C Code. C Code Run. Run, Code, RUN! PLEASE!!!!

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

SubjectAuthor
* Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordCatrike Rider
+* Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordJohn B.
> [...]
|   |    `- Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordTom Kunich
|   `* Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordAMuzi
|    +- Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordTom Kunich
|    `* Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Recordfunkma...@hotmail.com
|     +* Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordAMuzi
|     |`- Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordTom Kunich
|     `- Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling WorldFrank Krygowski
`* Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordTom Kunich
 `* Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordAMuzi
  `* Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordTom Kunich
   `- Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World RecordAndre Jute

Pages:12
Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<tlh15n$3t7m5$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68378&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68378

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:21:29 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:21 UTC

On 11/21/2022 3:50 PM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 4:05:30 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

>>> I see you're still confused over the distinction of the government vs a private company WRT to 1st amendment.
>>>
>> Until a couple of years ago I would have agreed with you and
>> noted, "good point."
>>
>> There's no longer a bright line between unconstitutional
>> government restriction of free speech/ association and
>> private acts. The 'private' entities are sometimes directly
>> implementing administration policy by request:
>>
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/new-documents-prove-dhs-involvement-in-facebook-and-twitter-censorship/ar-AA13Au88
>>
>> (note: left wing news organization source, not some
>> conspiracy blog)
>> --
>
> Sure, there are probably hundreds of cases where the gubmint has asked some private entity to censor otherwise protected speech, but they weren't under any legal obligation to do so.

In theory you're right.

But no one wants to be on Lois Lerner's Christmas list. Or
appear 'on the radar' at another few dozen departments
agencies bureaus and commissions.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<tlh1d4$3t9lk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68380&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68380

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:25:25 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:25 UTC

On 11/21/2022 4:09 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:08:16 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:
>
>> On 11/21/2022 1:58 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:

>>> Free speech is free speech, Jimmy Junior...
>>>

>> Nope, that's not true.
>
> Whenever some entity becomes more free to speak, it's more free
> speech.
>
>> Or, to quote myself, 'Our nation is a republic with
>> individual rights. Inside these walls is a fiefdom and it's
>> my call.'
>
> No, I'm not trying to say that private entities are, or should be
> subject to the 1st Amendment. I simply disaprove of news media
> censoring what they report and I applaud when I see one being loosened
> up. How much twitter will be loosened up is not yet clear, but so
> far, it's looking good.

So far, yes.[1]

Principle is important, but in such a highly leveraged
entity revenue is going to trump principle when push comes
to shove.

[1] Personally, I have never signed up for/visited/viewed
Twitter or any other 'social' web site so I write as a
disinterested observer.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<140d83b2-128b-49a4-9acc-0676c98ae8a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68382&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68382

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:36:30 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:36 UTC

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 2:12:32 PM UTC-8, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:45:49 -0800 (PST), "funkma...@hotmail.com"
> <funkma...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 2:58:32 PM UTC-5, Catrike Rider wrote:

> >> Free speech is free speech, Jimmy Junior...
> >
> >No kitty, it isn't. Twitter - or any private company - is under no legal obligation to afford speech protection to anyone. Section 230 of CFR 47 explicitly states:
> >" No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of
> > (A) any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected"
> >
> >Note the term "or otherwise objectionable". With regards to the relationship of the private US citizen and Twitter/Facebook/ET Al, the free speech protections of the constitution do not apply.

Being threatened by the government to be investigated if you don't toe their line and censor free speech is exactly what this mindless Flunky couldn't care less about until it is his speech being threatened by the government..

S0o what is clear is that after Google is taken over by an international conglomerate that doesn't like the things that the stupid five are saying, they can simply shut down their accounts. I will suggest it to them since Google is about to implode from 80% more workers than are necessary to do the work. But that many workers do give Google management a sense of power over the lives of their workers who for the most part have nothing to do. Google has a workforce bigger than the Pentagon and they are dreaming of a building even bigger.

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<2b2onh13pjfu9tu5aia8nqsjt28us0b9kq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68384&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68384

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:38:08 -0500
References: <lusinhdjoki1g6hoerc0f972pnuii69ka2@4ax.com> <tntinhhn1brfn6d2pmp78g5dqs0i9gir5o@4ax.com> <537172ab-4d76-4f01-9dfb-2339b9fbad5en@googlegroups.com> <u1ennhd3tkffv2h7cqahv31sd53b0llktk@4ax.com> <82362489-23a2-4296-8ca3-8658a1d4aa9dn@googlegroups.com> <oslnnhh4fpscnfviean64018q4o5pemip4@4ax.com> <tlgpbu$3sk1v$2@dont-email.me> <snrnnht9sactn0f9njs32uftb35gksh652@4ax.com> <tlh1d4$3t9lk$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Catrike Rider - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:38 UTC

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:25:25 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 11/21/2022 4:09 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:

>>> Nope, that's not true.
>>
>> Whenever some entity becomes more free to speak, it's more free
>> speech.
>>
>>> Or, to quote myself, 'Our nation is a republic with
>>> individual rights. Inside these walls is a fiefdom and it's
>>> my call.'
>>
>> No, I'm not trying to say that private entities are, or should be
>> subject to the 1st Amendment. I simply disaprove of news media
>> censoring what they report and I applaud when I see one being loosened
>> up. How much twitter will be loosened up is not yet clear, but so
>> far, it's looking good.
>>

>So far, yes.[1]
>
>Principle is important, but in such a highly leveraged
>entity revenue is going to trump principle when push comes
>to shove.
>
>[1] Personally, I have never signed up for/visited/viewed
>Twitter or any other 'social' web site so I write as a
>disinterested observer.

I just recently signed up for the opportunity of seeing exactly what
people are saying instead of having it filtered through the biased
media. It's doubtful that I would ever post anything there and I'm not
sure I'll stay with it for long.

As for other social sites. I did FB only as a way to have pictures
that did not reference my computer...

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<4fd59297-212a-4db9-a0ac-de7be67c96c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68385&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68385

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:38 UTC

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 3:07:18 PM UTC-8, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:55:19 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
> wrote:
> >On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:58:27 -0500, Catrike Rider
> ><sol...@drafting.not> wrote:
> >
> >>Free speech is free speech, Jimmy Junior...
> >
> >Nope. Try yelling "fire" in a crowded venue as see how far you get by
> >claiming it's your right.
> I didn't say anything about rights. Free speech is simply when one
> can speak freely.
> >"United States free speech exceptions"
> ><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions>
> >
> >"Permissible restrictions on expression"
> ><https://www.britannica.com/topic/First-Amendment/Permissible-restrictions-on-expression>
> >
> >"Freedom of Expression"
> ><https://www.aclu.org/other/freedom-expression>

As usual, dumbass Liebermann doesn't have even a passing clue what he is talking about. Hey Stupid, why don't you look that up sometime instead of believing CNN?

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<97f150c0-ad85-4d51-87e3-b3ef8e2b991an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68386&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68386

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:41:10 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:41 UTC

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 3:21:31 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> On 11/21/2022 3:50 PM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:

> >> Until a couple of years ago I would have agreed with you and
> >> noted, "good point."
> >>
> >> There's no longer a bright line between unconstitutional
> >> government restriction of free speech/ association and
> >> private acts. The 'private' entities are sometimes directly
> >> implementing administration policy by request:
> >>
> >> https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/new-documents-prove-dhs-involvement-in-facebook-and-twitter-censorship/ar-AA13Au88
> >>
> >> (note: left wing news organization source, not some
> >> conspiracy blog)
> >> --
> >
> > Sure, there are probably hundreds of cases where the gubmint has asked some private entity to censor otherwise protected speech, but they weren't under any legal obligation to do so.
> >
> In theory you're right.
>
> But no one wants to be on Lois Lerner's Christmas list. Or
> appear 'on the radar' at another few dozen departments
> agencies bureaus and commissions.

Unless you have very good tax accountants, you have errors on your taxes. I was even shown an error on mine and I didn't pay any taxes or OWE any. I could have been prosecuted for that. No judge in the world would go along with it but they could make my life almost smell like Flunky.

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<0993d397-412f-4be1-ba11-40f3771c414fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68388&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68388

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 15:44:32 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 23:44 UTC

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 3:25:27 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> On 11/21/2022 4:09 PM, Catrike Rider wrote:

> >> Nope, that's not true.
> >
> > Whenever some entity becomes more free to speak, it's more free
> > speech.
> >
> >> Or, to quote myself, 'Our nation is a republic with
> >> individual rights. Inside these walls is a fiefdom and it's
> >> my call.'
> >
> > No, I'm not trying to say that private entities are, or should be
> > subject to the 1st Amendment. I simply disaprove of news media
> > censoring what they report and I applaud when I see one being loosened
> > up. How much twitter will be loosened up is not yet clear, but so
> > far, it's looking good.
> >
> So far, yes.[1]
>
> Principle is important, but in such a highly leveraged
> entity revenue is going to trump principle when push comes
> to shove.
>
> [1] Personally, I have never signed up for/visited/viewed
> Twitter or any other 'social' web site so I write as a
> disinterested observer.

I was suspended for hell knows what. Facebook also suspended my account unless I apologized for something I had no intentions of apologizing for. Then some new management came in to Facebook and pointed out that I was a stockholder and suddenly my account was reopened.

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<ab3onh91umar06t6c95m3n217q7ihbca6u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68390&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68390

From: jef...@cruzio.com (Jeff Liebermann)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:00:36 -0800
 by: Jeff Liebermann - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 00:00 UTC

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:07:15 -0500, Catrike Rider
<soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:55:19 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:58:27 -0500, Catrike Rider
>><soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>>
>>>Free speech is free speech, Jimmy Junior...
>>
>>Nope. Try yelling "fire" in a crowded venue as see how far you get by
>>claiming it's your right.
>
>I didn't say anything about rights. Free speech is simply when one
>can speak freely.

Your freedoms end where my rights begin.

Free speech, free assembly, freedom of religion, etc are all parts of
the first ammendement, part of the Bill of Rights. I assume that when
discussing free speech, everyone in the US knows that it originates
from the Bill of Rights.

Free speech is NOT simple. Ask the ACLU, which has spent the last 100
years defending our rights to free speech.

Incidentally, when you use an internet service, the vendor usually has
an appropriate use policy and/or terms of service, both of which
usually restrict your freedom of speech. For example, here is the
Google Groups AUP:
<https://support.google.com/groups/answer/4561696?hl=en>
Looks like a long list of things your shouldn't say on Google Groups.
However, you're using Eternal-September, which is under German law and
is not as restrictive as Google:
<https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=terms>

>>"United States free speech exceptions"
>><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions>
>>
>>"Permissible restrictions on expression"
>><https://www.britannica.com/topic/First-Amendment/Permissible-restrictions-on-expression>
>>
>>"Freedom of Expression"
>><https://www.aclu.org/other/freedom-expression>
--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<135onhdn3va60u65iskecu197oo9g7dhd9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68395&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68395

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 19:36:01 -0500
References: <lusinhdjoki1g6hoerc0f972pnuii69ka2@4ax.com> <tntinhhn1brfn6d2pmp78g5dqs0i9gir5o@4ax.com> <537172ab-4d76-4f01-9dfb-2339b9fbad5en@googlegroups.com> <u1ennhd3tkffv2h7cqahv31sd53b0llktk@4ax.com> <82362489-23a2-4296-8ca3-8658a1d4aa9dn@googlegroups.com> <oslnnhh4fpscnfviean64018q4o5pemip4@4ax.com> <850onhhe38n4li9op1s8s2j5f0k9aeu1bi@4ax.com> <o01onht1dfo568a4k7vkvm9l799j3ndfgd@4ax.com> <ab3onh91umar06t6c95m3n217q7ihbca6u@4ax.com>
 by: Catrike Rider - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 00:36 UTC

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:00:36 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:07:15 -0500, Catrike Rider
><soloman@drafting.not> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 14:55:19 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Nope. Try yelling "fire" in a crowded venue as see how far you get by
>>>claiming it's your right.
>>
>>I didn't say anything about rights. Free speech is simply when one
>>can speak freely.
>
>Your freedoms end where my rights begin.

Sometimes... Sometimes conflicts of rights require the judicial
system.

>Free speech, free assembly, freedom of religion, etc are all parts of
>the first ammendement, part of the Bill of Rights. I assume that when
>discussing free speech, everyone in the US knows that it originates
>from the Bill of Rights.

The government restrictions of speech is..

OTOH, I spoke to our cat today. I didn't need any permission to do it
and I doubt anyone else heard it and there was nothing they could do
about it if they had. IOW, I was free to do it. Simple free speech.

>Free speech is NOT simple.

Yes it is.. It's simply when you are free to speak.

>Ask the ACLU, which has spent the last 100
>years defending our rights to free speech.

I wouldn't trust the ACLU for anything, today.

>Incidentally, when you use an internet service, the vendor usually has
>an appropriate use policy and/or terms of service, both of which
>usually restrict your freedom of speech. For example, here is the
>Google Groups AUP:
><https://support.google.com/groups/answer/4561696?hl=en>
>Looks like a long list of things your shouldn't say on Google Groups.

I don't use Google for anything but Google Maps and Google Earth.

>However, you're using Eternal-September, which is under German law and
>is not as restrictive as Google:
><https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=terms>
>
>>>"United States free speech exceptions"
>>><https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions>
>>>
>>>"Permissible restrictions on expression"
>>><https://www.britannica.com/topic/First-Amendment/Permissible-restrictions-on-expression>
>>>
>>>"Freedom of Expression"
>>><https://www.aclu.org/other/freedom-expression>

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<tlhd13$3tve2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68408&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68408

From: frkry...@sbcglobal.net (Frank Krygowski)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World
Record
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:43:47 -0500
 by: Frank Krygowski - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 02:43 UTC

On 11/21/2022 4:50 PM, funkma...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 4:05:30 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

>>> I see you're still confused over the distinction of the government vs a private company WRT to 1st amendment.
>>>
>> Until a couple of years ago I would have agreed with you and
>> noted, "good point."
>>
>> There's no longer a bright line between unconstitutional
>> government restriction of free speech/ association and
>> private acts. The 'private' entities are sometimes directly
>> implementing administration policy by request:
>>
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/new-documents-prove-dhs-involvement-in-facebook-and-twitter-censorship/ar-AA13Au88
>>
>> (note: left wing news organization source, not some
>> conspiracy blog)
>> --
>
> Sure, there are probably hundreds of cases where the gubmint has asked some private entity to censor otherwise protected speech, but they weren't under any legal obligation to do so.

I'd be surprised if the Washington Post and New York Times didn't get
some earnest messages from the Nixon administration back in Watergate
times.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<6oppnhhafh1ekapdk27ijq7u8sv011mp2e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68423&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68423

From: solo...@drafting.not (Catrike Rider)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 10:16:33 -0500
References: <lusinhdjoki1g6hoerc0f972pnuii69ka2@4ax.com> <tntinhhn1brfn6d2pmp78g5dqs0i9gir5o@4ax.com> <537172ab-4d76-4f01-9dfb-2339b9fbad5en@googlegroups.com> <u1ennhd3tkffv2h7cqahv31sd53b0llktk@4ax.com> <82362489-23a2-4296-8ca3-8658a1d4aa9dn@googlegroups.com> <oslnnhh4fpscnfviean64018q4o5pemip4@4ax.com> <tlgpbu$3sk1v$2@dont-email.me> <snrnnht9sactn0f9njs32uftb35gksh652@4ax.com> <tlh1d4$3t9lk$1@dont-email.me> <2b2onh13pjfu9tu5aia8nqsjt28us0b9kq@4ax.com>
 by: Catrike Rider - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 15:16 UTC

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:38:08 -0500, Catrike Rider
<soloman@drafting.not> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:25:25 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>>> Whenever some entity becomes more free to speak, it's more free
>>> speech.

>>> No, I'm not trying to say that private entities are, or should be
>>> subject to the 1st Amendment. I simply disaprove of news media
>>> censoring what they report and I applaud when I see one being loosened
>>> up. How much twitter will be loosened up is not yet clear, but so
>>> far, it's looking good.
>>>

>>So far, yes.[1]
>>
>>Principle is important, but in such a highly leveraged
>>entity revenue is going to trump principle when push comes
>>to shove.
>>
>>[1] Personally, I have never signed up for/visited/viewed
>>Twitter or any other 'social' web site so I write as a
>>disinterested observer.
>
>I just recently signed up for the opportunity of seeing exactly what
>people are saying instead of having it filtered through the biased
>media. It's doubtful that I would ever post anything there and I'm not
>sure I'll stay with it for long.
>
>As for other social sites. I did FB only as a way to have pictures
>that did not reference my computer...

Since I posted the comment above, I have discovered the entertainment
value of reading what the leftist freaks have to say on Twitter.

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<8efe31c5-7839-4b76-ad54-5ead5ebdab21n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68425&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68425

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 07:58:07 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 15:58 UTC

On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 4:36:05 PM UTC-8, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:00:36 -0800, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:07:15 -0500, Catrike Rider
> ><sol...@drafting.not> wrote:

> >>I didn't say anything about rights. Free speech is simply when one
> >>can speak freely.
> >
> >Your freedoms end where my rights begin.
> Sometimes... Sometimes conflicts of rights require the judicial
> system.
> >Free speech, free assembly, freedom of religion, etc are all parts of
> >the first ammendement, part of the Bill of Rights. I assume that when
> >discussing free speech, everyone in the US knows that it originates
> >from the Bill of Rights.
> The government restrictions of speech is..
>
> OTOH, I spoke to our cat today. I didn't need any permission to do it
> and I doubt anyone else heard it and there was nothing they could do
> about it if they had. IOW, I was free to do it. Simple free speech.
> >Free speech is NOT simple.
> Yes it is.. It's simply when you are free to speak.
> >Ask the ACLU, which has spent the last 100
> >years defending our rights to free speech.
> I wouldn't trust the ACLU for anything, today.
> >Incidentally, when you use an internet service, the vendor usually has
> >an appropriate use policy and/or terms of service, both of which
> >usually restrict your freedom of speech. For example, here is the
> >Google Groups AUP:
> ><https://support.google.com/groups/answer/4561696?hl=en>
> >Looks like a long list of things your shouldn't say on Google Groups.
> I don't use Google for anything but Google Maps and Google Earth.
> >However, you're using Eternal-September, which is under German law and
> >is not as restrictive as Google:
> ><https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=terms>

It certainly is great to see Liebermann telling us what we can and cannot do on Google Groups. And yet I say anything I like because they cannot police it. Saying something and doing it is two different things but the sick old Liebermann who is rapidly approaching death wouldn't know that. He wants to be able to look like he actually knows something when he doesn't. It was all said and done when no one would hire him and he was stuck with working on other people's printers to make a living.

Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

<a7baebb5-dfa9-47dc-9d5e-7d36fddd3a27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=68439&group=rec.bicycles.tech#68439

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 14:12:07 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmast...@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 22:12 UTC

On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 10:16:36 AM UTC-5, Catrike Rider wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 18:38:08 -0500, Catrike Rider
> <sol...@drafting.not> wrote:

> >>So far, yes.[1]
> >>
> >>Principle is important, but in such a highly leveraged
> >>entity revenue is going to trump principle when push comes
> >>to shove.
> >>
> >>[1] Personally, I have never signed up for/visited/viewed
> >>Twitter or any other 'social' web site so I write as a
> >>disinterested observer.
> >
> >I just recently signed up for the opportunity of seeing exactly what
> >people are saying instead of having it filtered through the biased
> >media. It's doubtful that I would ever post anything there and I'm not
> >sure I'll stay with it for long.
> >
> >As for other social sites. I did FB only as a way to have pictures
> >that did not reference my computer...
> Since I posted the comment above, I have discovered the entertainment
> value of reading what the leftist freaks have to say on Twitter.

That's nothing compared to the Q/maga conspiracy theories. Jewish space lasers anyone?

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record