"I am, therefore I am." -- Akira

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessage

SubjectAuthor
* RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageNewsKrawler
+* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
|+* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
||`* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
|| +* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withCarlos E.R.
|| |+- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withThe Real Bev
|| |+- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
|| |+* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
|| |`- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
|| `- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
|+* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withCarlos E.R.
||`* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
|| `* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
||  `- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
|`* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
| `* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
|  +* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
|  |`- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
|  `* Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete withJoerg Lorenz
|   `- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessageFrank Slootweg
`- Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessagemike

Pages:12
Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessage

<tkba2k$i9db$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34877&group=comp.mobile.android#34877

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with
iMessage
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 17:00:20 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 16:00 UTC

Am 07.11.22 um 16:25 schrieb Frank Slootweg:
> <repeat>
>
> And BTW, can you please repost your proof of your claim "WA-users can
> be held liable for unsolicited spreading of personal data ..."? For
> some reason my NSP filtered it as fake news.
>
> </repeat>

GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) by the EU. Is btw also valid
and will be enforced in the Netherlands.

After your posting it is clear that you do not know what that is and
that you are lacking minimal know how about the issue.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessage

<tkbg8m.4s4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34883&group=comp.mobile.android#34883

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessage
Date: 7 Nov 2022 16:46:15 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 16:46 UTC

Joerg "The Silent Snipper" Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Am 07.11.22 um 16:25 schrieb Frank Slootweg:
> > Again: Tell that to the companies, institutions, governments, etc.
> > using it.
>
> There are none.

Hmmm! The press, parlementary enquiries, etc. seem to think different,
because they demand the government to come up which copies of their
WhatsApp communications, so they can investigate their (non) actions.

But what do *they* know!? After all, the Usenet oracle Joerg Lorenz
says, they're not using WhatsApp, so there's nothing to come up with.

Sorry, but this - example out of a zillion - page does of course not
exist:

<https://www.trouw.nl/nieuws/ministerie-van-vws-blijft-weigeren-app-verkeer-vrij-te-geven-over-mondkapjesdeal~b9cd0552/>

[I tried to get Google Translate to generate a Dutch-to-English
translation URL, but did not manage.]

Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessage

<tkbej4.chs.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34884&group=comp.mobile.android#34884

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 7 Nov 2022 16:46:15 GMT

Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Am 07.11.22 um 16:25 schrieb Frank Slootweg:
> > <repeat>
> >
> > And BTW, can you please repost your proof of your claim "WA-users can
> > be held liable for unsolicited spreading of personal data ..."? For
> > some reason my NSP filtered it as fake news.
> >
> > </repeat>
>
> GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) by the EU. Is btw also valid
> and will be enforced in the Netherlands.

Duh! The *point* is that there *is* no "unsolicited spreading of
personal data" by WhatsApp users. That is - as I said, but you snip/
ignore - the urban legend which has been debunked several times in this
group.

If you think that there is "unsolicited spreading of personal data" by
WhatsApp users, then you have to provide proof by (credible) cites.

As you rather snip/dodge/divert, we're not holding our breath waiting
for such proof.

> After your posting it is clear that you do not know what that is and
> that you are lacking minimal know how about the issue.

Non sequitur.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: RIP Google Hangouts, Google's last, best chance to compete with iMessage