From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: for the abstract
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:45:25 -0000
 by: slider - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:45 UTC

Jeremy wrote...

>> > Adios adc

>> ### - how odd, both you & crsds drop farewell notices on the same day??
>>
>> his post only showing up on google so am unable to reply directly...
>>
>> the answers are, however, the same in both instances:
>>
>> "you can check-out any time ya like
>> but you(s) can never leave" ;)
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8
>>
>> "head out on the highway..."
>
> I had wondered if anyone would respond.
> I'm not sure when they're cutting off posting,
> except that it was announced as "February 22".
> (Why Chris and I said bye on the same day.)
>
> Of course you're still the WILD guy.
> And I do like that Steppenwolf song!
> Yet it's not quite my favorite.
> Since I'm still the DILD guy. :)

### - didn't you 'ever' try it? peeps is raving about it if the feedback's
anything to go by...

https://www.thewildway.com/files/reviews.htm

even chriso finally cracked it and he's as indolent as shit lol, as you'll
see on there

> In 1969, I was attending junior high school, and after school
> I often went to a local pizza joint run by a real Italian family.
> I'd go in by myself and order the cheapest thing they had -
> a small cheese pizza - and I'd sit in the very back, smoking,
> but before the pizza was ready, I'd go over to the jukebox,
> put in a dime, and play my favorite - this song:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPE9a_epmWw
>
> What feels weird is how I must have done that, I don't know,
> like 15 times or more, and yet now I can't ever do it again.
> Unless at the fourth gate of dreaming I was to dream
> that same little Italian pizza joint and jukebox. LOL.
> I'm pretty sure I won't ever do that either.

### - via a wild you 'could' actually call-up that whole pizza scene
exactly as it then was, people, jukebox and all, and actually revisit it
again, even old dreams can be re-called/revisited this way, not that you'd
prolly want to, am just sayin', and no 4th gate required :)

> So maybe we can't leave, Slider,
> but we can't come back either.

### - and am tellin' ya nada's actually changed except access via google :)

> [...]
> while I came down and got the mail, I guess so he'd know I got
> the little letters he was sending? He had gone to the trouble of
> having some of them drawn up by a lawyer that was his friend.
> My partner called this lawyer and tried to talk sense into him,
> but no dice. He insisted that unless we paid we'd all go to court.
>
> Meanwhile, our management company, which fully repaired the
> fence between us, and fully cleaned up all the trees bordering
> our properties, also submitted the guy's roof bill to their insurance.
> But their insurance said they would not pay for our neighbor's roof
> because the tree falling was 'an act of God' and THEIR insurance
> should cover that part of it. Of course that made jerkyboy furious.
>
> The thing hung in the wind for months, and then the guy started
> trying to have us served to appear in court. Our place is kind of
> insular so they never succeeded in serving anyone here, but there
> had been a court date set. Our management company tried to
> get the court to drop the case, but couldn't do it and so eventually
> we all had to go to court, a lady from our management company,
> and both of us. But when we got there we found that the guy
> had at the last minute requested a postponement for a month.
> So we all went to the courthouse for nothing, and the thing
> was held over our heads for yet another month.
>
> We finally went to small claims court and made our arguments.
> The guy ranted and raved in a highly speculative way about how
> we supposedly hadn't cared for the trees properly, but our company
> had records of every time they'd trimmed the big trees, and my
> partner had a record of all the texts showing how cooperative
> she'd been and what a dick he'd been. (He had addressed me
> in his attempts to collect by a name that isn't even my real name,
> which was really a joke name my partner had put on a magazine
> subscription, which proved that he got my name by going through
> our mailbox, which is illegal.) And we submitted evidence proving
> the tree fell the very day of the big LA atmospheric river storm.
> It turned out he'd sued our company using the wrong name too.
>
> But only today did we finally hear the verdict of the silly case.
> It was ruled that our jerky neighbor gets... nothing. So this dude
> had sweat this dumb thing for a solid year, paid to file the case,
> paid money to try to have us served three times, and before she
> cut him off had ranted and raved rudely in texts to my partner.
> I had simply ignored him completely the whole time. We had
> never spoken a word in all the years we'd been neighbors.
> Still haven't, and probably never will. Knock on wood.
>
> But he broke the 'record' I was so proud of, dammit.
> I got sued because a tree in my yard fell down.
> Pride went before a fall, I'd have to observe.
> It's amazing the useless things people do that
> go on and on forever. Remind you of anything? :)
>
> Well, this is the last useless thing I'll ever do here.

### - well maybe 'that' will teach ya to go around being/feeling 'proud'
about stuff huh, but not all is lost there, his case didn't succeed and
was thrown out, your record remaining unblemished (it bounced-off, cool,
you're a teflon-don already)

and coz it's only google that's stopping people posting to groups from the
22nd, the newsgroups themselves will still all be here after today,
including adc...

so now don't you (and mr chips both) perhaps feel a little silly?

remind you of anything?? (really laffing haha, things haven't changed)

meaning: all ya's need would be some sorta free mail/news-reader client
instead of coming through google...

e.g., borrowed this next passage from alt-magick just now rather than type
it all out:

"It is only the Google Groups portal to this newsgroup that
is getting shut down, which will mean less spam. You
can still access this newsgroup via a newsreader such
as Agent on Windows, Hogwasher on Mac, Pan on Linux,
or the free Thunderbird (even if you don’t also use it for
email) on all three, accessing a free newsserver such
as Eternal September or Solani, or, if you want binary
access, a paid newsserver such as Giganews."

***

e.g., 'Eternal september' is what have been personally using as a
newsserver (only requires a genuine email address which isn't revealed
when posting, and a minimum usage of say once per month to remain active)
and a free 'Opera Mail' as a news-client, although i also have a free
'Thunderbird Mail client' too as backup...

smile, so it looks like the universe/infinity whatever is just having its
little joke with you, dragging you's both back here under false pretenses
to say goodbye when nada but google access is changing haha

it's really quite funny don't you think? it forced your hand...

i mean, whoever said the universe is without any humour huh :)

anyhoo, am kinda glad you ain't dead anyway (i did wonder a couple times)

ain't been a lot happening there being so few of us, but the gang's still
here

and it got you here didn't it, so welcome back lol :)

(for effect slider gently twangs jeremy's big rubber band that's
apparently still attached)

haha :)

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o for the abstract

By: Jeremy H. Donovan on Wed, 21 Feb 2024

11Jeremy H. Donovan