Why is it called a funny bone when it hurts so much?

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: OT: Miter box

SubjectAuthor
* Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
+- Re: OT: Miter boxJ. Clarke
+* Re: OT: Miter boxDerbyDad03
|+* Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
||`* Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
|| `- Re: OT: Miter boxClare Snyder
|`* Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| +* Re: OT: Miter boxBill
| |+* Re: OT: Miter boxClare Snyder
| ||`- Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
| |+- Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
| |`- Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| +* Re: OT: Miter boxDerbyDad03
| |`- Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| +* Re: OT: Miter boxLeon
| |+- Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| |`* Re: OT: Miter boxPuckdropper
| | +- Re: OT: Miter boxJ. Clarke
| | +* Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
| | |`* Re: OT: Miter boxPuckdropper
| | | +- Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| | | `* Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
| | |  `* Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| | |   `* Re: OT: Miter boxDerbyDad03
| | |    +* Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| | |    |`- Re: OT: Miter boxLeon
| | |    `* Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
| | |     `* Re: OT: Miter boxDerbyDad03
| | |      +- Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
| | |      `- Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
| | `* Re: OT: Miter boxLeon
| |  `* Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
| |   `- Re: OT: Miter boxPuckdropper
| `* Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
|  `* Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew
|   `* Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
|    +* Re: OT: Miter boxDerbyDad03
|    |`- Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
|    `* Re: OT: Miter boxLeon
|     +- Re: OT: Miter boxkrw
|     `- Re: OT: Miter boxDerbyDad03
`* Re: OT: Miter boxMarkem618
 `- Re: OT: Miter boxMichael Trew

Pages:12
Re: OT: Miter box

<sibocn$2pn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4474&group=rec.woodworking#4474

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking,rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: OT: Miter box
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:51:35 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 04:51 UTC

On 9/20/2021 8:37 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> Why are miter boxes so short? I have to cut 45 degree angles for the
> baseboards at my son's house. They are 6.5" tall, but even if they were
> only 4 inches, most miter boxes would be too short. My miter *saw*
> would cut 4" ones, but I'm going to have to hand cut them, and to do so
> I had to make my own extra tall miter box. By now the glue is dry. It took
> me a couple of hours to figure it out and build it from wood than I already
> had at home. Here's my crazy contraption.
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72157719878210779
> It's not done. There's still some hand sawing left to finish it, but then I have
> to cut the baseboards by hand. Those of you who do woodworking might
> find this amusing.
>
> --Bryan
>
> "If you don’t like tamales, then there must be something wrong with you."
> -- https://iamnm.com/traditional-new-mexico-red-chile-tamales/

I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking

I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
really get in the way).

Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
trim; this time because the blade won't reach.

https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr

Re: OT: Miter box

<n3kjkg99mgl0rcb7vuh1vjs5vi01mjl4k1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4475&group=rec.woodworking#4475

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking,rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:33:36 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 12:33 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:51:35 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/20/2021 8:37 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Why are miter boxes so short? I have to cut 45 degree angles for the
>> baseboards at my son's house. They are 6.5" tall, but even if they were
>> only 4 inches, most miter boxes would be too short. My miter *saw*
>> would cut 4" ones, but I'm going to have to hand cut them, and to do so
>> I had to make my own extra tall miter box. By now the glue is dry. It took
>> me a couple of hours to figure it out and build it from wood than I already
>> had at home. Here's my crazy contraption.
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72157719878210779
>> It's not done. There's still some hand sawing left to finish it, but then I have
>> to cut the baseboards by hand. Those of you who do woodworking might
>> find this amusing.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>
>> "If you don’t like tamales, then there must be something wrong with you."
>> -- https://iamnm.com/traditional-new-mexico-red-chile-tamales/
>
>I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>
>I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>really get in the way).
>
>Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>
>https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr

When I was a kid we didn't have these fancy store-bought miter boxes.
You took three boards, nailed/screwed/glued them together in a "u"
shape, and very carefully laid out the angle, then very carefully
sawed it with a back saw. And then you had a miter box until you wore
out the slots and had to make a new one.

Re: OT: Miter box

<446b046b-028b-413c-9ea0-9a82e14223f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4478&group=rec.woodworking#4478

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:24:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:24 UTC

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 12:51:38 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/20/2021 8:37 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> > Why are miter boxes so short? I have to cut 45 degree angles for the
> > baseboards at my son's house. They are 6.5" tall, but even if they were
> > only 4 inches, most miter boxes would be too short. My miter *saw*
> > would cut 4" ones, but I'm going to have to hand cut them, and to do so
> > I had to make my own extra tall miter box. By now the glue is dry. It took
> > me a couple of hours to figure it out and build it from wood than I already
> > had at home. Here's my crazy contraption.
> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72157719878210779
> > It's not done. There's still some hand sawing left to finish it, but then I have
> > to cut the baseboards by hand. Those of you who do woodworking might
> > find this amusing.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >
> > "If you don’t like tamales, then there must be something wrong with you."
> > -- https://iamnm.com/traditional-new-mexico-red-chile-tamales/
>
> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>
> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
> really get in the way).
>
> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>
> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr

I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)

I'll keep mine intact.

Re: OT: Miter box

<imukkgla1t0r7c4k0e2hr6mim3nnfqou6k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4486&group=rec.woodworking#4486

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 20:39:05 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 00:39 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:24:46 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
<teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 12:51:38 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 9/20/2021 8:37 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> > Why are miter boxes so short? I have to cut 45 degree angles for the
>> > baseboards at my son's house. They are 6.5" tall, but even if they were
>> > only 4 inches, most miter boxes would be too short. My miter *saw*
>> > would cut 4" ones, but I'm going to have to hand cut them, and to do so
>> > I had to make my own extra tall miter box. By now the glue is dry. It took
>> > me a couple of hours to figure it out and build it from wood than I already
>> > had at home. Here's my crazy contraption.
>> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72157719878210779
>> > It's not done. There's still some hand sawing left to finish it, but then I have
>> > to cut the baseboards by hand. Those of you who do woodworking might
>> > find this amusing.
>> >
>> > --Bryan
>> >
>> > "If you don’t like tamales, then there must be something wrong with you."
>> > -- https://iamnm.com/traditional-new-mexico-red-chile-tamales/
>>
>> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>>
>> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>> really get in the way).
>>
>> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>>
>> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
>

>I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)

I wouldn't use a miter saw on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air. ;-)

>I'll keep mine intact.

....and on the ground.

Re: OT: Miter box

<sigv0k$ab7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4487&group=rec.woodworking#4487

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:15:20 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 04:15 UTC

On 9/21/2021 8:39 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:24:46 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
> <teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>>> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>>> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>>>
>>> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>>> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>>> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>>> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>>> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>>> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>>> really get in the way).
>>>
>>> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>>> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>>> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>>> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>>> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>>>
>>> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
>>

>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>
> I wouldn't use a miter saw on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air. ;-)
>
>> I'll keep mine intact.
>
> ....and on the ground.

Trust me, the miter saw stays on the ground.. haha

Re: OT: Miter box

<sigv3a$ab7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4488&group=rec.woodworking#4488

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:16:46 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 04:16 UTC

On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 12:51:38 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 9/20/2021 8:37 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> Why are miter boxes so short? I have to cut 45 degree angles for the
>>> baseboards at my son's house. They are 6.5" tall, but even if they were
>>> only 4 inches, most miter boxes would be too short. My miter *saw*
>>> would cut 4" ones, but I'm going to have to hand cut them, and to do so
>>> I had to make my own extra tall miter box. By now the glue is dry. It took
>>> me a couple of hours to figure it out and build it from wood than I already
>>> had at home. Here's my crazy contraption.
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72157719878210779
>>> It's not done. There's still some hand sawing left to finish it, but then I have
>>> to cut the baseboards by hand. Those of you who do woodworking might
>>> find this amusing.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>
>>> "If you don’t like tamales, then there must be something wrong with you."
>>> -- https://iamnm.com/traditional-new-mexico-red-chile-tamales/
>>
>> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>>
>> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>> really get in the way).
>>
>> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>>
>> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
>

> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>
> I'll keep mine intact.

Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)

If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
gaumed up and wouldn't retract.

Re: OT: Miter box

<MhU2J.43034$2Q_3.39969@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4489&group=rec.woodworking#4489

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: nonegi...@att.net (Bill)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 01:30:18 -0400
 by: Bill - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 05:30 UTC

On 9/23/2021 12:16 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>>> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>>> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>>>
>>> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>>> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>>> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>>> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>>> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>>> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>>> really get in the way).
>>>
>>> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>>> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>>> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>>> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>>> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>>>
>>> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
>>

>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>
>> I'll keep mine intact.
>
> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)
>
> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.

It is not a "box", but mine is more the style of this one (in it's
flexability):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194038075041?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1GxiM0JKjS2m-zc_WyYAEIg11&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=194038075041&targetid=4580702890871448&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418640321&mkgroupid=1233652283797640&rlsatarget=pla-4580702890871448&abcId=9300602&merchantid=51291&msclkid=0fefd936e9781affaa23b87af97c92be

Re: OT: Miter box

<08c61909-d3eb-4633-8be8-7c45cb54c354n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4490&group=rec.woodworking#4490

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 09:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:00 UTC

On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:16:44 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

> >> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
> >> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
> >>
> >> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
> >> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
> >> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
> >> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
> >> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
> >> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
> >> really get in the way).
> >>
> >> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
> >> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
> >> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
> >> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
> >> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
> >>
> >> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
> >

> > I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
> > a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
> >
> > I'll keep mine intact.
> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)

Common sense certainly comes into play when using any power tool, but
many people, with a lot of common sense, have been injured on the job site.

Mistakes happen, distractions happen, wandering minds happen.

> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.

If it keeps getting gaumed/gummed up, I have to question what you are
cutting.

BTW...when a safety device is involved, I lean towards "repair" vs. "removal".

Re: OT: Miter box

<0gjpkgl9urgh7uoeseckijgqh7svhri6r3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4491&group=rec.woodworking#4491

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:02:33 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 19:02 UTC

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:15:20 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/21/2021 8:39 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:24:46 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
>> <teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>
>> I wouldn't use a miter saw on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air. ;-)
>>
>>> I'll keep mine intact.
>>
>> ....and on the ground.
>
>Trust me, the miter saw stays on the ground.. haha
That's why they make the blade tip on a table saw!!! 14 inch high
baseboadrs?? NO PROBLEM!!!! As long as they aren't over about 2 inches
thick - - -
Cut to the "outside" length plus a predetermined amount, install the
fence so with the end on the fence the blade cuts EXACTLY where you
want it and start cutting. As long as you measure and cut to the
proper length the miters will be exactly the right length and angle
EVERY TIME.

Re: OT: Miter box

<osjpkglrqc1au1o89t5gfbp10f3o31g1eo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4492&group=rec.woodworking#4492

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:04:11 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 19:04 UTC

The "cordless radial arm saw"

Re: OT: Miter box

<senpkgpi44882ipmgjsojuibib180n97je@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4493&group=rec.woodworking#4493

From: markrm...@hotmail.com (Markem618)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:11:03 -0500
 by: Markem618 - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:11 UTC

<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/20/2021 8:37 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>> Why are miter boxes so short? I have to cut 45 degree angles for the
>> baseboards at my son's house. They are 6.5" tall, but even if they were
>> only 4 inches, most miter boxes would be too short. My miter *saw*
>> would cut 4" ones, but I'm going to have to hand cut them, and to do so
>> I had to make my own extra tall miter box. By now the glue is dry. It took
>> me a couple of hours to figure it out and build it from wood than I already
>> had at home. Here's my crazy contraption.
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72157719878210779
>> It's not done. There's still some hand sawing left to finish it, but then I have
>> to cut the baseboards by hand. Those of you who do woodworking might
>> find this amusing.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>
>> "If you don’t like tamales, then there must be something wrong with you."
>> -- https://iamnm.com/traditional-new-mexico-red-chile-tamales/
>
>I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>
>I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>really get in the way).
>
>Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>
>https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr

Search around see if you can find a Delta Buck Saw, hard to find but
better than SCMS.

Re: OT: Miter box

<fuOdnVxPI9U4b9H8nZ2dnUU7-RvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4494&group=rec.woodworking#4494

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:33:25 -0500
 by: Leon - Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:33 UTC

On 9/22/2021 11:16 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>>> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>>> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>>>
>>> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>>> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>>> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>>> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>>> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>>> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>>> really get in the way).
>>>
>>> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>>> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>>> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>>> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>>> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>>>
>>> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
>>

>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>
>> I'll keep mine intact.
>
> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)

Well, common sense is not always with us when we are working near shiny
spinning sharp things. Unless you are GOD or a Super Hero you are
capable of making a mistake regardless of how much training or how smart
you think you are.

I will say the number reason that most woodworkers have accidents on
their table saws is because they did not have a guard on their saws.
Unfortunately 99.999999999999999% of table saw guards hindered rather
than helped.
Some cuts are impossible to make with a guard mounted. And that brings
us to the solution to mistakes, SawStop.

> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.

Re: OT: Miter box

<tj8qkgh9sr58i15i6rgr3tj3cee4e4d5vu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4495&group=rec.woodworking#4495

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 20:59:28 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:59 UTC

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:16:46 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>>> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>>> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>>>
>>> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>>> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>>> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>>> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>>> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>>> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>>> really get in the way).
>>>
>>> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>>> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>>> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>>> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>>> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>>>
>>> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
>>

>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>
>> I'll keep mine intact.
>
>Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
>spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)
>
>If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>gaumed up and wouldn't retract.

I would have spent the $100 on a HF SMCS. I've had one for years, not
that gets much use these days. It's purpose is now outside carpentry.
It works and I don't care if it gets wet.

Re: OT: Miter box

<do8qkgpr14inerf80kvvju611n4kuumtm9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4496&group=rec.woodworking#4496

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:01:23 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:01 UTC

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 01:30:18 -0400, Bill <nonegiven@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/23/2021 12:16 AM, Michael Trew wrote:

>>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll keep mine intact.
>>
>> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
>> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)
>>
>> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.
>
>It is not a "box", but mine is more the style of this one (in it's
>flexability):
>
>https://www.ebay.com/itm/194038075041?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1GxiM0JKjS2m-zc_WyYAEIg11&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=194038075041&targetid=4580702890871448&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418640321&mkgroupid=1233652283797640&rlsatarget=pla-4580702890871448&abcId=9300602&merchantid=51291&msclkid=0fefd936e9781affaa23b87af97c92be

I have one of those, too. My outlaws bought it for me about 50 years
ago. It's a nice tool but it isn't a Kapex.

Re: OT: Miter box

<ir8qkg500u0le2edkbkdfq7ocu197fu79p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4497&group=rec.woodworking#4497

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 21:02:43 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 01:02 UTC

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:04:11 -0400, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 01:30:18 -0400, Bill <nonegiven@att.net> wrote:

>>> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
>>> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)
>>>
>>> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>>> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.
>>
>>It is not a "box", but mine is more the style of this one (in it's
>>flexability):
>>
>>https://www.ebay.com/itm/194038075041?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1GxiM0JKjS2m-zc_WyYAEIg11&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=194038075041&targetid=4580702890871448&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418640321&mkgroupid=1233652283797640&rlsatarget=pla-4580702890871448&abcId=9300602&merchantid=51291&msclkid=0fefd936e9781affaa23b87af97c92be
> The "cordless radial arm saw"

Cordless forarm saw.

Re: OT: Miter box

<silioj$id5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4498&group=rec.woodworking#4498

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:16:56 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:16 UTC

On 9/23/2021 1:30 AM, Bill wrote:
> On 9/23/2021 12:16 AM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the
>>> air,
>>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll keep mine intact.
>>
>> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the
>> shiny spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws
>> body parts ;)
>>
>> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.
>
> It is not a "box", but mine is more the style of this one (in it's
> flexability):
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/194038075041?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1GxiM0JKjS2m-zc_WyYAEIg11&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=194038075041&targetid=4580702890871448&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418640321&mkgroupid=1233652283797640&rlsatarget=pla-4580702890871448&abcId=9300602&merchantid=51291&msclkid=0fefd936e9781affaa23b87af97c92be

That's pretty cool!

Re: OT: Miter box

<silir6$id5$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4499&group=rec.woodworking#4499

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:18:19 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:18 UTC

On 9/23/2021 12:00 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:16:44 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:

>>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll keep mine intact.
>> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
>> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)
>
> Common sense certainly comes into play when using any power tool, but
> many people, with a lot of common sense, have been injured on the job site.
>
> Mistakes happen, distractions happen, wandering minds happen.
>
>> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.
>
> If it keeps getting gaumed/gummed up, I have to question what you are
> cutting.
>
> BTW...when a safety device is involved, I lean towards "repair" vs. "removal".

The guard was halfway broken when I bought the used saw, and never
worked correctly. I'm pretty sure my neighbor who sold it to me bought
it as part of a lot in an auction. No clue what the PO's did to it.

Re: OT: Miter box

<siljsh$pq6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4500&group=rec.woodworking#4500

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:36:05 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:36 UTC

On 9/23/2021 5:33 PM, Leon wrote:
> On 9/22/2021 11:16 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
>>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the
>>> air,
>>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll keep mine intact.
>>
>> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the
>> shiny spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws
>> body parts ;)
>

> Well, common sense is not always with us when we are working near shiny
> spinning sharp things. Unless you are GOD or a Super Hero you are
> capable of making a mistake regardless of how much training or how smart
> you think you are.
>
> I will say the number reason that most woodworkers have accidents on
> their table saws is because they did not have a guard on their saws.
> Unfortunately 99.999999999999999% of table saw guards hindered rather
> than helped.
> Some cuts are impossible to make with a guard mounted. And that brings
> us to the solution to mistakes, SawStop.

Trust me, I'm not advocating to pull off all stops/safeties; I'm not one
of those people (unless it comes to the doggone safety stop handle on
power mowers).

My table saw is downright ancient, I'm pretty sure it's a pre-war model,
no safeties.

>> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.

Re: OT: Miter box

<siljvf$pq6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4501&group=rec.woodworking#4501

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:37:40 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:37 UTC

On 9/23/2021 8:59 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:16:46 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
>
>> On 9/21/2021 10:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
>>> I guess if you don't mind standing on rickety scaffolding 30' in the air,
>>> a blade guard would certainly seem to be an inconvenience. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'll keep mine intact.
>>
>> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
>> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)
>>
>> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.
>
> I would have spent the $100 on a HF SMCS. I've had one for years, not
> that gets much use these days. It's purpose is now outside carpentry.
> It works and I don't care if it gets wet.

What is that, harbor freight saw?

Re: OT: Miter box

<silkll$ueu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4502&group=rec.woodworking#4502

From: michael....@att.net (Michael Trew)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:49:30 -0400
 by: Michael Trew - Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:49 UTC

On 9/23/2021 4:11 PM, Markem618 wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 00:51:35 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
>
>> On 9/20/2021 8:37 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
>>> Why are miter boxes so short? I have to cut 45 degree angles for the
>>> baseboards at my son's house. They are 6.5" tall, but even if they were
>>> only 4 inches, most miter boxes would be too short. My miter *saw*
>>> would cut 4" ones, but I'm going to have to hand cut them, and to do so
>>> I had to make my own extra tall miter box. By now the glue is dry. It took
>>> me a couple of hours to figure it out and build it from wood than I already
>>> had at home. Here's my crazy contraption.
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/36178182@N08/albums/72157719878210779
>>> It's not done. There's still some hand sawing left to finish it, but then I have
>>> to cut the baseboards by hand. Those of you who do woodworking might
>>> find this amusing.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>
>>> "If you don’t like tamales, then there must be something wrong with you."
>>> -- https://iamnm.com/traditional-new-mexico-red-chile-tamales/
>>
>> I don't do a lot of woodworking, but I have to do some for work in one
>> of my homes. This is a good topic for rec.woodworking
>>
>> I've had the same complaint about too-small miter boxes, I can't fathom
>> why they can't even hold a normal sized piece of baseboard. My solution
>> was to buy an electric miter saw from my neighbor, used for $30.. if you
>> check the prices in stores on 12 inch blade miter saws, I think I got a
>> darn good deal. I did, of course, have to buy a new blade. The plastic
>> safety shield was broken, so I ripped it the rest of the way off (those
>> really get in the way).
>>
>> Pic linked of my saw. Please don't mind the filthy basement. I don't
>> think the laser guide works, but you can set the angle accurate enough
>> to do nice 45's or whatever. I would not get a smaller blade miter saw,
>> considering that you'd be in the same boat of not being able to chop
>> trim; this time because the blade won't reach.
>>
>> https://postimg.cc/PLRK88Jr
>
> Search around see if you can find a Delta Buck Saw, hard to find but
> better than SCMS.

I think I just found one on Facebook Marketplace for $40.. thanks, might
go pick that up!

Re: OT: Miter box

<k73tkg5nd8ahadpj32j50d0rdsaj5bm0hr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4503&group=rec.woodworking#4503

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:45:04 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 02:45 UTC

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:37:40 -0400, Michael Trew
<michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>On 9/23/2021 8:59 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 00:16:46 -0400, Michael Trew
>> <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>>> Well, the old common sense tells me not to put my fingers near the shiny
>>> spinning sharp hunk of wood-gnawing metal.. as it also gnaws body parts ;)
>>>
>>> If it weren't broken, I would have kept it intact, but it kept getting
>>> gaumed up and wouldn't retract.
>>
>> I would have spent the $100 on a HF SMCS. I've had one for years, not
>> that gets much use these days. It's purpose is now outside carpentry.
>> It works and I don't care if it gets wet.
>>

>What is that, harbor freight saw?

Yes, HF == Harbor Freight

Something like this but I bought mine fifteenish years ago.
<https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/power-saws/miter/10-in-sliding-compound-miter-saw-61971.html>

Re: OT: Miter box

<58c9154f-a9df-406c-97b1-c8335dcf8c16n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4504&group=rec.woodworking#4504

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:55:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 02:55 UTC

On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 10:45:08 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:37:40 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michae...@att.net> wrote:
>
> >On 9/23/2021 8:59 PM, k...@notreal.com wrote:

> >> I would have spent the $100 on a HF SMCS. I've had one for years, not
> >> that gets much use these days. It's purpose is now outside carpentry.
> >> It works and I don't care if it gets wet.
> >>

> >What is that, harbor freight saw?
> Yes, HF == Harbor Freight
>
> Something like this but I bought mine fifteenish years ago.
> <https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/power-saws/miter/10-in-sliding-compound-miter-saw-61971.html>

I prefer mine...

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/miter-saws-cm10gd-48431-p/

I kept my old 10" Delta non-slider for cutting metal, PT wood, branches, and
anything else I don't want to put under the Bosch.

Both guards are intact, although the Delta's is basically opaque from all the
metal it's cut. Sparks and plastic don't play well together.

Re: OT: Miter box

<pYadnfvdyfQ6gNL8nZ2dnUU7-XfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4505&group=rec.woodworking#4505

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 08:01:27 -0500
 by: Leon - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 13:01 UTC

On 9/24/2021 9:45 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:37:40 -0400, Michael Trew
> <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:
>
>> On 9/23/2021 8:59 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:

>>> I would have spent the $100 on a HF SMCS. I've had one for years, not
>>> that gets much use these days. It's purpose is now outside carpentry.
>>> It works and I don't care if it gets wet.
>>>

>> What is that, harbor freight saw?
>
> Yes, HF == Harbor Freight
>
> Something like this but I bought mine fifteenish years ago.
> <https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/power-saws/miter/10-in-sliding-compound-miter-saw-61971.html>

I thought you had the articulating Bosch. Some one on here indicated
that dust collection on the Bosch was hideous.

Re: OT: Miter box

<0ofvkgda81fgn997j7mo4gii0ahvcvnc6n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4508&group=rec.woodworking#4508

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:41:17 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 00:41 UTC

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:55:47 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
<teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>On Friday, September 24, 2021 at 10:45:08 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:37:40 -0400, Michael Trew
>> <michae...@att.net> wrote:

>> >What is that, harbor freight saw?
>> Yes, HF == Harbor Freight
>>
>> Something like this but I bought mine fifteenish years ago.
>> <https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/power-saws/miter/10-in-sliding-compound-miter-saw-61971.html>
>
>I prefer mine...
>
>https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/miter-saws-cm10gd-48431-p/

Hardly a $100 tool. I have a Bosch 5312 (no longer sold) but it was a
bit more than $100 too.

<https://mitersawhub.com/bosch-5312-12-inch-dual-bevel-slide-compound-miter-saw-review/>

>I kept my old 10" Delta non-slider for cutting metal, PT wood, branches, and
>anything else I don't want to put under the Bosch.

Sounds, well, loud.

>Both guards are intact, although the Delta's is basically opaque from all the
>metal it's cut. Sparks and plastic don't play well together.

Re: OT: Miter box

<odgvkgpbhejrosklmov9qem95plte8v4ki@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4509&group=rec.woodworking#4509

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:42:38 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 00:42 UTC

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 08:01:27 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:

>On 9/24/2021 9:45 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 18:37:40 -0400, Michael Trew
>> <michael.trew@att.net> wrote:

>>> What is that, harbor freight saw?
>>
>> Yes, HF == Harbor Freight
>>
>> Something like this but I bought mine fifteenish years ago.
>> <https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/power-saws/miter/10-in-sliding-compound-miter-saw-61971.html>
>>

>I thought you had the articulating Bosch. Some one on here indicated
>that dust collection on the Bosch was hideous.

Nope, a Bosch Glider (above). I'm dumping it soon because it takes
too much (front to back) space.

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: OT: Miter box