"Turn on, tune up, rock out." -- Billy Gibbons

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be worse than the other

SubjectAuthor
* Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is goingFred Bloggs
+* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isamdx
|+* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isBill Sloman
||`- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isamdx
|+- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wboB
|+* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isDon Y
||+* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isJohn S
|||`- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isDon Y
||`* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wSpehro Pefhany
|| +* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isDon Y
|| |`* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isDon Y
|| | `* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wSpehro Pefhany
|| |  `- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isDon Y
|| `* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wjlarkin
||  `* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wFred Bloggs
||   `* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wjlarkin
||    +* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isFred Bloggs
||    |`* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wjlarkin
||    | +* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One iswhit3rd
||    | |`- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wjlarkin
||    | `- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isPhil Hobbs
||    `* Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One iswhit3rd
||     `- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isDon Y
|`- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isFred Bloggs
+- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One isJohn S
`- Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be wJeff Liebermann

Pages:12
Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is going to be worse than the other

<sblqrj$1gqe$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=66388&group=sci.electronics.design#66388

From: pcdhSpam...@electrooptical.net (Phil Hobbs)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Dueling heat waves are baking the East and West Coasts. One is
going to be worse than the other
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 21:41:08 -0400
 by: Phil Hobbs - Fri, 2 Jul 2021 01:41 UTC

jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 10:42:39 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 12:36:55 PM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> Predicting the future of chaotic systems is absurd... economic
>>> systems, social systems, weather, climate.
>>
>> It's no longer absurd or chaotic the closer you get to the occurrence of the event, everything is quite deterministic at that point.
>>

>>> The pnw is getting wind from the east, so it's hot and dry. Our
>>> dominant wind is from the west, off the ice-cold ocean, but we usually
>>> get a few weeks of hot and dry wind from the east, typically in
>>> October. A ceiling fan is enough to make that bearable.
>>>
>>> Of course when an area is covered by thousands of continuously-read
>>> temperature sensors, some in parking lots or on runways, you get
>>> records.
>>>
>>> A weather station map of Portland shows 10 degree local variations.
>>> And it's cool today so far.
>>
>> All you're saying is some air is the shade, some is in the sun, some is in between.
>

> And you can pick the highest one of hundreds to declare a record.

Well, Lytton BC broke the previous all-Canada record by 13 F yesterday,
hours before a brush fire burnt the whole village to the ground. :(

Seriously, it got up to 121 F (49.4 C) in _Canada_.

May God have mercy on them all.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--