The life of a repo man is always intense.

tech / sci.math / Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to EuropeMild Shock
`* Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to EuropeMild Shock
 `* Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to EuropeMild Shock
  `- Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to EuropeMild Shock

1
Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe

<a74174b6-a106-4ab2-a118-780b57583e3bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=144829&group=sci.math#144829

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 01:59:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:59 UTC

Come on BKK and John Gabriel, you are both geniuses.
Show us how this series can be derived mathematically:

/* Nilakantha Somayaji Series */
π=3+4(1/(2⋅3⋅4) - 1/(4⋅5⋅6) + 1/(6⋅7⋅8) -+ ..)

Its not that difficult.
Hint: Start with the Leibniz' formula for π/4.

FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer schrieb am Montag, 2. Dezember 2019 um 09:23:32 UTC+1:
> [...]
> awareness of it's Indian origins- What is the point?
>

> It's not everything. It is only the bare minimum information to help
> people understand the extent of the injustice and historical mechanics
> behind it. The book, videos and articles by Prof CK Raju is critical for
> a rigorous treatment of it.
>
> People underestimate the importance of the Vedic place value system.
> Look how OUTRAGEOUSLY complicated a simple multiplication is if we were
> to use the Roman numerals. This is a post-attic method developed in
> medieval times. How could primitive Greeks do any better?
>

> The Greeks had named numbers only upto 10,000( Myriad)
> Already in ancient times, the Vedic mathematicians had developed a
> Sanskrit system for naming and notation of inconceivably large numbers.
> Yet Marxist and European textbooks give the clear impression of Greek
> superiority.
>
> Whole number addition using the Roman numerals is considerably easier
> than multiplication,but even that is still laborious in comparison to
> the Indian.
>
> So how did Greeks such as Archimedes arrive at infinitesimals and
> summation of areas in original Greek numerals?
>

> European narcissism is based on bloated lies like this. Calculus appears
> SUDDENLY, in a FULLY developed form in 17thC Europe. There was no
> 'gradual progression'. They were learning to use the decimals in the
> 16th century, and within a few decades, they JUMPED to calculus.
>

> A 1000 year effort-
> Aryabhatta 490 AD-Notion of infinitesimals, basic differential equation
> Manjua 900 AD- Elaboration of Aryabhatta's differential
> Bhaskara 1150AD- Diff' & infinitesimal calculus, 'Rolle's' theorem
> Madhava & Co- Infinite series expansions
>

> Name correction *Manjula, one of the earliest to work on differentiation
> was a 10th century mathematician who obtained the result δu = δv ± e cos
> θ δ θ for Tatkalika-Gati(Instantaneous motion)
>

> KSOM was based in Irinjalakuda. The Mysore invasion of Kerala by Hyder
> Ali & #TipuSultan was DIRECTLY responsible for ending it. The last
> Kerala Mathematician Sankara Varman(1774–1839) fled to Travancore when
> temples & institutions were destroyed by him.
>
> Sankara Varman, the last Kerala Mathematician, fled to Travancore and
> later became a friend of CM Whish, a British officer at Madras who was
> also a Linguist and adept at Math. He was astonished by the
> sophisticated calculus in the possession of Sankara.
>

> Whish tried to bring it to the attention of his superior officers and
> publish reports on the development of Calculus in India predating Newton
> by centuries. But the amount of racism and arrogance on the part of his
> conceited fellow British were beyond his imagination.
>

> But Whish had studied the Yuktibhasa and Tantrasamgraha and was
> convinced that the proofs contained therein were far superior to that of
> any European before him. (And would begin to be matched only later that

Click here to read the complete article
Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe

<83cea64e-930d-4cff-b758-f2765ec882f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=144831&group=sci.math#144831

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 02:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 09:20 UTC

Maybe India will soon make it to the moon
via Chandrayaan-3. Meanwhile the Rest of the
World can even not explain this series:

/* Nilakantha Somayaji Series */
π=3+4(1/(2⋅3⋅4) - 1/(4⋅5⋅6) + 1/(6⋅7⋅8) -+ ..)

Come on BKK and John Gabriel, you are
both geniuses. Let it shine, derive the above
series, and show us that the Rest of the World,

hasn't become an idiocracy yet.

<7363cccf-e9d1-47bc-9d84-e83b85d02169n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=145194&group=sci.math#145194

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 01:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:23 UTC

Still nobody?

Proof 3: by Grégoire Nicollier
one has immediately Nilakantha's series
https://www.cut-the-knot.org/arithmetic/algebra/TriPiInPascal.shtml

Seems to be a decedant of Heinz Hopf:

Ph.D. ETH Zürich 1984
Advisor: Urs Stammbach Advisor 2: Guido Mislin
https://www.genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=18465

LoL

Mild Shock schrieb am Sonntag, 13. August 2023 um 11:20:13 UTC+2:
> Maybe India will soon make it to the moon
> via Chandrayaan-3. Meanwhile the Rest of the
> World can even not explain this series:
> /* Nilakantha Somayaji Series */
> π=3+4(1/(2⋅3⋅4) - 1/(4⋅5⋅6) + 1/(6⋅7⋅8) -+ ..)
> Come on BKK and John Gabriel, you are
> both geniuses. Let it shine, derive the above
> series, and show us that the Rest of the World,
>
> hasn't become an idiocracy yet.
> Mild Shock schrieb am Sonntag, 13. August 2023 um 10:59:24 UTC+2:

Re: The Indian Vedic origins of calculus & its transmission to Europe

<629aed26-c67a-46a6-8b33-ed7d3f5e90aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=145996&group=sci.math#145996

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 13:42:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: burse...@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 20:42 UTC

Congratulation, they did it!

Congratulations to India for landing Chandrayaan-3
on the Moon — joining Russia, USA, & China as the
only countries to have achieved this feat. More
importantly, it’s the first mission of any country to
arrive near the Lunar South Pole - a possible
location for future Moon bases.
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1694389319509684598

The moon is getting quite a dump now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artificial_objects_on_the_Moon