"Never give in. Never give in. Never. Never. Never." -- Winston Churchill

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

SubjectAuthor
* More traffic control newsAMuzi
`* Re: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
 +- Re: More traffic control newsJohn B.
 +* Re: More traffic control newsJeff Liebermann
 |`- Re: More traffic control newsFrank Krygowski
 `* Re: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
  `* Re: More traffic control newssms
   `* Re: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
    +- Re: More traffic control newsFrank Krygowski
    `* Re: More traffic control newsJeff Liebermann
     +- Re: More traffic control newsSir Ridesalot
     `* Re: More traffic control newspH
      +* Re: More traffic control newsRadey Shouman
      |`- Re: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
      +- Re: More traffic control newsAMuzi
      `* Re: More traffic control newsFrank Krygowski
       `* Re: More traffic control newsTim R
        +* Re: More traffic control newsAMuzi
        |+- Re: More traffic control newsCatrike Rider
        |`* Re: More traffic control newsSepp Ruf
        | +- Re: More traffic control newsAMuzi
        | `* Re: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |  `* Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsdanny burstein
        |   +* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |   |`- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJohn B.
        |   `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |    `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsdanny burstein
        |     +* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |     |`* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsFrank Krygowski
        |     | +* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsdanny burstein
        |     | |`* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |     | | +- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJohn B.
        |     | | `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsFrank Krygowski
        |     | |  +- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJohn B.
        |     | |  `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJeff Liebermann
        |     | |   `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTim R
        |     | |    `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |     | |     +- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        |     | |     `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |     | |      +- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        |     | |      `- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJeff Liebermann
        |     | `- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJohn B.
        |     `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        |      `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsFrank Krygowski
        |       +- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        |       `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTim R
        |        +* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
        |        |+* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsFrank Krygowski
        |        ||`* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        |        || `* Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJohn B.
        |        ||  `- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        |        |+- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        |        |`- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsJohn B.
        |        `- Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control newsfunkma...@hotmail.com
        `* Re: More traffic control newsTom Kunich
         `* Re: More traffic control newsMike A Schwab
          `- Re: More traffic control newsTom Kunich

Pages:123
Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

<ti6vc7$1i0fj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65759&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65759

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 14:00:39 -0400
<5pqojh9ncrirsu80d9bn1jnnpnvn4p7ul1@4ax.com> <thi65j$2o0mu$3@dont-email.me>
<thke38$319dk$1@dont-email.me>
<5bbd0739-3192-4d23-9b43-b6f8f64d3e9fn@googlegroups.com>
<thqeh2$3ufm6$2@dont-email.me> <ths8o2$1rp9$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<ae932353-48c5-4c4d-88aa-9eb999461a25n@googlegroups.com>
<thssin$aqn$1@reader2.panix.com>
<a76c6565-dc72-43d0-9f78-f2c016b0a638n@googlegroups.com>
<ti1jjb$45l$1@reader2.panix.com>
<f77ca76a-b01a-465d-9bd2-8648ea933629n@googlegroups.com>
<ti40ka$14dc8$2@dont-email.me>
<db692956-2429-4804-8bd5-8e6bcd51cd4dn@googlegroups.com>
<4df7e026-6a81-4fea-a716-0b544574822cn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Frank Krygowski - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:00 UTC

On 10/12/2022 12:00 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 7:34:40 AM UTC-7, timoth...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 11:03:42 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>>> My guess is that Tom programmed motion control for those little
>>> instruments he brags about, and perhaps other automatic functions like
>>> temperature control, opening and closing solenoids, etc.
>>>
>> If that is the case, it is a sloppy use of the term.
>> Our control shop called that "parameter input," akin to setting the temperature on a thermostat, not "programming."
>
> Then how do you explain the recommendation of Dr. McCown?

I don't remember the details of his recommendation, but if it was
specific and significant, perhaps it was in return for, oh, some favor?

> I have to wonder why you would react to Krygowski after he has been shown to be capable of saying absolutely anything? Everyone has watched him say that the only way to ride was to take the lane. And then when he received bad reviews even from his fellow jerks he said that he only meant when there wasn't sufficient room on the right? That is neither what he said nor meant.

Bullshit. You're lying. To prove you're not, give a direct quote of me
saying what you claim, with a link to the post.

> Precise positioning within a thousandths of an inch of cell center is far more difficult than you seem to think. Remember that these sample plates are 96 cells designed to measurements that do not allow the chemistry to mix between samples.

Ah, so it _was_ just programming motion control and other minor
functions, as I surmised.

Tom, "within thousandths of an inch" is not particularly unusual. I did
tons of programming and interface work with industrial robots whose
repeatability was closer than a few thousandths of an inch. I taught
hundreds of students the techniques, and many of them used them later in
their careers. Yes, it requires some competence. No, it's not an
astounding skill.

> I haven't done work for the US Army or NASA because I don't know what I'm doing.

In these debates, I always like to take the opportunity to agree with an
opponent when possible. It spreads a little good will.

And I heartily agree with that statement of Tom's. He didn't do work for
the U.S. Army of NASA. Why? Because he doesn't know what he's doing. :-)

> Remember that Krygowski claimed to teach mechanical engineering and I showed you the Youngstown curriculum that said he taught industrial engineering?

:-) Good Grief! The man can't remember what the school's website says!

Show us the link, Tom. If it really has me associated with Industrial
Engineering, it can be corrected. But I strongly suspect you're just
fantasizing yet again.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

<8255c5fc-dbf1-4c70-9f9c-a01d295490can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65761&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65761

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:14:11 -0700 (PDT)
<991b184e-ac00-4640-b1a1-e98c9d55fc2fn@googlegroups.com> <th7333$11q8c$3@dont-email.me>
<8a5643ef-df61-4612-b6ff-088581dc1431n@googlegroups.com> <5pqojh9ncrirsu80d9bn1jnnpnvn4p7ul1@4ax.com>
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:14 UTC

On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 12:00:36 PM UTC-4, cycl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 7:34:40 AM UTC-7, timoth...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 11:03:42 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> > > My guess is that Tom programmed motion control for those little
> > > instruments he brags about, and perhaps other automatic functions like
> > > temperature control, opening and closing solenoids, etc.
> > >
> > If that is the case, it is a sloppy use of the term.
> > Our control shop called that "parameter input," akin to setting the temperature on a thermostat, not "programming."
> Then how do you explain the recommendation of Dr. McCown?

He lost a bet?

> I have to wonder why you would react to Krygowski after he has been shown to be capable of saying absolutely anything? Everyone has watched him say that the only way to ride was to take the lane.

He never said that.

> And then when he received bad reviews even from his fellow jerks he said that he only meant when there wasn't sufficient room on the right? That is neither what he said nor meant.

Yes, stupid, that's what he wrote, and that's what he meant.

> Precise positioning within a thousandths of an inch of cell center is far more difficult than you seem to think.

..001" resolution is much simpler than you seem to think. I was using a desk top PCB prototyping router with .1 mil resolution 20 years ago. The unit only cost a few thousand dollars. Today, their entry-level unit boasts .01 mil.

> Remember that these sample plates are 96 cells designed to measurements that do not allow the chemistry to mix between samples. I decided on the stepping motors and the gear ratios to be small enough that I have plenty of adjusting ability. And thermocyclers had a temperature profile of heating and cooling to hundredths of a degree for several profile cycles. Question: When you don't know anything about these things why in the hell would you listen for one second to a failed mechanical engineer that knows absolutely nothing about it? Or for that matter to Flunky who once claimed to be programmer but has never made one sensible statement about programming. Especially in the half dozen languages I have heavy experience in.

A), I _never_ claimed to be a programmer.
b) That you don't understand the programming I have commented on is your problem, not mine.
c) Pushing a button on a programmed device doesn't mean you have experience programming in the language the device is programmed in.

Tommy seems to for get he deleted an entire conversation where he was confused about how a cycling computer calculates speed after I posted 20 lines of java written by a highschooler.

> I haven't done work for the US Army or NASA because I don't know what I'm doing.
>
> How do you explain the constant increase in wages?

You lied.

> I just got my financial report from Stiehl yesterday and despite the market being down nearly 20% my total worth is almost back to where it was before Obama.

So you never made money in the trump years? You're a moron.

> When the market revives I will be well over a million dollars.

1M in a retirement account isn't all that impressive these days, especially from someone who repeatedly claims $150K/year just on his investments.

> But I'm sure that Lieberman will tell us all that that is presently chickenfeed because he is making $3,000 a month. Why would anyone pay for printer repair when newer and better printers are so cheap?
>
> I have been calling these guys the stupid six for a reason. But more and more they are showing themselves to be a clown car without a circus to be employed in.
>
> Remember when I said that after my work with queers dying of AIDS

Liar.

>that Seaton was sounding just like one and he denied it and now has come out of the closet?

He did? so what?

> It isn't as if I or anyone else here could give a shit what he does with his own health. At best I could warn him but that is plainly too late.

Too late for what?

> Remember that Krygowski claimed to teach mechanical engineering and I showed you the Youngstown curriculum that said he taught industrial engineering?

Yes, we also showed you that isn't what the website actually said.

> For my entire career Silicon Valley was the hottest high tech employment center in the entire world. They were generating hundreds of technicians to engineers and these guys were competent.

Too bad you were never part of that club.

> So how is it that Liebermann with his claimed degree in electrical engineering could never manage to get a job?

His resume shows a much more impressive career than yours.

> These are the sorts of people that you are going to listen to?

What a whiny little shiut.

> Parameter input? When you don't understand the problem don't forward wild guesses.

Tim is right, you're wrong, (as usual)

> Chemistry isn't cooking spare ribs.

Actually, cooking _is_ chemistry.
https://www.advancedchemtech.com/chemistry-and-cooking-what-you-need-to-know/

Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

<239653d5-eaaa-42bd-91ab-2a1a5e0ee19fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65762&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65762

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:16:02 -0700 (PDT)
<4df7e026-6a81-4fea-a716-0b544574822cn@googlegroups.com> <ti6vc7$1i0fj$2@dont-email.me>
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:16 UTC

On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 2:00:44 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 10/12/2022 12:00 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >>>
> >> If that is the case, it is a sloppy use of the term.
> >> Our control shop called that "parameter input," akin to setting the temperature on a thermostat, not "programming."
> >
> > Then how do you explain the recommendation of Dr. McCown?
> I don't remember the details of his recommendation, but if it was
> specific and significant, perhaps it was in return for, oh, some favor?
> > I have to wonder why you would react to Krygowski after he has been shown to be capable of saying absolutely anything? Everyone has watched him say that the only way to ride was to take the lane. And then when he received bad reviews even from his fellow jerks he said that he only meant when there wasn't sufficient room on the right? That is neither what he said nor meant.
> Bullshit. You're lying. To prove you're not, give a direct quote of me
> saying what you claim, with a link to the post.
> > Precise positioning within a thousandths of an inch of cell center is far more difficult than you seem to think. Remember that these sample plates are 96 cells designed to measurements that do not allow the chemistry to mix between samples.
> Ah, so it _was_ just programming motion control and other minor
> functions, as I surmised.
>
> Tom, "within thousandths of an inch" is not particularly unusual. I did
> tons of programming and interface work with industrial robots whose
> repeatability was closer than a few thousandths of an inch. I taught
> hundreds of students the techniques, and many of them used them later in
> their careers. Yes, it requires some competence. No, it's not an
> astounding skill.
> > I haven't done work for the US Army or NASA because I don't know what I'm doing.
> In these debates, I always like to take the opportunity to agree with an
> opponent when possible. It spreads a little good will.
>
> And I heartily agree with that statement of Tom's. He didn't do work for
> the U.S. Army of NASA. Why? Because he doesn't know what he's doing. :-)

I caught that too, Was going to comment but spaced it.

> > Remember that Krygowski claimed to teach mechanical engineering and I showed you the Youngstown curriculum that said he taught industrial engineering?
> :-) Good Grief! The man can't remember what the school's website says!
>
> Show us the link, Tom. If it really has me associated with Industrial
> Engineering, it can be corrected. But I strongly suspect you're just
> fantasizing yet again.
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

<drmekhpkcj1ulu03mpj1bk36pdeai7ljv5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65775&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65775

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 07:34:36 +0700
References: <thqeh2$3ufm6$2@dont-email.me> <ths8o2$1rp9$1@gioia.aioe.org> <ae932353-48c5-4c4d-88aa-9eb999461a25n@googlegroups.com> <thssin$aqn$1@reader2.panix.com> <a76c6565-dc72-43d0-9f78-f2c016b0a638n@googlegroups.com> <ti1jjb$45l$1@reader2.panix.com> <f77ca76a-b01a-465d-9bd2-8648ea933629n@googlegroups.com> <ti40ka$14dc8$2@dont-email.me> <db692956-2429-4804-8bd5-8e6bcd51cd4dn@googlegroups.com> <4df7e026-6a81-4fea-a716-0b544574822cn@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 00:34 UTC

On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 09:00:34 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 7:34:40 AM UTC-7, timoth...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 11:03:42 AM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
>> > My guess is that Tom programmed motion control for those little
>> > instruments he brags about, and perhaps other automatic functions like
>> > temperature control, opening and closing solenoids, etc.
>> >
>> If that is the case, it is a sloppy use of the term.
>> Our control shop called that "parameter input," akin to setting the temperature on a thermostat, not "programming."
>
>Then how do you explain the recommendation of Dr. McCown? I have to wonder why you would react to Krygowski after he has been shown to be capable of saying absolutely anything? Everyone has watched him say that the only way to ride was to take the lane. And then when he received bad reviews even from his fellow jerks he said that he only meant when there wasn't sufficient room on the right? That is neither what he said nor meant.
>
>Precise positioning within a thousandths of an inch of cell center is far more difficult than you seem to think. Remember that these sample plates are 96 cells designed to measurements that do not allow the chemistry to mix between samples. I decided on the stepping motors and the gear ratios to be small enough that I have plenty of adjusting ability. And thermocyclers had a temperature profile of heating and cooling to hundredths of a degree for several profile cycles. Question: When you don't know anything about these things why in the hell would you listen for one second to a failed mechanical engineer that knows absolutely nothing about it? Or for that matter to Flunky who once claimed to be programmer but has never made one sensible statement about programming. Especially in the half dozen languages I have heavy experience in.
>
>I haven't done work for the US Army or NASA because I don't know what I'm doing.
>
>How do you explain the constant increase in wages? I just got my financial report from Stiehl yesterday and despite the market being down nearly 20% my total worth is almost back to where it was before Obama. When the market revives I will be well over a million dollars. But I'm sure that Lieberman will tell us all that that is presently chickenfeed because he is making $3,000 a month. Why would anyone pay for printer repair when newer and better printers are so cheap?

Yes Sir! Worth a million and living in a cheap house in a self
described slum and driving a second-hand Ford.

One of the problems with telling lies, Mark Twain told us many years
ago, is that you have to remember all the lies you have told as
otherwise other people will remember your lies and know that you are
lying yet again.

And, Tommy has a very poor memory (:-(

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

<r9nekhhdnucbahhoi0fb1ht74s6fkpkur0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65776&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65776

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 07:40:01 +0700
References: <ae932353-48c5-4c4d-88aa-9eb999461a25n@googlegroups.com> <thssin$aqn$1@reader2.panix.com> <a76c6565-dc72-43d0-9f78-f2c016b0a638n@googlegroups.com> <ti1jjb$45l$1@reader2.panix.com> <f77ca76a-b01a-465d-9bd2-8648ea933629n@googlegroups.com> <ti40ka$14dc8$2@dont-email.me> <db692956-2429-4804-8bd5-8e6bcd51cd4dn@googlegroups.com> <4df7e026-6a81-4fea-a716-0b544574822cn@googlegroups.com> <ti6vc7$1i0fj$2@dont-email.me> <239653d5-eaaa-42bd-91ab-2a1a5e0ee19fn@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 00:40 UTC

On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:16:02 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
<funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 2:00:44 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:

>> > Then how do you explain the recommendation of Dr. McCown?
>> I don't remember the details of his recommendation, but if it was
>> specific and significant, perhaps it was in return for, oh, some favor?
>> > I have to wonder why you would react to Krygowski after he has been shown to be capable of saying absolutely anything? Everyone has watched him say that the only way to ride was to take the lane. And then when he received bad reviews even from his fellow jerks he said that he only meant when there wasn't sufficient room on the right? That is neither what he said nor meant.
>> Bullshit. You're lying. To prove you're not, give a direct quote of me
>> saying what you claim, with a link to the post.
>> > Precise positioning within a thousandths of an inch of cell center is far more difficult than you seem to think. Remember that these sample plates are 96 cells designed to measurements that do not allow the chemistry to mix between samples.
>> Ah, so it _was_ just programming motion control and other minor
>> functions, as I surmised.
>>
>> Tom, "within thousandths of an inch" is not particularly unusual. I did
>> tons of programming and interface work with industrial robots whose
>> repeatability was closer than a few thousandths of an inch. I taught
>> hundreds of students the techniques, and many of them used them later in
>> their careers. Yes, it requires some competence. No, it's not an
>> astounding skill.
>> > I haven't done work for the US Army or NASA because I don't know what I'm doing.
>> In these debates, I always like to take the opportunity to agree with an
>> opponent when possible. It spreads a little good will.
>>
>> And I heartily agree with that statement of Tom's. He didn't do work for
>> the U.S. Army of NASA. Why? Because he doesn't know what he's doing. :-)
>
>I caught that too, Was going to comment but spaced it.

Well, I don't know about the Army or NASA but he could have gotten a
job with the Air Force. They hired a lot of people like Tommy to wash
airplanes or peel potatoes and empty the garbage in the Mess Halls.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

<v2sgkh5unpr70dfj1dhqm841es7jm530cd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65813&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65813

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 14:09:13 -0700
References: <27c25f3b-4094-4132-87fa-c3ba42b74d41n@googlegroups.com> <ti21lv$t0pi$1@dont-email.me> <ti21um$j1r$1@reader2.panix.com> <e1e67042-e8da-482d-9d7d-ffc2aab773ddn@googlegroups.com> <a17ba79f-e998-471a-b7cc-3414f0c4ecfcn@googlegroups.com> <oof9khdasjsppp8l76uk7rp4qt82ceslqb@4ax.com> <ac00f1b8-c0d8-4778-82c7-91b3137e0f74n@googlegroups.com> <0743c01a-ebaf-46f5-a77b-f83905bf2cb2n@googlegroups.com> <43b7c598-f099-4eab-aa50-6ca1a9fdf746n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Thu, 13 Oct 2022 21:09 UTC

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 08:58:14 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>By the way Jeff, people don't like you and I have received
>several private emails on the subject of you.

You're lying. If that were true, you would have mentioned the subject
of the private email. I don't mind your lies too much. What bothers
me is the you're such a terrible liar. Can't you take the time to
make your lies believable?
"8 ways to be a better liar"
<https://www.insider.com/how-to-be-a-good-liar-2018-3>

>I was making $233,000/yr at Datum and not Tality or whatever.
>My salary has been over $150,000/yr at every place I worked
>since Thoratec...

That would be everything on your online resume since 1984:
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunich-22012/details/experience/>
I don't recall the salary for a firmware programmer in 1984, but my
guess(tm) is about $25,000 with zero experience. I don't know what
you did between your Air Force career ending in about 1966 and being
hired by Thoratec. That's about an 18 year black hole. Please don't
tell me it was all on your lost 14 page resume.

>...when you've been lucky to make $10/hr repairing printers.

You're being generous. At times, my printer laser repairs made even
less, sometimes at a net loss. That's because I enjoy fixing laser
printers, just like I enjoy fixing calculators, chainsaws, power tools
etc and can afford to fix them at a loss.

>Seems like you don't know a single thing about engineering jobs
>but you can talk about them because you like showing everyone what
>a fool you are.

Amazing logic. Do you really think anyone (except you) likes to make
themselves look like a fool?

>If I can't hold a job explain why every new job I went to I made
>a higher salary?

Since I don't know your actual salary history, I can't explain it to
you. Perhaps it was inflation?

>I have had it suggested that your so-called Diploma is a fake.

You lie. However, you can find out the truth for only $21:
<https://nscverifications.org/welcome-to-verification-services/>
$15 plus $6 school surcharge. If want me to run it for you, send me
$21 via PayPal to my email address.
Or, I can order a duplicate diploma at:
<https://www.cpp.edu/registrar/graduation/diploma-info.shtml>

>It is easy enough to fake since I gave one of the members of
>our riding group (you know - people who actually ride bicycles?)

Oddly, none of your riding "group" has ever appeared in RBT. The only
person I recall is when you joined Jobst Brandt on one of his rides,
with predictable results. Also, thanks for posting your rides to
Strava, but I would think that you would have added a few of your
group members as Strava followers.

However, since you're so concerned that I faked my diploma, please
note that the fake diplomas usually don't include the padded leather
case:
<https://www.cpp.edu/registrar/img/18class4.jpg>
You can see some of the case in my photo. I'll post an updated photo
tomorrow:
<http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/diploma-jeffl.jpg>

>This is why you have spent the last several years making enemies
>among the posters here.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody hates me, in RBT or elsewhere.
Similarly, I don't currently hate anyone. I find you disagreeable but
I don't hate you. All you've done is make yourself appear incompetent
and foolish. All I've done it fix your mistakes, point out your lies,
and document your ineptitude.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news

<ec7fa1db-a575-4d9a-b9e6-b0db02d29194n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=65864&group=rec.bicycles.tech#65864

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 03:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:18 UTC

On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 8:40:10 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:16:02 -0700 (PDT), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
> <funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> I don't remember the details of his recommendation, but if it was
> >> specific and significant, perhaps it was in return for, oh, some favor?
> >> Bullshit. You're lying. To prove you're not, give a direct quote of me
> >> saying what you claim, with a link to the post.
> >> Ah, so it _was_ just programming motion control and other minor
> >> functions, as I surmised.
> >>
> >> Tom, "within thousandths of an inch" is not particularly unusual. I did
> >> tons of programming and interface work with industrial robots whose
> >> repeatability was closer than a few thousandths of an inch. I taught
> >> hundreds of students the techniques, and many of them used them later in
> >> their careers. Yes, it requires some competence. No, it's not an
> >> astounding skill.
> >> In these debates, I always like to take the opportunity to agree with an
> >> opponent when possible. It spreads a little good will.
> >>
> >> And I heartily agree with that statement of Tom's. He didn't do work for
> >> the U.S. Army of NASA. Why? Because he doesn't know what he's doing. :-)
> >
> >I caught that too, Was going to comment but spaced it.
> >
> Well, I don't know about the Army or NASA but he could have gotten a
> job with the Air Force. They hired a lot of people like Tommy to wash
> airplanes or peel potatoes and empty the garbage in the Mess Halls.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> John B.

The army also had civilian employees working menial jobs - stocking shelves at the PX and commissary, pumping gas at the PX gas station, menial kitchen labor at the PX cafeteria and bowling alley. All of which Tom may have become qualified for with some training. I don't know for sure about NASA, though it's likely they needed help in the janitorial department and cafeteria staff.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Death Cultist Denialists, was: More traffic control news