Lack of skill dictates economy of style. -- Joey Ramone

computers / comp.mobile.android / iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

SubjectAuthor
* iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup &paul
+* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease ofWade Garrett
> [...]
|        |  `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backpaul
|        |   +- Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease ofAlan Baker
|        |   `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backnospam
|        |    `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backpaul
|        |     `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backnospam
|        |      `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backpaul
|        |       `- Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease ofAlan Baker
|        `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backYour Name
|         `- Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backpaul
+* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease ofLewis
|`- Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backpaul
`* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease ofBob Campbell
 `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backYour Name
  `* Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backBob Campbell
   `- Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease ofsms

Pages:12
iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbhqpk$1lc7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17282&group=comp.mobile.android#17282

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:15:40 +0200
 by: paul - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:15 UTC

Fact for Steve's list: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared
to the ease (and inherent power) of Android APK backup & restore.

FACT:
Everyone who knows anything about Android knows about this yes/no switch.
<https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>

COMPONENTS:
This is _impossible_ to do with iOS where (1) everything is done on the
device, all by its itty bitty self, and (2) the results (for free apps) are
usable on (almost) _any_ Android device on the planet, and (3) the exact APK
subversion is saved even _before_ it is installed, and (4) every subversion
is saved for re-use later (if desired) and (5) these APKs can be saved to
external sdcard (if desired) to be popped into another device (if desired),
and (6) no second computer is needed, and (7) not a single Apple/Google
branded untested vulnerability infused set of bloatware is required and (8)
an Apple/Google account isn't even required.

This doesn't even cover the freedom & ease of obtaining the apps themselves,
which, for Android, can be obtained anonymously from any repository using
modern _persistent filters_ which are so sensible and usable that these
persistent filters easily put Apple's primitive App Store method to shame.

These above, are simply facts everyone who knows anything, already knows.

ASSESSMENT:
iOS IPA subversion backup & restore is a far less functional complexity
filled clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore.
<https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>
--
How can Steve claim iOS backup is even close to better than Android when on
Android, the backup happens _before_ you even install the app from the

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbhvmk$be2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17283&group=comp.mobile.android#17283

From: wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of
Android APK backup & restore
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 10:39:16 -0400
 by: Wade Garrett - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 14:39 UTC

On 6/30/21 9:15 AM, paul wrote:
> Fact for Steve's list: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared
> to the ease (and inherent power) of Android APK backup & restore.
>
> FACT:
> Everyone who knows anything about Android knows about this yes/no switch.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>
>
> COMPONENTS:
> This is _impossible_ to do with iOS where (1) everything is done on the
> device, all by its itty bitty self, and (2) the results (for free apps) are
> usable on (almost) _any_ Android device on the planet, and (3) the exact APK
> subversion is saved even _before_ it is installed, and (4) every subversion
> is saved for re-use later (if desired) and (5) these APKs can be saved to
> external sdcard (if desired) to be popped into another device (if desired),
> and (6) no second computer is needed, and (7) not a single Apple/Google
> branded untested vulnerability infused set of bloatware is required and (8)
> an Apple/Google account isn't even required.
>
> This doesn't even cover the freedom & ease of obtaining the apps themselves,
> which, for Android, can be obtained anonymously from any repository using
> modern _persistent filters_ which are so sensible and usable that these
> persistent filters easily put Apple's primitive App Store method to shame.
>
> These above, are simply facts everyone who knows anything, already knows.
>
> ASSESSMENT:
> iOS IPA subversion backup & restore is a far less functional complexity
> filled clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>

Here's a tip: Sell your iPhone, buy an Android...and go post somewhere
else ;-)

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbi5j6$1307$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17284&group=comp.mobile.android#17284

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 18:19:58 +0200
 by: paul - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:19 UTC

Wade Garrett wrote on 30.06.2021 10:39
> Here's a tip: Sell your iPhone, buy an Android...
> and go post somewhere else ;-)

Below is an _adult_ response, with facts, cites, and an adult assessment.

OBSERVATION:
*What is consistent is how the dozen apologists _hate_ facts about Apple*.
Apologists hate what Apple is - so much - they _hate_ facts about Apple.

CLARIFICATION:
*The dozen apologists wish to remain utterly _ignorant_ of what Apple is.*
Yet, these FACTUAL screenshots _scare_ the dozen Apple Apologists to death.

FACTS:
(1) Setting to _not_ delete the downloaded APK (automatic saving of APKs!):
<https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>

(2) Intelligent filters (eliminate undesired features search results!):
<https://i.postimg.cc/vTdMwgnW/apk02.jpg>

(3) Persistent filters (no need to set custom filters on every search!):
<https://postimg.cc/delete/BzNf5F9Z/d9ce1596>

ASSESSMENT:
The iOS IPA backup & restore is a dysfunctional clusterfuck compared to the
simplicity, functionality, power & ease of Android APK backup & restore.

SUMMARY:
Everyone who knows _anything_ about Android knows these facts to be true.
--
These apologists consistently wish to remain ignorant of facts about Apple.
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbicdl$834$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17285&group=comp.mobile.android#17285

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android APK backup & restore
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:16:24 -0700
 by: sms - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 18:16 UTC

On 6/30/2021 7:39 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

<snip>

> Here's a tip: Sell your iPhone, buy an Android...and go post somewhere
> else ;-)

The capability that Arlen/Paul is complaining about is available on
jailbroken iPhones for those that want it or need it. See
<https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/5pkxs5/tutorial_repackaging_ipa_using_ipa_installer/>.

It is true that there are times when this capability is useful. For
example, an old app that has been removed from the App store, but is
present on a device, could be saved to a computer then could be
installed on a new device.

23 iOS Features Some of Which that [many] Android Users Wish they Had
80 Android Features Some of Which that [many] iOS Users Wish they Had

<https://tinyurl.com/fzje7h9e> or
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE>

✓ Extensively Referenced and 100% Fact Checked ✓

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<300620211417491710%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17286&group=comp.mobile.android#17286

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 14:17:49 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 18:17 UTC

In article <sbicdl$834$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> The capability that Arlen/Paul is complaining about is available on
> jailbroken iPhones for those that want it or need it.

it's available on all iphones, no jailbreaking required.

stop spreading disinformation.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbim0i$ih7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17289&group=comp.mobile.android#17289

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease
of Android APK backup & restore
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:00:02 +0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:00 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <sbicdl$834$1@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> The capability that Arlen/Paul is complaining about is available on
>> jailbroken iPhones for those that want it or need it.
>
> it's available on all iphones, no jailbreaking required.
>
> stop spreading disinformation.

From what I know it is only available using the “app-only” version of
iTunes. Is that true?

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbin7n$ids$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17290&group=comp.mobile.android#17290

From: occassio...@nospam.co.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:21:02 +0100
 by: Peter - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:21 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> It is true that there are times when this capability is useful. For
> example, an old app that has been removed from the App store, but is
> present on a device, could be saved to a computer then could be
> installed on a new device.

Whoooosh.
That's not at all what the op was describing for android backup & restore.

His pictures show pre installation auto archival (which android does).
You are describing post installation extraction (which android also does).

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<300620211728471386%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17291&group=comp.mobile.android#17291

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 17:28:47 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:28 UTC

In article <sbim0i$ih7$1@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The capability that Arlen/Paul is complaining about is available on
> >> jailbroken iPhones for those that want it or need it.
> >
> > it's available on all iphones, no jailbreaking required.
> >
> > stop spreading disinformation.
> >

> From what I know it is only available using the ³app-only² version of
> iTunes. Is that true?

not true. there are at least two additional methods which will work in
addition to itunes, plus two more i can think of that might work but i
have not tested them.

he's vey wrong.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbinp5$lk6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17292&group=comp.mobile.android#17292

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android APK backup & restore
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 14:30:16 -0700
 by: sms - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:30 UTC

On 6/30/2021 2:00 PM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> From what I know it is only available using the “app-only” version of
> iTunes. Is that true?

There appear to be a few ways to accomplish this:

1. You can use iMazing, https://imazing.com/
2. You can use Apple Configurator 2 on a Mac
3. You can use iTunes 12.6.5 on a Windows VM (iTunes 12.7 removed
support for IPA backup and restore).
4. You can jailbreak and use ipa_installer
<https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/5pkxs5/tutorial_repackaging_ipa_using_ipa_installer/>

But Arlen/Paul's point is well-taken. What's easy to do on Android, is
more difficult on iOS.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<300620211749004202%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17293&group=comp.mobile.android#17293

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 17:49:00 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:49 UTC

In article <sbinp5$lk6$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> > From what I know it is only available using the ³app-only² version of
> > iTunes. Is that true?
>
> There appear to be a few ways to accomplish this:

backpedaling so soon?

> 1. You can use iMazing, https://imazing.com/
> 2. You can use Apple Configurator 2 on a Mac

yep.

> 3. You can use iTunes 12.6.5 on a Windows VM

that works on both mac and windows, and without any need for a vm.

> (iTunes 12.7 removed
> support for IPA backup and restore).

some people say that still works, although i haven't tested it.

> 4. You can jailbreak and use ipa_installer

no need to jailbreak.

there are also additional methods you are omitting, but the what's more
important is that you listed three methods that do *not* require
jailbreaking, contradicting your earlier claim, hoping that nobody
would notice. they did.

> But Arlen/Paul's point is well-taken.

it is not.

> What's easy to do on Android, is
> more difficult on iOS.

it's actually easier on ios.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbiqhn$che$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17294&group=comp.mobile.android#17294

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 00:17:36 +0200
 by: paul - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:17 UTC

sms wrote on 30.06.2021 22:30
> What's easy to do on Android, is more difficult on iOS.

What's trivial for Android for backup, is literally _impossible_ on iOS.

Nobody understood that I wasn't even talking about APK/IPA extraction.
Sure, automatic extraction is trivial on Android (it's just a switch).

This thread is about Steve's assessment of IPA/APK backup functionality.

The fact is:
*Android backup/restore is automatic (iOS backup/restore is a clusterfuck)*

The fact is *Android backs up apps even _before_ you install them!*
<https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>

*Android (1) downloads the APK (2) installs the app & (3) _keeps_ the APK.*
*It's really that easy.*

There's so much Android backup/restore does that iOS can't, it's shocking:
a. Android APK archival is 100% assured even if the app no longer exists
b. Android automatically archives every version ever installed
c. Android APK archival is automatic (happens _before_ apps are installed!)
d. Android doesn't need any account to install app store apps (iOS does)
e. Android doesn't need a second computer or Apple/Google bloatware either
f. Android spoofs any device & version (if desired) whereas iOS can't
g. Android can set extremely powerful filters if desired (iOS can't)
h. Android has extensive blacklists (if desired), iOS doesn't
i. Android filters are persistent if desired (iOS filters aren't)
j. Android (free) APKs work on (almost) any device (iOS IPA don't)
k. Android APK extraction is automatic (iOS IPA extraction is a clusterfuck)
l. Android restore puts apps in the exact place on the homepage as before
m. Android can install from any of a number of well vetted repositories
n. Android can install apps using a web browser on the phone or on the PC
etc.

On Android, backup is completely automatic & is done on the device all by
itself (literally _before_ the app is installed by the user (if desired)).

The iOS clusterfuck can't do almost everything above that Android does.
--
It's shocking how ignorant the apologists are of something even this simple!
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Wade Garrett, Your Name, et al.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbirrc$r2c$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17295&group=comp.mobile.android#17295

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 10:39:43 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:39 UTC

On 2021-06-30 21:21:02 +0000, Peter said:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>> It is true that there are times when this capability is useful. For
>> example, an old app that has been removed from the App store, but is
>> present on a device, could be saved to a computer then could be
>> installed on a new device.
>
> Whoooosh.
> That's not at all what the op was describing for android backup & restore.
>
> His pictures show pre installation auto archival (which android does).
> You are describing post installation extraction (which android also does).

This is an iPhone newsgroup. Nobody gives a cap what Android does or
doesn't do.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<300620211853577985%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17296&group=comp.mobile.android#17296

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 18:53:57 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:53 UTC

In article <sbirrc$r2c$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Your Name
<YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> This is an iPhone newsgroup. Nobody gives a cap what Android does or
> doesn't do.

it's crossposted to iphone and android groups, by one of the trolls.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbit25$1815$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17297&group=comp.mobile.android#17297

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 01:00:30 +0200
 by: paul - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:00 UTC

nospam wrote on 01.07.2021 00:53
>> This is an iPhone newsgroup. Nobody gives a cap what Android does or
>> doesn't do.
>
> it's crossposted to iphone and android groups

It's an adult comparison of the Apple app backup/restore clusterfuck versus
how Android does it - because - Steve posted that iOS backup is "better".

Yet, it's easily shown most of what Android does is _impossible_ on iOS.
And worse, what little backup that "can" be done on iOS, is a clusterfuck.

*On Android, the app is auto-backed up _before_ the user even installs it!*
It just works. <https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>
--
Apologists are ignorant of even the simplest features of app backup/restore.
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Wade Garrett, Your Name, et al.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbitc6$mtp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17298&group=comp.mobile.android#17298

From: notonyou...@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android APK backup & restore
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:05:42 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:05 UTC

On 2021-06-30 4:00 p.m., paul wrote:
> nospam wrote on 01.07.2021 00:53
>>> This is an iPhone newsgroup. Nobody gives a cap what Android does or
>>> doesn't do.
>>
>> it's crossposted to iphone and android groups
>
> It's an adult comparison of the Apple app backup/restore clusterfuck versus
> how Android does it - because - Steve posted that iOS backup is "better".

Backup and restore on iOS devices works perfectly for everyone except a
handful of malcontents who want to find something to complain about.

> Yet, it's easily shown most of what Android does is _impossible_ on iOS.
> And worse, what little backup that "can" be done on iOS, is a clusterfuck.
>
> *On Android, the app is auto-backed up _before_ the user even installs it!*
> It just works. <https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<300620212025599262%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17300&group=comp.mobile.android#17300

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 20:25:59 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 00:25 UTC

In article <sbitc6$mtp$1@dont-email.me>, Alan Baker
<notonyourlife@no.no.no.no> wrote:

> > It's an adult comparison of the Apple app backup/restore clusterfuck versus
> > how Android does it - because - Steve posted that iOS backup is "better".
>
> Backup and restore on iOS devices works perfectly for everyone except a
> handful of malcontents who want to find something to complain about.

yep, plus their complaints aren't even valid.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<300620212026009350%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17301&group=comp.mobile.android#17301

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 20:26:00 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 00:26 UTC

In article <sbit25$1815$1@gioia.aioe.org>, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> It's an adult comparison of the Apple app backup/restore clusterfuck versus
> how Android does it

nothing adult about it. it's yet another one of your ignorant rants
where you show just how little you understand about pretty much
everything.

> - because - Steve posted that iOS backup is "better".

one of the few things where he is correct. backing up is much better on
ios. it's not even close.

> Yet, it's easily shown most of what Android does is _impossible_ on iOS.

nope

> And worse, what little backup that "can" be done on iOS, is a clusterfuck.

nope

> *On Android, the app is auto-backed up _before_ the user even installs it!*
> It just works. <https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>

you do not understand what a backup actually is.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<ik4lqcF6i59U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17303&group=comp.mobile.android#17303

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android APK backup & restore
Date: 1 Jul 2021 01:58:37 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 01:58 UTC

On 2021-06-30, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <sbirrc$r2c$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Your Name
><YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>> This is an iPhone newsgroup. Nobody gives a cap what Android does or
>> doesn't do.
>
> it's crossposted to iphone and android groups, by one of the trolls.

Well yes, Arlen is forever trying to turn every other Apple newsgroup
into the complete shit storm that is *.advocacy, because: troll.

JR

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbjc81$1t0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17305&group=comp.mobile.android#17305

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 05:19:36 +0200
 by: paul - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:19 UTC

nospam wrote on 01.07.2021 02:25

>>> It's an adult comparison of the Apple app backup/restore clusterfuck versus
>>> how Android does it - because - Steve posted that iOS backup is "better".
>>
>> Backup and restore on iOS devices works perfectly for everyone except a
>> handful of malcontents who want to find something to complain about.
>
> yep, plus their complaints aren't even valid.

Everyone on Android knows about the backup functionality I listed nospam.

And yet, that *backup functionality is _impossible_ on iOS*, even with your
use of a second computer and hundreds of megabytes of Apple bloatware on it.

What you apologists _hate_ is that iOS IPA backup is a royal clusterfuck.
--
What's shocking is how utterly ignorant apologists are of modern tools.
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Wade Garrett, Your Name, et al.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<300620212323328485%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17307&group=comp.mobile.android#17307

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:23:32 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:23 UTC

In article <sbjc81$1t0$1@gioia.aioe.org>, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> Everyone on Android knows about the backup functionality I listed.

everyone on the planet knows you're nothing more than an ignorant troll
whose dumbfuckery knows no bounds.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbjclb$5md$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17308&group=comp.mobile.android#17308

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 05:26:41 +0200
 by: paul - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:26 UTC

nospam wrote on 01.07.2021 02:26
>> It's an adult comparison of the Apple app backup/restore clusterfuck versus
>> how Android does it
>
> nothing adult about it. it's yet another one of your ignorant rants
> where you show just how little you understand about pretty much
> everything.

Almost everything I mentioned for Android backup is _impossible_ on iOS.
Even with your second computer & Apple MARKETING mandated clusterfuck.

>> - because - Steve posted that iOS backup is "better".
>
> one of the few things where he is correct. backing up is much better on
> ios. it's not even close.

And yet, almost everything listed for Android backup is _impossible_ on iOS.
For example, my backed up Motorola APKs work just fine on my Samsung phone!

Something even _that_ simple is _impossible_ with your iOS clusterfuck.

>> Yet, it's easily shown most of what Android does is _impossible_ on iOS.
>
> nope

You say "nope" because you _hate_ the iOS backup is a royal clusterfuck.
Even _with_ the Apple clusterfuck you _still_ can't do what Android does.

>> And worse, what little backup that "can" be done on iOS, is a clusterfuck.
>
> nope

My Android APKs are backed up _before_ I even install the apps, nospam.
You can't do that even _with_ a 2nd PC using the Apple mandated clusterfuck.

>> *On Android, the app is auto-backed up _before_ the user even installs it!*
>> It just works. <https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>
>
> you do not understand what a backup actually is.

Every Android app APK is saved _before_ I even _install_ the app, nospam.
Not only that, but it doesn't need a 2nd computer & loads of Apple crapware.

You can't even do something _that_ simple _with_ that 2nd PC & Apple crap!
--
What's consistitent is how much these apologists _hate_ lack of iOS
functionality so much that they brazenly fabricate imaginary functionality.
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Wade Garrett, Your Name, et al.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbjcq5$6td$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17309&group=comp.mobile.android#17309

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 05:29:15 +0200
 by: paul - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:29 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote on 01.07.2021 03:58
>> it's crossposted to iphone and android groups, by one of the trolls.
>
> Well yes, Arlen is forever trying to turn every other Apple newsgroup
> into the complete shit storm that is *.advocacy, because: troll.

And yet, it proves beyond any doubt (for adults) that the iOS method of
backup (mandated by Apple MARKETING, by the way), is a royal clusterfuck.

The Apple clusterfuck can't even do almost all that Android already does.

Steve needs to make note that Android APK backup contains functionality
which is _impossible_ to do on iOS - even with Apple clusterfuck methods.
--
These apologists _hate_ that Apple mandates the iOS IPA backup clusterfuck.
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Wade Garrett, Your Name, et al.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbjde8$c8d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17311&group=comp.mobile.android#17311

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 05:39:58 +0200
 by: paul - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:39 UTC

nospam wrote on 01.07.2021 05:23

>> Everyone on Android knows about the backup functionality I listed.
>
> everyone on the planet knows you're nothing more than an ignorant troll
> whose dumbfuckery knows no bounds.

What's consistent is apologists have absolutely no _adult_ defense to facts.
The facts were shown the iOS IPA backup is an Apple-mandated clusterfuck.

Meanwhile, on Android, automatic APK backup occurs even _before_ you install
the app (if desired).

It's just a switch. It's that easy. It just works.
<https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>
--
Apologists are who turn Apple newsgroups into their kindergarten cesspool.
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Wade Garrett, Your Name, et al.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<sbjeci$kk1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17312&group=comp.mobile.android#17312

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 05:56:08 +0200
 by: paul - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:56 UTC

badgolferman wrote on 30.06.2021 23:00
>> it's available on all iphones, no jailbreaking required.
>>
>> stop spreading disinformation.
>>

> From what I know it is only available using the �app-only� version of
> iTunes. Is that true?

Hi badgolferman,

The difference between you and apologists is you can act like an adult.

As you know, my facts are never wrong, not because I'm intelligent and well
educated, but because I don't claim functionality unless I use it myself.

And, for Android, the APK backup happens even _before_ you install the app!
<https://i.postimg.cc/zf8ybgYB/apk01.jpg>

It doesn't get any simpler nor more automatic than that!
It just works.

Better yet, that APK from my LG will work on my Moto & on my Samsung.
Again... It just works.

Compare that to the Apple-mandated IPA clusterfuck that nospam is excusing.

What you'll see with _all_ the apologists, nospam being paramount, is they
have always _fabricated_ purely imaginary iOS IPA backup functionality.

From the days of David Empsen, they've been fabricating imaginary backup
functionality for iOS.

Why?
I don't know why.

I suspect they _hate_ the utter lack of basic IPA backup functionality.
--
It's doubtful any of these apologists could earn even a college degree.
Alan Baker, Chris, Haemactylus, Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger,
Lewis, nospam, Rod Speed, Wade Garrett, Your Name, et al.

Re: iOS backup of IPAs is a clusterfuck compared to the ease of Android APK backup & restore

<ik4unkF84qkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=17313&group=comp.mobile.android#17313

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Android APK backup & restore
Date: 1 Jul 2021 04:30:44 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 04:30 UTC

On 2021-07-01, paul <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote on 01.07.2021 03:58
>>>
>>> it's crossposted to iphone and android groups, by one of the trolls.
>>
>> Well yes, Arlen is forever trying to turn every other Apple newsgroup
>> into the complete shit storm that is *.advocacy, because: troll.
>
> And yet, it proves beyond any doubt (for adults) that the iOS method
> of backup (mandated by Apple MARKETING, by the way), is a royal
> clusterfuck.

Case in point. The fool can't help but out himself as a troll.

JR