We have lingered long enough on the shores of the Cosmic Ocean. -- Carl Sagan

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

SubjectAuthor
* Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetLarry Mehl
+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
|+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
|||+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
|||+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
|||`* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetLarry Mehl
||| `- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||`* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetLarry Mehl
|| `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
||  +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||  `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
||   +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||   `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
||    `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||     +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
||     `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
||      `- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
|+- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
|`- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
`* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
 +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
 `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
  +* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
  |`- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
  `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
   `- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03

Pages:12
Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<spo8eh1iu32t4a76n2vi707gpm33grogif@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7507&group=rec.woodworking#7507

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:52:06 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:52 UTC

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:07:14 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
<slmehl420@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 11:43:38 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>> > John --
>> > Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
>> > The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
>> > What do you and other readers think of the Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
>> You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.
>
>I changed my mind ... I now don't think soft close is important for a bedside table/cabinet.

I'd go for the little more money and do the soft-close for any
furniture but in particular bedside tables. Sometimes I reach for the
drawers while in bed. It would be nice if the drawers closed that
last inch without being pushed. Just my preference.

>My typo ... The DUR45B comes in a 14".

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<0afb6aab-e026-4848-aac1-cf918e3d9fban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7508&group=rec.woodworking#7508

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:52:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: slmehl...@gmail.com (Larry Mehl)
 by: Larry Mehl - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:52 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 3:47:08 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

> > > I have purchased slides from WWH in the past. The example I've been using for
> > > the OP are the KV 8450FM 14".
> > >
> > > $98 with free shipping for 4 pairs on Amazon, $132 with shipping from WWH.
> > >
> > > I can't seem to get to the Cornerstone site. Both your link and the same link
> > > found via a Google search for Cornerstone don't work. I tried 2 different
> > > devices, one on my WiFi, one not. Same error.
> > >
> > > This site can’t be reached
> > > www.cabinethardware.com’s server IP address could not be found.
> > >
> > https://www.cabinethardware.com/
> >
> > Past that google cornerstone Hardware.
> I did, earlier. The link returned by the Google search (same link as yours) did not work,
> but it is working now. It definitely wasn't working when I tried it at 1:43PM EST.
>
> The same 2 devices (PC and smartphone) that presented the IP error earlier can both
> access the website now. I know I haven't changed anything. Haven't even closed my
> browsers.
>
> They must have had a short term outage.
I sometimes have personal short term outages !

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<e4f560c9-0322-4b8f-9d10-d20505c05986n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7510&group=rec.woodworking#7510

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:32:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 23:32 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 6:52:12 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:07:14 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
> <slme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.
> >
> >I changed my mind ... I now don't think soft close is important for a bedside table/cabinet.
> I'd go for the little more money and do the soft-close for any
> furniture but in particular bedside tables. Sometimes I reach for the
> drawers while in bed. It would be nice if the drawers closed that
> last inch without being pushed. Just my preference.

+1

I just can't see myself going through the work of building a bedside cabinet
(or any cabinet) around a $6.44 slide.

But hey, I've over-built more than few things in my day. ;-)

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<kv79eh9q2ta6ke7pcslad6c52gfh35qgec@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7511&group=rec.woodworking#7511

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com> <4hf7eh9jbrj6925meg3fmh1unthg22srl9@4ax.com> <c4eabee3-2c41-4654-af46-fd942766df93n@googlegroups.com> <KlydnbHpSIcunXn_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <472aec8a-b506-4ccf-b03f-54e7e59269afn@googlegroups.com> <LYicnX28NYQsw3n_nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com> <8d90651c-053e-4aff-af05-513604edd40en@googlegroups.com> <0afb6aab-e026-4848-aac1-cf918e3d9fban@googlegroups.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 23:06:11 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 03:06 UTC

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:52:09 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
<slmehl420@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 3:47:08 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>> > https://www.cabinethardware.com/
>> >
>> > Past that google cornerstone Hardware.
>> I did, earlier. The link returned by the Google search (same link as yours) did not work,
>> but it is working now. It definitely wasn't working when I tried it at 1:43PM EST.
>>
>> The same 2 devices (PC and smartphone) that presented the IP error earlier can both
>> access the website now. I know I haven't changed anything. Haven't even closed my
>> browsers.
>>
>> They must have had a short term outage.
>I sometimes have personal short term outages !

Seems pretty personal for an open forum, eh?

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<tv99ehtlnjbbmq5mk35pk42q264gmvmcon@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7512&group=rec.woodworking#7512

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <c765a351-124c-4a12-bdfc-cd767dc812ebn@googlegroups.com> <b581ehhharn4m53qtvi84gpjhmko2pivp6@4ax.com> <ff1ccddc-0ab9-495a-ab77-b4d01c177acan@googlegroups.com> <spv4ehdh0mocjomshap3fp7821mf60j0mp@4ax.com> <e689cf18-4d80-493b-a1b6-92462dee3351n@googlegroups.com> <59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com> <7871d1c4-d791-4f49-b8ea-f2ace57b39b2n@googlegroups.com> <spo8eh1iu32t4a76n2vi707gpm33grogif@4ax.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 23:49:14 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 03:49 UTC

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:52:06 -0400, krw@notreal.com wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:07:14 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
><slmehl420@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.
>>
>>I changed my mind ... I now don't think soft close is important for a bedside table/cabinet.
>
>I'd go for the little more money and do the soft-close for any
>furniture but in particular bedside tables. Sometimes I reach for the
>drawers while in bed. It would be nice if the drawers closed that
>last inch without being pushed. Just my preference.

Soft close doesn't need to cost very much more -
- does a person really need 100 lb. ball bearing slides
in a bedside drawer ?
I'd give some consideration to these two examples :

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/55143-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6235

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/46580-european-kitchen-slides?item=02K5114

I'm not touting LV as the only retail source -
but it's a good web site for comparison and info.
John T.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<98426583-5bdd-4ccf-b8eb-caa6b8c2ab99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7513&group=rec.woodworking#7513

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:37:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 05:37 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11:48:55 PM UTC-4, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:52:06 -0400, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:07:14 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
> ><slme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>I changed my mind ... I now don't think soft close is important for a bedside table/cabinet.
> >
> >I'd go for the little more money and do the soft-close for any
> >furniture but in particular bedside tables. Sometimes I reach for the
> >drawers while in bed. It would be nice if the drawers closed that
> >last inch without being pushed. Just my preference.
> >

> Soft close doesn't need to cost very much more -
> - does a person really need 100 lb. ball bearing slides
> in a bedside drawer ?
> I'd give some consideration to these two examples :
>
> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/55143-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6235
>
> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/46580-european-kitchen-slides?item=02K5114
>
> I'm not touting LV as the only retail source -
> but it's a good web site for comparison and info.
> John T.

They are both ~3/4 extension slides. I’m a full extension kind of guy. ;-)

I also prefer ball bearings vs. captive roller.

I know, I’m picky.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<36daehtgkjd1fed3k026mqpgs7u7ami4c3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7514&group=rec.woodworking#7514

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <c765a351-124c-4a12-bdfc-cd767dc812ebn@googlegroups.com> <b581ehhharn4m53qtvi84gpjhmko2pivp6@4ax.com> <ff1ccddc-0ab9-495a-ab77-b4d01c177acan@googlegroups.com> <spv4ehdh0mocjomshap3fp7821mf60j0mp@4ax.com> <e689cf18-4d80-493b-a1b6-92462dee3351n@googlegroups.com> <59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com> <7871d1c4-d791-4f49-b8ea-f2ace57b39b2n@googlegroups.com> <spo8eh1iu32t4a76n2vi707gpm33grogif@4ax.com> <tv99ehtlnjbbmq5mk35pk42q264gmvmcon@4ax.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 09:49:53 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 13:49 UTC

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 23:49:14 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:52:06 -0400, krw@notreal.com wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:07:14 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
>><slmehl420@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I changed my mind ... I now don't think soft close is important for a bedside table/cabinet.
>>
>>I'd go for the little more money and do the soft-close for any
>>furniture but in particular bedside tables. Sometimes I reach for the
>>drawers while in bed. It would be nice if the drawers closed that
>>last inch without being pushed. Just my preference.
>>

> Soft close doesn't need to cost very much more -
> - does a person really need 100 lb. ball bearing slides
>in a bedside drawer ?

Given the total cost of the night stand, a few more bucks doesn't
matter much. Just my opinion.

> I'd give some consideration to these two examples :
>
>https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/55143-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6235
>
>https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/46580-european-kitchen-slides?item=02K5114
>
>I'm not touting LV as the only retail source -
>but it's a good web site for comparison and info.

There is nothing wrong with LV. I've ordered from them occasionally.
BTW, if you have a problem with squoze toothpaste, LV has a really
slick (simple and works extremely well) toothpaste tube squeezer.
<https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/home/personal-accessories/mobility-aids/110501-tube-squeezer?item=45K1000>

My wife appreciated their stainless garden tools.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<il6dnShHltve9Xj_nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7515&group=rec.woodworking#7515

Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:20:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 17:20 UTC

On 7/29/2022 5:47 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
> On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 8:46:38 AM UTC-7, Leon wrote:

>>> Is it just about price?
>>>
>>> The KV's, available from Amazon (and other sources) run ~$24, the Lee Valley's are ~$15. It sounds
>>> like the OP needs 4 pairs, so both would be above the free shipping point.
>>>
>>> $98 for the KV's vs $60 for the LV's, before tax
>>>
>>> I know the KV's, I don't know the LV's. They call them "our slides" but I doubt they actually
>>> make them, so tracking down the actual manufacturer might be difficult (might not be, I
>>> haven't tried.) Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any reviews of the LV slides on their website.
>>>
>>> Since it looks like both offer free shipping and free returns (I think) I'd probably buy both
>>> and compare them side by side.
>>>
>> WoodWorkers Hardware is a source for slides that I have used for decades.
>>
>> https://www.wwhardware.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aG6A0InEmwXO4IQ1HLvRaGdiiejFa_H-Xcz6hdkEjgzOPkSI5IQpQ4aAl0yEALw_wcB
>>
>> Along with Cornerstone hardware, a local distributor.
>>
>> https://www.cabinethardware.com/Default.asp
> Thanks. There is an Amazon dealer named Woodworkers Hardware.

Yes, and IIRC their web site is wwhardware.com

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<daeae08d-ff38-4227-8554-b4cc1e69f8a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7517&group=rec.woodworking#7517

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 19:46 UTC

On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 9:50:00 AM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 23:49:14 -0400, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:52:06 -0400, k...@notreal.com wrote:

> >>I'd go for the little more money and do the soft-close for any
> >>furniture but in particular bedside tables. Sometimes I reach for the
> >>drawers while in bed. It would be nice if the drawers closed that
> >>last inch without being pushed. Just my preference.
> >>

> > Soft close doesn't need to cost very much more -
> > - does a person really need 100 lb. ball bearing slides
> >in a bedside drawer ?
> Given the total cost of the night stand, a few more bucks doesn't
> matter much. Just my opinion.
> > I'd give some consideration to these two examples :
> >
> >https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/55143-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6235
> >
> >https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/46580-european-kitchen-slides?item=02K5114
> >
> >I'm not touting LV as the only retail source -
> >but it's a good web site for comparison and info.
> There is nothing wrong with LV. I've ordered from them occasionally.
> BTW, if you have a problem with squoze toothpaste, LV has a really
> slick (simple and works extremely well) toothpaste tube squeezer.
> <https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/home/personal-accessories/mobility-aids/110501-tube-squeezer?item=45K1000>

Going *way* off topic here...

My dentist recommends brushing with Listerine Antiseptic or an equivalent antiseptic
mouthwash. Match the ingredients in Listerine Antiseptic as shown here. Easy to find.

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=78e2e172-09a4-4bf1-9871-d099c49087be&type=display

2 years ago I was heading towards thousands of dollars of gum work. Bleeding, inflammation, etc.
My dentist said "Before we go down that path, let's try this first: Floss with a Waterpik before brushing,
then use an electric toothbrush dipped in Listerine Antiseptic or equivalent."

Now my hygienist says things like "Healthiest gums I've seen all day. Keep it up."

I'll never go back to toothpaste.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<knfbehl4brd36b8tjc1jppnnifdqa52l21@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7518&group=rec.woodworking#7518

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <ff1ccddc-0ab9-495a-ab77-b4d01c177acan@googlegroups.com> <spv4ehdh0mocjomshap3fp7821mf60j0mp@4ax.com> <e689cf18-4d80-493b-a1b6-92462dee3351n@googlegroups.com> <59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com> <7871d1c4-d791-4f49-b8ea-f2ace57b39b2n@googlegroups.com> <spo8eh1iu32t4a76n2vi707gpm33grogif@4ax.com> <tv99ehtlnjbbmq5mk35pk42q264gmvmcon@4ax.com> <36daehtgkjd1fed3k026mqpgs7u7ami4c3@4ax.com> <daeae08d-ff38-4227-8554-b4cc1e69f8a0n@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 19:31:37 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 23:31 UTC

On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 12:46:26 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
<teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 9:50:00 AM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:

>> > Soft close doesn't need to cost very much more -
>> > - does a person really need 100 lb. ball bearing slides
>> >in a bedside drawer ?
>> Given the total cost of the night stand, a few more bucks doesn't
>> matter much. Just my opinion.
>> > I'd give some consideration to these two examples :
>> >
>> >https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/55143-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6235
>> >
>> >https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/46580-european-kitchen-slides?item=02K5114
>> >
>> >I'm not touting LV as the only retail source -
>> >but it's a good web site for comparison and info.
>> There is nothing wrong with LV. I've ordered from them occasionally.
>> BTW, if you have a problem with squoze toothpaste, LV has a really
>> slick (simple and works extremely well) toothpaste tube squeezer.
>> <https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/home/personal-accessories/mobility-aids/110501-tube-squeezer?item=45K1000>
>>

>Going *way* off topic here...
>
>My dentist recommends brushing with Listerine Antiseptic or an equivalent antiseptic
>mouthwash. Match the ingredients in Listerine Antiseptic as shown here. Easy to find.
>
>https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=78e2e172-09a4-4bf1-9871-d099c49087be&type=display
>
>2 years ago I was heading towards thousands of dollars of gum work. Bleeding, inflammation, etc.
>My dentist said "Before we go down that path, let's try this first: Floss with a Waterpik before brushing,
>then use an electric toothbrush dipped in Listerine Antiseptic or equivalent."
>
>Now my hygienist says things like "Healthiest gums I've seen all day. Keep it up."
>
>I'll never go back to toothpaste.

I use a waterpic, floss, toothbrush/paste, hydrogen peroxide, then an
alcohol based mouthwash (Walmart).

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<hDidnTmtv5AmeXj_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7519&group=rec.woodworking#7519

Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 21:11:44 -0500
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
<daeae08d-ff38-4227-8554-b4cc1e69f8a0n@googlegroups.com>
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 02:11 UTC

On 7/30/2022 2:46 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 9:50:00 AM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:

>>> Soft close doesn't need to cost very much more -
>>> - does a person really need 100 lb. ball bearing slides
>>> in a bedside drawer ?
>> Given the total cost of the night stand, a few more bucks doesn't
>> matter much. Just my opinion.
>>> I'd give some consideration to these two examples :
>>>
>>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/55143-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6235
>>>
>>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/46580-european-kitchen-slides?item=02K5114
>>>
>>> I'm not touting LV as the only retail source -
>>> but it's a good web site for comparison and info.
>> There is nothing wrong with LV. I've ordered from them occasionally.
>> BTW, if you have a problem with squoze toothpaste, LV has a really
>> slick (simple and works extremely well) toothpaste tube squeezer.
>> <https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/home/personal-accessories/mobility-aids/110501-tube-squeezer?item=45K1000>
>>

> Going *way* off topic here...
>
> My dentist recommends brushing with Listerine Antiseptic or an equivalent antiseptic
> mouthwash. Match the ingredients in Listerine Antiseptic as shown here. Easy to find.
>
> https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=78e2e172-09a4-4bf1-9871-d099c49087be&type=display
>
> 2 years ago I was heading towards thousands of dollars of gum work. Bleeding, inflammation, etc.
> My dentist said "Before we go down that path, let's try this first: Floss with a Waterpik before brushing,
> then use an electric toothbrush dipped in Listerine Antiseptic or equivalent."
>
> Now my hygienist says things like "Healthiest gums I've seen all day. Keep it up."
>
> I'll never go back to toothpaste.
+

Actually tooth paste is just something to flavor the massage. I have
used a Brawn electric tooth brush for decades, no issues at the dentist.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<2kldeh5ek0a8s51eej1mb3nfd8m1ma1m53@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7520&group=rec.woodworking#7520

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <spv4ehdh0mocjomshap3fp7821mf60j0mp@4ax.com> <e689cf18-4d80-493b-a1b6-92462dee3351n@googlegroups.com> <59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com> <7871d1c4-d791-4f49-b8ea-f2ace57b39b2n@googlegroups.com> <spo8eh1iu32t4a76n2vi707gpm33grogif@4ax.com> <tv99ehtlnjbbmq5mk35pk42q264gmvmcon@4ax.com> <36daehtgkjd1fed3k026mqpgs7u7ami4c3@4ax.com> <daeae08d-ff38-4227-8554-b4cc1e69f8a0n@googlegroups.com> <hDidnTmtv5AmeXj_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 15:25:06 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 19:25 UTC

On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 21:11:44 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:

>On 7/30/2022 2:46 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>>> Given the total cost of the night stand, a few more bucks doesn't
>>> matter much. Just my opinion.

>>> There is nothing wrong with LV. I've ordered from them occasionally.
>>> BTW, if you have a problem with squoze toothpaste, LV has a really
>>> slick (simple and works extremely well) toothpaste tube squeezer.
>>> <https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/home/personal-accessories/mobility-aids/110501-tube-squeezer?item=45K1000>
>>>

>> Going *way* off topic here...
>>
>> My dentist recommends brushing with Listerine Antiseptic or an equivalent antiseptic
>> mouthwash. Match the ingredients in Listerine Antiseptic as shown here. Easy to find.
>>
>> https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/fda/fdaDrugXsl.cfm?setid=78e2e172-09a4-4bf1-9871-d099c49087be&type=display
>>
>> 2 years ago I was heading towards thousands of dollars of gum work. Bleeding, inflammation, etc.
>> My dentist said "Before we go down that path, let's try this first: Floss with a Waterpik before brushing,
>> then use an electric toothbrush dipped in Listerine Antiseptic or equivalent."
>>
>> Now my hygienist says things like "Healthiest gums I've seen all day. Keep it up."
>>
>> I'll never go back to toothpaste.
>+
>
>Actually tooth paste is just something to flavor the massage. I have
>used a Brawn electric tooth brush for decades, no issues at the dentist.

There are also abrasives, fluoride, and detergents (to foam and keep
the fluoride clingy). Sweetness and flavors are added because the
other stuff isn't particularly tasty.