13. ... r-q1

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

SubjectAuthor
* Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
+* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
|`* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
| +* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
| |`* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
| | `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
| |  `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
| |   `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
| |    `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
| |     `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
| |      `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
| |       `- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
| `- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Maciej Wozniak
`* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?JanPB
 +* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
 |`* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?JanPB
 | +- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Maciej Wozniak
 | `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Michael Moroney
 |  +- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
 |  `- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Maciej Wozniak
 +- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
 +* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Paparios
 |`* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Richard Hertz
 | `- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Dono.
 `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?The Starmaker
  `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?JanPB
   `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?The Starmaker
    `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?JanPB
     +- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Maciej Wozniak
     `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?The Starmaker
      `* Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?Odd Bodkin
       `- Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?The Starmaker

Pages:12
Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

<3d647319-d33f-49a3-94e9-98db25e85bc2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70359&group=sci.physics.relativity#70359

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 22:55:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 05:55 UTC

On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 03:17:34 UTC+2, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 10/23/2021 3:07 AM, JanPB wrote:
> >> And you are the one who should get a MRI of your rotten brain. The holes and remains will present clearly.
> >
> > No, but like any arrogant ignoramus you cannot understand what's
> > going on here. All your posts are just a waste of your time. Keep
> > doing it though, I love the entertainment you provide.
> Richard's stupid arrogance does make great entertainment, doesn't it.

In the meantime in the real world, however, GPS clocks
keep measuring t'=t, just like all serious clocks always did.

Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

<617503E3.6110@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70360&group=sci.physics.relativity#70360

Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 23:57:39 -0700
From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 06:57 UTC

JanPB wrote:

> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 9:46:43 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> > JanPB wrote:

> > > He doesn't seem to me that, just a typical arrogant
> > > --
> > > Jan
> >
> > You just described yourself...perfectly.
>
> No, I just know this stuff and he doesn't. What's arrogant about that?
> --
> Jan

No and a comma after the word No sounds arrogant.

Saying "I just know this stuff and he doesn't." isn't arrogant, it just *sounds* arrogant!

The sound of your voice is...arrogant.

All of your past posts sounds...arrogant. All of it!

You probably don't hear it...but your friends know you 'sound' arrogant.

Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word..arrogant. as it pertains to you.

'showing an offensive attitude of superiority : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance an arrogant reply.'

Like an arrogant official..

someone who thinks they knows more than anyone else..

"No, I just know this stuff and he doesn't. What's arrogant about that?" Is that a joke or are you for real????

All your posts sound...snobbish.

Maybe you're simply not conscious of it...

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

<de3656ab-2492-4b3d-838d-d79c20fc1aefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70367&group=sci.physics.relativity#70367

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 01:54:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: film...@gmail.com (JanPB)
 by: JanPB - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 08:54 UTC

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 11:57:14 PM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> JanPB wrote:

> > > You just described yourself...perfectly.
> >
> > No, I just know this stuff and he doesn't. What's arrogant about that?
> > --
> > Jan
>

> No and a comma after the word No sounds arrogant.

That's an odd thing to say.

> Saying "I just know this stuff and he doesn't." isn't arrogant, it just *sounds* arrogant!
[...]

I don't know how else to say it, it's just a fact. Richard very likely knows
much more than me about his work domain but I don't go to an EE newsgroup
telling them that everyone who ever contributed to their field for the past
100+ years is an idiot and that everyone currently practising EE is an idiot,
etc. etc.

This is what Richard does. And he is an idiot for doing this. His posts
are mostly drivel.

--
Jan

Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

<8f1969ed-dbe9-4d44-9b3b-08cb86085af3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70369&group=sci.physics.relativity#70369

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 02:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 09:42 UTC

On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 10:54:15 UTC+2, JanPB wrote:

> I don't know how else to say it, it's just a fact. Richard very likely knows
> much more than me about his work domain but I don't go to an EE newsgroup
> telling them that everyone who ever contributed to their field for the past
> 100+ years is an idiot and that everyone currently practising EE is an idiot,
> etc. etc.

Together with your fellow cranks you will limit yourself
to announce it here.

Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

<617599E8.1C7E@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70389&group=sci.physics.relativity#70389

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 10:37:44 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 17:37 UTC

JanPB wrote:

> On Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 11:57:14 PM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> > JanPB wrote:

> > > No, I just know this stuff and he doesn't. What's arrogant about that?
> > > --
> > > Jan
> >

> > No and a comma after the word No sounds arrogant.
>
> That's an odd thing to say.
>
> > Saying "I just know this stuff and he doesn't." isn't arrogant, it just *sounds* arrogant!
> [...]
>
> I don't know how else to say it, it's just a fact. Richard very likely knows
> much more than me about his work domain but I don't go to an EE newsgroup
> telling them that everyone who ever contributed to their field for the past
> 100+ years is an idiot and that everyone currently practising EE is an idiot,
> etc. etc.
>
> This is what Richard does. And he is an idiot for doing this. His posts
> are mostly drivel.
>
> --
> Jan

Maybe what you see as "drivel" is simply some martian language you do not yet understand.

Billions of people on earth would consider this statment to be ...drivel:

"Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link) is concerned.
Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a finite amount of time due
to quantisation of energy and our detection devices limitations."

unintelligible to billions of humans on earth...

rubbish.

to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, say the unsayable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.

Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

<sl6287$s4u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70420&group=sci.physics.relativity#70420

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:51:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:51 UTC

The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Billions of people on earth would consider this statment to be ...drivel:
>
> "Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link) is concerned.
> Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a finite amount of time due
> to quantisation of energy and our detection devices limitations."
>

> unintelligible to billions of humans on earth...
>
> rubbish.

Maybe they would say that.

This of course is why nearly all of those billions stay away from
discussion groups about physics or relativity. “I really don’t know what
they’re talking about.” “They’re using words like ‘causal’ and
‘quantisation’ and it all goes clean over my head.” “Yeah I’m sure it’s
interesting to them, they’ve spent a lot of time thinking about it, but not
me.”

But then there are a few of those billions who still find it in their
hearts to hang around physics and relativity discussion groups, despite not
making any sense of it at all, and they feel compelled to catcall and jeer
and say it’s all truly rubbish. As though it were true that unless it’s
fascinating to the billions, then it’s not fascinating at all.

Re: Is Richard Hertz the most odious crank on this forum?

<6176DAFC.7003@ix.netcom.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=70432&group=sci.physics.relativity#70432

From: starma...@ix.netcom.com (The Starmaker)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:27:40 -0700
 by: The Starmaker - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:27 UTC

Odd Bodkin wrote:

> The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

> > Billions of people on earth would consider this statment to be ...drivel:
> >
> > "Infinite amount of time as far as visual observation (i.e., causal link) is concerned.
> > Although the star would radiate FAPP nothing after a finite amount of time due
> > to quantisation of energy and our detection devices limitations."
> >

> > unintelligible to billions of humans on earth...
> >
> > rubbish.
>
> Maybe they would say that.
>
> This of course is why nearly all of those billions stay away from
> discussion groups about physics or relativity.

"stay away"???? Maybe you are losing 'touch' with the real world Bod Odd...

How many free usenet news servers are there left that one can post to sci.physics.relativity ? One? Two?

Can you name more than two free Usenet news servers that you can post to sci.physics.relativity??

billions are not staying away...they are driven away.

The Bod Odd is losing his...audience.

i'm just a chemical substance on the surface of the earth seaching for food.