They can always run stderr through uniq. :-) -- Larry Wall in <199704012331.PAA16535@wall.org>

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?T
+* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Carlos E. R.
|+* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?AJL
||`* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Carlos E. R.
|| `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Michael
||  `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Carlos E.R
||   `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Michael
||    `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Carlos E.R.
||     `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Michael
||      `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Joerg Lorenz
||       `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Carlos E.R.
||        `- Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Frank Slootweg
|+* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?mike
||`* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?T
|| `- Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?mike
|`* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?T
| +- Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Carlos E. R.
| `- Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Joerg Lorenz
+* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?VanguardLH
|`* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?VanguardLH
| `- Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Theo
`* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?VanguardLH
 `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?T
  +- Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?Joerg Lorenz
  `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?VanguardLH
   `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?T
    `* Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?VanguardLH
     `- Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?T

Pages:12
Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?

<u3bsp6.imo.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39757&group=comp.mobile.android#39757

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?
Date: 8 May 2023 20:24:49 GMT
References: <u366d8$2v3u0$1@dont-email.me> <kbnpegFeb8pU1@mid.individual.net> <almarsoft.4300562987923549575@news.eternal-september.org> <kbnt3pFf0akU1@mid.individual.net> <u36r53$3o$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <kbog2pFhp8qU1@mid.individual.net> <u3737a$gmq$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <hohkijxjal.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <u39ls9$gci$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com> <u3a2tk$9nqv$2@solani.org> <4ctmijxufm.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
 by: Frank Slootweg - Mon, 8 May 2023 20:24 UTC

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-08 07:56, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

> >> That you can't do it is meaningless because anyone else can easily do it.
> >
> > Trollish and very constructive indeed.
>
> Indeed.

ATM, everyone is AH, until proven otherwise.

Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?

<160rdrgiqzudw$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39762&group=comp.mobile.android#39762

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 15:47:20 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 8 May 2023 20:47 UTC

T <T@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Her current tablet does not have cell data available.
> She uses our house WiFi.

Ah, crap.

> Check out my new post!

As for your new thread, you are asking about buying a new Android device
that has been pre-configured with a non-Android OS. I already mentioned
that choice.

https://www.google.com/search?q=purchase+degoogled+android+tablet
(this time omitting Google's argument showing I used Firefox to them)

and an example of a search hit:

https://de-googled.com/products/degoogled-samsung-galaxy-tab-s6-lite-tablet-lineage-os?variant=42426878754966

They're out there, but it seemed you wanted to repurpose your wife's
existing phone. Guess you gave up on that, and want to buy something
already configured for you, like most of us mobile device users do.
Alas, asking for help on Lineage OS + microG, or other non-Android
solutions, probably won't find many experienced respondents in this
newsgroup about Android. I didn't see a Lineage OS newsgroup, just some
Linux newsgroups where maybe you can get help on root-level management.

I did find a Lineage OS forum over at:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/lineageos.6080/
https://lineageos.org/community/

The latter seems more geared to insiders and developers.

I've seen Resurrection Remix (https://resurrectionremix.com/) suggested
over Lineage mostly because RR has more settings, but some of which
could result is shorter battery life. I only mention this alternative
to show there are more choices than just Lineage OS.

Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?

<u3bq5t$3vu0r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=39767&group=comp.mobile.android#39767

From: T...@invalid.invalid (T)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 14:39:09 -0700
 by: T - Mon, 8 May 2023 21:39 UTC

On 5/8/23 13:47, VanguardLH wrote:
> T <T@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Her current tablet does not have cell data available.
>> She uses our house WiFi.
>
> Ah, crap.
>
>> Check out my new post!
>
> As for your new thread, you are asking about buying a new Android device
> that has been pre-configured with a non-Android OS. I already mentioned
> that choice.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=purchase+degoogled+android+tablet
> (this time omitting Google's argument showing I used Firefox to them)
>
> and an example of a search hit:
>
> https://de-googled.com/products/degoogled-samsung-galaxy-tab-s6-lite-tablet-lineage-os?variant=42426878754966
>
> They're out there, but it seemed you wanted to repurpose your wife's
> existing phone.

She wants a new tablet that she has complete control over.
Not a phone.

> Guess you gave up on that, and want to buy something
> already configured for you, like most of us mobile device users do.
> Alas, asking for help on Lineage OS + microG, or other non-Android
> solutions, probably won't find many experienced respondents in this
> newsgroup about Android. I didn't see a Lineage OS newsgroup, just some
> Linux newsgroups where maybe you can get help on root-level management.
>
> I did find a Lineage OS forum over at:
>
> https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/lineageos.6080/
> https://lineageos.org/community/
>
> The latter seems more geared to insiders and developers.
>
> I've seen Resurrection Remix (https://resurrectionremix.com/) suggested
> over Lineage mostly because RR has more settings, but some of which
> could result is shorter battery life. I only mention this alternative
> to show there are more choices than just Lineage OS.

Thank you!

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Anyone know of an android tablet without spying?