Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS

register   nodelist   faq

Your account also provides newsreader access to all groups at news.i2pn2.org port 119 or 563 (TLS)

rocksolid / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)

SubjectAuthor
* social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Anonymous
+* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|`- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
+* done, fixed it.Anonymous
|`- Re: done, fixed it.AnonUser
+* wtf ?Anonymous
|`- Re: wtf ?Retro Guy
+* NoneAnonymous
|+- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|`* Re: Noneanon
| `* Re: Noneanonymous
|  `* Re: Noneanonymous
|   +* Re: Noneanon
|   |+- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|   |`- Re: NoneRetro Guy
|   `* Re: NoneRetro Guy
|    `* Re: Noneanon
|     `- Re: NoneRetro Guy
+- another thoughtAnonymous
+- >I'm seeing all sorts of strange shit from def2.Anonymous
+* ok than, i will switch backAnonymous
|+- Re: ok than, i will switch backanon
|`- Re: ok than, i will switch backRetro Guy
+* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
|`* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
| +* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anon
| |`* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| | `- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
| `* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|  `* Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)Retro Guy
|   `- Re: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)anonymous
+- there are other issuesAnonymous
`* x referencesAnonymous
 `- Re: x referencesRetro Guy

Pages:1234
Subject: social and programming are out again on def2 (rslight)
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 08:43 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:43:35 -0700
making a new thread here. after the missing messages have been downloaded, both went out again.
i guess something is still messing up the index files.

Posted on def2.i2p

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:16 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:16 UTC
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

making a new thread here. after the missing messages have been downloaded, both went out again.
i guess something is still messing up the index files.

Could you try this again with both r.progamming and r.social please:

$ ls rocksolid.programming-* -ldh
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 4.6K May 31 23:04 rocksolid.programming-1-100.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data    0 May 31 23:04 rocksolid.programming-cache.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data  38K May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-data.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data   51 May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-info.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data   97 May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-lastarticleinfo.dat

Don't delete these:
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data   56 May 30 12:31 rocksolid.programming-title
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data  16K May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-overview
www.novabbs.com

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:28 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:28 UTC
View all headers
Retro Guy wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

making a new thread here. after the missing messages have been downloaded, both went out again.
i guess something is still messing up the index files.

Could you try this again with both r.progamming and r.social please:

$ ls rocksolid.programming-* -ldh
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 4.6K May 31 23:04 rocksolid.programming-1-100.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data    0 May 31 23:04 rocksolid.programming-cache.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data  38K May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-data.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data   51 May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-info.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data   97 May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-lastarticleinfo.dat

Don't delete these:
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data   56 May 30 12:31 rocksolid.programming-title
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data  16K May 31 13:03 rocksolid.programming-overview

A script containing: #!/bin/bash
rm -- *-cache.txt
rm -- *-data.dat
rm -- *-info.txt
rm -- *-lastarticleinfo.dat
rm -- *-1-100.html

when run from the /var/spool/rslight directory, will delete all rslight cache files for all groups. This is harmless as they are re-created as needed. But if they're messed up, it can't fix them so deleting them is fine.

www.novabbs.com

Subject: done, fixed it.
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:15 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 03:15:17 -0700
at least for now. my guess is this will happen again.

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: wtf ?
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:22 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 03:22:27 -0700
the last thread just disappeared from social. how does that work ?

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: Re: done, fixed it.
From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:24 UTC
From: AnonU...@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:24 UTC
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

at least for now. my guess is this will happen again.

If it happens again, I'd like to see if it happens if we disable any scripts calling functions in rslight that are external to rslight.

It's strange that this does not happen on my test site or any of my sites. If we can determine if calling functions from rslight externally causes a problem, we know where to work on finding a fix. If it continues to happen when not doing so, that gives me another direction to look for problems.

If it only happens when vichan calls a function in rslight, I'd like to consider duplicating that function elsewhere, and calling that. Obviously I don't know where the problem resides, so just trying to rule things out one by one.

Let's see if it happens again.

news.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: wtf ?
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:31 UTC
From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 10:31 UTC
View all headers
Anonymous wrote:

the last thread just disappeared from social. how does that work ?

I'm seeing all sorts of strange shit from def2. Why is the Organization: line not set? Why does the footer not work properly. Wtf? These are things that haven't changed over several versions of rslight.

Could you tell me exactly what version of Debian you are using? I'd like to install that tomorrow and install rslight on it. I'm running on Buster ans Stretch currently. No problems with either. Also FreeBSD 12.

news.novabbs.com

Subject: None
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:03 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 04:03:49 -0700
If it happens again, I'd like to see if it happens if we disable any scripts calling functions in rslight that are external to rslight.

I can shut that off, now problem. than i just have to switch def2.i2p back to rslight.

It's strange that this does not happen on my test site or any of my sites.

Agreed. It should have something to do with my specific setup and usage.

If it only happens when vichan calls a function in rslight, I'd like to consider duplicating that function elsewhere, and calling that.

That would be my prefered option anyways. I did not expect the usage of these functions to have the side effects they do apparently. However, even if they did not, I would prefer to have the two code bases as little touching points as possible (same with vichan).
Guess I will just resort to reading the spool directly, like bbs does. I just need to recode the message parsing then.

Why is the Organization: line not set?

which message is that ? could it be from the vichan side ?

Why does the footer not work properly. Wtf? These are things that haven't changed over several versions of rslight.

i think the footer works as expected (at least i see what i expect to see). what are you missing ?
might have to do with older installations still present on my machine (don't see why it would, though) ? or you just assume something works because it does in your setup, and than you discover some hidden dependency or something.
logging all php errors to a file might help with the debugging.

Could you tell me exactly what version of Debian you are using?

cat /etc/debian_version -->
9.12

I guess the right way to debug is really to have separate machines for rslight and vichan. on the other hand if vichan cannot run on the same machine as rslight, i have to change the whole setup. i could let it run on def4 as well (reading the spool directories), but I'm not too keen on doing that.

Guess for the first step I will just halt to import messages to vichan for a while (putting files in the outspool can't hurt, right ?).

Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: another thought
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:13 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 04:13:32 -0700
another thought: would it help to have all the index files rebuild, and than make a snapshot each time these files are changed ?
i guess than we could at least find out in which step the files are corrupted and in what way exactly.
this could be a little debug routine that just writes a backup of any such file before it is changed.

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: >I'm seeing all sorts of strange shit from def2.
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:20 UTC
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 04:20:36 -0700
lol, I will not charge you for the beta testing, it's on the house.

--
Posted on def2.i2p