[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

SubjectAuthor
* help me understand this brittany greiner thing......michael anderson
+* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......xyzzy
|+- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......TE
|`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Irish Mike
| `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
|  `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......The NOTBCS Guy
|   +* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
|   |`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Ken Olson
|   | `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
|   |  `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Ken Olson
|   `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......The NOTBCS Guy
|    `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
+* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......RoddyMcCorley
|+* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Irish Mike
||`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......marika
|| `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
|`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......TE
| +- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
| `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......xyzzy
|  `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
+* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......xyzzy
|+* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
||+- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Ken Olson
||`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......The NOTBCS Guy
|| `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
|`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Irish Mike
| +- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
| +* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......RoddyMcCorley
| |`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Irish Mike
| | `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......RoddyMcCorley
| `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......TE
|  `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
+* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Fiz Jr
|`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......m syadoz
| +- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......m syadoz
| `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......m syadoz
`* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......margo nevilles
 `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
  `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......TE
   `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner
    `* Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Ken Olson
     `- Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......Michael Falkner

Pages:12
help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<190974d9-f647-418b-aebe-aa6853af0e4en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63098&group=rec.sport.football.college#63098

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 18:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......
From: mianders...@gmail.com (michael anderson)
 by: michael anderson - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 01:06 UTC

and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
to bring her home?

Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with every single one of our laws when they travel here......

Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.

And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....

I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences. Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....

I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ta05qn$3jtj9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63101&group=rec.sport.football.college#63101

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 01:57:43 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:pcUHdE2n28YiNB20h2VP7zXs3k0=
 by: xyzzy - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 01:57 UTC

michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com> wrote:
> and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
> to bring her home?
>
> Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We
> may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment
> associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with
> every single one of our laws when they travel here......
>
> Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are
> flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may
> be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on
> an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it
> hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
>
> And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe
> it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly
> about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is
> griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not
> guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
>
> I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she
> has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the
> crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to
> another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences.
> Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some
> very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's
> still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going
> through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of
> hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the
> punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is
> their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things
> that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
>
> I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?

I haven’t followed her story that closely but if events are along the lines
of what you described, yeah she’s a dumn bass who fucked around and found
out.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ac9ec82e-caf5-4f1e-a58b-437403150209n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63102&group=rec.sport.football.college#63102

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 19:43:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: randorw...@gmail.com (TE)
 by: TE - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 02:43 UTC

On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 9:57:46 PM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> michael anderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
> > to bring her home?
> >
> > Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We
> > may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment
> > associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with
> > every single one of our laws when they travel here......
> >
> > Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are
> > flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may
> > be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on
> > an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it
> > hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
> >
> > And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe
> > it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly
> > about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is
> > griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not
> > guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
> >
> > I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she
> > has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the
> > crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to
> > another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences.
> > Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some
> > very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's
> > still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going
> > through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of
> > hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the
> > punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is
> > their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things
> > that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
> >
> > I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?
> >
> I haven’t followed her story that closely but if events are along the lines
> of what you described, yeah she’s a dumn bass who fucked around and found
> out.

Didn't she play for a Russian "oligarch?" I thought we were supposed to hate those
guys.

-TE

> --
> “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
> liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<9616951f-6a07-4568-a6b9-e4a6edc142c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63111&group=rec.sport.football.college#63111

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 05:09:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 12:09 UTC

On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 9:57:46 PM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> michael anderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
> > to bring her home?
> >
> > Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We
> > may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment
> > associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with
> > every single one of our laws when they travel here......
> >
> > Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are
> > flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may
> > be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on
> > an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it
> > hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
> >
> > And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe
> > it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly
> > about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is
> > griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not
> > guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
> >
> > I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she
> > has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the
> > crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to
> > another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences.
> > Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some
> > very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's
> > still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going
> > through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of
> > hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the
> > punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is
> > their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things
> > that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
> >
> > I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?
> >
> I haven’t followed her story that closely but if events are along the lines
> of what you described, yeah she’s a dumn bass who fucked around and found

Britney Griner: “I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season,”
Griner said, per The Arizona Republic. “I think we should take that much of a stand.”
“I’m going to protest regardless,” she said. “I’m not going to be out there for the national anthem."

So, look at the bright side. She probably won't hear that American National Anthem
very often in a Russian prison.

Irish Mike

Karma can be a bitch.

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<79283df6-7e06-4059-9cdf-d09bf758e187n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63114&group=rec.sport.football.college#63114

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 12:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 19:09 UTC

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 5:09:41 AM UTC-7, Irish Mike wrote:

> So, look at the bright side. She probably won't hear that American National Anthem
> very often in a Russian prison.

Your political ally will see her dead.

The only reason she still lives -- for now -- is the same reason Putin hasn't tac-nuked portions of the Ukraine.

He's winning. Over here.

Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ta26bu$3ptmu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63117&group=rec.sport.football.college#63117

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 16:19:08 -0400
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 20:19 UTC

On 7/4/2022 9:06 PM, michael anderson wrote:
> and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
> to bring her home?
>
> Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with every single one of our laws when they travel here......
>
> Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
>
> And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
>
> I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences. Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
>
> I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?

Putin just sticking his thumb in Uncle Sam's eye.

If she did carry hash oil on the plane, then that was terribly stupid of
her. But she is a high profile American citizen and we should go to bat
for her.

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<5b7a5a05-949e-4583-a42e-99a26c9099f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63121&group=rec.sport.football.college#63121

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 23:50:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 06:50 UTC

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 4:19:13 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 7/4/2022 9:06 PM, michael anderson wrote:
> > and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
> > to bring her home?
> >
> > Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with every single one of our laws when they travel here......
> >
> > Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
> >
> > And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
> >
> > I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences. Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
> >
> > I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?
> Putin just sticking his thumb in Uncle Sam's eye.

No, Putin just sticking his boot in Joe Biden's ass. Putin hasn't changed -
he invades Ukraine when he sees American weakness. That's why
he invaded Ukraine when Obama was in office. That's why he didn't
try it when Trump was in office. 'That's why he invaded again when
Biden took office.

When the world saw how weak Biden is and how he f--ked up the
Afghanistan withdrawal, no knowledgable person was
at all surprised when Putin invaded Ukraine - again.

Irish Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<e76948fa-caed-41eb-918e-6745bd18621dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63125&group=rec.sport.football.college#63125

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: randorw...@gmail.com (TE)
 by: TE - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 00:34 UTC

On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 4:19:13 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:

> Putin just sticking his thumb in Uncle Sam's eye.

Griner stuck her thumb in Uncle Sam's eye and then turned-around and
went to Russia to play for Putin's oligarchs.

> If she did carry hash oil on the plane, then that was terribly stupid of
> her. But she is a high profile American citizen and we should go to bat
> for her.

She hates America, consorted with the Russians and generates propaganda
for our enemies. She's just where karma wants her.

-TE

Authorities Warn Tonight’s Protests May Escalate From ‘Mostly Peaceful’ To ‘Somewhat Peaceful.’
—The Babylon Bee, Friday.

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<2745fc9c-36b1-4747-a06c-1a9421c95424n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63127&group=rec.sport.football.college#63127

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 00:36 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 5:34:49 PM UTC-7, TE wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 4:19:13 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> > Putin just sticking his thumb in Uncle Sam's eye.
> Griner stuck her thumb in Uncle Sam's eye and then turned-around and
> went to Russia to play for Putin's oligarchs.

Not really. Women's basketball doesn't pay that well here in the States. She is hardly alone in that regard -- Russia is one of a number of women's leagues which has WNBA players in it in the off-season.

> > If she did carry hash oil on the plane, then that was terribly stupid of
> > her. But she is a high profile American citizen and we should go to bat
> > for her.
> She hates America, consorted with the Russians and generates propaganda
> for our enemies. She's just where karma wants her.

I disagree with that too -- your brand of karma would have her dead.

I believe that's coming.

Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ta5elt$94t3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63128&group=rec.sport.football.college#63128

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 01:59:25 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hhnxp2cI5Yq4ufWCffuKCq2amOk=
 by: xyzzy - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 01:59 UTC

TE <randorwell@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 5, 2022 at 4:19:13 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
>
>> Putin just sticking his thumb in Uncle Sam's eye.
>
> Griner stuck her thumb in Uncle Sam's eye and then turned-around and
> went to Russia to play for Putin's oligarchs.
>
>> If she did carry hash oil on the plane, then that was terribly stupid of
>> her. But she is a high profile American citizen and we should go to bat
>> for her.
>
> She hates America, consorted with the Russians and generates propaganda
> for our enemies. She's just where karma wants her.

Oh so now you’re Russophobic too?

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<baf2bc0b-a8de-40a5-ba1f-af9f3bcc5805n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63130&group=rec.sport.football.college#63130

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 19:57:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 02:57 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 6:59:29 PM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:

> Oh so now you’re Russophobic too?

No, he's just another man who wants LGBT's killed and thinks Putin might be more fit to run America than most Americans.

Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<f35ecec7-158a-4a5a-b8f0-c0a1a9788ee9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63132&group=rec.sport.football.college#63132

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 20:41:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: don.p.de...@gmail.com (The NOTBCS Guy)
 by: The NOTBCS Guy - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 03:41 UTC

> > So, look at the bright side. She probably won't hear that American National Anthem
> > very often in a Russian prison.
> Your political ally will see her dead.
>
> The only reason she still lives -- for now -- is the same reason Putin hasn't tac-nuked portions of the Ukraine.
>
> He's winning. Over here.

We've been through this sort of thing before. The consensus is, she'll be involved in a trade - Griner for "Merchant of Death" Viktor Bout. At least with Reagan, he managed to get two of ours for one of theirs.

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<682ded7d-0f0c-43b4-bb25-766667a8322bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63133&group=rec.sport.football.college#63133

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 00:15:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 07:15 UTC

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 8:41:09 PM UTC-7, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:

> We've been through this sort of thing before. The consensus is, she'll be involved in a trade - Griner for "Merchant of Death" Viktor Bout. At least with Reagan, he managed to get two of ours for one of theirs.

You aren't wrong -- but if I'm Putin, WHY?

If I'm Putin, I have to know I'm WINNING.

Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ta6qaf$d904$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63135&group=rec.sport.football.college#63135

From: xyzzy.d...@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 14:24:15 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9cAY3++l3UDR2nlnWappFHDgHzU=
 by: xyzzy - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 14:24 UTC

michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com> wrote:
> and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
> to bring her home?
>
> Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We
> may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment
> associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with
> every single one of our laws when they travel here......
>
> Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are
> flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may
> be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on
> an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it
> hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
>
> And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe
> it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly
> about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is
> griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not
> guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
>
> I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she
> has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the
> crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to
> another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences.
> Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some
> very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's
> still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going
> through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of
> hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the
> punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is
> their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things
> that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
>
> I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?

She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<fe66d3d8-1e94-4f06-80f7-44cb628c5b0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63137&group=rec.sport.football.college#63137

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 10:19:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 17:19 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 7:24:20 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:

> She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years

There is no benefit for the Russians not shooting her outright.

Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<91797d9d-3f51-48e1-85bf-5f09503ded53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63141&group=rec.sport.football.college#63141

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 11:26:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 18:26 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 10:24:20 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> michael anderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
> > to bring her home?
> >
> > Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We
> > may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment
> > associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with
> > every single one of our laws when they travel here......
> >
> > Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are
> > flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may
> > be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on
> > an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it
> > hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
> >
> > And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe
> > it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly
> > about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is
> > griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not
> > guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
> >
> > I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she
> > has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the
> > crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to
> > another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences.
> > Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some
> > very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's
> > still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going
> > through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of
> > hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the
> > punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is
> > their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things
> > that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
> >
> > I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?
> >
> She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years

The Russians don't give a crap about her - she's just a bargaining chip.
Putin will trade her to Biden - assuming someone show's Joe
where Russia is on a map. Biden gave the Taliban $85 Billion in
American military equipment and weapons in Afghanistan.
Not telling what he'll give Russia.

Irish Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<353dc658-a966-4f31-9a66-7a966ab3d696n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63143&group=rec.sport.football.college#63143

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 11:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 18:42 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 11:26:49 AM UTC-7, Irish Mike wrote:

> The Russians don't give a crap about her - she's just a bargaining chip.
> Putin will trade her to Biden - assuming someone show's Joe
> where Russia is on a map. Biden gave the Taliban $85 Billion in
> American military equipment and weapons in Afghanistan.
> Not telling what he'll give Russia.

Putin doesn't have to do shit in that regard -- same reason he hasn't tac-nuked the Ukraine, a NATO base, or an American city.

He's winning.

Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ta79nb$f0e7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63144&group=rec.sport.football.college#63144

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 14:47:08 -0400
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 18:47 UTC

On 7/7/2022 2:26 PM, Irish Mike wrote:
> On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 10:24:20 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
>> michael anderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> and why we should feel bad for her and/or make special deals with russia
>>> to bring her home?
>>>
>>> Best I can tell, nobody is arguing she didn't break the law right? We
>>> may not agree with the laws in each and every country and the punishment
>>> associated with it, but citizens of other countries may not agree with
>>> every single one of our laws when they travel here......
>>>
>>> Furthermore pretty much everyone knows/should know that when you are
>>> flying through other countries or in another country, that their laws may
>>> be different there. Especially the flying part- why she brought hash on
>>> an international flight knowing this is a piece of work.....it makes it
>>> hard to have a lot of sympathy for her.
>>>
>>> And then I see in media here they are saying stuff like "experts believe
>>> it will be a show trial and........" Ummm sorry, but what exactly
>>> about it that we have seen so far makes it appear like a show trial? Is
>>> griener saying the hash was planted on her? Is she saying she is not
>>> guilty? If not, what is the issue about it being a show trial.....
>>>
>>> I guess I just don't understand why we are supposed to care. Yes if she
>>> has to spend years in a russian prison that does seem harsh for the
>>> crime, but again.....it's their country and their laws. When you go to
>>> another country you have to obey their laws or suffer the consequences.
>>> Furthermore it's not like she is being arrested and prosecuted for some
>>> very bizarre thing nobody would have guessed was illegal there.....it's
>>> still illegal in many/most(?) states to have hashish on you when going
>>> through the airport. If I flew back in to birmingham with a bunch of
>>> hash and was caught, I would be arrested as well and prosecuted.....the
>>> punishment in russia is apparently stricter, but hells bells that is
>>> their right as a country. We have stricter punishments for some things
>>> that another country may be more lenient on I'm sure.....
>>>
>>> I just don't see the 'miscarriage of justice' type angle here. Anyone want to help me out?
>>>
>> She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years
>
> The Russians don't give a crap about her - she's just a bargaining chip.
> Putin will trade her to Biden - assuming someone show's Joe
> where Russia is on a map. Biden gave the Taliban $85 Billion in
> American military equipment and weapons in Afghanistan.
> Not telling what he'll give Russia.
>
> Irish Mike, dickhead.

Have a nice day.

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ta7c70$f8nr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63147&group=rec.sport.football.college#63147

From: kol...@freedomnet.org (Ken Olson)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 15:29:36 -0400
 by: Ken Olson - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 19:29 UTC

On 7/7/2022 1:19 PM, Michael Falkner wrote:
> On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 7:24:20 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:
>
>> She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years
>
> There is no benefit for the Russians not shooting her outright.
>
> Mike

There are Russians locked up here that they might trade for her.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<a929f67e-3f48-4e7b-9359-4eda90d66181n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63152&group=rec.sport.football.college#63152

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 16:17:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 23:17 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 2:47:11 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 7/7/2022 2:26 PM, Irish Mike wrote:

> >> She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years
> >
> > The Russians don't give a crap about her - she's just a bargaining chip.
> > Putin will trade her to Biden - assuming someone show's Joe
> > where Russia is on a map. Biden gave the Taliban $85 Billion in
> > American military equipment and weapons in Afghanistan.
> > Not telling what he'll give Russia.
> >
> > Irish Mike, dickhead.

Want to piss off a Conservative - tell him a lie.
Want to piss off a Liberal - tell him the truth.

Irish Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<039b14c1-e499-4786-acf3-4a75e10ccd4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63155&group=rec.sport.football.college#63155

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 16:32:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: don.p.de...@gmail.com (The NOTBCS Guy)
 by: The NOTBCS Guy - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 23:32 UTC

> > She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years

Being convicted, whether by guilty plea or trial, is the first step to being exchanged.

> There is no benefit for the Russians not shooting her outright.

Yes, there is - pretty much every Russian spy/terrorist/"bad guy" that gets caught from that moment on either gets "shot trying to escape" or "hangs himself in his cell awaiting trial" - and if that happens to any American in Russia, that almost guarantees USA will strongarm the rest of NATO into accepting Ukraine as a member.

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<9fac6197-e533-43b8-b9a5-30443feb2f89n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63156&group=rec.sport.football.college#63156

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 16:52:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 23:52 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 4:32:06 PM UTC-7, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
> > > She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years
> Being convicted, whether by guilty plea or trial, is the first step to being exchanged.
> > There is no benefit for the Russians not shooting her outright.
> Yes, there is - pretty much every Russian spy/terrorist/"bad guy" that gets caught from that moment on either gets "shot trying to escape" or "hangs himself in his cell awaiting trial" - and if that happens to any American in Russia, that almost guarantees USA will strongarm the rest of NATO into accepting Ukraine as a member.

Especially when it is clear that the American/NATO side is losing.

What does Putin gain in a deal? He's clearly winning the war -- it just doesn't need to happen Right Damn Now.

Mike

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<3b48e358-2c08-4905-b6ae-dc95015da174n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63157&group=rec.sport.football.college#63157

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 17:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: randorw...@gmail.com (TE)
 by: TE - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 00:26 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 2:26:49 PM UTC-4, Irish Mike wrote:
> On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 10:24:20 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:

> > She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years

> The Russians don't give a crap about her - she's just a bargaining chip.
> Putin will trade her to Biden - assuming someone show's Joe
> where Russia is on a map. Biden gave the Taliban $85 Billion in
> American military equipment and weapons in Afghanistan.
> Not telling what he'll give Russia.

She's an unpleasant person, and I'm gratified that she is going
through an difficult time, but I think that ten years is a disgrace.
The best thing Putin could do, for himself and Russia, is make
a big show of commuting her sentence and sending her home.

She's more of an asset here, in the US, spreading anti-US
propaganda.

-TE

Did you know the fossil fuel industry epitomizes rape culture? Did you
know Bernie’s hand gestures revictimize gay conversion therapy
survivors? If DailyKos became sentient and created a robot body for
itself that resembled a white woman with dreadlocks it would take
Dr. Grist for its mate.

Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......

<ta8e3h$l00n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63159&group=rec.sport.football.college#63159

From: Roddy.Mc...@verizon.net (RoddyMcCorley)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 01:08:00 -0400
 by: RoddyMcCorley - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 05:08 UTC

<06c32eea-42d2-4165-a7b7-54b0f1c66bc1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/sport/article-flat.php?id=63162&group=rec.sport.football.college#63162

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: darkstar...@gmail.com (Michael Falkner)
 by: Michael Falkner - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 15:56 UTC

On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 5:26:17 PM UTC-7, TE wrote:
> On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 2:26:49 PM UTC-4, Irish Mike wrote:
> > On Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 10:24:20 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
>
> > > She just pled guilty and is looking at 10 years
>
> > The Russians don't give a crap about her - she's just a bargaining chip.
> > Putin will trade her to Biden - assuming someone show's Joe
> > where Russia is on a map. Biden gave the Taliban $85 Billion in
> > American military equipment and weapons in Afghanistan.
> > Not telling what he'll give Russia.
> She's an unpleasant person, and I'm gratified that she is going
> through an difficult time, but I think that ten years is a disgrace.
> The best thing Putin could do, for himself and Russia, is make
> a big show of commuting her sentence and sending her home.
>
> She's more of an asset here, in the US, spreading anti-US
> propaganda.

Nice try. To Putin, she's better off dead to make the point to the USA, not only because of the drugs, but because she's a lesbian.

He has SIGNIFICANT support in this country because he might actually get one of his to kill off the LGBT's in this country.

Mike

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: help me understand this brittany greiner thing......