In computing, the mean time to failure keeps getting shorter.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: Gun ownership

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Gun ownershipDon Y
+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|`* Re: OT: Gun ownershipDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
| `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|  +* Re: OT: Gun ownershipcorvid
|  |+- Re: OT: Gun ownershipRicky
|  |`* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|  | +- Re: OT: Gun ownershipRicky
|  | `- Re: OT: Gun ownershipcorvid
|  `- Re: OT: Gun ownershipDecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
+- Re: OT: Gun ownershipRicky
+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipDimiter_Popoff
|+- Re: OT: Gun ownershipDon Y
|`- Re: OT: Gun ownershipbitrex
+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipRalph Mowery
|+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipDon Y
||+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipRalph Mowery
|||+- Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|||`- Re: OT: Gun ownershipDon Y
||`* Re: OT: Gun ownershipbitrex
|| `- Re: OT: Gun ownershipDon Y
|+- Re: OT: Gun ownershipBrian Gregory
|`- Re: OT: Gun ownershipcorvid
+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJoerg
|`* Re: OT: Gun ownershipDon Y
| `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJoerg
|  `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipDon Y
|   `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|    +* Re: OT: Gun ownershipcorvid
|    |`* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|    | `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|    |  `- Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|    `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipDemonicTubes
|     `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|      `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|       `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|        `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|         `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|          `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|           +- Re: OT: Gun ownershipFlyguy
|           +- Re: OT: Gun ownershipMark Eva
|           `- Re: OT: Gun ownershipMark Eva
+- Re: OT: Gun ownershipFred Bloggs
+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|+- Re: OT: Gun ownershipRicky
|+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipRalph Mowery
||`- Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|+* Re: OT: Gun ownershipRalph Mowery
||`- Re: OT: Gun ownershipRicky
|`* Re: OT: Gun ownershipbitrex
| `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|  `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipbitrex
|   `* Re: OT: Gun ownershipJohn Larkin
|    `- Re: OT: Gun ownershipbitrex
`- Re: OT: Gun ownershipJoerg

Pages:123
Re: OT: Gun ownership

<5c6c7b55-d032-4617-936a-e3f82e44df5bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=109504&group=sci.electronics.design#109504

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 22:37:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: Gun ownership
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 05:37 UTC

On Friday, November 4, 2022 at 6:44:53 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 3:46:24 AM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:

> > > But not necessarily an outlaw. People break the law all the time, and you have to do it publicly and ostentatiously to be recognised as a outlaw..
> > >
> > > https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/outlaw
> > >
> > > 1 : a person excluded from the benefit or protection of the law
> > > 2a : a lawless person or a fugitive from the law
> > > b : a person or organization under a ban or restriction
> > > c : one that is unconventional or rebellious
> > > 3 : an animal (such as a horse) that is wild and unmanageable

> > > Gnatguy should put in some work on understanding English. Granting his enthusiasm for misunderstanding English in ways that suit his demented point of view, we can be fairly confident that he won't.
> >
> > Hey Bozo, to own a firearm in Australia requires a license. If you take that unlicensed firearm into a public place you ARE breaking the law, whether it is noticed or not. Each state in Australia has its own laws that detail the penalty for these insults to law and order. In New South Wales, where you live, the penalty for having an unlicensed firearm in public (and not actually firing it) is imprisonment for up to TEN YEARS!
> Seems reasonable. The criminals who do actually carry unlicensed firearm in public places are mostly drug dealers.

No Bozo, that could be ANYBODY who didn't want to comply with the firearm confiscation law. And it totally REFUTES your claim that people who don't comply with this confiscation law aren't law breakers.

> The side effects of this kind of regulation does seem to be that we haven't had a gun massacre since the Port Arthur back in 1996. The US hasn't been so lucky.

Doesn't sound like there was an epidemic to begin with. This is just a huge over-reaction by a bunch of scared bureaucrats.

> --
> Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Gun ownership

<90ca27a7-bac6-4005-abff-2d805b00947fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=109693&group=sci.electronics.design#109693

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 22:55:07 -0800 (PST)
<ti0fu2$oh2f$1@dont-email.me> <jqoi7oF3c4vU1@mid.individual.net>
<ti8jvt$1orq7$2@dont-email.me> <810a8c80-f99e-47c2-9ff1-5330ed89c5d2n@googlegroups.com>
<aeedda86-9550-418d-87cd-097f165461d6n@googlegroups.com> <56e0193f-53ab-435c-9254-2d4e09745cb6n@googlegroups.com>
<3305c851-bffb-4093-b07e-89e00b0e12f7n@googlegroups.com> <a2771a85-8730-497f-b65b-95dc49664162n@googlegroups.com>
<d17110f3-826f-4866-9992-7c6d1d04b1f5n@googlegroups.com> <480933a9-e6df-4f46-ab8b-1de31c1e251bn@googlegroups.com>
<cbda5f68-6b45-4d5d-87c1-b8d293383f84n@googlegroups.com> <d5254705-d6ec-409a-bdb5-efd32c8915bfn@googlegroups.com>
<d33b6079-afd1-4591-b79f-297fdaddf201n@googlegroups.com> <b75158ab-cf12-44e6-9f79-8c04cfdf00c6n@googlegroups.com>
<538d3b03-ebc1-44bc-9dd3-ea17783b5da6n@googlegroups.com> <5c6c7b55-d032-4617-936a-e3f82e44df5bn@googlegroups.com>
<47664506-783b-4a8c-a40f-63a7a38583c5n@googlegroups.com>
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Tue, 8 Nov 2022 06:55 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 11:10:08 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 4:37:48 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:

> > > Seems reasonable. The criminals who do actually carry unlicensed firearm in public places are mostly drug dealers.
> > >
> > No Bozo, that could be ANYBODY who didn't want to comply with the firearm confiscation law. And it totally REFUTES your claim that people who don't comply with this confiscation law aren't law breakers.
> I said that they weren't outlaws, which is a different word with a different meaning from law-breaker.

That is a difference WITHOUT a distinction, Bozo.

> > > The side effects of this kind of regulation does seem to be that we haven't had a gun massacre since the Port Arthur back in 1996. The US hasn't been so lucky.
> > Doesn't sound like there was an epidemic to begin with. This is just a huge over-reaction by a bunch of scared bureaucrats.
> With a tenth pf the population of the US gun massacres in Australia were pretty sparse before 1996, but they did happen. They haven't happened since then.

And the gun confiscation was TOTALLY an OVER-REACTION

> The US tolerance of the phenomena does look like a gross and moronic under-reaction. And you are the kind of gross moron who wouldn't realise it.

There are TOO MANY libtard politicians unwilling to ENFORCE EXISTING GUN LAWS in the US. If they were enforced these murders would be a thing of the past.

Re: OT: Gun ownership

<b8cbd992-871a-4651-baee-88e0f4879c6en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=109748&group=sci.electronics.design#109748

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 21:23:27 -0800 (PST)
<47664506-783b-4a8c-a40f-63a7a38583c5n@googlegroups.com> <90ca27a7-bac6-4005-abff-2d805b00947fn@googlegroups.com>
<e962b9ff-f50f-4a17-ac1c-a0c0ddb5570an@googlegroups.com>
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (Flyguy)
 by: Flyguy - Wed, 9 Nov 2022 05:23 UTC

On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 12:08:25 AM UTC-8, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 5:55:11 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
> <snip>
> > > I said that they weren't outlaws, which is a different word with a different meaning from law-breaker.
> >
> > That is a difference WITHOUT a distinction.
>
> It may be a distinction you can't understand, but it is a real difference.. Do try to keep in mind that you are remarkably stupid.
> > > With a tenth pf the population of the US gun massacres in Australia were pretty sparse before 1996, but they did happen. They haven't happened since then.
> >
> > And the gun confiscation was TOTALLY an OVER-REACTION.
>
> It removed a whole lot of guns that weren't serving any useful purpose and were creating unnecessary risks.
>
> Do feel free to identify what you think might have been an appropriate reaction. America is still having gun massacres - Australia isn't, so your attitude does look more like favouring a total non-reaction

Leaving the status quo, for starters. You have ONE berserk freak that runs amok and now you have to ban guns for nearly everyone (the requirements for owning a handgun are WAY BEYOND onerous!). It would be like banning cars if someone used one to mow down pedestrians.

> > > The US tolerance of the phenomena does look like a gross and moronic under-reaction. And you are the kind of gross moron who wouldn't realise it..
> >
> > There are TOO MANY libtard politicians unwilling to ENFORCE EXISTING GUN LAWS in the US. If they were enforced these murders would be a thing of the past.
> An implausible claim.

Only to libtards like you:
https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/09/politics/obama-executive-orders-gun-control-enforcement-gap
Politicians just are not willing to staff the ATF to the level necessary to enforce EXISTING gun laws. They even let Hunter Biden off the hook after he LIED on his gun application form:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/25/sources-secret-service-inserted-itself-into-case-of-hunter-bidens-gun-477879

> --
> Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Gun ownership

<b3743452-8c2c-452b-987a-f14589c3be8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=114236&group=sci.electronics.design#114236

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 06:35:18 -0800 (PST)
<e962b9ff-f50f-4a17-ac1c-a0c0ddb5570an@googlegroups.com> <b8cbd992-871a-4651-baee-88e0f4879c6en@googlegroups.com>
<1ff07ffe-ad20-445b-b752-09071fafffe2n@googlegroups.com>
From: markeva0...@gmail.com (Mark Eva)
 by: Mark Eva - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 14:35 UTC

Hey guys , if interested in getting quality firearms like Rifle, Digsauer, Glock , Ammo etc.
you can contact this guys for more details.
they got varieties firearms and sweet delivery service.
website👇👇

Wicker: jayanderson09

https://rageammostore.com/

Re: OT: Gun ownership