. The same storm
even blew over the little picket fence around our immediate yard,
and our company agreed to rebuild that fence for us as well.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: for the abstract

<op.2jjj9zrr7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3578&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3578

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:45:25 -0000
 by: slider - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:45 UTC

Jeremy wrote...

>> > Adios adc

>> ### - how odd, both you & crsds drop farewell notices on the same day??
>>
>> his post only showing up on google so am unable to reply directly...
>>
>> the answers are, however, the same in both instances:
>>
>> "you can check-out any time ya like
>> but you(s) can never leave" ;)
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8
>>
>> "head out on the highway..."
>
> I had wondered if anyone would respond.
> I'm not sure when they're cutting off posting,
> except that it was announced as "February 22".
> (Why Chris and I said bye on the same day.)
>
> Of course you're still the WILD guy.
> And I do like that Steppenwolf song!
> Yet it's not quite my favorite.
> Since I'm still the DILD guy. :)

### - didn't you 'ever' try it? peeps is raving about it if the feedback's
anything to go by...

https://www.thewildway.com/files/reviews.htm

even chriso finally cracked it and he's as indolent as shit lol, as you'll
see on there

> In 1969, I was attending junior high school, and after school
> I often went to a local pizza joint run by a real Italian family.
> I'd go in by myself and order the cheapest thing they had -
> a small cheese pizza - and I'd sit in the very back, smoking,
> but before the pizza was ready, I'd go over to the jukebox,
> put in a dime, and play my favorite - this song:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPE9a_epmWw
>
> What feels weird is how I must have done that, I don't know,
> like 15 times or more, and yet now I can't ever do it again.
> Unless at the fourth gate of dreaming I was to dream
> that same little Italian pizza joint and jukebox. LOL.
> I'm pretty sure I won't ever do that either.

### - via a wild you 'could' actually call-up that whole pizza scene
exactly as it then was, people, jukebox and all, and actually revisit it
again, even old dreams can be re-called/revisited this way, not that you'd
prolly want to, am just sayin', and no 4th gate required :)

> So maybe we can't leave, Slider,
> but we can't come back either.

### - and am tellin' ya nada's actually changed except access via google :)

> [...]
> while I came down and got the mail, I guess so he'd know I got
> the little letters he was sending? He had gone to the trouble of
> having some of them drawn up by a lawyer that was his friend.
> My partner called this lawyer and tried to talk sense into him,
> but no dice. He insisted that unless we paid we'd all go to court.
>
> Meanwhile, our management company, which fully repaired the
> fence between us, and fully cleaned up all the trees bordering
> our properties, also submitted the guy's roof bill to their insurance.
> But their insurance said they would not pay for our neighbor's roof
> because the tree falling was 'an act of God' and THEIR insurance
> should cover that part of it. Of course that made jerkyboy furious.
>
> The thing hung in the wind for months, and then the guy started
> trying to have us served to appear in court. Our place is kind of
> insular so they never succeeded in serving anyone here, but there
> had been a court date set. Our management company tried to
> get the court to drop the case, but couldn't do it and so eventually
> we all had to go to court, a lady from our management company,
> and both of us. But when we got there we found that the guy
> had at the last minute requested a postponement for a month.
> So we all went to the courthouse for nothing, and the thing
> was held over our heads for yet another month.
>
> We finally went to small claims court and made our arguments.
> The guy ranted and raved in a highly speculative way about how
> we supposedly hadn't cared for the trees properly, but our company
> had records of every time they'd trimmed the big trees, and my
> partner had a record of all the texts showing how cooperative
> she'd been and what a dick he'd been. (He had addressed me
> in his attempts to collect by a name that isn't even my real name,
> which was really a joke name my partner had put on a magazine
> subscription, which proved that he got my name by going through
> our mailbox, which is illegal.) And we submitted evidence proving
> the tree fell the very day of the big LA atmospheric river storm.
> It turned out he'd sued our company using the wrong name too.
>
> But only today did we finally hear the verdict of the silly case.
> It was ruled that our jerky neighbor gets... nothing. So this dude
> had sweat this dumb thing for a solid year, paid to file the case,
> paid money to try to have us served three times, and before she
> cut him off had ranted and raved rudely in texts to my partner.
> I had simply ignored him completely the whole time. We had
> never spoken a word in all the years we'd been neighbors.
> Still haven't, and probably never will. Knock on wood.
>
> But he broke the 'record' I was so proud of, dammit.
> I got sued because a tree in my yard fell down.
> Pride went before a fall, I'd have to observe.
> It's amazing the useless things people do that
> go on and on forever. Remind you of anything? :)
>
> Well, this is the last useless thing I'll ever do here.

### - well maybe 'that' will teach ya to go around being/feeling 'proud'
about stuff huh, but not all is lost there, his case didn't succeed and
was thrown out, your record remaining unblemished (it bounced-off, cool,
you're a teflon-don already)

and coz it's only google that's stopping people posting to groups from the
22nd, the newsgroups themselves will still all be here after today,
including adc...

so now don't you (and mr chips both) perhaps feel a little silly?

remind you of anything?? (really laffing haha, things haven't changed)

meaning: all ya's need would be some sorta free mail/news-reader client
instead of coming through google...

e.g., borrowed this next passage from alt-magick just now rather than type
it all out:

"It is only the Google Groups portal to this newsgroup that
is getting shut down, which will mean less spam. You
can still access this newsgroup via a newsreader such
as Agent on Windows, Hogwasher on Mac, Pan on Linux,
or the free Thunderbird (even if you don’t also use it for
email) on all three, accessing a free newsserver such
as Eternal September or Solani, or, if you want binary
access, a paid newsserver such as Giganews."

***

e.g., 'Eternal september' is what have been personally using as a
newsserver (only requires a genuine email address which isn't revealed
when posting, and a minimum usage of say once per month to remain active)
and a free 'Opera Mail' as a news-client, although i also have a free
'Thunderbird Mail client' too as backup...

Click here to read the complete article
Re: for the abstract

<ed9tti1b2notubd8jqojos4i5oujnkbi7j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3579&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3579

From: theBe...@cairo.ankh.io (He Who Sees All)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 11:22:40 +0800
 by: He Who Sees All - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 03:22 UTC

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:11:03 -0800 (PST), "Jeremy H. Donovan"
<jeremyhdonovan@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyux-sEdlbg
>
>I hear the drizzle of the rain
>It's falling from my window
>And in the corners of my mind
>I hope that I'll get to see you again
>
>I hear the colors in the flowers
>Just like the candle snuffed at dawn
>You're here, you're near, you're there
>and then you're gone
>
>Suffering in sinking sand
>All the hurt
>See, I'm really lost, baby
>We suffered a rare, rare blue
>So much hurt
>On this earth
>But you loved me
>And I really dared to love you, too
>Perhaps what I mean to say is
>Is that it's amazing that your love was mine
>
>Oh, Maker, tell me did you know
>This love would burn so yellow?
>Becoming orange and, in its time
>Explode from grey to black then bloody wine
>
>Oh, Maker, have you ever loved
>Or known just what it was?
>I can't imagine the bitter end
>Of all the beauty that we're living in
>
>Suffering in sinking sand
>All the hurt
>See, I'm really lost, baby
>We suffered a rare, rare blue
>So much hurt
>On this earth
>But you loved me
>And I really dared to love you, too
>Perhaps what I mean to say is
>Is that it's amazing that your love was mine
>
>Lost inside a lonely world where lovers pay the price
>Barely get the sound of music to love and go dance to
>Now it's time for us to go and no one ever has to know
>Your love's in my pocket and your eyes, eyes are in my...
>Eyes in my soul, no one will know it but me
>
>.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPmuuo7G0l0
>
>Inflation. Of a need, a life, a cosmos?
>
>.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRs1GES7LcM
>
>An epic journey.* Final thanks to all who came along.

Sounds like the last hurrah of a miserable old sod who's tired of
life...

So much for the supposedly resilient guy years ago who compared Slider
& myself to wrestling with pigs in the mud.

Best way to stay young(ish), satisfied with life & all it brings? Stay
fucking ANGRY. It's great for the muscles, complexion, neurons and so
on...and keep on irritating people, most of our stinking species
deserves irritation to break them out of their consumerist artificial
happy zones.

FTW. Look it up.

> [...]
>
>Furthermore, the references to the trapeze and tight-rope walking symbolize the fragile balance between success and failure, and the precariousness of life itself. The "sonho" (dream) that waits for the human circus suggests that hope and aspirations endure even in the face of adversity.
>
>"Gran Circo" ultimately reflects on the complex relationship between entertainment, poverty, and the spirit. It reminds us that even amidst hardship, there is a desire for escape, celebration, and the fleeting moments of joy found within the grand spectacle of life.
>
>This meaning interpretation was written by AI.

And good riddance to you, too. Along with that other decrepit drongo
who insulted your ex-wife, insulted you and drank too much (again) and
fucked you off, never to reappear.

Except here you are, sulking because Google broke its word with
respect to GoogleGroups. Which, I might say, was a refuge for broke
arsed tightwads who wouldn't spend a buck on a paid news server or
didn't even have a clue about Eternal September and the other free
text only servers, such as the one Slider uses.

Bye now, don't let the saloon door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Weak bastard.

>.

Re: for the abstract

<ip9ttidv6d49ihcdi67slnehm6323k9pj9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3580&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3580

From: theBe...@cairo.ankh.io (He Who Sees All)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 11:27:15 +0800
 by: He Who Sees All - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 03:27 UTC

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 23:11:12 -0800 (PST), "Jeremy H. Donovan"
> [...]

>> > entertainment, poverty, and the spirit. It reminds us that even amidst
>> > hardship, there is a desire for escape, celebration, and the fleeting
>> > moments of joy found within the grand spectacle of life.
>> >
>> > This meaning interpretation was written by AI.
>> >
>> > LOL. A little lost in translation?
>> >
>> > Adios adc
>> ### - how odd, both you & crsds drop farewell notices on the same day??
>>
>> his post only showing up on google so am unable to reply directly...
>>
>> the answers are, however, the same in both instances:
>>
>> "you can check-out any time ya like
>> but you(s) can never leave" ;)
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8
>>
>> "head out on the highway..."
>
>I had wondered if anyone would respond.
>I'm not sure when they're cutting off posting,
>except that it was announced as "February 22".
>(Why Chris and I said bye on the same day.)

So it's "Chris" now? The guy who pasted you but good, insulted you
and your ex-wife interminably, yet here you are, sad old cunt facing
death with nary a penny to his name, certainly not a penny to pay for
a cheap news serving account or a free one with ES or one of the other
text only servers?

Thought you were some sort of aged coding maestro? Google Groups was
only for beginners, amateurs, wet behiind the ears greenhorns. Never
figured you to be one of them...

>Of course you're still the WILD guy.
>And I do like that Steppenwolf song!
>Yet it's not quite my favorite.
>Since I'm still the DILD guy. :)

More like a dildo guy...

>In 1969, I was attending junior high school, and after school
>I often went to a local pizza joint run by a real Italian family.
>I'd go in by myself and order the cheapest thing they had -
>a small cheese pizza - and I'd sit in the very back, smoking,
>but before the pizza was ready, I'd go over to the jukebox,
>put in a dime, and play my favorite - this song:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPE9a_epmWw
>
>What feels weird is how I must have done that, I don't know,
>like 15 times or more, and yet now I can't ever do it again.
>Unless at the fourth gate of dreaming I was to dream
>that same little Italian pizza joint and jukebox. LOL.
>I'm pretty sure I won't ever do that either.
>
>So maybe we can't leave, Slider,
>but we can't come back either.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: for the abstract

<71atti9ufh7ehn72an4mt7g10qn2okhgn1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3581&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3581

From: theBe...@cairo.ankh.io (He Who Sees All)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 11:28:53 +0800
 by: He Who Sees All - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 03:28 UTC

<op.2jvjxezo7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3583&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3583

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 23:09:04 -0000
 by: slider - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 23:09 UTC

<l0c0ui1e9dbaj740da90u6ud07s6v3u83l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3584&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3584

From: theBe...@cairo.ankh.io (He Who Sees All)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:25:14 +0800
 by: He Who Sees All - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 07:25 UTC

<op.2jwtgvf87eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3585&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3585

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:32:45 -0000
 by: slider - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:32 UTC

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 07:25:14 -0000, He Who Sees All
<theBeach@cairo.ankh.io> wrote:

>> now try to keep up there's a good chap; you're always sooo slow haha

> Brian, you despise this guy, or at least that's what you would have
> the limited audience here believe. Time and again you rail against
> him. Utter derision.

### - smile, we've had our clashes over the years but you're wrong if you
think i despise anyone, and have, from an outsider's pov, actually enjoyed
our encounters in various ways coz he's fairly smart albeit somewhat
erratic, and even if we don't always agree which was fairly often...

plus you've asked/puzzled-over exactly this same question re lowrider too,
about how i could possibly talk to him considering his shitty behaviour,
and i told you then that am able to speak to him in exactly the same way
am still able to speak to 'you', whose behaviour has been as equally
shitty if not worse!

so go figure :)

> What you are now showing is the insincerity of your worldview. Which
> says a lot about your character, or lack thereof.
> You'll bluster and babble about this thinking that enough verbiage
> thrown at it will somehow disguise the reality of your changing, ever
> changing, position. A real person with a serious grievance does not
> just change views like that.

### - lol, and yet only the other day you lectured me re keeping this
place going, saying: don't i think it's possible for people (meaning you)
to change their minds occasionally??

lol riiiiight... :)

> The only possible conclusion is that
> your views and reactions to life, to reality, are frivilous. Immature.
> And it's far too late for you to grow up. A shame to waste a life like
> that.

### - (really laffing) well that's hardly the only 'possible' conclusion
is it heh...

no, that's just your overly hasty + sloppy conclusion clearly based on
faulty reasoning and a very nasty disposition haha, something of a
repeating pattern of yours, one that's become rather predictable to say
the least...

iow: predictably slow: tap him on the shoulder on tuesday and on wednesday
afternoon he turns round and says: huh? wot??

and because 'intelligence' is rather difficult to define, there being all
kinds of tests to measure it and stuff but defining it remains
controversial...

imho though, intelligence is just how rapidly or not one's brain
communicates with other parts of itself, how fast it sparks across from
one side to the other & back... a measure of electrical resistance perhaps
heh: the less resistance the faster the flow of current through the entire
system + the faster it coordinates & correlates information overall...

a moron, in that sense, being ponderous and slow witted; slow to realise
the implications of any given argument if in fact he gets them at all...
on the other end of that scale: people who're so fast they can almost take
the words out of your mouth before you even speak them they're operating
at such a rapid pace of information processing, consequently they're
always several steps ahead all the time...

intelligence not being 'how much' a person knows, so much as 'how fast'
they operate at ;)

Re: for the abstract

<43fgui5cbbt0pcjcr2i2oq6e3m3ccb222t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3590&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3590

From: theBe...@cairo.ankh.io (He Who Sees All)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 18:03:46 +0800
 by: He Who Sees All - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 10:03 UTC

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:32:45 -0000, slider <slider@anashram.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 07:25:14 -0000, He Who Sees All
><theBeach@cairo.ankh.io> wrote:
>
>>> now try to keep up there's a good chap; you're always sooo slow haha
>
>> Brian, you despise this guy, or at least that's what you would have
>> the limited audience here believe. Time and again you rail against
>> him. Utter derision.
>
>### - smile, we've had our clashes over the years but you're wrong if you
>think i despise anyone, and have, from an outsider's pov, actually enjoyed
>our encounters in various ways coz he's fairly smart albeit somewhat
>erratic, and even if we don't always agree which was fairly often...
>
>plus you've asked/puzzled-over exactly this same question re lowrider too,
>about how i could possibly talk to him considering his shitty behaviour,
>and i told you then that am able to speak to him in exactly the same way
>am still able to speak to 'you', whose behaviour has been as equally
>shitty if not worse!
>
>so go figure :)

I'm just a serious person which comes with the territory for some, as
they age. No point in retaining any semblance of youth when youth has
entirely disappeared. It's just being realistic, icy cold eyeballs on
the world (or in my case, faded blue rheumy eyeballs peering through
the cataracts :)

>> What you are now showing is the insincerity of your worldview. Which
>> says a lot about your character, or lack thereof.
>> You'll bluster and babble about this thinking that enough verbiage
>> thrown at it will somehow disguise the reality of your changing, ever
>> changing, position. A real person with a serious grievance does not
>> just change views like that.
>
>### - lol, and yet only the other day you lectured me re keeping this
>place going, saying: don't i think it's possible for people (meaning you)
>to change their minds occasionally??
>
>lol riiiiight... :)

No that was a a long time ago, several years ago. We made a deal,
after Jeremy (Dave) spat out the dummy and fucked off, never to
return. You and I would keep the pulse here just above permadeath.
Well, we did actually, quite an achievement :)

>> The only possible conclusion is that
>> your views and reactions to life, to reality, are frivilous. Immature.
>> And it's far too late for you to grow up. A shame to waste a life like
>> that.
>
>### - (really laffing) well that's hardly the only 'possible' conclusion
>is it heh...

Nope, I was wrong. In this universe, it may have been, but in the
multiverse, every variation, infinitely repeated, with all infinite
variations of each repeat, will play out over eternity.

So, yep, I was wrong and a little premature.

>no, that's just your overly hasty + sloppy conclusion clearly based on
>faulty reasoning and a very nasty disposition haha, something of a
>repeating pattern of yours, one that's become rather predictable to say
>the least...

Well I didn't say I was reasoning. It was a pretty quick knee jerk
reaction to what you posted. Not much, if any, reason involved,
whicih is a rarity for me, being Mr Reason itself, personified lol.

However, you cannot say that a person who does not exercise reason is
also predictable. Quite the opposite. Think about it.

>iow: predictably slow: tap him on the shoulder on tuesday and on wednesday
>afternoon he turns round and says: huh? wot??

Being personal now. How unbecoming.

>and because 'intelligence' is rather difficult to define, there being all
>kinds of tests to measure it and stuff but defining it remains
>controversial...
>
>imho though, intelligence is just how rapidly or not one's brain
>communicates with other parts of itself, how fast it sparks across from
>one side to the other & back... a measure of electrical resistance perhaps
>heh: the less resistance the faster the flow of current through the entire
>system + the faster it coordinates & correlates information overall...
>
>a moron, in that sense, being ponderous and slow witted; slow to realise
>the implications of any given argument if in fact he gets them at all...
>on the other end of that scale: people who're so fast they can almost take
>the words out of your mouth before you even speak them they're operating
>at such a rapid pace of information processing, consequently they're
>always several steps ahead all the time...
>
>intelligence not being 'how much' a person knows, so much as 'how fast'
>they operate at ;)

You can be very garrulous sometimes mate. Take it easy. Relax. Get
a dog. They are great. I can attest to that, we have a new puppy for
the first time in over 10 years (have had many dogs in life, and many
cats too). He is an American Staffy, only 3 months old. Makes me
young again :)

Re: for the abstract

<op.2j7qviio7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3593&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#3593

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 13:10:20 -0000
 by: slider - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 13:10 UTC

On Wed, 06 Mar 2024 10:03:46 -0000, He Who Sees All
<theBeach@cairo.ankh.io> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:32:45 -0000, slider <slider@anashram.com>
> wrote:

>>> Brian, you despise this guy, or at least that's what you would have
>>> the limited audience here believe. Time and again you rail against
>>> him. Utter derision.
>>
>> ### - smile, we've had our clashes over the years but you're wrong if
>> you
>> think i despise anyone, and have, from an outsider's pov, actually
>> enjoyed
>> our encounters in various ways coz he's fairly smart albeit somewhat
>> erratic, and even if we don't always agree which was fairly often...
>>
>> plus you've asked/puzzled-over exactly this same question re lowrider
>> too,
>> about how i could possibly talk to him considering his shitty behaviour,
>> and i told you then that am able to speak to him in exactly the same way
>> am still able to speak to 'you', whose behaviour has been as equally
>> shitty if not worse!
>>
>> so go figure :)
>
> I'm just a serious person which comes with the territory for some, as
> they age. No point in retaining any semblance of youth when youth has
> entirely disappeared. It's just being realistic, icy cold eyeballs on
> the world (or in my case, faded blue rheumy eyeballs peering through
> the cataracts :)

### - henry miller (the writer) had similar cold (blue) eyes and i enjoyed
'all' his work, he thus cuts through the crap and gets to the point of
life & living and the experience of 'being' alive - 2 of his works
standing out for being a bit different: 'The Air-Conditioned Nightmare' &
'Time of The Assassins' (both well worth getting stoned and
reading/contemplating for the cathartic vistas they repeatedly produce)

>>> What you are now showing is the insincerity of your worldview. Which
>>> says a lot about your character, or lack thereof.
>>> You'll bluster and babble about this thinking that enough verbiage
>>> thrown at it will somehow disguise the reality of your changing, ever
>>> changing, position. A real person with a serious grievance does not
>>> just change views like that.
>>
>> ### - lol, and yet only the other day you lectured me re keeping this
>> place going, saying: don't i think it's possible for people (meaning
>> you)
>> to change their minds occasionally??
>>
>> lol riiiiight... :)
>
> No that was a a long time ago, several years ago. We made a deal,
> after Jeremy (Dave) spat out the dummy and fucked off, never to
> return. You and I would keep the pulse here just above permadeath.
> Well, we did actually, quite an achievement :)

### - no no, that was only several 'weeks' ago lol, what's happened to
your memory? :)

>>> The only possible conclusion is that
>>> your views and reactions to life, to reality, are frivilous. Immature.
>>> And it's far too late for you to grow up. A shame to waste a life like
>>> that.
>>
>> ### - (really laffing) well that's hardly the only 'possible' conclusion
>> is it heh...
>
> Nope, I was wrong. In this universe, it may have been, but in the
> multiverse, every variation, infinitely repeated, with all infinite
> variations of each repeat, will play out over eternity.
>
> So, yep, I was wrong and a little premature.

### - haha :)))

>> no, that's just your overly hasty + sloppy conclusion clearly based on
>> faulty reasoning and a very nasty disposition haha, something of a
>> repeating pattern of yours, one that's become rather predictable to say
>> the least...
>
> Well I didn't say I was reasoning. It was a pretty quick knee jerk
> reaction to what you posted. Not much, if any, reason involved,
> whicih is a rarity for me, being Mr Reason itself, personified lol.
>
> However, you cannot say that a person who does not exercise reason is
> also predictable. Quite the opposite. Think about it.

### - there clearly wasn't any 'thought' put into it, a knee-jerk reaction
on your part as you say, your default mode, no thought involved :)))

>> iow: predictably slow: tap him on the shoulder on tuesday and on
>> wednesday
>> afternoon he turns round and says: huh? wot??
>
> Being personal now. How unbecoming.

### - a graphic example and never personal, if the cap fits however ;)

>> and because 'intelligence' is rather difficult to define, there being
>> all
>> kinds of tests to measure it and stuff but defining it remains
>> controversial...
>>
>> imho though, intelligence is just how rapidly or not one's brain
>> communicates with other parts of itself, how fast it sparks across from
>> one side to the other & back... a measure of electrical resistance
>> perhaps
>> heh: the less resistance the faster the flow of current through the
>> entire
>> system + the faster it coordinates & correlates information overall....
>>
>> a moron, in that sense, being ponderous and slow witted; slow to realise
>> the implications of any given argument if in fact he gets them at all....
>> on the other end of that scale: people who're so fast they can almost
>> take
>> the words out of your mouth before you even speak them they're operating
>> at such a rapid pace of information processing, consequently they're
>> always several steps ahead all the time...
>>
>> intelligence not being 'how much' a person knows, so much as 'how fast'
>> they operate at ;)
>

> You can be very garrulous sometimes mate. Take it easy. Relax. Get
> a dog. They are great. I can attest to that, we have a new puppy for
> the first time in over 10 years (have had many dogs in life, and many
> cats too). He is an American Staffy, only 3 months old. Makes me
> young again :)

### - am just sayin' that intelligence isn't about how much a person
knows, so much as how fast they operate at :)

i mean, i know you're not unintelligent, you're definitely not dumb... but
you 'are' slow on the uptake sometimes... and the only way i can explain
this contradiction is to say/suggest that you have 'blind-spots' in
certain areas that most people don't have any problems with; similes,
analogies & metaphors in particular making it difficult to say/suggest
anything of a 'poetic' nature to you...

the problem being, that imho (and experience) life itself is something
that can't 'be' accurately expressed/described in cold, hard, factual
terms without leaving-out/omitting 96% of the equation, the
universe/cosmos clearly being more than just a bucket of nuts & bolts job!

that in that sense, the cold, hard eye can be very useful indeed in
cutting-through the nuts & bolts part of it all (the purely material side
of things) that seems to blind everyone to anything else

'poetry' being an attempt to cross that bridge into the other 96% unknown,
the very first step into it immediately rendering language into something
far more fluid and open, 'allusions' becoming the norm when it becomes
impossible to pin/nail things down definitively, the poet not being
limited to fancy rhyming phrases alone (there was a young man from
nantucket et al) but something wherein it actually becomes a whole new
pov...

the poet, being thus among the most advanced humans on the planet, stands
at the very cutting edge of knowledge & understanding and tries to pass
some of that information back to the rest of us via the novel 'use' of
language, and because a nuts & bolts version of everything doesn't in any
way explain very much beyond its own 4% use and application...

that 'this' is precisely why i think WILDs could be important, in that it
opens us to lots of 'other' possibilities; none of which are nuts &
bolts-like in character! WILDs are thus a first practical step into that
unknown 96%!

(Ps. if you'd ever read cc's work, you'd immediately understand that WILDs
are in fact journeys through cc's 'dark sea of awareness', something
completely different to dreams & dreaming and even lucid dreams, something
that hints at incredible inner possibilities heretofore unknown except in
garbled, often religious, terms & forms)

Click here to read the complete article