Subject: http://meshforum.i2p
From: 34242423@anon.com (34242423)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 22:03 UTC

extremely nice looking new forum...

http://hp2uzysaur74tbeojtlcsl7apsy2jgqxydd7b5asgvztihz76jia.b32.i2p

Posted on def4

Subject: Re: http://meshforum.i2p
From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-6lv-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 01:33 UTC
  To: 34242423
34242423 wrote:

extremely nice looking new forum...

http://hp2uzysaur74tbeojtlcsl7apsy2jgqxydd7b5asgvztihz76jia.b32.i2p

From faq:
Why Flarum?

"Because it fast, it doesn't suck, source code is clean and it's much more eye-candy than 95% of forum software in the wild. Note - it's beautiful by default."

I checked out Farlum in the past and it really is nice looking software.

Also:
"When registering you have to specify your real email address (one-time thing is also okay). i2p users should use clearnet i2p emails (user@i2pmail.org instead of user@mail.i2p)."

I wonder why this is required.

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 08:57 UTC

I checked out Farlum in the past and it really is nice looking software.

Isn't it ? If only it could speak nntp...or maybe that is something we could even do on our own ? It is written in php, after all, so one should be able to reuse code from ff or rslight...

Also: "When registering you have to specify your real email address (one-time thing is also okay). i2p users should use clearnet i2p emails (user@i2pmail.org instead of user@mail.i2p)." I wonder why this is required.

Well, I guess there is an engine that sends a welcome mail or something, and this cannot deal with i2p addresses.

If we wanted to use flarum, I guess it would be pretty straightforward...I have half a mind to drop bbs and start using this one...it is just looking so nice....

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:11 UTC

of course the use of js could be a dealbreaker....although this seems to work without as well...

Posted on def4

From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:17 UTC
On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 08:57:56+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:

I checked out Farlum in the past and it really is nice looking
software.

Isn't it ? If only it could speak nntp...or maybe that is something
we could even do on our own ? It is written in php, after all, so one
should be able to reuse code from ff or rslight...

Also: "When registering you have to specify your real email address
(one-time thing is also okay). i2p users should use clearnet i2p
emails (user@i2pmail.org instead of user@mail.i2p)." I wonder why
this is required.

Well, I guess there is an engine that sends a welcome mail or
something, and this cannot deal with i2p addresses.

I understood that, just wondering if it's possible with flarum to
disable the requirement to verify by email entirely.

If we wanted to use flarum, I guess it would be pretty
straightforward...I have half a mind to drop bbs and start using this
one...it is just looking so nice....

I considered flarum using nntp server as a database, but was too lazy
to put much time into it. It would require, as most forum software
would, conversion from nntp to/from it's database requirements.

From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 09:30 UTC

I understood that, just wondering if it's possible with flarum to disable the requirement to verify by email entirely.

Should be doable in the options.

I considered flarum using nntp server as a database, but was too lazy to put much time into it. It would require, as most forum software would, conversion from nntp to/from it's database requirements.

I had more in mind to just extent it with nntp, replacing the db could be much more effort, I guess
Btw, it could be even more easy to just dump all the messages from the news server into a sql database. In this way, you could pretty much use any forum software that stores its messages in a sql db to participate in the rocksolid groups. Does inn2 not even support sql storage natively ? I have some ideas...