From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Truck progress
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 06:52:11 -0500
 by: Snag - Sun, 1 May 2022 11:52 UTC

The truck has a motor again ! Last Wednesday I bolted the trans up in
place , Thursday I dropped the motor in . I still have a ways to go
hooking up all the wiring , vacuum hoses , dist and carb and headers and
and and ... But the motor and trans are both completely rebuilt and
ready to irritate the locals .

--
Snag
My rights don't end

Re: Truck progress

<t4miou$sjt$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5915&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5915

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Truck progress
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 11:15:59 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 1 May 2022 18:15 UTC

On 5/1/2022 4:52 AM, Snag wrote:
>   The truck has a motor again ! Last Wednesday I bolted the trans up in
> place , Thursday I dropped the motor in . I still have a ways to go
> hooking up all the wiring , vacuum hoses , dist and carb and headers and
> and and ... But the motor and trans are both completely rebuilt and
> ready to irritate the locals .

Dual down turn straight pipes blowing rocks everywhere?

I had down turn tips on the Super Craps I ran on the FLHT. Nobody
parked to close to me. LOL. Everybody was happier when I swapped that
to the White Bros 2:1. To bad they quit making street exhaust.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Truck progress

<t4ms8s$aq3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=5916&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#5916

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 15:58:03 -0500
 by: Snag - Sun, 1 May 2022 20:58 UTC

On 5/1/2022 1:15 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 5/1/2022 4:52 AM, Snag wrote:
>>    The truck has a motor again ! Last Wednesday I bolted the trans up
>> in place , Thursday I dropped the motor in . I still have a ways to go
>> hooking up all the wiring , vacuum hoses , dist and carb and headers
>> and and and ... But the motor and trans are both completely rebuilt
>> and ready to irritate the locals .
>>

> Dual down turn straight pipes blowing rocks everywhere?
>
> I had down turn tips on the Super Craps I ran on the FLHT.  Nobody
> parked to close to me.  LOL.  Everybody was happier when I swapped that
> to the White Bros 2:1.  To bad they quit making street exhaust.

I'm fabbing the exhaust myself . Got a set of SS pipes for a '57 Chevy
for free that I'm cutting and welding . Got long/small tube headers and
2" tube . A pair of Thrush Hush muffs and I'm probably going to need
more pipe , we'll see .
--
Snag
My rights don't end