To err is human, to forgive is against company policy.

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: Another Job

SubjectAuthor
* Another JobLeon
+* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
|`- Re: Another JobLeon
+* Re: Another Jobkrw
|`* Re: Another JobLeon
| `* Re: Another Jobkrw
|  `* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
|   +* Re: Another Jobkrw
|   |`* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
|   | `* Re: Another JobLeon
|   |  `- Re: Another Jobkrw
|   `* Re: Another JobLeon
|    `* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
|     `* Re: Another JobLeon
|      `* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
|       `* Re: Another JobLeon
|        `* Re: Another Jobkrw
|         `* Re: Another JobLeon
|          `- Re: Another Jobkrw
`* Re: Another JobLeon
 `* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
  `* Re: Another JobLeon
   `* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
    `* Re: Another JobLeon
     `* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
      `* Re: Another JobLeon
       `* Re: Another JobDerbyDad03
        `- Re: Another JobLeon

Pages:12
Re: Another Job

<q_OdnQw0ndR8R9T8nZ2dnUU7-V-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4476&group=rec.woodworking#4476

Subject: Re: Another Job
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:15:13 -0500
 by: Leon - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:15 UTC

On 9/20/2021 6:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 5:44:24 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

>>> You should have rented a cat to pee on your sweat stains before
>>> you put in the claim.
>>>
>> So I called for warranty coverage and answered 20 questions. What would
>> you say caused the surface to discolor. Me, I don't know, maybe sweat.
>> Is that what you want us to put down as the cause? Sure, its a bodily
>> fluid, I don't really care what caused it.
>> Is that your final answer? Yes,
>>
>> Pause, we are sorry but sweat is not covered.
>>
>> I bought the furniture at a prominent store in Houston and the brand was
>> Flexsteel. Not Cheap.
>>
>> I read the manager the riot act and he took care of the problem.
>
> I'm in the middle of similar issue right now, although mine is related to
> an issue with the condition of my *not cheap* sectional upon arrival.
> The one I waited 2 months to have delivered. (It's Covid, you know)

We waited 4 months and it was about 8 years ago.

> 2 piece sectional, therefore 8 wooden legs. 5 of the 8 legs looked like
> this at delivery:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/UYYen3R.jpg
>
> https://i.imgur.com/QDKQLHi.jpg
>
> The repair guys shows up and based on the single picture that the delivery
> guy uploaded, the repair guy thought I had one minor scratch and thought
> he could take it out to the truck and throw some stain on it. "That ain't
> happening, I want all new legs."
>
> It's now 8 weeks later. They apparently lost the order for my legs and don't
> expect to see the second order for *at least* 6 more weeks. I told the rep
> that I could make a set of legs in one afternoon and be done with this fiasco.
>
> "I'm sorry sir. We're sending you a $250 gift card for your trouble."
>
> Great. Thanks. I probably can't even get a lamp at that store for $250.

Re: Another Job

<q_OdnQ80ndTnRtT8nZ2dnUU7-V-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4477&group=rec.woodworking#4477

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:17:46 -0500
 by: Leon - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:17 UTC

On 9/20/2021 7:22 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:46:06 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
> wrote:

>>> Don't tell my wife. My next project is a bookcase for her.
>>>
>>> While I may consider milk paint, I hate green. ;-)
>>
>> But does she like green? My wife pocked the color. Don't second guess
>> colors that your wife picks out. ;~)
>
> I once had that plan, until it didn't work. She picked the paint for
> our family room. She was out of the house paint day. I opened the
> can and thought ("Pepto Bismol"). Well... She didn't much like it
> either.
>
>> The milk paints come in a load of "country colors".
>
> Not my favorites. Not enough saturation for my taste.

Define Saturation. General Finishes milk paints are heavy bodied and
quite opaque. One coat is almost enough over most any color.

Re: Another Job

<hutkkgl9aj2lc697bhaamutofrvk7k6k20@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4485&group=rec.woodworking#4485

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <4s4ckgpvvd48epeddhg124kmd4bberaa32@4ax.com> <c8741483-7f34-4b7f-9672-c9067aca8a82n@googlegroups.com> <Gv-dnVTEIYQq3tr8nZ2dnUU7-Q-dnZ2d@giganews.com> <7b903fc2-1a75-4d34-93ed-31d5e0010db5n@googlegroups.com> <4rqdnSNdkvuSEtX8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com> <add94cf9-d651-48d7-bb2e-f7bf5c927d22n@googlegroups.com> <R9ednULmZ4OAnNT8nZ2dnUU7-a2dnZ2d@giganews.com> <k99ikgtdfecibcjmclkull1sbl62n3h91e@4ax.com> <q_OdnQ80ndTnRtT8nZ2dnUU7-V-dnZ2d@giganews.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 20:33:34 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 00:33 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:17:46 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:

>On 9/20/2021 7:22 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 16:46:06 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
>> wrote:

>>> But does she like green? My wife pocked the color. Don't second guess
>>> colors that your wife picks out. ;~)
>>
>> I once had that plan, until it didn't work. She picked the paint for
>> our family room. She was out of the house paint day. I opened the
>> can and thought ("Pepto Bismol"). Well... She didn't much like it
>> either.
>>
>>> The milk paints come in a load of "country colors".
>>
>> Not my favorites. Not enough saturation for my taste.
>>

>Define Saturation. General Finishes milk paints are heavy bodied and
>quite opaque. One coat is almost enough over most any color.

Color intensity. The 'S' in the HSV visual system. Milk paint colors
are more washed out than I prefer. Intense red is the best paint for
cherry. ;-)

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: Another Job