Immortality consists largely of boredom. -- Zefrem Cochrane, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Missing Sub

SubjectAuthor
* Missing SubThe Starmaker
+* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
|+* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||+- Re: Missing Subpatdolan
||`* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
|| `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||  +* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||  |+* Re: Missing Subpatdolan
||  ||`- Re: Missing Subpatdolan
||  |`* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||  | +- Re: Missing Subpatdolan
||  | `- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||  `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||   `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    +* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |`* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    | `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |  `* Re: Missing SubChris M. Thomasson
||    |   `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |    +- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |    `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |     `* Re: Missing SubChris M. Thomasson
||    |      `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |       `* Re: Missing SubPhysfitfreak
||    |        +- Re: Missing Subwhodat
||    |        +* Re: Missing SubGeorge Hammond
||    |        |`* Re: Missing SubGeorge Hammond
||    |        | +* Re: Missing SubEd Lucas
||    |        | |`- Re: Missing SubCastro Alexandropoulos
||    |        | +- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |        | `* Re: Missing SubGeorge Hammond
||    |        |  +* Re: Missing SubNormand Calogerakis
||    |        |  |`- Re: Missing SubGaylord Geracimos
||    |        |  `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |        |   `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |        |    +- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |        |    `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |        |     `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |        |      `- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||    |        `* Re: Missing SubPhysfitfreak
||    |         +- Re: Missing Subwhodat
||    |         `- Re: Missing SubPhysfitfreak
||    `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||     `* Re: Missing SubChris M. Thomasson
||      `- Re: Missing Subpatdolan
|+* Re: Missing Subpatdolan
||+- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||`* Re: Missing SubSylvia Else
|| `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
||  `* Re: Missing SubSylvia Else
||   `- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
|`* Re: Missing SubJanPB
| `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
|  `* Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
|   `- Re: Missing SubThe Starmaker
+* Re: Missing SubYak
|+* Re: Missing Subpatdolan
||`* Re: Missing Subwhodat
|| `* Re: Missing Subpatdolan
||  `- Re: Missing Subwhodat
|`* Re: Missing SubMitchell Holman
| `* Re: Missing SubYak
|  `* Re: Missing SubMitchell Holman
|   `* Re: Missing SubYak
|    +- Re: Missing SubLou Bricano
|    `* Re: Missing SubGovernor Swill
|     `* Re: Missing SubSiri Cruise
|      `* Re: Missing SubCharlie Glock
|       +- Re: Missing Subpatdolan
|       `* Re: Missing SubMitchell Holman
|        +- Re: Missing SubCharlie Glock
|        `- Re: Missing SubRobert Youngdale
+* Re: Missing SubChris M. Thomasson
|`* Re: Missing Subpatdolan
| `- Re: Missing SubChris M. Thomasson
`* Re: Missing SubPhysfitfreak
 `- Re: Missing SubPhysfitfreak

Pages:1234
Re: Missing Sub

<6495374F.18C9@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118451&group=sci.physics.relativity#118451

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: Missing Sub
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:10:23 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:10 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:

> On 23-June-23 5:32 am, patdolan wrote:

> >> I want the names and pictures of those NASA guys who worked on dat
> >> thing...
> >>
> >> i wanna see what stupid people look like.
> >>

> >> Trust the Science.
> >> --
> >> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> >> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> >> and challenge
> >> the unchallengeable.
> >
> > NASA did not build the craft. It was built here in Seattle by a small storefront operation up in Everett. Ocean Gate. Boeing is not commenting on any possible participation it may have had. I invite Ross and Legion (who may be Boeing) to join me on a fact finding mission to Everett on behalf of this forum.
>
> They're all dead. No surprises there. The owner of the company would
> likely be up on manslaughter charges, or whatever is the local
> equivalent, except that he's dead too.
>
> Most likely it happened so quickly that they never even knew they were
> dying. At least Hollywood won't have fodder for another disaster movie.
>
> Sylvia.

Most likely it happened so quickly
Most likely it happened not so quickly...

depends what movie script sez.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Missing Sub

<kfkrknFtrr9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118452&group=sci.physics.relativity#118452

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 16:15:51 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:15 UTC

On 23-June-23 4:10 pm, The Starmaker wrote:
> Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> NASA did not build the craft. It was built here in Seattle by a small storefront operation up in Everett. Ocean Gate. Boeing is not commenting on any possible participation it may have had. I invite Ross and Legion (who may be Boeing) to join me on a fact finding mission to Everett on behalf of this forum.
>>
>> They're all dead. No surprises there. The owner of the company would
>> likely be up on manslaughter charges, or whatever is the local
>> equivalent, except that he's dead too.
>>
>> Most likely it happened so quickly that they never even knew they were
>> dying. At least Hollywood won't have fodder for another disaster movie.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Most likely it happened so quickly
> Most likely it happened not so quickly...
>

> depends what movie script sez.

It's true that Hollywood will ignore any laws of physics[*] that get in
the way of the plot.

Still, I have hope that rich people paying absurd amounts to do stupidly
dangerous things and then dying as a result, will not attract any
production money.

Sylvia.

[*] Actually, anything at all, which is why, for example, the control
circuitry for electronic locks is always on the outside where a decent
hammer is all that is needed to affect entry (don't even need the magic
decoding boxes that Hollywood tends to use).

Re: Missing Sub

<64953AB1.299D@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118453&group=sci.physics.relativity#118453

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:24:49 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:24 UTC

Okay, I'll tell you what happened...

the
guys
at
the
top
knew
that
somehow
they
had
broken stuff,
the
guys
at
the
top
didn't
want
hear
that
they
had
broken stuff.
They
didn't
want
hear
about
the
difficulties
of
the
engineers
- the
fact
that
the
sub
might
not
work,
and
so
on.

It's
better
if
they
don't
hear
it,
so
they
can
be
much
more
"honest"
when
they're
trying
sell
tickets.
-
the
engineers
and
scien-
tists
on
the
one
hand and
management
on
the
other
- is
the
cause
of
the
deterioration
in
cooperation,
which,
as
you've
seen,
produced
a calamity.

"...the company refused to pay for the Titan’s manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required standards for these depths."
"...paying passengers would not be aware or informed of the Titan’s “experimental viewport design,.."
https://fortune.com/2023/06/21/titan-titanic-missing-sub-david-lochridge-safety-concerns-sacked-oceangate-stockton-rush-hamish-harding/

The Starmaker wrote:

> https://fortune.com/2023/06/21/titan-titanic-missing-sub-david-lochridge-safety-concerns-sacked-oceangate-stockton-rush-hamish-harding/
> During the meeting, Lochridge said he discovered that the Titan’s
> viewport was certified to a pressure of 1,300 meters below sea level.
> OceanGate intended to take passengers on the Titan down to depths of
> 4,000 meters.
>
> According to OceanGate’s website, the Titan reaches a maximum depth of
> 3,800 meters (12,500 feet) on its Titanic dives.
>
> However, Lochridge alleged that the company refused to pay for the
> Titan’s manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required
> standards for these depths.
>
> He also said in the lawsuit that paying passengers would not be aware or
> informed of the Titan’s “experimental viewport design,” the lack of
> sufficient safety testing of the hull, or that hazardous flammable
> materials had been used in its construction. He said he strongly urged
> the company to use a classification agency like the American Bureau of
> Shipping to inspect and certify the Titan.
>
> The Starmaker wrote:
> >
> > ...maybe they banged a little too hard?
> >
> > broke the window to swim...up?
> >
> > The Starmaker wrote:
> > >
> > > So, now 'they' say the passengers didn't know what happen when it
> > > imploded...
> > >
> > > then...what was all that BANGING they heard before?

> > > --
> > > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> > > and challenge
> > > the unchallengeable.
> >
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> > and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Missing Sub

<64953F14.72D@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118454&group=sci.physics.relativity#118454

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:43:32 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 06:43 UTC

Here is the video of the guy with the toy controller in his hand inside
the sub...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlDINqAAFaQ&t=63s

Isn't dat a red flag if you's in the sub?

Sylvia Else wrote:

> On 23-June-23 4:10 pm, The Starmaker wrote:
> > Sylvia Else wrote:

> >> They're all dead. No surprises there. The owner of the company would
> >> likely be up on manslaughter charges, or whatever is the local
> >> equivalent, except that he's dead too.
> >>
> >> Most likely it happened so quickly that they never even knew they were
> >> dying. At least Hollywood won't have fodder for another disaster movie.
> >>
> >> Sylvia.
> >
> > Most likely it happened so quickly
> > Most likely it happened not so quickly...
> >

> > depends what movie script sez.
> >

> It's true that Hollywood will ignore any laws of physics[*] that get in
> the way of the plot.
>
> Still, I have hope that rich people paying absurd amounts to do stupidly
> dangerous things and then dying as a result, will not attract any
> production money.
>
> Sylvia.
>
> [*] Actually, anything at all, which is why, for example, the control
> circuitry for electronic locks is always on the outside where a decent
> hammer is all that is needed to affect entry (don't even need the magic
> decoding boxes that Hollywood tends to use).

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Missing Sub

<u743gj$3nlff$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118460&group=sci.physics.relativity#118460

From: Yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 08:34:27 -0400
 by: Yak - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 12:34 UTC

On 6/22/2023 10:09 PM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote in news:u7280q$3ba0u$1@dont-email.me:
>
>> On 6/22/2023 2:00 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
>>> It doesn't have a toilet?
>>>

>>> It uses a old Amazon cheap $30.00 video game controller? (free shipping)
>>>

>>> Why would you trust Nasa to build dat thing???
>>>

>>> an Xbox contoller makes it go left?
>>>

>>> no fat people allowed in dat thing, right?
>>>

>>> don't lean on the window...
>>>

>> The real question is who will be the first liberal congresscritter to
>> stick his/her fat nose into this and demand regulation?
>>

> Regulation by whom?

Take a wild freaking guess.

Re: Missing Sub

<XnsB02C517ADC80Anoemailcomcastnet@69.80.102.52>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118461&group=sci.physics.relativity#118461

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:02:53 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:02 UTC

Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote in news:u743gj$3nlff$1@dont-email.me:

> On 6/22/2023 10:09 PM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote in news:u7280q$3ba0u$1@dont-email.me:

>>> The real question is who will be the first liberal congresscritter
>>> to stick his/her fat nose into this and demand regulation?
>>>

>> Regulation by whom?
>
> Take a wild freaking guess.

This is in international waters, dimbulb.

So again, regulation by whom?

Re: Missing Sub

<u7471k$3nlff$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118462&group=sci.physics.relativity#118462

From: Yak...@inbox.com (Yak)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:34:44 -0400
 by: Yak - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:34 UTC

On 6/23/2023 9:02 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote in news:u743gj$3nlff$1@dont-email.me:

>>> Regulation by whom?
>>
>> Take a wild freaking guess.
>>

> This is in international waters, dimbulb.
>
> So again, regulation by whom?

By congress. It already regulates trips to the titanic site.

Re: Missing Sub

<wPklM.5930$a0G8.3896@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118483&group=sci.physics.relativity#118483

From: lb...@cap.con (Lou Bricano)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:39:53 -0700
 by: Lou Bricano - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 17:39 UTC

On 6/23/2023 6:34 AM, Yak wrote:
> On 6/23/2023 9:02 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote in news:u743gj$3nlff$1@dont-email.me:

>>> Take a wild freaking guess.
>>>

>>       This is in international waters, dimbulb.
>>
>>       So again, regulation by whom?
>
> By congress. It already regulates trips to the titanic site.

Bull-fucking-shit. Congress does not regulate travel to the Titanic site, you
stupid fucked-up-the-ass-by-priests liar. The Titanic shipwreck debris field is
protected by international convention, but you can steer your little 6hp
putt-putt boat directly over the site without anyone's permission, and there is
no U.S. law regulating that.

Re: Missing Sub

<6495DC0E.2D75@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118487&group=sci.physics.relativity#118487

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:53:18 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 17:53 UTC

If you want an easy million dollars...

he charged you $250,000.00 a ticket

and he sold 4 tickets

dats a million dollars!

You are suppose to hide
the old X-box controller..

and the fact the sub doesn't work.

(just sign here -don't read the small print)

The five passengers who boarded the doomed OceanGate Titan submersible that imploded on its way to the wreck
of the Titanic signed an iron-clad agreement that protects the company from any liability for what could happen
to the vessel, including death.

The three-page document spells out the risks that passengers take when riding in the 23,000-pound Titan, including
eye-popping wording such as how the craft “has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body and may be
constructed of materials that have not been widely used on human occupied submersible.”

https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/read-the-death-waiver-doomed-titanic-sub-tourists-signed/

no refunds.

Did Captain Kirk ever ride in dat thing?

The Starmaker wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > broke the window to swim...up?

> > > --
> > > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> > > and challenge
> > > the unchallengeable.
> >
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> > and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge

<6495E6C5.4CE9@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118491&group=sci.physics.relativity#118491

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:39:01 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 18:39 UTC

i say wat happen is da guy with the x-box controller dropped it and it
broke.

and he forgot to buy another one...

and they killed him.

The Starmaker wrote:

> [...]
> > > Shipping to inspect and certify the Titan.

> > > --
> > > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> > > and challenge
> > > the unchallengeable.
> >
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,

<u74orp$3q17m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118492&group=sci.physics.relativity#118492

From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:38:49 -0700
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 18:38 UTC

On 6/22/2023 1:16 PM, patdolan wrote:
> On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 1:10:04 PM UTC-7, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> On 6/22/2023 11:00 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
>>> It doesn't have a toilet?
>> [...]
>>

>> Horrible thought. I wonder if it had some sort of catastrophic event
>> that caused the vessel to instantly implode? Or, did they slowly suffer
>> to death! God damn it, this is really bad. Damn. God bless them. Damn.
>
> My understanding is that from previous at-depth military submarine disasters, death comes in milliseconds for a hull failure. Far less time than even a fatal auto accident. But who really knows. So I join in your intonement of blessings.
>
> And yet, over 10 million people were born and over 10 million people died today. Some in great agony, but less vividly.

Yeah. That is a rather profound point. Thank, patdolan. You are a kind
person.

Re: Missing Sub

<6495E7BB.4B05@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118493&group=sci.physics.relativity#118493

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:43:07 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 18:43 UTC

Now, whose idea was it to use an x-box toy controller to navigate the
sub? It had to be

NASA...it couldn't be anybody else.

Only NASA thinks of things like that!

The Starmaker wrote:

> [...]
> > > "...paying passengers would not be aware or informed of the Titan’s “experimental viewport design,.."
> > > https://fortune.com/2023/06/21/titan-titanic-missing-sub-david-lochridge-safety-concerns-sacked-oceangate-stockton-rush-hamish-harding/

> > > --
> > > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> > > the unchallengeable.
> >
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Missing Sub

<649600EB.1B3C@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118503&group=sci.physics.relativity#118503

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:30:35 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 20:30 UTC

season 1 episode 2 on netflix

Passenger 1: (Gasping) No! The controller! I dropped it!

Passenger 2: (Agitated) Are you kidding me? That was our only way to
navigate the sub!

Passenger 3: (Frantically) How could you be so careless? We're trapped
down here!

Passenger 4: (Angry) This is all your fault! We trusted you with the
controller!

Passenger 1: (Apologizing) I didn't mean to. It was an accident. We need
to stay calm and figure out another solution.

Passenger 2: (Panicking) Stay calm? How can we stay calm when we're
stuck without any means of controlling the sub?

Passenger 3: (Hysterical) We're going to die down here! We're helpless!

Passenger 4: (In a frenzy) I can't believe this! We're doomed because of
your mistake!

Passenger 1: (Trying to calm everyone down) We need to focus and find an
alternative. There must be something else we can use or another way to
navigate.

Passenger 2: (Desperate) We don't have time for alternatives! We're
running out of oxygen, and now we can't even move!

Passenger 3: (Overwhelmed) I can't take this anymore! I want out of
here!

Passenger 4: (Aggressive) If we're going down, I'm taking you down with
me!

Passenger 1: (Wide-eyed, voice trembling) The sub... it's sinking... and
the pressure is increasing rapidly!

Passenger 2: (Panic-stricken) We're going deeper! We can't withstand
this pressure!

Passenger 3: (Gasping for air) I can't breathe... the pressure... it's
crushing us!

Passenger 4: (Terrified, voice shaking) We're going to implode! We're
all going to die!

Passenger 1: (Frantically) Hold on, we have to do something! We can't
let this happen!

Passenger 2: (Desperate) There's nothing we can do! We're trapped,
helpless!

Passenger 3: (Hysterical) We're at the mercy of the ocean... and it's
going to consume us!

Passenger 4: (Screaming) I don't want to die like this! It's too much!

Passenger 1: (Clinging onto hope) We can't give up! We have to keep
fighting until the very end!

Passenger 2: (Crying) I don't want to die... I don't want to die!

Passenger 3: (Choked voice) I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...

Passenger 4: (Praying) Please, anyone... save us... save us from this
nightmare!

As the sub continues its descent into the depths of the ocean, the
increasing pressure becomes overwhelming.
The passengers are gripped by sheer terror and helplessness, aware of
their impending doom.
The dialogue reflects their desperation, fear, and the sense of
impending tragedy.
It showcases their emotional breakdown as they confront the inevitable
implosion, clinging onto the last shreds of hope, and grappling with the
harsh reality of their fate.

The Starmaker wrote:

> Now, whose idea was it to use an x-box toy controller to navigate the
> sub? It had to be
>
> NASA...it couldn't be anybody else.
>
> Only NASA thinks of things like that!
>
> The Starmaker wrote:
> >
> > i say wat happen is da guy with the x-box controller dropped it and it
> > broke.
> >
> > and he forgot to buy another one...
> >
> > and they killed him.
> >
> > The Starmaker wrote:
> > >
> > > If you want an easy million dollars...
> > >
> > > he charged you $250,000.00 a ticket
> > >
> > > and he sold 4 tickets
> > >
> > > dats a million dollars!
> > >
> > > You are suppose to hide
> > > the old X-box controller..
> > >
> > > and the fact the sub doesn't work.
> > >
> > > (just sign here -don't read the small print)
> > >
> > > The five passengers who boarded the doomed OceanGate Titan submersible that imploded on its way to the wreck
> > > of the Titanic signed an iron-clad agreement that protects the company from any liability for what could happen
> > > to the vessel, including death.
> > >
> > > The three-page document spells out the risks that passengers take when riding in the 23,000-pound Titan, including
> > > eye-popping wording such as how the craft “has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body and may be
> > > constructed of materials that have not been widely used on human occupied submersible.”
> > >
> > > https://nypost.com/2023/06/23/read-the-death-waiver-doomed-titanic-sub-tourists-signed/
> > >
> > > no refunds.
> > >
> > > Did Captain Kirk ever ride in dat thing?

> > > --
> > > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
> > > the unchallengeable.
> >
> > --
> > The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> > to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> > and challenge
> > the unchallengeable.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Missing Sub

<u74vrv$3qp7b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118504&group=sci.physics.relativity#118504

From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:38:23 -0700
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 20:38 UTC

On 6/23/2023 1:30 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
> season 1 episode 2 on netflix
>
> Passenger 1: (Gasping) No! The controller! I dropped it!
[...]

Always, have a backup system. I accidentally dropped and broke just one
of many controllers... Does not sound so bad now... They went through
hell...

Re: Missing Sub

<649608E7.6B27@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118506&group=sci.physics.relativity#118506

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 14:04:39 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:04 UTC

Chris M. Thomasson wrote:

> On 6/23/2023 1:30 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > season 1 episode 2 on netflix
> >
> > Passenger 1: (Gasping) No! The controller! I dropped it!
> [...]
>
> Always, have a backup system. I accidentally dropped and broke just one
> of many controllers... Does not sound so bad now... They went through
> hell...

There was no backup controlling device on dat sub.

If you break your wireless gamepad...your mommy has to buy you a new
one.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Missing Sub

<64960BA5.1922@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118507&group=sci.physics.relativity#118507

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 14:16:21 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:16 UTC

The Starmaker wrote:

> Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> >
> > On 6/23/2023 1:30 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > > season 1 episode 2 on netflix
> > >
> > > Passenger 1: (Gasping) No! The controller! I dropped it!
> > [...]
> >
> > Always, have a backup system. I accidentally dropped and broke just one
> > of many controllers... Does not sound so bad now... They went through
> > hell...
>
> There was no backup controlling device on dat sub.
>
> If you break your wireless gamepad...your mommy has to buy you a new
> one.

and the guy bought the *cheapest* Logitech wireless gamepad they had.

you know..
you go on Amazon and
look for the
cheapest one you
can find.

Some people are just...cheap.

nuthin wrong wit dat.
why buy the most
expensive one when
you can buy the
cheapest one they have?

they both work the same, don't they????

(but you gotta by good batteries!)
Everready or Duracell?

BUT WHO WAS DOING ALL THAT BANGING DOWN THERE????

Like a Twilight Zone show...

ding dang ding dang ding dang

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Missing Sub

<64961132.1D95@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118509&group=sci.physics.relativity#118509

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 14:40:02 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:40 UTC

A backup controlling device is the buttons on the back of your TV
you can still change channels with if your remote breaks or runs out of
batteries.

There was no backup controlling device on dat sub.

Their whole lives depended on the gamepad.

What did that astronut say when she dropped her wrench in space?
"Great!"

dat was no movie, dat was real!

The Starmaker wrote:

> Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> >
> > On 6/23/2023 1:30 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > > season 1 episode 2 on netflix
> > >
> > > Passenger 1: (Gasping) No! The controller! I dropped it!
> > [...]
> >
> > Always, have a backup system. I accidentally dropped and broke just one
> > of many controllers... Does not sound so bad now... They went through
> > hell...
>
> There was no backup controlling device on dat sub.
>
> If you break your wireless gamepad...your mommy has to buy you a new
> one.
>
> --
> The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable,
> to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
> and challenge
> the unchallengeable.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable,
and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Missing Sub

<u7547h$3r4a5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118512&group=sci.physics.relativity#118512

From: chris.m....@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 14:52:49 -0700
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:52 UTC

On 6/23/2023 2:40 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
> A backup controlling device is the buttons on the back of your TV
> you can still change channels with if your remote breaks or runs out of
> batteries.
[...]

Okay, that made me laugh. But, I have respect for the lives that were
lost on that sub. Damn.

Re: Missing Sub

<649623FF.1E39@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118515&group=sci.physics.relativity#118515

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 16:00:15 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:00 UTC

Chris M. Thomasson wrote:

> On 6/23/2023 2:40 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > A backup controlling device is the buttons on the back of your TV
> > you can still change channels with if your remote breaks or runs out of
> > batteries.
> [...]
>
> Okay, that made me laugh. But, I have respect for the lives that were
> lost on that sub. Damn.

Of course, you respect the life of the CEO Stockton Rush CEO:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/12A15/production/_130190367_email_exchange_v3_640-nc-2x-nc.png

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Missing Sub

<5mbc9idtdk6udlhhpqnur039rg02b0i4cc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118521&group=sci.physics.relativity#118521

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 19:48:15 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:48 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:34:44 -0400, Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote:

>On 6/23/2023 9:02 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> Yak <Yak@inbox.com> wrote
>>> Take a wild freaking guess.

>> This is in international waters, dimbulb.
>> So again, regulation by whom?
>
>By congress. It already regulates trips to the titanic site.

Cite the law.

Congress has no jurisdiction. Titanic is in international waters.

Swill
--
Reality is an acquired taste - Matthew Perry

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: Missing Sub

<u75def$3s4bh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118524&group=sci.physics.relativity#118524

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 17:30:07 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 00:30 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreement_Concerning_the_Shipwrecked_Vessel_RMS_Titanic

> Congress has no jurisdiction. Titanic is in international waters.

The laws in international waters are whatever the countries in
those waters agree they are.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: Missing Sub

<tWqlM.59420$Zq81.53168@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118525&group=sci.physics.relativity#118525

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
From: "Charlie...@localhost.com (Charlie Glock)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 00:38:49 GMT
 by: Charlie Glock - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 00:38 UTC

On 2023-06-24, Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Governor Swill wrote:
>>> By congress. It already regulates trips to the titanic site.
>> Cite the law.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreement_Concerning_the_Shipwrecked_Vessel_RMS_Titanic
>
>> Congress has no jurisdiction. Titanic is in international waters.
>
> The laws in international waters are whatever the countries in
> those waters agree they are.

The underwater submersible community is not that large and they all know each other.
Many of the more experienced people have written written OceanGate expressing their opinions that
the sub was not safe but the CEO did not listen.

And while the doomed passengers signed what looks like solid releases from suing the company should
something go wrong, that is based upon what they were told ahead of time regarding the craft and
it's safety.
The families are going to collect a lot assuming OceanGate doesn't go bankrupt, which they probably
will.
It's tragic but going to be interesting as the investigations commence.
Any 3rd year metallurgy student can tell you that carbon fiber is highly brittle and a poor choice
for a craft under those extreme pressures. Even a breach of the hull the size of a pinhole would
escalate into an implosion.

--
Charlie Glock
"To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens"

Re: Missing Sub

<7f7f6b16-7ba6-422d-a8d3-9b6f70c77a2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118527&group=sci.physics.relativity#118527

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 17:52:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 00:52 UTC

On Friday, June 23, 2023 at 5:38:52 PM UTC-7, Charlie Glock wrote:
> >> Cite the law.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreement_Concerning_the_Shipwrecked_Vessel_RMS_Titanic
> >
> >> Congress has no jurisdiction. Titanic is in international waters.
> >
> > The laws in international waters are whatever the countries in
> > those waters agree they are.
> >
> The underwater submersible community is not that large and they all know each other.
> Many of the more experienced people have written written OceanGate expressing their opinions that
> the sub was not safe but the CEO did not listen.
>
> And while the doomed passengers signed what looks like solid releases from suing the company should
> something go wrong, that is based upon what they were told ahead of time regarding the craft and
> it's safety.
> The families are going to collect a lot assuming OceanGate doesn't go bankrupt, which they probably
> will.

OceanGate is a one-man-show operating out of a rented industrial space in Everett WA, 20 miles north of Seattle. It doesn't even have a permanent sign on the rented space. That one-man-show ended Sunday. There will be no settlements with any of the victims. There is no one left to go after. I'm sure Starmaker's script will conform to this tragic fact.

> It's tragic but going to be interesting as the investigations commence.
> Any 3rd year metallurgy student can tell you that carbon fiber is highly brittle and a poor choice
> for a craft under those extreme pressures. Even a breach of the hull the size of a pinhole would
> escalate into an implosion.
>
> --
> Charlie Glock
> "To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens"
> -- Adolf Hitler

Re: Missing Sub

<XnsB02CD28BF17EAnoemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.59>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118532&group=sci.physics.relativity#118532

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
From: noem...@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 01:44:09 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 01:44 UTC

Charlie Glock <"Charlie Glock"@localhost.com> wrote in

>>> Cite the law.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreement_Concerning_the_Shipwrecked_Ves
>> sel_RMS_Titanic
>>
>>> Congress has no jurisdiction. Titanic is in international waters.
>>
>> The laws in international waters are whatever the countries in
>> those waters agree they are.
>>

> The underwater submersible community is not that large and they all
> know each other. Many of the more experienced people have written
> written OceanGate expressing their opinions that the sub was not safe
> but the CEO did not listen.
>
> And while the doomed passengers signed what looks like solid releases
> from suing the company should something go wrong, that is based upon
> what they were told ahead of time regarding the craft and it's safety.
> The families are going to collect a lot assuming OceanGate doesn't go
> bankrupt, which they probably will.
> It's tragic but going to be interesting as the investigations
> commence. Any 3rd year metallurgy student can tell you that carbon
> fiber is highly brittle and a poor choice for a craft under those
> extreme pressures. Even a breach of the hull the size of a pinhole
> would escalate into an implosion.

Something else missing from this
toy submersable is any insulation. It
gets insanely cold even on the surface
much less thousands of feet down.

Re: Missing Sub

<a6slM.4805$LQ3.3513@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=118534&group=sci.physics.relativity#118534

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity
From: "Charlie...@localhost.com (Charlie Glock)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 01:59:34 GMT
 by: Charlie Glock - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 01:59 UTC

On 2023-06-24, Mitchell Holman <noemail@verizon.net> wrote:
> Charlie Glock <"Charlie Glock"@localhost.com> wrote in

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreement_Concerning_the_Shipwrecked_Ves
>>> sel_RMS_Titanic

>>> The laws in international waters are whatever the countries in
>>> those waters agree they are.
>>>

>> The underwater submersible community is not that large and they all
>> know each other. Many of the more experienced people have written
>> written OceanGate expressing their opinions that the sub was not safe
>> but the CEO did not listen.
>>
>> And while the doomed passengers signed what looks like solid releases
>> from suing the company should something go wrong, that is based upon
>> what they were told ahead of time regarding the craft and it's safety.
>> The families are going to collect a lot assuming OceanGate doesn't go
>> bankrupt, which they probably will.
>> It's tragic but going to be interesting as the investigations
>> commence. Any 3rd year metallurgy student can tell you that carbon
>> fiber is highly brittle and a poor choice for a craft under those
>> extreme pressures. Even a breach of the hull the size of a pinhole
>> would escalate into an implosion.
>>

> Something else missing from this
> toy submersable is any insulation. It
> gets insanely cold even on the surface