And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

SubjectAuthor
* If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
+* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
|+* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
||+* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
|||+* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
|||`* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
||| +- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
||| `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAMuzi
|||  `- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
||`* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAMuzi
|| `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
||  `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAMuzi
||   +- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
||   `- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
|`- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
`* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJeff Liebermann
 +* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
 |+* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
 ||`* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
 || `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCFrank Krygowski
 ||  +* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCpatrick
 ||  |`- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
 ||  `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
 ||   `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCFrank Krygowski
 ||    `- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
 |`* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJeff Liebermann
 | +* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
 | |`- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
 | `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |  `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
 |   `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
 |    `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
 |     +- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
 |     `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
 |      +* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCFrank Krygowski
 |      |+- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCfunkma...@hotmail.com
 |      |+* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCAndre Jute
 |      ||+* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCTom Kunich
 |      |||`* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCFrank Krygowski
 |      ||| `- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCFrank Krygowski
 |      ||`- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCfunkma...@hotmail.com
 |      |`- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
 |      +* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |      |`* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
 |      | +- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCFrank Krygowski
 |      | `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCfunkma...@hotmail.com
 |      |  `- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
 |      `* Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJeff Liebermann
 |       +- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
 |       `- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.
 `- Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBCJohn B.

Pages:123
Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<alac4h96jn1r8h1ru4sgd110bvj5c6c69h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54187&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54187

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 05:28:08 +0700
References: <3avr3h5fnohrhc34c5aubb0g7adkkg366u@4ax.com> <a3387cbc-1727-4406-9d6e-c660b7bfd9d4n@googlegroups.com> <gviu3hhknf0f8s3cbv63gg7cqc3ufujie3@4ax.com> <13ccc90d-3619-4076-8e93-190be5c46c83n@googlegroups.com> <3d260827-2c21-4b18-b01e-2f7d10cdba16n@googlegroups.com> <aa84de1b-4eaf-4834-afa2-df3516919117n@googlegroups.com> <57d74963-2ad6-42a1-9b36-5661a34ca8e7n@googlegroups.com> <ee7dacca-29cb-430b-a37a-2a766570c920n@googlegroups.com> <t24lv9$lot$2@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 22:28 UTC

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:47:36 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 3/31/2022 10:43 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>
>> Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year.
>
>Tom, either you're fantasizing or you're being scammed.

Or he simply doesn't take his medicines and the dreams come flooding
in.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<29e9975a-c548-4489-b528-743f87ae8091n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54189&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54189

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 15:42:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 22:42 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 3:25:00 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 5:47:40 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 3/31/2022 10:43 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > >
> > > Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year.
> > Tom, either you're fantasizing or you're being scammed.
> >

> > --
> > - Frank Krygowski
> >
> You two dumboes in the Franki-boy & The Sideshow Flunkie Clown Car want to return to night school quite a bit more to study "Draining the glee from everyone's day 101 Remedial" and "Effective bullying for permanent losers 101 Remedial", which you have failed uncountable times already. On your present desperate showing, you'll kee the remedial teachers in jobs until they're well over 100 years old. Not signed our of contempt for such persistent losers.

Frank is about as ridiculous as they come. I just got called three times for the same job. Exactly WHO would want to go to North Carolina? Even people born in North Carolina can't get used to the place! But according to Frank I'm imagining this job where the Democrats have worked overtime to fix elections. At least here in California they have made election fixing legal.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<3b0bab43-e697-49bf-9803-7039ee3b9c2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54191&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54191

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 23:03 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 9:43:59 AM UTC-5, cycl...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 27, 2022 at 10:54:43 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:

> > > Quite frankly, I am astonished at the sheer ignorance of virtually everything that Russell comments on. Claiming to a college education in a financial role and unable to do simple arithmetic and also very commonly makes an utter mess of the English language makes one wonder if he doesn't spend the majority of his time high.
> > >
> > Nah, Russell is just the sort of literal, petty-minded bookkeeper you want in charge of the petty cash in a penny pinching company. He doesn't have the imagination or the adaptability or the required personal attraction to rise into the boardroom of even a mickey mouse corporation. He's what my executive assistant called "a regrettably necessary functionary", a cog in the wheels of government no matter who pays his salary, a friend of the IRS rather than his employers -- and proud of his stupidity, even at his lowly level a permanent example of the Peter Principle, one of Dr Kissinger's "surplus breathers" and "pointless eaters". His inability to speak or write comprehensible English perfectly defines his place on the food chain as a consumer, just like the good Doctor said, not a creator. I think there's a doctoral dissertation in psychology in the obvious everyday fact that those who went to tenth rate hick colleges are the most likely to consider themselves superior simply because some school was needy enough to punch their ticket to what they conceived of as the good life. The irony that of course escapes such railroad minds is that they were all disappointed unless they're too smug (hello, Franki-boy) and self-satisfied to know the difference; Russell, I think, is too crude to grasp irony. -- AJ

> Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year. But it was in an area entirely out of my expertise and it appears I was offered the job via recommendations from past managers. This may not be out of my expertise since the job listing showed everything that is within my specialty

Yes Tommy. I read everyday on the internet and see shows on TV talking about how companies cannot find workers. So I am sure they are just making quarter or a million dollar offers online to people they have not interviewed or talked to. Completely logical. Did you figure out if this job is within your area of expertise or not? You write it is entirely out of your expertise. And then immediately write it is not out of your expertise. Why would this North Carolina company want a manager who says hot/cold, up/down, left/right, white/black, heavy/light, open/closed, round/square, tall/short at the same time.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<19mc4hl8lqguhduj9q7f90ooutnbgve18e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54205&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54205

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 08:53:08 +0700
References: <a3387cbc-1727-4406-9d6e-c660b7bfd9d4n@googlegroups.com> <gviu3hhknf0f8s3cbv63gg7cqc3ufujie3@4ax.com> <13ccc90d-3619-4076-8e93-190be5c46c83n@googlegroups.com> <3d260827-2c21-4b18-b01e-2f7d10cdba16n@googlegroups.com> <aa84de1b-4eaf-4834-afa2-df3516919117n@googlegroups.com> <57d74963-2ad6-42a1-9b36-5661a34ca8e7n@googlegroups.com> <ee7dacca-29cb-430b-a37a-2a766570c920n@googlegroups.com> <3b0bab43-e697-49bf-9803-7039ee3b9c2fn@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 01:53 UTC

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
<ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 9:43:59 AM UTC-5, cycl...@yahoo.com wrote:

>> > Nah, Russell is just the sort of literal, petty-minded bookkeeper you want in charge of the petty cash in a penny pinching company. He doesn't have the imagination or the adaptability or the required personal attraction to rise into the boardroom of even a mickey mouse corporation. He's what my executive assistant called "a regrettably necessary functionary", a cog in the wheels of government no matter who pays his salary, a friend of the IRS rather than his employers -- and proud of his stupidity, even at his lowly level a permanent example of the Peter Principle, one of Dr Kissinger's "surplus breathers" and "pointless eaters". His inability to speak or write comprehensible English perfectly defines his place on the food chain as a consumer, just like the good Doctor said, not a creator. I think there's a doctoral dissertation in psychology in the obvious everyday fact that those who went to tenth rate hick colleges are the most likely to consider themselves superior simply
>because some school was needy enough to punch their ticket to what they conceived of as the good life. The irony that of course escapes such railroad minds is that they were all disappointed unless they're too smug (hello, Franki-boy) and self-satisfied to know the difference; Russell, I think, is too crude to grasp irony. -- AJ
>
>> Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year. But it was in an area entirely out of my expertise and it appears I was offered the job via recommendations from past managers. This may not be out of my expertise since the job listing showed everything that is within my specialty
>
>Yes Tommy. I read everyday on the internet and see shows on TV talking about how companies cannot find workers. So I am sure they are just making quarter or a million dollar offers online to people they have not interviewed or talked to. Completely logical. Did you figure out if this job is within your area of expertise or not? You write it is entirely out of your expertise. And then immediately write it is not out of your expertise. Why would this North Carolina company want a manager who says hot/cold, up/down, left/right, white/black, heavy/light, open/closed, round/square, tall/short at the same time.

Well... why would a company want a 70 year old bloke? I admittedly
know nothing about companies in the U.S. but here when a bloke turns
65 his insurance premiums double and when he hits 75 the insurance is
cancelled.

We had an old fellow that was the personnel manager in the company I
worked for in Indonesia and like most "foreign" companies we carried
both hospitalization and life incurrence on our employees. That is
exactly what happened to him.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<t25m3q$up0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54206&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54206

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 21:56:08 -0400
<a6c967af-1fc4-477b-8f01-9526c4f975d2n@googlegroups.com>
<29e9975a-c548-4489-b528-743f87ae8091n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 01:56 UTC

On 3/31/2022 6:42 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 3:25:00 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:

>>> Tom, either you're fantasizing or you're being scammed.
>>>

>>> --
>>> - Frank Krygowski
>>>
>> You two dumboes in the Franki-boy & The Sideshow Flunkie Clown Car want to return to night school quite a bit more to study "Draining the glee from everyone's day 101 Remedial" and "Effective bullying for permanent losers 101 Remedial", which you have failed uncountable times already. On your present desperate showing, you'll kee the remedial teachers in jobs until they're well over 100 years old. Not signed our of contempt for such persistent losers.
>
> Frank is about as ridiculous as they come. I just got called three times for the same job.

Talk to us a couple months after you've started working for the company.
And please do mention the name of the company! That'll be at least a
clue that all this might not be a lie or daydream.

Exactly WHO would want to go to North Carolina? Even people born in
North Carolina can't get used to the place!

700 block of Johnston
Streethttps://account.charlotteobserver.com/paywall/subscriber-only?resume=258697183&intcid=ab_archive

North Carolina is booming. We have close friends, formerly our best
riding buddies, who live in the outskirts of Charlotte. When they moved
there about 10 years ago their area was great riding territory. Now the
city has grown so much it's swallowed up the country roads in that area.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<t25ne7$nh2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54209&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54209

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 22:18:44 -0400
 by: Frank Krygowski - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 02:18 UTC

On 3/31/2022 9:53 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:03:20 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
> <ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes Tommy. I read everyday on the internet and see shows on TV talking about how companies cannot find workers. So I am sure they are just making quarter or a million dollar offers online to people they have not interviewed or talked to. Completely logical. Did you figure out if this job is within your area of expertise or not? You write it is entirely out of your expertise. And then immediately write it is not out of your expertise. Why would this North Carolina company want a manager who says hot/cold, up/down, left/right, white/black, heavy/light, open/closed, round/square, tall/short at the same time.
>

> Well... why would a company want a 70 year old bloke?

That's a very good point, another indication that Tom's "job offer" was
fantasy or a scam.

One good friend of ours was the publisher of a newspaper, part of a
corporate chain of papers. He was transferred from one paper to another
to rescue the latter, to turn it around and make it profitable. He
succeeded admirably.

Once that was done, the chain's CEO appeared unannounced in his office
with a cop in tow. He said "Sorry, Joe. You have five minutes to clean
out your desk." They turned over operation to a much younger and less
expensive man.

At that point, our friend was in trouble. He was within a year of his
planned retirement. Brilliant as he was, nobody wanted to hire him
because of his age, which was far lower than Tom's.

Eventually a municipality with whom he had developed a great
relationship found a place for him for a couple years, but it was widely
looked on as a charity move.

I very much doubt Tom's personality is inspiring such charity.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<t25ni9$nh2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54210&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54210

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 22:20:55 -0400
<a6c967af-1fc4-477b-8f01-9526c4f975d2n@googlegroups.com>
<29e9975a-c548-4489-b528-743f87ae8091n@googlegroups.com>
<t25m3q$up0$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 02:20 UTC

On 3/31/2022 9:56 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 3/31/2022 6:42 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

>>> You two dumboes in the Franki-boy & The Sideshow Flunkie Clown Car
>>> want to return to night school quite a bit more to study "Draining
>>> the glee from everyone's day 101 Remedial" and "Effective bullying
>>> for permanent losers 101 Remedial", which you have failed uncountable
>>> times already. On your present desperate showing, you'll kee the
>>> remedial teachers in jobs until they're well over 100 years old. Not
>>> signed our of contempt for such persistent losers.
>>
>> Frank is about as ridiculous as they come. I just got called three
>> times for the same job.
>
> Talk to us a couple months after you've started working for the company.
> And please do mention the name of the company! That'll be at least a
> clue that all this might not be a lie or daydream.
>
> > Exactly WHO would want to go to North Carolina? Even people born in
> > North Carolina can't get used to the place!
>
> https://account.charlotteobserver.com/paywall/subscriber-only?resume=258697183&intcid=ab_archive
>

> North Carolina is booming. We have close friends, formerly our best
> riding buddies, who live in the outskirts of Charlotte. When they moved
> there about 10 years ago their area was great riding territory. Now the
> city has grown so much it's swallowed up the country roads in that area.

I corrected the typo in the URL plus one attribution.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<e9sc4h940tc73er30fin56bavigc75b2bp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54217&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54217

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 21:00:15 -0700
References: <3avr3h5fnohrhc34c5aubb0g7adkkg366u@4ax.com> <a3387cbc-1727-4406-9d6e-c660b7bfd9d4n@googlegroups.com> <gviu3hhknf0f8s3cbv63gg7cqc3ufujie3@4ax.com> <13ccc90d-3619-4076-8e93-190be5c46c83n@googlegroups.com> <3d260827-2c21-4b18-b01e-2f7d10cdba16n@googlegroups.com> <aa84de1b-4eaf-4834-afa2-df3516919117n@googlegroups.com> <57d74963-2ad6-42a1-9b36-5661a34ca8e7n@googlegroups.com> <ee7dacca-29cb-430b-a37a-2a766570c920n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 04:00 UTC

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 07:43:57 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
(chomp...)
>Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year.

No recruiter or head hunter would offer you a job during an initial
cold contact. Similarly, upper management might invite you to a
private discussion, and would not hire you based solely on your
magnificent reputation. If someone really did contact you about a
position with their company or client, they would first inform you
that they have a position open with their organization and then ask if
you were interested. If interested, you might be asked to first
autograph an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before the company will
disclose details about the job, salary, benefits or product.

If someone did offer you a job, it was probably an in-house company
recruiter. That's because the fees charged by executive search firms
are quite high. There are various schemes,
<https://tgsus.com/best-of-blog/search-firm-pricing-executive-search-cost/>
but most demand a fee of 25% to 33% of your first year salary. That
would be $62,500 to $83,000 for a company to hire you via an in-house
recruiter.

>I was offered the job via recommendations from past managers.

It's common for company recruiters and head hunters to do a Google
search by the applicants name to see what they have been doing in
their spare time. In my never humble opinion, a rather large number
of favorable recommendations from "past managers" would be required to
offset the damage you've done to your own reputation.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<mh2d4htep3vv6lr5l74q673nnump5j0fd6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54220&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54220

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:24:46 +0700
References: <3avr3h5fnohrhc34c5aubb0g7adkkg366u@4ax.com> <a3387cbc-1727-4406-9d6e-c660b7bfd9d4n@googlegroups.com> <gviu3hhknf0f8s3cbv63gg7cqc3ufujie3@4ax.com> <13ccc90d-3619-4076-8e93-190be5c46c83n@googlegroups.com> <3d260827-2c21-4b18-b01e-2f7d10cdba16n@googlegroups.com> <aa84de1b-4eaf-4834-afa2-df3516919117n@googlegroups.com> <57d74963-2ad6-42a1-9b36-5661a34ca8e7n@googlegroups.com> <ee7dacca-29cb-430b-a37a-2a766570c920n@googlegroups.com> <e9sc4h940tc73er30fin56bavigc75b2bp@4ax.com>
 by: John B. - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 05:24 UTC

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 21:00:15 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 07:43:57 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
><cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
>(chomp...)
>>Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year.
>
>No recruiter or head hunter would offer you a job during an initial
>cold contact. Similarly, upper management might invite you to a
>private discussion, and would not hire you based solely on your
>magnificent reputation. If someone really did contact you about a
>position with their company or client, they would first inform you
>that they have a position open with their organization and then ask if
>you were interested. If interested, you might be asked to first
>autograph an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before the company will
>disclose details about the job, salary, benefits or product.
>
>If someone did offer you a job, it was probably an in-house company
>recruiter. That's because the fees charged by executive search firms
>are quite high. There are various schemes,
><https://tgsus.com/best-of-blog/search-firm-pricing-executive-search-cost/>
>but most demand a fee of 25% to 33% of your first year salary. That
>would be $62,500 to $83,000 for a company to hire you via an in-house
>recruiter.
>
>>I was offered the job via recommendations from past managers.
>
>It's common for company recruiters and head hunters to do a Google
>search by the applicants name to see what they have been doing in
>their spare time. In my never humble opinion, a rather large number
>of favorable recommendations from "past managers" would be required to
>offset the damage you've done to your own reputation.

And just the other day Tommy was figuring out a scheme so that he and
his new wife could both draw Social Security and today he is turning
down a 3/4 million dollar job?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<k53d4hpm4oibkgqujjjc3mvharflb6t24p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54221&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54221

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:26:23 +0700
References: <3avr3h5fnohrhc34c5aubb0g7adkkg366u@4ax.com> <a3387cbc-1727-4406-9d6e-c660b7bfd9d4n@googlegroups.com> <gviu3hhknf0f8s3cbv63gg7cqc3ufujie3@4ax.com> <13ccc90d-3619-4076-8e93-190be5c46c83n@googlegroups.com> <3d260827-2c21-4b18-b01e-2f7d10cdba16n@googlegroups.com> <aa84de1b-4eaf-4834-afa2-df3516919117n@googlegroups.com> <57d74963-2ad6-42a1-9b36-5661a34ca8e7n@googlegroups.com> <ee7dacca-29cb-430b-a37a-2a766570c920n@googlegroups.com> <e9sc4h940tc73er30fin56bavigc75b2bp@4ax.com>
 by: John B. - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 05:26 UTC

wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 07:43:57 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
><cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
>(chomp...)
>>Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year.
>
>No recruiter or head hunter would offer you a job during an initial
>cold contact. Similarly, upper management might invite you to a
>private discussion, and would not hire you based solely on your
>magnificent reputation. If someone really did contact you about a
>position with their company or client, they would first inform you
>that they have a position open with their organization and then ask if
>you were interested. If interested, you might be asked to first
>autograph an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before the company will
>disclose details about the job, salary, benefits or product.
>
>If someone did offer you a job, it was probably an in-house company
>recruiter. That's because the fees charged by executive search firms
>are quite high. There are various schemes,
><https://tgsus.com/best-of-blog/search-firm-pricing-executive-search-cost/>
>but most demand a fee of 25% to 33% of your first year salary. That
>would be $62,500 to $83,000 for a company to hire you via an in-house
>recruiter.
>
>>I was offered the job via recommendations from past managers.
>
>It's common for company recruiters and head hunters to do a Google
>search by the applicants name to see what they have been doing in
>their spare time. In my never humble opinion, a rather large number
>of favorable recommendations from "past managers" would be required to
>offset the damage you've done to your own reputation.

And just the other day Tommy was figuring out a scheme so that he and
his new wife could both draw Social Security and today he is turning
down a 3/4 million dollar job?

Yes Sir! It makes perfect sense (in a Tommy sort of way) (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<68afa5e1-1dd7-4281-91ac-2bad562e0ecdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54225&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54225

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 05:07:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:07 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 6:25:00 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
> On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 5:47:40 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > On 3/31/2022 10:43 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > >
> > > Quite surprising to me I was just offered another engineering management job in North Carolina making another quarter million a year.
> > Tom, either you're fantasizing or you're being scammed.
> >

> > --
> > - Frank Krygowski
> >
> You two dumboes in the Franki-boy & The Sideshow Flunkie Clown Car want to return to night school quite a bit more to study "Draining the glee from everyone's day 101 Remedial" and "Effective bullying for permanent losers 101 Remedial", which you have failed uncountable times already. On your present desperate showing, you'll kee the remedial teachers in jobs until they're well over 100 years old. Not signed our of contempt for such persistent losers.

Fick dich, du miserabler hurensohn.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<e8df5a45-14d8-492d-b7f4-110f8b488d84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54226&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54226

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 05:13:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:13 UTC

On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 9:53:17 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:

> Well... why would a company want a 70 year old bloke?

Not just that, but a 70 year old who _claims_ to have gotten a 4-year liberal arts degree in 4 years while working full time, and whose technical prowess includes such gems as calling fiber optic cables "light lines".....
Not to mention he still has that ridiculous anti-management screed on his link-in page. Yeah, I'm sure a company offering a 1/4 million salaray for an engineering management position is all over that.

I still say he got an email from a bot that picked up a few keywords from his linked in profile. The claim that he got called three times is just a plain lie.

Re: If you cycle, you're a Neo-Nazi, says MSNBC

<cdfc3d69-da94-4c44-a40b-03e095861e42n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=54273&group=rec.bicycles.tech#54273

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:03:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 23:03 UTC

On Friday, April 1, 2022 at 7:13:06 AM UTC-5, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 9:53:17 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
> >
> > Well... why would a company want a 70 year old bloke?
> Not just that, but a 70 year old who _claims_ to have gotten a 4-year liberal arts degree in 4 years while working full time, and whose technical prowess includes such gems as calling fiber optic cables "light lines".....
> Not to mention he still has that ridiculous anti-management screed on his link-in page. Yeah, I'm sure a company offering a 1/4 million salary for an engineering management position is all over that.
>
> I still say he got an email from a bot that picked up a few keywords from his linked in profile. The claim that he got called three times is just a plain lie.

What? Tommy boy's Linked In internet resume says he has a liberal arts degree from a college? That seems weird. Even for Tommy, the KING of weird.

And Tommy is 77 according to some other posts on this forum. Not 70. Big difference between being only 70 and being 77. Now I am not saying Tommy was sane when he was 70, and only became insane when he turned 77. No. He has been a nut, crazy, psycho, wacky for at least 67 years. I'll give Tommy the benefit of the doubt and say he was maybe possibly probably likely semi almost normal up to the age of 10. From then on its been a wild downhill slalom.