You're already carrying the sphere!

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Google Wallet

SubjectAuthor
* Google WalletCarlos E.R.
+* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
|+* Re: Google WalletRoger Mills
||+* Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
|||`- Re: Google WalletKen Blake
||+* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
|||+* Re: Google Walletsms
|||`* Re: Google WalletCarlos E.R.
||| `* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
|||  `* Re: Google WalletAJL
|||   +- Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
|||   `- Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
||`* Re: Google WalletAJL
|| `* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
||  +* Re: Google WalletAJL
||  |`* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
||  | +* Re: Google WalletAJL
||  | |+* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
||  | ||`- Re: Google WalletAJL
||  | |`* Re: Google WalletCarlos E.R.
||  | | `- Re: Google WalletAJL
||  | `* Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
||  |  `* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
||  |   `- Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
||  +* Re: Google Walletsms
||  |`- Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
||  `* Re: Google Walletsms
||   `* Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
||    `- Re: Google WalletKen Blake
|+* Re: Google Walletsms
||+- Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
||+* Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
|||`* Re: Google WalletAJL
||| +- Re: Google Walletsms
||| `- Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
||+- Re: Google Walletnospam
||`* Re: Google WalletFrank Slootweg
|| `* Re: Google Walletsms
||  `- Re: Google WalletChris
|+* Re: Google WalletDave Roya
||`- Re: Google WalletThe Real Bev
|+- Re: Google WalletRalph Fox
|+- Re: Google WalletCarlos E.R.
|`* Re: Google WalletKees Nuyt
| `- Re: Google WalletJörg Lorenz
+* Re: Google WalletVanguardLH
|`* Re: Google WalletCarlos E.R.
| `- Re: Google WalletBob Henson
`- Re: Google WalletBodger

Pages:123
Re: Google Wallet

<uarngl$3143q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43833&group=comp.mobile.android#43833

From: bashley...@gmail.com (The Real Bev)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Google Wallet
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 14:25:39 -0700
 by: The Real Bev - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 21:25 UTC

On 8/6/23 9:46 PM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 06.08.23 um 23:18 schrieb The Real Bev:
>> On 8/6/23 10:43 AM, AJL wrote:
>>> Maybe the wife will lend me her phone?
>>
>> What, hubby was dumb enough to lose his phone? NO WAY, let HIM deal
>> with the problem. I'll go make sandwiches.
>
> Ham, Mustard and a slice of chesse, pls. If possible with a salad leaf.
> THX, Real Bev!

ONLY for MY hubby. If you're one of his socks, please tell me what we
did just before we were married. Otherwise, make your own sandwich!

--
Cheers, Bev
"I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces

Re: Google Wallet

<uask7r$28id$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43855&group=comp.mobile.android#43855

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 07:35:55 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 05:35 UTC

Am 07.08.23 um 23:25 schrieb The Real Bev:
> On 8/6/23 9:46 PM, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>>>
>>> What, hubby was dumb enough to lose his phone? NO WAY, let HIM deal
>>> with the problem. I'll go make sandwiches.
>>
>> Ham, Mustard and a slice of chesse, pls. If possible with a salad leaf.
>> THX, Real Bev!
>
> ONLY for MY hubby. If you're one of his socks, please tell me what we
> did just before we were married. Otherwise, make your own sandwich!

*Your* sandwiches must be *dream not from this world*!

:-)

--
Alea iacta est

Re: Google Wallet

<ub5h00.mfk.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43957&group=comp.mobile.android#43957

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 11 Aug 2023 12:35:52 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 12:35 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 8/6/2023 7:35 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>
> > And a second question:  Why are "wallets" desirable?  It's easy enough
> > to slip a credit card in the 'cargo' pocket of my shorts when I go
> > shopping, and it weighs far less than the phone which I usually forget
> > and leave at home next to my computer.  Actually, all I need for RL
> > shopping is my card, my driver's license and my car keys.
>
> 1. Security. Lose a credit card in a country that doesn't use Chip & PIN
> (like the U.S.) and anyone can use it. With mobile wallet you have to
> authenticate before making a purchase.

I know what you mean, but *with* Chip & PIN, "anyone can use" it as
well, just not for purchases which require PIN. For example, the culprit
can buy airplane tickets upto the credit limit of the card.

Many online purchases only require the cardnumber, the name on the
card and the CVC code.

That brings me to our (NL/EU) *debit* cards, which you can lose
without any risk (or a small risk if you have enabled tap-without-PIN
(normally upto EUR 50-100 total)). Guess what we mostly use and what we
hardly use? :-)

[...]

Re: Google Wallet

<ub5m22$t9rg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43965&group=comp.mobile.android#43965

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 09:02:08 -0700
 by: sms - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:02 UTC

On 8/11/2023 5:35 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
<snip>

> That brings me to our (NL/EU) *debit* cards, which you can lose
> without any risk (or a small risk if you have enabled tap-without-PIN
> (normally upto EUR 50-100 total)). Guess what we mostly use and what we
> hardly use? :-)

Im the U.S. debit cards are much more risky than credit cards. You don't
get all the legal protections that credit cars offer with a debit card.

Also, in the U.S. credit cards offer significant extra benefits,
depending on the card, including up to 3% flat rate cash back (even more
for some categories), primary or secondary rental car insurance
(collision damage waiver), TSA Global Entry or TSA Precheck, airport
lounge access, travel insurance, extended warranty coverage, cell phone
protection, and I'm sure that I've missed some. These extras are made
possible by the high fees charged to merchants, 1.6% to 2.5% and
sometimes even more, and occasionally less (like Costco's Citibank
Visa). In the EU, with credit card fees capped at 0.3% the card issuers
can't afford these kinds of perks. Does the EU also cap credit card
interest rates?

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: Google Wallet

<ub63mk$veof$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=43978&group=comp.mobile.android#43978

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 19:55:00 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:j+zhaKLPKMq0LdCyXJRnGuw7CKQ=
 by: Chris - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 19:55 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 8/11/2023 5:35 AM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> That brings me to our (NL/EU) *debit* cards, which you can lose
>> without any risk (or a small risk if you have enabled tap-without-PIN
>> (normally upto EUR 50-100 total)). Guess what we mostly use and what we
>> hardly use? :-)
>
> Im the U.S. debit cards are much more risky than credit cards. You don't
> get all the legal protections that credit cars offer with a debit card.
>
> Also, in the U.S. credit cards offer significant extra benefits,
> depending on the card, including up to 3% flat rate cash back (even more
> for some categories), primary or secondary rental car insurance
> (collision damage waiver), TSA Global Entry or TSA Precheck, airport
> lounge access, travel insurance, extended warranty coverage, cell phone
> protection, and I'm sure that I've missed some. These extras are made
> possible by the high fees charged to merchants, 1.6% to 2.5% and
> sometimes even more, and occasionally less (like Costco's Citibank
> Visa). In the EU, with credit card fees capped at 0.3% the card issuers
> can't afford these kinds of perks. Does the EU also cap credit card
> interest rates?

No. As you say they simply can't afford to.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Google Wallet