Help! I'm trapped in a Chinese computer factory!

computers / comp.mobile.android / iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

SubjectAuthor
* iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Androidsms
`* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
 +* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usharry hornsley
 |`* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Androidsms
 | `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
 |  `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usharry hornsley
 |   `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Androidsms
 |    +- Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
 |    `- Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usharry hornsley
 `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  +* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
  |`* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | +* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All AndroidAlan
  | |`* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | | `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All AndroidAlan
  | |  `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | |   `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All AndroidAlan
  | |    `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | |     +* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
  | |     |+- Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | |     |`* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All AndroidJoerg Lorenz
  | |     | `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
  | |     |  `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | |     |   `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All AndroidJoerg Lorenz
  | |     |    `- Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | |     `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All AndroidAlan
  | |      `- Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  | `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
  |  `- Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
  `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Androidsms
   `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
    `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel
     `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Androidsms
      `* Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Usnospam
       `- Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices UsBram van den Heuvel

Pages:12
iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<tgkjrb$2iii3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34285&group=comp.mobile.android#34285

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android
Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 08:37:14 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:37 UTC

While the Apple iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, include a feature
called "Dynamic Island," all Android devices can get this functionality
by using an App called "dynamicSpot - Multitasking," see
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.dynamicspot.

This is a free app with no advertising but the author requests that you
“buy him a coffee.”

I added this to the document <https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>
as 194a on page 91.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<230920221405384807%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34286&group=comp.mobile.android#34286

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 14:05:38 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:05 UTC

In article <tgkjrb$2iii3$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> While the Apple iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, include a feature
> called "Dynamic Island," all Android devices can get this functionality
> by using an App called "dynamicSpot - Multitasking," see
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.dynamicspot.

that's not surprising, as android is always copying stuff apple does,
however, it doesn't do anywhere near much nor is it as integrated.

<https://www.androidpolice.com/first-look-dynamicspot-apple-dynamic-isla
nd-on-android/>
...The developer notes that the app doesn¹t connect to the internet
itself, which sounds good for privacy, but the absence of other
permissions, like Bluetooth and GPS, means it loses out on the
ability to display alerts when Bluetooth devices connect ‹ a feature
seen on the iPhone 14 Pro.

> This is a free app with no advertising but the author requests that you
> ³buy him a coffee.²

actually it's $5, for very basic functionality.

<https://www.xda-developers.com/android-phones-now-have-a-dynamic-island-
known-as-dynamicspot/>
If you¹re looking for more functionality, the app does have a pro
option that will come in at $4.99. The paid version will unlock new
features such as giving the user the ability to show the dynamicSpot
on the lock screen, and gaining access to single tap and long press
actions.

> I added this to the document

and as usual, omitting critical details.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<tgo0au$34q9o$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34290&group=comp.mobile.android#34290

From: har...@delwatergap.com (harry hornsley)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:28:45 -0400
logging-data="3303736"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: harry hornsley - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 22:28 UTC

nospam said:

> it doesn't do anywhere near much nor is it as integrated

What does it do for an Android user that is useful?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<tgsgj6$3p37s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34315&group=comp.mobile.android#34315

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 08:30:44 -0700
 by: sms - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 15:30 UTC

On 9/24/2022 3:28 PM, harry hornsley wrote:
> nospam said:
>
>> it doesn't do anywhere near much nor is it as integrated
>
> What does it do for an Android user that is useful?

Here's what Dynamic Island on the iPhone 14 Pro models does:
<https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/use-dynamic-island-iphone-14-pro/>

Dynamic Spot has just been released and the developer has been adding
functionality. Most of the functionality in Dynamic Island will be
available in Dynamic Spot, except for Apple=specific things like Airdrop
and Apple Watch unlocking. Plus, it's available on all Android devices,
while iPhone's Dynamic Island is only on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.

Are Dynamic Island and Dynamic Spot useful? It's more that they're
convenient. There's nothing that could not be done without them, but
it's still a nice feature.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<260920221149073407%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34316&group=comp.mobile.android#34316

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 11:49:07 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 15:49 UTC

In article <tgsgj6$3p37s$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> Most of the functionality in Dynamic Island will be
> available in Dynamic Spot, except for Apple=specific things like Airdrop
> and Apple Watch unlocking.

only a subset of functionality will be available, however, the key
difference is that on iphones, apps benefit from it automatically,
without needing to make any changes.

> Plus, it's available on all Android devices,
> while iPhone's Dynamic Island is only on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.

it's available only if someone knows about the app, installs it and
pays for the full functionality.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<tgvht4$227u$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34332&group=comp.mobile.android#34332

From: har...@delwatergap.com (harry hornsley)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 19:11:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: harry hornsley - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 19:11 UTC

nospam said:

>> Plus, it's available on all Android devices,
>> while iPhone's Dynamic Island is only on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.
>
> it's available only if someone knows about the app, installs it and
> pays for the full functionality.

What does it do that you can't do anyway without it?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th1ro2$d58o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34335&group=comp.mobile.android#34335

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 09:11:43 -0700
 by: sms - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:11 UTC

On 9/27/2022 12:11 PM, harry hornsley wrote:
> nospam said:
>
>>> Plus, it's available on all Android devices,
>>> while iPhone's Dynamic Island is only on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.
>>
>> it's available only if someone knows about the app, installs it and
>> pays for the full functionality.
>
> What does it do that you can't do anyway without it?

There is nothing you can't do anyway without it. It just makes
performing certain tasks more convenient. Ditto for Dynamic Island on
the iPhone 14 Pro.

I think that "it's only available if someone knows about the app,
installs it, and pays for the full functionality" is about one of the
dumbest things that our favorite troll has ever posted. First, because
like all apps, it's only available if you install it. Second because the
free version of the app is still very useful.

Just install the free version. If you don't like it then uninstall it.

The ability to uninstall it is one plus! Unlike the iPhone's Dynamic
Island, which can't be turned off (it's been a question asked by iPhone
14 Pro users that don't like it).

Also, a huge advantage of dynamicspot is that the user can select which
apps it works with. On the iPhone, you don't get that capability with
Dynamic Island, Apple decides which apps it works or doesn't work with
and the user can't change that, "At launch, there is no way to turn off
the Dynamic Island when using your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max. If you
go to Settings, there’s no option to select Dynamic Island in the apps
it works with, like Apple Music or Instagram. So yes, the Dynamic Island
is always on."

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th1sc7$1jdm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34336&group=comp.mobile.android#34336

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:22:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:22 UTC

On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 14:05:38 -0400, nospam wrote:

> android is always copying stuff apple does

Is this Android copying Apple stuff as you said or really just one Android
/DEVELOPER/ copying Apple stuff (which is what you maybe had meant to say)?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<280920221250357786%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34337&group=comp.mobile.android#34337

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:50:35 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:50 UTC

In article <th1ro2$d58o$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> There is nothing you can't do anyway without it. It just makes
> performing certain tasks more convenient. Ditto for Dynamic Island on
> the iPhone 14 Pro.

actually there is quite a bit that can't be done without it.

the claim that dynamic spot is equivalent to the iphone 14 pro is
laughable, at best.

> I think that "it's only available if someone knows about the app,
> installs it, and pays for the full functionality" is about one of the
> dumbest things that our favorite troll has ever posted.

nothing more than your usual ad hominem attacks.

> First, because
> like all apps, it's only available if you install it.

that means most android users won't have it, which means developers
aren't going to be overly inclined to support it, greatly limiting its
functionality.

> Second because the
> free version of the app is still very useful.

not really, and it's nowhere near as functional either.

> The ability to uninstall it is one plus! Unlike the iPhone's Dynamic
> Island, which can't be turned off (it's been a question asked by iPhone
> 14 Pro users that don't like it).

more fabricated rubbish. nothing will please everyone, but the response
to the dynamic island is overwhelmingly positive.

> Also, a huge advantage of dynamicspot is that the user can select which
> apps it works with. On the iPhone, you don't get that capability with
> Dynamic Island, Apple decides which apps it works or doesn't work with
> and the user can't change that,

also incorrect. apple provides the functionality. users can control it,
and app developers also have apis to add functionality if they choose
to do so.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<280920221250408054%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34339&group=comp.mobile.android#34339

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:50:40 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:50 UTC

In article <th1sc7$1jdm$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Bram van den Heuvel
<braam456987@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > android is always copying stuff apple does
>
> Is this Android copying Apple stuff as you said or really just one Android
> /DEVELOPER/ copying Apple stuff (which is what you maybe had meant to say)?

it's not just one developer and not just one feature either.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th1ui1$bd4r$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34340&group=comp.mobile.android#34340

From: har...@delwatergap.com (harry hornsley)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:59:45 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="373915"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: harry hornsley - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:59 UTC

sms said:
>> What does it do that you can't do anyway without it?
>
> There is nothing you can't do anyway without it.

That's what I thought based on reading what you & others said it does.
The app says it's in early beta so I'm sure more will be added soon.

> It just makes
> performing certain tasks more convenient.

Nothing wrong with that. I will test the dynamic Spot app to learn more.

> I think that "it's only available if someone knows about the app,
> installs it, and pays for the full functionality" is about one of the
> dumbest things that our favorite troll has ever posted. First, because
> like all apps, it's only available if you install it. Second because the
> free version of the app is still very useful.

That favorite troll also said Android is always copying stuff Apple does
but he ignored that Apple is also always copying stuff Android does.

That favorite troll probably doesn't understand the nature of software
design where every developer can copy whatever they want to copy from
wherever they want to copy it from.

It works both ways.

> Just install the free version. If you don't like it then uninstall it.

I installed the app called Dynamic Island dynamicSpot from Jawomo.

It asks me to select apps, and give it notification access, and to draw on
top of the other apps and it says it has no data collection.

You can change the size of the popup offset position X and Y and the offset
size of X & Y and the edge rounding, but I left them at their defaults.

I wasn't sure which apps to select that activate the popup.
Do you have a suggestion for a common app to use as a good test app?

I wasn't sure whether which of two selections for notification access.
Settings>Accessibility>Installed apps>dynamic Spot

There are two on/off switches to choose from.
When I selected the first switch it asked me to allow dynamic Spot to have
full control of your phone.

But there was also a second switch which was labeled as dynamic Spot
shortcut. It also asked if I wanted to allow it full control and it said
something about accessibility access.

Which of those two access buttons do you suggest I set?

> The ability to uninstall it is one plus! Unlike the iPhone's Dynamic
> Island, which can't be turned off (it's been a question asked by iPhone
> 14 Pro users that don't like it).

You should always be able to uninstall any app you don't want anymore.
> Also, a huge advantage of dynamicspot is that the user can select which
> apps it works with.

With great power comes great responsibility.
Which apps do you suggest I turn on for Dynamic Spot to test it out best?

> On the iPhone, you don't get that capability with
> Dynamic Island, Apple decides which apps it works or doesn't work with
> and the user can't change that, "At launch, there is no way to turn off
> the Dynamic Island when using your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max.

The only features that require buying a coffee seem to be show on
lockscreen, single tap to open the app, long press to expand or collapse
the popup and autohide the expanded popups only after a selectable time
period which are not important to me.

That means the free version will be good for my needs as I see them now.

> If you
> go to Settings, there's no option to select Dynamic Island in the apps
> it works with, like Apple Music or Instagram. So yes, the Dynamic Island
> is always on."

The second set of settings in dynamic Spot are popup settings.
They have multiple popups turned off. Do you suggest I turn it on?
They also have a swipe to clear on/off option. What do you use for that?

The autohide is set to ten seconds but there's a slider to change it.
The when touching outside option is turned on by default.
What does that do?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th1vdf$10n2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34341&group=comp.mobile.android#34341

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:14:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:14 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:50:40 -0400, nospam wrote:

> In article <th1sc7$1jdm$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Bram van den Heuvel
> <braam456987@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>> android is always copying stuff apple does
>>
>> Is this Android copying Apple stuff as you said or really just one Android
>> /DEVELOPER/ copying Apple stuff (which is what you maybe had meant to say)?
>
> it's not just one developer and not just one feature either.

First you said it's Android that developed dynamic Spot, which is wrong.
And now you say that multiple developers delivered dynamic Spot, which is
also wrong.

Why are you making all this easily shown to be wrong stuff up?

As far as I can see only one developer (Jamworks) developed Dynamic Spot.
What other developers are you claiming copied Apple's Dynamic Island?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th1vj1$dfqk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34342&group=comp.mobile.android#34342

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:17:21 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:17 UTC

On 2022-09-28 10:14, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:50:40 -0400, nospam wrote:

>>> Is this Android copying Apple stuff as you said or really just one Android
>>> /DEVELOPER/ copying Apple stuff (which is what you maybe had meant to say)?
>>
>> it's not just one developer and not just one feature either.
>
> First you said it's Android that developed dynamic Spot, which is wrong.
> And now you say that multiple developers delivered dynamic Spot, which is
> also wrong.

No. That is not what he was saying; quite obviously not.

> Why are you making all this easily shown to be wrong stuff up?
>
> As far as I can see only one developer (Jamworks) developed Dynamic Spot.
> What other developers are you claiming copied Apple's Dynamic Island?

He made no such claim.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th205l$1bre$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34343&group=comp.mobile.android#34343

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:27:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:27 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:17:21 -0700, Alan wrote:

> On 2022-09-28 10:14, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 12:50:40 -0400, nospam wrote:

>>> it's not just one developer and not just one feature either.
>>
>> First you said it's Android that developed dynamic Spot, which is wrong.
>> And now you say that multiple developers delivered dynamic Spot, which is
>> also wrong.
>
> No. That is not what he was saying; quite obviously not.
>

>> Why are you making all this easily shown to be wrong stuff up?
>>
>> As far as I can see only one developer (Jamworks) developed Dynamic Spot.
>> What other developers are you claiming copied Apple's Dynamic Island?
>
> He made no such claim.

Then what is his claim with respect to the one seemingly obscure small
developer (Jamworks) and the one app being discussed (Dynamic Spot)?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<280920221333463310%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34344&group=comp.mobile.android#34344

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 13:33:46 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:33 UTC

In article <th1vdf$10n2$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Bram van den Heuvel

> >> Is this Android copying Apple stuff as you said or really just one Android
> >> /DEVELOPER/ copying Apple stuff (which is what you maybe had meant to say)?
> >
> > it's not just one developer and not just one feature either.
>
> First you said it's Android that developed dynamic Spot, which is wrong.
> And now you say that multiple developers delivered dynamic Spot, which is
> also wrong.

both false.

> Why are you making all this easily shown to be wrong stuff up?

ask yourself that.

> As far as I can see only one developer (Jamworks) developed Dynamic Spot.

other developers will call it something else.

> What other developers are you claiming copied Apple's Dynamic Island?

<https://screenrant.com/xiaomi-working-dynamic-island-rip-off-smart-isla
nd/>
Many Android manufacturers promptly copy anything Apple does, and
the Dynamic Island is not expected to be any different. The feature
has already been copied by a third-party Xiaomi theme developer
currently working on a Dynamic Island-style notification area for
Android devices running Xiaomi's proprietary MIUI skin. The new
theme, which is now under review by Xiaomi, is reportedly called
'Grumpy UI' and is entirely in Chinese. It is unclear whether it will
support English and other languages once it's approved by Xiaomi
and is available for download by general users.

Online speculations suggest that Xiaomi's upcoming Redmi K60
smartphone could ship with a Dynamic Island-style feature called
'Smart Island.'

<https://twitter.com/vvaiibhav/status/1568942825068445697>
Dynamic Island Style Notifications / Now Playing on Xiaomi MIUI. Mi
Theme Developers never disappoint

they're all scrambling to copy it.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th21e7$dl2b$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34345&group=comp.mobile.android#34345

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:48:55 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:48 UTC

On 2022-09-28 10:27, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:17:21 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> First you said it's Android that developed dynamic Spot, which is wrong.
>>> And now you say that multiple developers delivered dynamic Spot, which is
>>> also wrong.
>>
>> No. That is not what he was saying; quite obviously not.
>>

>>> Why are you making all this easily shown to be wrong stuff up?
>>>
>>> As far as I can see only one developer (Jamworks) developed Dynamic Spot.
>>> What other developers are you claiming copied Apple's Dynamic Island?
>>
>> He made no such claim.
>
> Then what is his claim with respect to the one seemingly obscure small
> developer (Jamworks) and the one app being discussed (Dynamic Spot)?

That Android developerS have individually copied various featureS from iOS

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th21ga$1vla$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34346&group=comp.mobile.android#34346

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:50:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:50 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 13:33:46 -0400, nospam wrote:

>>> it's not just one developer and not just one feature either.
>>
>> First you said it's Android that developed dynamic Spot, which is wrong.
>> And now you say that multiple developers delivered dynamic Spot, which is
>> also wrong.
>
> both false.
>
>> Why are you making all this easily shown to be wrong stuff up?
>
> ask yourself that.
>
>> As far as I can see only one developer (Jamworks) developed Dynamic Spot.
>
> other developers will call it something else.
>
>> What other developers are you claiming copied Apple's Dynamic Island?
>
> <https://screenrant.com/xiaomi-working-dynamic-island-rip-off-smart-isla
> nd/>
> Many Android manufacturers promptly copy anything Apple does, and
> the Dynamic Island is not expected to be any different. The feature
> has already been copied by a third-party Xiaomi theme developer
> currently working on a Dynamic Island-style notification area for
> Android devices running Xiaomi's proprietary MIUI skin. The new
> theme, which is now under review by Xiaomi, is reportedly called
> 'Grumpy UI' and is entirely in Chinese. It is unclear whether it will
> support English and other languages once it's approved by Xiaomi
> and is available for download by general users.
>
> Online speculations suggest that Xiaomi's upcoming Redmi K60
> smartphone could ship with a Dynamic Island-style feature called
> 'Smart Island.'
>
> <https://twitter.com/vvaiibhav/status/1568942825068445697>
> Dynamic Island Style Notifications / Now Playing on Xiaomi MIUI. Mi
> Theme Developers never disappoint
>
> they're all scrambling to copy it.

Is your complaint that a small obscure outfit, maybe one nerd working out
of his mother's basement perhaps, can copy what Apple says is a big deal?

Or is it that some other obscure nerd is writing a Chinese language copy?

Why does it bother you that two obscure nerds probably working in their
parent's basements seemingly easily copied what Apple is probably spending
untold millions in promotional expenditures to advertise as a big deal?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th21or$3uk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34347&group=comp.mobile.android#34347

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:54:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 17:54 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:48:55 -0700, Alan wrote:

> On 2022-09-28 10:27, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:

>>> No. That is not what he was saying; quite obviously not.

>>> He made no such claim.
>>
>> Then what is his claim with respect to the one seemingly obscure small
>> developer (Jamworks) and the one app being discussed (Dynamic Spot)?
>
> That Android developerS have individually copied various featureS from iOS

Who disputed that this seemingly obscure small developer (Jamworks) (who
may be a nerdy kid working out of his mother's basement) seemingly copied
what Apple probably is planning on spending untold millions of dollars to
advertise as a big deal?

If it's such a big deal to Apple, why was it seemingly so easy to copy?

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th24ac$dtk9$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34348&group=comp.mobile.android#34348

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:38:02 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:38 UTC

On 2022-09-28 10:54, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:48:55 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> Then what is his claim with respect to the one seemingly obscure small
>>> developer (Jamworks) and the one app being discussed (Dynamic Spot)?
>>
>> That Android developerS have individually copied various featureS from iOS
>

> Who disputed that this seemingly obscure small developer (Jamworks) (who
> may be a nerdy kid working out of his mother's basement) seemingly copied
> what Apple probably is planning on spending untold millions of dollars to
> advertise as a big deal?
>
> If it's such a big deal to Apple, why was it seemingly so easy to copy?

It's easy to copy FORM.

Function is another matter entirely.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th2p2j$l86$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34349&group=comp.mobile.android#34349

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 00:32:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 00:32 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:38:02 -0700, Alan wrote:

> On 2022-09-28 10:54, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:

>>> That Android developerS have individually copied various featureS from iOS
>>

>> Who disputed that this seemingly obscure small developer (Jamworks) (who
>> may be a nerdy kid working out of his mother's basement) seemingly copied
>> what Apple probably is planning on spending untold millions of dollars to
>> advertise as a big deal?
>>
>> If it's such a big deal to Apple, why was it seemingly so easy to copy?
>
> It's easy to copy FORM.
>
> Function is another matter entirely.

We can agree the Android 'copy' was designed with many a function mentioned
in this thread that the Apple 'original' is unable to do according to the
original poster.

For example, the Android 'copy' works for all Android devices.
The Apple app is only on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.

The Android 'copy' can be set for each and every app on the phone.
The Apple app can't.

The Android 'copy' doesn't connect to the Internet which affects privacy.
The Apple app does.

The Android 'copy' can be deleted if you don't want to use it.
The Apple app can't be turned off.

No word yet of the Apple 'original' can do the other user selectable things
mentioned in this thread that the Android copy does such as change the size
of the popup offset position and the offset size of X & Y, edge rounding,
multiple popups, swipe to clear, autohide and touching outside options.

I'm sure the Apple original does something that the Android 'copy' does not
as all apps have differences when you compare them.

Please say what you think the Apple 'original' does that the Android 'copy'
doesn't do (or shut up if you don't know anything of what you're talking
about).

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th2s75$im04$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34350&group=comp.mobile.android#34350

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:25:55 -0700
 by: sms - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 01:25 UTC

On 9/28/2022 9:22 AM, Bram van den Heuvel wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2022 14:05:38 -0400, nospam wrote:
>
>> android is always copying stuff apple does
>
> Is this Android copying Apple stuff as you said or really just one Android
> /DEVELOPER/ copying Apple stuff (which is what you maybe had meant to say)?

In this case, Apple copied what LG and HTC did years ago. If Google puts
in a similar feature, as part of the Android OS, then it will be "copying."

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<280920222131142133%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34351&group=comp.mobile.android#34351

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 21:31:14 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 01:31 UTC

In article <th2s75$im04$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> In this case, Apple copied what LG and HTC did years ago.

no they didn't. dynamic island is new and unique to apple.

> If Google puts
> in a similar feature, as part of the Android OS, then it will be "copying."

because it is.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<280920222131222616%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34352&group=comp.mobile.android#34352

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 21:31:22 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 01:31 UTC

In article <th2p2j$l86$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Bram van den Heuvel
<braam456987@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Who disputed that this seemingly obscure small developer (Jamworks) (who
> >> may be a nerdy kid working out of his mother's basement) seemingly copied
> >> what Apple probably is planning on spending untold millions of dollars to
> >> advertise as a big deal?
> >>
> >> If it's such a big deal to Apple, why was it seemingly so easy to copy?
> >
> > It's easy to copy FORM.
> >
> > Function is another matter entirely.
>
> We can agree the Android 'copy' was designed with many a function mentioned
> in this thread that the Apple 'original' is unable to do according to the
> original poster.

that is factually false.

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th38fu$o7r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34353&group=comp.mobile.android#34353

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:55:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:55 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 21:31:14 -0400, nospam wrote:

> In article <th2s75$im04$1@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>

>> In this case, Apple copied what LG and HTC did years ago.
>
> no they didn't. dynamic island is new and unique to apple.
>
>> If Google puts
>> in a similar feature, as part of the Android OS, then it will be "copying."
>
> because it is.

It doesn't matter to anyone but you whether it's copied since individual
developers on both sides are free to copy whatever they want to copy.

Which means contrary to your stated position, it's not Android doing
anything. It's likely just one (or two) individual nerdy developers perhaps
in their mother's basement writing code that easily puts the Apple
'original' to shame in so many ways that you can't deny (and which I
summarized in a prior post in this thread).

Knowing this one small nerdy developer likely easily put the Apple
'original' to shame, please say what you think the Apple 'original' does
that the Android 'copy' doesn't do (or shut up if you don't know anything
of what you're talking about).

Re: iPhone Pro's "Dynamic Island" feature is Available on All Android Devices Using an App Called "Dynamic Spot."

<th38kj$p7m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34354&group=comp.mobile.android#34354

From: braam456...@yahoo.com (Bram van den Heuvel)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:57:56 -0000 (UTC)
References: <tgkjrb$2iii3$1@dont-email.me> <230920221405384807%nospam@nospam.invalid> <th1sc7$1jdm$1@gioia.aioe.org> <280920221250408054%nospam@nospam.invalid> <th1vdf$10n2$1@gioia.aioe.org> <th1vj1$dfqk$1@dont-email.me> <th205l$1bre$1@gioia.aioe.org> <th21e7$dl2b$2@dont-email.me> <th21or$3uk$1@gioia.aioe.org> <th24ac$dtk9$2@dont-email.me> <th2p2j$l86$1@gioia.aioe.org> <280920222131222616%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Bram van den Heuvel - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:57 UTC

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 21:31:22 -0400, nospam wrote:

>>> It's easy to copy FORM.
>>>
>>> Function is another matter entirely.
>>
>> We can agree the Android 'copy' was designed with many a function mentioned
>> in this thread that the Apple 'original' is unable to do according to the
>> original poster.
>
> that is factually false.

I accurately summarized what this Android 'copy' does that the Apple
'original' does not do, which is so much stuff that it makes a mockery of
Apple's 'original' given the original can't do any thing I listed.

Knowing this one small nerdy developer easily put the Apple 'original' to
shame, please say what you think the Apple 'original' does that the Android