From: toi...@tr.com (kitaro.)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: [Myanmar Needs a New Kind of Democracy] Re: Failed State Myanmar?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 00:41:42 +0800
 by: kitaro. - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 16:41 UTC

Missing first line read: The government caused the displeasure of the
general who holds 3 portfolios....

"kitaro." wrote in message news:sdhf5d$jcg$1@dont-email.me...

ze caused the displeasure of the general who holds 3 portfolios feels
isolated from the elected government,

The general feels slighted whenever other issues in other portfolios were
not confer and consulted with him and now even approved by him.

As usual, general especially in heading the military junta is not happy when
he feel being distanced and isolated from the main streams affairs that
actually running the country by the elected civilian government.

His power of his chosen 3 portfolios have nothing for him to do or change
nor improved anymore. The 3 portfolios just carry on their mundane job as
though hey still run the military way of life under the military junta.

When he feels isolated and distanced by the main government, he feels not
connected anymore. Hence with slightest chance of election voting complaint,
he would use his military power to seize and arrest the government.

He still thinks he is the military junta and not a minister of those 3
portfolios anymore. He thinks his military junta is still higher than the
other government runs by the civilian party. In short, he thinks his 4
portfolios is not equal to the other portfolios held by the other
government.

Henceforth, the seizure of the elected government is the only way to correct
the not-connected by the elected government.

Seriously, if one were to run the government, one should also put the
general on a creation of unique top civilian government posts for him, such
as vice president of the country, or senior minister, or deputy prime
minister, or special advisor to the prime minister or president.

It is like one owning a company would put his himself as chairman, and CEO
or managing director, and his wife as president or vice president or special
advisor. This is ensure the wife is recognise as participatory minister on
other portfolios as well.

Henceforth, the only way to resolve the current crises, is to put the
general to newly created title in the civilian government.

"ltlee1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 12:12:16 PM UTC-4, rezinki wrote:
> Even though the real power is Aung San Suu Kyi, the military leadership is
> still holding the power to "dethrone" anyone.

Why would the military dethrone Augn San Suu Kyi if democracy the Western
way was doing well?
Myamanese loves Aung San Suu Kyi. She is their hero. They voted for her even
when the
economy was collapsing and Myanmar was becoming a failed state. That is
exactly why
Thant Myint-U, an ultimate insider with access to both Aung San Suu Kyi and
the generals was
and is desperately looking for a new path to democracy.

> [...]
> > >
> > > Burma is running out of time. The country needs a radical agenda to
> > > fight
> > > inequality and prepare for the climate emergency to come. It needs as
> > > well
> > > a new story that embraces its diversity, celebrates its natural
> > > environment, and aspires to a new way of life. Perhaps most of all,
> > > Burma
> > > needs a new project of the imagination." (The Hidden History of Burma)
> >
> > Thant Myint-U warned about Fail State Myanmar about 18 months ago.
> > Posters of this forum in general expressed disbelief. Because Myanmar
> > had
> > Democracy voted in by the people free and fair.
> > Today, Fail State Myanmar is a reality.
> >
> > What does Myanmar need?
> > The title of his New York Times article made it clear: "Myanmar Needs a
> > New
> > Kind of Democracy."
> >
> > "Myanmar needs a fresh path to democracy. Free and fair elections (and
> > respect for the results) are essential. But also essential is the
> > transformation of a society shaped by decades of dictatorship,
> > international
> > isolation, brutal armed conflict, racial and religious discrimination,
> > extreme poverty and widening inequality. A narrow focus on political
> > change
> > will mean only the continued military domination of this country of 54
> > million people.
> > What’s important, too, at this moment of crisis is to recognize the
> > depth
> > of
> > Myanmar’s challenges and to understand that progress toward democracy is
> > impossible without progress on a range of fronts, from racial
> > discrimination
> > and violent conflict to inequality and underdevelopment. The outside
> > world
> > can help by ensuring that ordinary people’s lives and livelihoods are
> > protected, and by encouraging this broader focus on the need for social
> > and
> > economic as well as political change.
> >
> > A desperately poor and unequal country at war with itself won’t produce
> > anything other than a facade of democracy. The aim should be not the
> > hybrid
> > constitution of the past decade but a fairer and more democratic society
> > for
> > all of Myanmar’s people."
> >
> > Voting can certainly produce a facade of democracy. But that will also
> > mark
> > the end point of fair and free election. Indeed the world, as well as
> > Myanmar, needs new path to democracy. 20th century Western orthodox
> > democracy cannot handle the challenge of 21st century problem. Myanmar
> > is
> > exhibit #1. Strong government with the ability to plan, deploy and
> > execute
> > tough reform wholesale is a must for true democracy.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o [Myanmar Needs a New Kind of Democracy] Re: Failed State Myanmar?

By: ltlee1 on Sun, 18 Jul 2021

10ltlee1