Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and think what nobody else has thought.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

SubjectAuthor
* Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
+* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.FromTheRafters
|`* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
| `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.geoff
|  `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
|   `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.geoff
|    `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
|     `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.geoff
|      +* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.Whisky-dave
|      |`* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.Magani
|      | `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
|      |  `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
|      |   `* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.Magani
|      |    `- Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
|      `- Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks
`* Re: Seeking advice on making short films.Whisky-dave
 `- Re: Seeking advice on making short films.David Brooks

1
Seeking advice on making short films.

<shocL.1385983$9f26.81339@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13382&group=rec.photo.digital#13382

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Subject: Seeking advice on making short films.
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:56:40 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:56 UTC

Hello

Does anyone reading on these groups have any experience in making short
films from integrating numerous short video clips which they have filmed?

Advice welcomed.

--
Kind regards,
David

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<tkt9t6$1odeu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13387&group=rec.photo.digital#13387

From: FTR...@nomail.afraid.org (FromTheRafters)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Seeking advice on making short films.
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 06:47:48 -0500
 by: FromTheRafters - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 11:47 UTC

After serious thinking David Brooks wrote :
> Hello
>
> Does anyone reading on these groups have any experience in making short
> films from integrating numerous short video clips which they have filmed?

Most of mine are like that. Are you asking about transitions?

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<66ef9f18-d567-4d43-8c6c-bb8966708b21n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13388&group=rec.photo.digital#13388

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 05:43:06 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 13:43 UTC

On Monday, 14 November 2022 at 09:56:47 UTC, David Brooks wrote:
> Hello
>
> Does anyone reading on these groups have any experience in making short
> films from integrating numerous short video clips which they have filmed?
>
> Advice welcomed.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> David

What do you have in mind. It's pretty easy to add short videos and string them together in iMovie
and I assume other software. All depends on what you want to achieve perhaps an academy award.

Still awaiting my nomination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwLCvRZa6q8

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<SKucL.2264918$f0c6.1442988@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13389&group=rec.photo.digital#13389

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 17:17:38 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 17:17 UTC

On 14/11/2022 11:47, FromTheRafters wrote:
> After serious thinking David Brooks wrote :
>> Hello
>>
>> Does anyone reading on these groups have any experience in making short
>> films from  integrating numerous short video clips which they have
>> filmed?
>
> Most of mine are like that. Are you asking about transitions?

I was thinking along the lines of making a 'story' - maybe joining
together clips of the various birdlife I've seen on the canals.
I guess you are right in thinking about the transitions, from one clip
to another, and then, perhaps, adding music or a commentary to a few
minutes of video.

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<qswcL.1577808$%fx6.125872@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13392&group=rec.photo.digital#13392

From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 19:14:30 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 19:14 UTC

On 14/11/2022 13:43, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Monday, 14 November 2022 at 09:56:47 UTC, David Brooks wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Does anyone reading on these groups have any experience in making short
>> films from integrating numerous short video clips which they have filmed?
>>
>> Advice welcomed.
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>> David
>
> What do you have in mind. It's pretty easy to add short videos and string them together in iMovie
> and I assume other software. All depends on what you want to achieve perhaps an academy award.

I'm uncertain WHAT I want to achieve - something in lieu of numerous
photographs I suppose! I'll look out some YouTube videos on using iMovie
and practice what I learn from there.

> Still awaiting my nomination
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwLCvRZa6q8

I hereby nominate you for your nobber award! ;-)

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<Zx6cnf2VV5V2du_-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13401&group=rec.photo.digital#13401

Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 14:31:28 +1300
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
 by: geoff - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 01:31 UTC

On 15/11/2022 6:17 am, David Brooks wrote:
> On 14/11/2022 11:47, FromTheRafters wrote:
>> After serious thinking David Brooks wrote :
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Does anyone reading on these groups have any experience in making short
>>> films from  integrating numerous short video clips which they have
>>> filmed?
>>
>> Most of mine are like that. Are you asking about transitions?
>
> I was thinking along the lines of making a 'story' - maybe joining
> together clips of the various birdlife I've seen on the canals.
> I guess you are right in thinking about the transitions, from one clip
> to another, and then, perhaps, adding music or a commentary to a few
> minutes of video.

That is how videos and films are usually made. Google video editing
software.

Yes. Hundreds of video editing applications out there. Have been for
decades. Some paid for, some free. Generally you get what you pay for,
and pay for what what you need.

I have used Vegas Pro for since version 3. It is now up to V20, and can
'easily' do things like this:
https://www.facebook.com/620689040/posts/pfbid026QNXWzjMwZ2r16jSdc8nHfmWGJrKSaWZR3FopeM49JkAcbay3LbQWgaKF5JUQh5El/?_rdc=1&_rdr

geoff

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<1KLcL.403844$YVsf.344291@fx01.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13406&group=rec.photo.digital#13406

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 12:37:17 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 12:37 UTC

On 15/11/2022 01:31, geoff wrote:
> On 15/11/2022 6:17 am, David Brooks wrote:

>>> Most of mine are like that. Are you asking about transitions?
>>
>> I was thinking along the lines of making a 'story' - maybe joining
>> together clips of the various birdlife I've seen on the canals.
>> I guess you are right in thinking about the transitions, from one clip
>> to another, and then, perhaps, adding music or a commentary to a few
>> minutes of video.
>

> That is how videos and films are usually made. Google video editing
> software.
>
> Yes. Hundreds of video editing applications out there. Have been for
> decades. Some paid for, some free. Generally you get what you pay for,
> and pay for what what you need.
>
> I have used Vegas Pro for since version 3. It is now up to V20, and can
> 'easily' do things like this:
> https://www.facebook.com/620689040/posts/pfbid026QNXWzjMwZ2r16jSdc8nHfmWGJrKSaWZR3FopeM49JkAcbay3LbQWgaKF5JUQh5El/?_rdc=1&_rdr
>
> geoff

Thank you so much for your post 'geoff'. 🙂

I've looked here:- https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/gb/vegas-pro/

It seems like 'the bees knees' as the expression goes!

I also looked here:-
https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-video-editing-software-for-designers

Lots for me to think about!

The link you provided rather blew me away. Fascinating. I've shared it
on the Timeline of a man ('G') I met this time last week - at the
memorial 'party' for my late brother-in-law, who died in January nearly
two years ago, aged 89.

'G' is just 50 - married to the daughter of my BIL's cousin.
Complicated. I'd met the cousin before, and her daughter, but not 'G'!

'G' started out as a musician but was somehow brow-beaten into learning
a trade and who now owns his own engineering business. He showed me a
video clip of him playing the drums recently - he is pretty fantastic!
I'm sure he'd like nothing more than reverting to becoming a musician
once again! 😉

--
Kind regards,
David

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<xsSdndxR_4pcYO7-nZ2dnZfqn_gAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13417&group=rec.photo.digital#13417

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 09:59:50 +1300
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 20:59 UTC

On 16/11/2022 1:37 am, David Brooks wrote:
> On 15/11/2022 01:31, geoff wrote:

>>> I was thinking along the lines of making a 'story' - maybe joining
>>> together clips of the various birdlife I've seen on the canals.
>>> I guess you are right in thinking about the transitions, from one clip
>>> to another, and then, perhaps, adding music or a commentary to a few
>>> minutes of video.
>>

>> That is how videos and films are usually made. Google video editing
>> software.
>>
>> Yes. Hundreds of video editing applications out there. Have been for
>> decades. Some paid for, some free. Generally you get what you pay for,
>> and pay for what what you need.
>>
>> I have used Vegas Pro for since version 3. It is now up to V20, and
>> can 'easily' do things like this:
>> https://www.facebook.com/620689040/posts/pfbid026QNXWzjMwZ2r16jSdc8nHfmWGJrKSaWZR3FopeM49JkAcbay3LbQWgaKF5JUQh5El/?_rdc=1&_rdr
>>
>> geoff
>

> Thank you so much for your post 'geoff'. 🙂
>
> I've looked here:- https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/gb/vegas-pro/
>
> It seems like 'the bees knees' as the expression goes!
>
> I also looked here:-
> https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-video-editing-software-for-designers
>
> Lots for me to think about!
>
> The link you provided rather blew me away. Fascinating. I've shared it
> on the Timeline of a man ('G') I met this time last week - at the
> memorial 'party' for my late brother-in-law, who died in January nearly
> two years ago, aged 89.
>
> 'G' is just 50 - married to the daughter of my BIL's cousin.
> Complicated. I'd met the cousin before, and her daughter, but not 'G'!
>
> 'G' started out as a musician but was somehow brow-beaten into learning
> a trade and who now owns his own engineering business. He showed me a
> video clip of him playing the drums recently - he is pretty fantastic!
> I'm sure he'd like nothing more than reverting to becoming a musician
> once again! 😉

Magix Movie Studio ( formerly Sony Vegas Movie Studio) is it's little
brother.
https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/

geoff

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<0CUcL.1577817$%fx6.321296@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13418&group=rec.photo.digital#13418

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 22:43:08 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 22:43 UTC

On 15/11/2022 20:59, geoff wrote:
> On 16/11/2022 1:37 am, David Brooks wrote:

>>> That is how videos and films are usually made. Google video editing
>>> software.
>>>
>>> Yes. Hundreds of video editing applications out there. Have been for
>>> decades. Some paid for, some free. Generally you get what you pay
>>> for, and pay for what what you need.
>>>
>>> I have used Vegas Pro for since version 3. It is now up to V20, and
>>> can 'easily' do things like this:
>>> https://www.facebook.com/620689040/posts/pfbid026QNXWzjMwZ2r16jSdc8nHfmWGJrKSaWZR3FopeM49JkAcbay3LbQWgaKF5JUQh5El/?_rdc=1&_rdr
>>>
>>> geoff
>>

>> Thank you so much for your post 'geoff'. 🙂
>>
>> I've looked here:- https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/gb/vegas-pro/
>>
>> It seems like 'the bees knees' as the expression goes!
>>
>> I also looked here:-
>> https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-video-editing-software-for-designers
>>
>> Lots for me to think about!
>>
>> The link you provided rather blew me away. Fascinating. I've shared it
>> on the Timeline of a man ('G') I met this time last week - at the
>> memorial 'party' for my late brother-in-law, who died in January
>> nearly two years ago, aged 89.
>>
>> 'G' is just 50 - married to the daughter of my BIL's cousin.
>> Complicated. I'd met the cousin before, and her daughter, but not 'G'!
>>
>> 'G' started out as a musician but was somehow brow-beaten into
>> learning a trade and who now owns his own engineering business. He
>> showed me a
>> video clip of him playing the drums recently - he is pretty fantastic!
>> I'm sure he'd like nothing more than reverting to becoming a musician
>> once again! 😉
>>

> Magix Movie Studio ( formerly Sony Vegas Movie Studio) is it's little
> brother.
> https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/
>
> geoff

Thanks, BUT .......

"You need the following operating systems: Windows 11 | Windows 10"

Read more:
https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/specifications/

--
David
User of Apple devices since 2009!

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<bPmdnXVRYtBD3en-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13419&group=rec.photo.digital#13419

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 14:46:11 +1300
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 01:46 UTC

On 16/11/2022 11:43 am, David Brooks wrote:
> On 15/11/2022 20:59, geoff wrote:

>>> Thank you so much for your post 'geoff'. 🙂
>>>
>>> I've looked here:- https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/gb/vegas-pro/
>>>
>>> It seems like 'the bees knees' as the expression goes!
>>>
>>> I also looked here:-
>>> https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-video-editing-software-for-designers
>>>
>>> Lots for me to think about!
>>>
>>> The link you provided rather blew me away. Fascinating. I've shared
>>> it on the Timeline of a man ('G') I met this time last week - at the
>>> memorial 'party' for my late brother-in-law, who died in January
>>> nearly two years ago, aged 89.
>>>
>>> 'G' is just 50 - married to the daughter of my BIL's cousin.
>>> Complicated. I'd met the cousin before, and her daughter, but not 'G'!
>>>
>>> 'G' started out as a musician but was somehow brow-beaten into
>>> learning a trade and who now owns his own engineering business. He
>>> showed me a
>>> video clip of him playing the drums recently - he is pretty fantastic!
>>> I'm sure he'd like nothing more than reverting to becoming a musician
>>> once again! 😉
>>>

>> Magix Movie Studio ( formerly Sony Vegas Movie Studio) is it's little
>> brother.
>> https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/
>>
>> geoff
>

> Thanks, BUT .......
>
> "You need the following operating systems: Windows 11 | Windows 10"
>
> Read more:
> https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/specifications/
>
> --
> David
> User of Apple devices since 2009!

Sad for you.

However there are Apple-compatible equivalents from other companies.

geoff

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<f2d4c44d-6622-43f8-b51b-b9e4e7b3d4c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13421&group=rec.photo.digital#13421

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 05:41:23 -0800 (PST)
From: whisky.d...@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 13:41 UTC

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 01:46:16 UTC, geoff wrote:
> On 16/11/2022 11:43 am, David Brooks wrote:

> >> Magix Movie Studio ( formerly Sony Vegas Movie Studio) is it's little
> >> brother.
> >> https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/
> >>
> >> geoff
> >

> > Thanks, BUT .......
> >
> > "You need the following operating systems: Windows 11 | Windows 10"
> >
> > Read more:
> > https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/specifications/
> >
> > --
> > David
> > User of Apple devices since 2009!
> Sad for you.
>
> However there are Apple-compatible equivalents from other companies.

iMovie isn;t too bad for a free product .

Don't think I'd want to pay £250 for final cut pro.

Not sure what else there is but I wouldn't want a sunscribtion option either.

> geoff

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<6fedL.1577819$%fx6.306840@fx14.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13426&group=rec.photo.digital#13426

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 23:20:34 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Wed, 16 Nov 2022 23:20 UTC

On 16/11/2022 01:46, geoff wrote:
> On 16/11/2022 11:43 am, David Brooks wrote:

>>> Magix Movie Studio ( formerly Sony Vegas Movie Studio) is it's little
>>> brother.
>>> https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/
>>>
>>> geoff
>>

>> Thanks, BUT .......
>>
>> "You need the following operating systems: Windows 11 | Windows 10"
>>
>> Read more:
>> https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/specifications/
>>
>> --
>> David
>> User of Apple devices since 2009!
>
> Sad for you.

Not at all. If I wish, I can also use Microsoft Window and Linux Distros
if I choose.

> However there are Apple-compatible equivalents from other companies.
>
> geoff

There are indeed. I'm signed up with Vimeo - Free, albeit basic.

I know the lady who made this:- https://vimeo.com/764173780

Very different!

D.

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<fa94f6bb-f42d-4dfe-b494-fe15cf01629en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13427&group=rec.photo.digital#13427

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:05:24 -0800 (PST)
From: cdsr...@gmail.com (Magani)
 by: Magani - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 00:05 UTC

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 11:41:27 pm UTC+10, Whisky-dave wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 01:46:16 UTC, geoff wrote:

> > > Thanks, BUT .......
> > >
> > > "You need the following operating systems: Windows 11 | Windows 10"
> > >
> > > Read more:
> > > https://www.magix.com/us/video-editor/movie-studio/specifications/
> > >
> > > --
> > > David
> > > User of Apple devices since 2009!
> > Sad for you.
> >
> > However there are Apple-compatible equivalents from other companies.
> iMovie isn;t too bad for a free product .
>
> Don't think I'd want to pay £250 for final cut pro.
>
> Not sure what else there is but I wouldn't want a sunscribtion option either.
>

> > geoff

I've dabbled in a couple recently to put together a couple of clips from a recent trip so I can show the kids/grandkids what we're spending their inheritance on.

I've tried both Kdenlive and DaVinci Resolve - both free and both available for Win, Apple and Linux. I looked at Kdenlive after I'd used DeVinci Resolve and while it looks good, I didn't see any reason to ditch Resolve.

Kdenlive - https://kdenlive.org/en/download/
DaVinci Resolve 18 - https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/

The following clips were made on DeVinci Resolve. The amount of stuff you get for $/£/€0.00 I thought was amazing. More than I'll ever use. The learning curve was steep-ish but I think I managed to get there.

Without wanting to get back into smartphones vs 'real' cameras, these were shot on a Samsung S21 Ultra - the 1st proving the IP68 waterproofing :-) - attached to a DJI Mobile 3 gyro stabiliser.

1st clip is really just one continuous shot, but put through DeVinci Resolve to shrink it to a suitable size for YouTube; the 2nd is the culmination of a 20 minute video cut to leave out most of the boring 'travel' bits to/from the ship. The stabiliser made it a *LOT* smoother than it really was
..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3ITIzE7n4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184OELYXsmY

Elderly Australian behaving badly.

Cheers,
Magani

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<klwdL.1398026$9f26.535608@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13429&group=rec.photo.digital#13429

From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 19:56:00 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 19:56 UTC

On 17/11/2022 00:05, Magani wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 11:41:27 pm UTC+10, Whisky-dave wrote:

>>> Sad for you.
>>>
>>> However there are Apple-compatible equivalents from other companies.
>> iMovie isn;t too bad for a free product .
>>
>> Don't think I'd want to pay £250 for final cut pro.
>>
>> Not sure what else there is but I wouldn't want a sunscribtion option either.
>>

>>> geoff
>
> I've dabbled in a couple recently to put together a couple of clips from a recent trip so I can show the kids/grandkids what we're spending their inheritance on.
>
> I've tried both Kdenlive and DaVinci Resolve - both free and both available for Win, Apple and Linux. I looked at Kdenlive after I'd used DeVinci Resolve and while it looks good, I didn't see any reason to ditch Resolve.
>
> Kdenlive - https://kdenlive.org/en/download/
> DaVinci Resolve 18 - https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/
>
> The following clips were made on DeVinci Resolve. The amount of stuff you get for $/£/€0.00 I thought was amazing. More than I'll ever use. The learning curve was steep-ish but I think I managed to get there.
>
> Without wanting to get back into smartphones vs 'real' cameras, these were shot on a Samsung S21 Ultra - the 1st proving the IP68 waterproofing :-) - attached to a DJI Mobile 3 gyro stabiliser.
>
> 1st clip is really just one continuous shot, but put through DeVinci Resolve to shrink it to a suitable size for YouTube; the 2nd is the culmination of a 20 minute video cut to leave out most of the boring 'travel' bits to/from the ship. The stabiliser made it a *LOT* smoother than it really was
> .
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3ITIzE7n4
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184OELYXsmY
>
> Elderly Australian behaving badly.
>
> Cheers,
> Magani

Thank you so very much for this contribution, Magani!

I watched and enjoyed both of your video clips. :-D

I've also installed Resolve ready to experiment on a rainy day during
the winter!

In return, you may enjoy this YT video about a trip which I never made
in nearly 40 years of narrowboating!

Cheers!
David

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<4FwdL.1398029$9f26.1217175@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13430&group=rec.photo.digital#13430

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
<tkt9t6$1odeu$1@dont-email.me> <SKucL.2264918$f0c6.1442988@fx10.ams1>
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:17:04 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 20:17 UTC

On 17/11/2022 19:56, David Brooks wrote:
> On 17/11/2022 00:05, Magani wrote:

>>> iMovie isn;t too bad for a free product .
>>>
>>> Don't think I'd want to pay £250 for final cut pro.
>>>
>>> Not sure what else there is but I wouldn't want a sunscribtion option
>>> either.

>> I've dabbled in a couple recently to put together a couple of clips
>> from a recent trip so I can show the kids/grandkids what we're
>> spending their inheritance on.
>>
>> I've tried both Kdenlive and DaVinci Resolve - both free and both
>> available for Win, Apple and Linux.  I looked at Kdenlive after I'd
>> used DeVinci Resolve and while it looks good, I didn't see any reason
>> to ditch Resolve.
>>
>> Kdenlive - https://kdenlive.org/en/download/
>> DaVinci Resolve 18 -
>> https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/
>>
>> The following clips were made on DeVinci Resolve.  The amount of stuff
>> you get for $/£/€0.00 I thought was amazing. More than I'll ever use.
>> The learning curve was steep-ish but I think I managed to get there.
>>
>> Without wanting to get back into smartphones vs 'real' cameras, these
>> were shot on a Samsung S21 Ultra - the 1st proving the IP68
>> waterproofing :-) - attached to a DJI Mobile 3 gyro stabiliser.
>>
>> 1st clip is really just one continuous shot, but put through DeVinci
>> Resolve to shrink it to a suitable size for YouTube; the 2nd is the
>> culmination of a 20 minute video cut to leave out most of the boring
>> 'travel' bits to/from the ship.  The stabiliser made it a *LOT*
>> smoother than it really was
>> .
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3ITIzE7n4
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184OELYXsmY
>>
>> Elderly Australian behaving badly.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Magani
>
> Thank you so very much for this contribution, Magani!
>
> I watched and enjoyed both of your video clips. :-D
>
> I've also installed Resolve ready to experiment on a rainy day during
> the winter!
>
> In return, you may enjoy this YT video about a trip which I never made
> in nearly 40 years of narrowboating!

Missing link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdYmqKjdEns

Sorry about that!

Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<ef9c1f0f-aa9e-4cb4-bd96-4cfb4205657bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13434&group=rec.photo.digital#13434

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:53:17 -0800 (PST)
From: cdsr...@gmail.com (Magani)
 by: Magani - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 01:53 UTC

On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 6:17:11 am UTC+10, David Brooks wrote:
> On 17/11/2022 19:56, David Brooks wrote:

> >> I've dabbled in a couple recently to put together a couple of clips
> >> from a recent trip so I can show the kids/grandkids what we're
> >> spending their inheritance on.
> >>
> >> I've tried both Kdenlive and DaVinci Resolve - both free and both
> >> available for Win, Apple and Linux. I looked at Kdenlive after I'd
> >> used DeVinci Resolve and while it looks good, I didn't see any reason
> >> to ditch Resolve.
> >>
> >> Kdenlive - https://kdenlive.org/en/download/
> >> DaVinci Resolve 18 -
> >> https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/
> >>
> >> The following clips were made on DeVinci Resolve. The amount of stuff
> >> you get for $/£/€0.00 I thought was amazing. More than I'll ever use.
> >> The learning curve was steep-ish but I think I managed to get there.
> >>
> >> Without wanting to get back into smartphones vs 'real' cameras, these
> >> were shot on a Samsung S21 Ultra - the 1st proving the IP68
> >> waterproofing :-) - attached to a DJI Mobile 3 gyro stabiliser.
> >>
> >> 1st clip is really just one continuous shot, but put through DeVinci
> >> Resolve to shrink it to a suitable size for YouTube; the 2nd is the
> >> culmination of a 20 minute video cut to leave out most of the boring
> >> 'travel' bits to/from the ship. The stabiliser made it a *LOT*
> >> smoother than it really was
> >> .
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3ITIzE7n4
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184OELYXsmY
> >>
> >> Elderly Australian behaving badly.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Magani
> >
> > Thank you so very much for this contribution, Magani!
> >
> > I watched and enjoyed both of your video clips. :-D
> >
> > I've also installed Resolve ready to experiment on a rainy day during
> > the winter!
> >
> > In return, you may enjoy this YT video about a trip which I never made
> > in nearly 40 years of narrowboating!
> Missing link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdYmqKjdEns
>
> Sorry about that!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Seeking advice on making short films.

<YIMdL.1398852$9f26.163340@fx09.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=13437&group=rec.photo.digital#13437

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.computer.workshop
<klwdL.1398026$9f26.535608@fx09.ams1> <4FwdL.1398029$9f26.1217175@fx09.ams1>
<ef9c1f0f-aa9e-4cb4-bd96-4cfb4205657bn@googlegroups.com>
From: Dav...@lways.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:33:27 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:33 UTC