From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Way Oil
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 15:41:52 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Sun, 15 May 2022 22:41 UTC

I've been using Mobile Vactra #2 Way oil for some years in the ways on
all my machines. My primary vendors are out of stock, and even if it
was in stock the price has doubled. Interestingly one of my vendors
suggested a mineral oil that is the same viscosity as the Mobile
petrolatum based oil that is the same ISO68/SAE20. They have it listed
as a way oil and its the price the Mobile Vactra #2 was two years ago.

I've done the search engine thing and I can't really find any
information on the differences in use. The most articles I found were
mineral vs synthetic for combustion engines.

Anybody know of any issues?

Yes, Snag I started an oil thread. Head on over to the RMH VB&G, and
have one on me in apology.

https://www.avg.com

Re: Way Oil

<t5s1ln$stj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=6044&group=rec.crafts.metalworking#6044

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Way Oil
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 18:17:11 -0500
 by: Snag - Sun, 15 May 2022 23:17 UTC

On 5/15/2022 5:41 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I've been using Mobile Vactra #2 Way oil for some years in the ways on
> all my machines.  My primary vendors are out of stock, and even if it
> was in stock the price has doubled.  Interestingly one of my vendors
> suggested a mineral oil that is the same viscosity as the Mobile
> petrolatum based oil that is the same ISO68/SAE20.  They have it listed
> as a way oil and its the price the Mobile Vactra #2 was two years ago.
>
> I've done the search engine thing and I can't really find any
> information on the differences in use.  The most articles I found were
> mineral vs synthetic for combustion engines.
>
> Anybody know of any issues?
>
> Yes, Snag I started an oil thread.  Head on over to the RMH VB&G, and
> have one on me in apology.

No apology needed , but I'll take that drink and I'm sure Shirley has
been alerted that I'm headed that way . As far as way oil , I've been
using bar and chain oil for my chainsaws . Higher viscosity than 20 ,
but this shit is way sticky and slippery . I mix it with a little moly
grease to use on my change gears (70 yo Logan/PowrKraft) too .
--
Snag
My rights don't end