It is indeed desirable to be well descended, but the glory belongs to our ancestors. -- Plutarch

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: Bora centipede

SubjectAuthor
* Bora centipedeBob Davis
+* Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
|+- Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
|+* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
||`* Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
|| +- Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
|| `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
||  `- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
|`* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| `- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
+* Re: Bora centipedeScott Lurndal
|+* Re: Bora centipedeScott Lurndal
||+- Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
||`- Re: Bora centipedePuckdropper
|`- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
+* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
|+- Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
|`* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
| +* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
| |`* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| | +* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
| | |+* Re: Bora centipedeBrian Welch
| | |`- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| | `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| |  `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| |   `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| |    `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| |     +* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
| |     |`* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| |     | `- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| |     `- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| +* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
| |`- Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
| `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
|  `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
|   `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
|    `* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
|     `- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
`* Re: Bora centipedeSonny
 +* Re: Bora centipedeSonny
 |`* Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
 | `- Re: Bora centipedeSonny
 `* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
  +- Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
  +- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
  `* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
   `* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
    +* Re: Bora centipedeLeon
    |`- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
    +* Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
    |`* Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
    | `* Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
    |  `* Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
    |   +- Re: Bora centipedeDerbyDad03
    |   `- Re: Bora centipedeLeon
    `* Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis
     `- Re: Bora centipedeBob Davis

Pages:123
Re: Bora centipede

<9a12e535-4816-4a18-8631-1c0e0193033en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6388&group=rec.woodworking#6388

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 21:39:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Bora centipede
From: wrobertd...@gmail.com (Bob Davis)
 by: Bob Davis - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 05:39 UTC

On Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 8:30:56 PM UTC-6, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 10:14:19 -0800 (PST), Bob Davis
> <wrober...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, February 27, 2022 at 3:12:34 PM UTC-6, k...@notreal.com wrote:

> >> I have all sorts of panel movers that I thought were a good idea at
> >> the time. All have one problem or another. I have a Bora Portamate
> >> that looks great on paper but it's simply too heavy to be of any use
> >> bringing panels in from my truck. The latch is in an impossible place
> >> with a panel on it so it's not really of much use around the shop
> >> either.
> >>
> >> My shop is in a walk-out basement. The access is in the rear and
> >> opens out to "grass". I think the casters on the Rockler panel cart
> >> would be way too small to work. It has to go up a step into the
> >> basement, as well.
> >>
> >> I bought a Gorilla Gripper that would break my arm if it weren't
> >> already broken. It's probably OK for 1/2" ply but MDF and melamine
> >> are killers.
> >>
> >> This is about the best I've seen but one still has to lift the panel
> >> over obstacles. The big problem is that the hand bar is just too
> >> narrow. It's only about 1/4" and it needs to be about 1" or perhaps a
> >> little more.
> >>
> >> <https://www.amazon.com/Telpro-Troll-300-Pound-Capacity-Handler/dp/B0000224PA/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=Plywood+Lifting+Tool&qid=1645996066&sr=8-19>
> >
> >It sounds like you would need something like a cross between a garden cart with pneumatic tires and a panel mover. I have not seen such an animal.
> That sounds about right. Anything I'd build would be way too heavy.

Interesting.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200198174_200198174

> There's something in here to think about though.
> >I have a troll panel lift. I bought it about 19 years ago. It is pretty handy. It would be pretty straighforward to add a larger diameter handgrip.
> Exactly. I have one and as you say, it's handle is the problem. The
> handle is a loop so putting on a larger handle is a bit of a problem.
> I haven't figured out how, yet, but maybe a bicycle handgrip on a
> cut-away dowel? ...and a wad of electrical tape? If the handle were
> open, instead of a loop, a dowel and fly-rod shrink tubing would work.
>
> I use one to move sheets around the shop but I don't have to pick them
> up to move them more than a couple of inches and the floor is flat.

Re: Bora centipede

<nNydnZ3zy79V2b__nZ2dnUU7-f-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6396&group=rec.woodworking#6396

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 10:56:40 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 16:56 UTC

On 3/3/2022 11:39 PM, Bob Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 8:30:56 PM UTC-6, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 10:14:19 -0800 (PST), Bob Davis
>> <wrober...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It sounds like you would need something like a cross between a garden cart with pneumatic tires and a panel mover. I have not seen such an animal.
>> That sounds about right. Anything I'd build would be way too heavy.
>
> Interesting.
>
> https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200198174_200198174

And a discount for 6 or more! ;~)

Re: Bora centipede

<rcOdnVg6uuQhG7__nZ2dnUU7-eGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6406&group=rec.woodworking#6406

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 15:38:04 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 21:38 UTC

On 3/4/2022 1:07 PM, krw@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 10:56:40 -0600, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

>>> Interesting.
>>>
>>> https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200198174_200198174
>>

>> And a discount for 6 or more! ;~)
>
> Rollin, rollin, rollin,
> Rollin, rollin, rollin,
> Head 'em up and move 'em on!

Raw-Hiiiiiide

Re: Bora centipede

<5eb156eb-9053-47b5-89bb-1d96eed35488n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6409&group=rec.woodworking#6409

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 14:00:47 -0800 (PST)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 22:00 UTC

On Friday, March 4, 2022 at 2:03:21 PM UTC-5, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2022 21:39:21 -0800 (PST), Bob Davis
> <wrober...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 8:30:56 PM UTC-6, k...@notreal.com wrote:

> >> That sounds about right. Anything I'd build would be way too heavy.
> >
> >Interesting.
> >
> >https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200198174_200198174
> How does that move a sheet of plywood (or two sheets of drywall)?

OK, how about this then? Move, cut, assemble, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/T0uPb2s.jpg

All you need to do is add these:

https://i.imgur.com/71dos8Z.jpg

Re: Bora centipede

<8ea6352a-20be-4304-ac2b-9222a51cb334n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6411&group=rec.woodworking#6411

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 15:10:44 -0800 (PST)
From: wrobertd...@gmail.com (Bob Davis)
 by: Bob Davis - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:10 UTC

On Friday, March 4, 2022 at 1:03:21 PM UTC-6, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2022 21:39:21 -0800 (PST), Bob Davis
> <wrober...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 8:30:56 PM UTC-6, k...@notreal.com wrote:

> >> That sounds about right. Anything I'd build would be way too heavy.
> >
> >Interesting.
> >
> >https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200198174_200198174
> How does that move a sheet of plywood (or two sheets of drywall)?
> >

> >> There's something in here to think about though.
> >> Exactly. I have one and as you say, it's handle is the problem. The
> >> handle is a loop so putting on a larger handle is a bit of a problem.
> >> I haven't figured out how, yet, but maybe a bicycle handgrip on a
> >> cut-away dowel? ...and a wad of electrical tape? If the handle were
> >> open, instead of a loop, a dowel and fly-rod shrink tubing would work.
> >>
> >> I use one to move sheets around the shop but I don't have to pick them
> >> up to move them more than a couple of inches and the floor is flat.

I thought since it was same bed length as most short bed pickups, it might hold a sheet of plywood. It certainly has easier rolling wheels compared casters on other carts mentioned. 3/4" MDF would still be a challenge

Re: Bora centipede

<be091b86-2606-4ccd-8fae-5c0ccc0647e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6420&group=rec.woodworking#6420

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 16:51:18 -0800 (PST)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 00:51 UTC

On Friday, March 4, 2022 at 6:15:56 PM UTC-5, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 14:00:47 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
> <teama...@eznet.net> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, March 4, 2022 at 2:03:21 PM UTC-5, k...@notreal.com wrote:

> >> How does that move a sheet of plywood (or two sheets of drywall)?
> >
> >OK, how about this then? Move, cut, assemble, etc.
> >
> >https://i.imgur.com/T0uPb2s.jpg
> >
> >All you need to do is add these:
> >
> >https://i.imgur.com/71dos8Z.jpg
> I guess I'm looking to go off-road.

Well, you do need to get stuff into your backyard, down the step, etc.

> I got to thinking about these:
> <https://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-pneumatic-tire-with-gold-hub-41475..html>

Run away. Those cheap tube tires will go flat and stay flat. BTDT

I replaced the wheels/tires on my 2-wheeled lawn cart with these. Flat free..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BCLJZN4

> with some aluminum channel to make a larger-wheeled version of
> <https://www.amazon.com/Telpro-Troll-300-Pound-Capacity-Handler/dp/B0000224PA/ref=sr_1_35>Or
> While looking for a picture of the above, I found these:
> <https://www.amazon.com/Weha-Yellow-Install-Pneumatic-Capacity/dp/B06X19G4X6/ref=sr_1_24>
>
> <https://www.amazon.com/Strongway-Panel-Dolly-Pneumatic-Wheels/dp/B07RV54ZC6/ref=sr_1_12>
>
> Close

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Bora centipede

<027bb472-3d01-466e-8c2a-c58b7033fce7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6423&group=rec.woodworking#6423

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 19:26:51 -0800 (PST)
From: wrobertd...@gmail.com (Bob Davis)
 by: Bob Davis - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 03:26 UTC

<2a7aac10-33ce-4326-a88d-bbd1f104e532n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6426&group=rec.woodworking#6426

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 06:35:57 -0800 (PST)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 14:35 UTC

<5cd9b82b-6b18-4f4b-836c-bb47b5f54640n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6437&group=rec.woodworking#6437

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:46:05 -0800 (PST)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 21:46 UTC

<92dd8769-856c-43b7-a40c-a66c72aca65bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6438&group=rec.woodworking#6438

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 15:33:12 -0800 (PST)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 23:33 UTC

<3vKdnXmV2LQEbr7_nZ2dnUU7-UmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6439&group=rec.woodworking#6439

Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 17:34:49 -0600