If it has syntax, it isn't user friendly.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveres

SubjectAuthor
* The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesispatdolan
+* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisAthel Cornish-Bowden
|+* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMaciej Wozniak
||`* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisPython
|| `- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMaciej Wozniak
|`* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisPaul Alsing
| `* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesispatdolan
|  `- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisOdd Bodkin
+* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisTom Roberts
> [...]
|||   | `- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisOdd Bodkin
|||   +* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMichael Moroney
|||   |`* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesispatdolan
|||   | +* Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveresDono.
|||   | |`* Re: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseverespatdolan
|||   | | +- Re: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveresDono.
|||   | | `- Re: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveresJ. J. Lodder
|||   | `- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMichael Moroney
|||   `- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisOdd Bodkin
||+* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisOdd Bodkin
|||`- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMaciej Wozniak
||`* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisTom Roberts
|| +* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesispatdolan
|| |`* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMichael Moroney
|| | `- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMaciej Wozniak
|| `- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisMaciej Wozniak
|`- Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisKen Seto
+- Dumbestfuck Dolan HypothesisDono.
`* Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock HypothesisJ. J. Lodder

Pages:123456
Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t31gng$1edg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87482&group=sci.physics.relativity#87482

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:16:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:16 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 5:55:32 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> A distrust of the prevailing science is the sine qua non of all true scientific advance.
>> This is a bit silly if you think about it. If everything in science were
>> doubted then science would have zero cumulative gain. Every step forward
>> would be dismissed. Scientific knowledge gains over the centuries. How
>> would you explain that progress if everything were untrusted?
>>> It was distrust of the guru Aristotle that impelled Galileo to schlep two
>>> cannon balls to the top of the tower of Pisa. It was distrust of guru
>>> Aristotle that compelled Pasteur to plug the neck of a broth pot with cotton.
>> This is something different. Aristotle did not think by the scientific
>> method. What Galileo and Pasteur and others brought to the table was
>> consulting nature through experiment, where Aristotle and other Hellenists
>> analyzed by the mind alone. In consulting nature, the premise is that
>> nature is going to behave the same if we experiment today or experiment a
>> century from now. This is why the cumulative body of experimental evidence
>> is so important in science, not just what you happen to look at today.
>
> Preposterous! What we have here, Ladies & Gents, Trans's & Fluids, is a
> real example of a troglodyte pre-Kuhnzian science enthusiast in Bodkin.
>
> Bodkin, if I go back to a chapter-by-chapter work-through of Spacetime
> Physics with you, will you agree to a chapter-by-chapter work-through of
> Structures with me?

Absolutely.

>>> And it was distrust of Einstein that drove William Wallace Campbell to
>>> the banks of the Colombia River to be the first to disprove that
>>> starlight could be bent by an eclipsed sun.
>>>
>>> [ I fear I was too hard on Roberts. I thank him for his observation
>>> concerning faraday cages. [ Is Dono ill? He is usually baying like a coyote by now.] ]

>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

--
Odd Bodkin — Maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Dumbestfuck Dolan Hypothesis

<81da63f1-0dfb-4abf-956b-0258cfc2aad8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87483&group=sci.physics.relativity#87483

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 08:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Dumbestfuck Dolan Hypothesis
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:54 UTC

On Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 8:36:45 AM UTC-7, patdolan wrote:
> The Dolan Imbecility is easily tested by operating an atomic clock at various distance from an Van de moo...oops...Van de Graaf generator.

Dumbestfuk,

GR correctly models situations where an electric charge is present: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reissner%E2%80%93Nordstr%C3%B6m_metric

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t31j3u$mts$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87484&group=sci.physics.relativity#87484

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 11:56:59 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:56 UTC

On 4/11/2022 3:56 AM, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 4/11/2022 2:20 AM, patdolan wrote:

>>> Looks like you don't understand the difference between gravitational
>>> field strength and gravitational potential. The field strength near
>>> earth's surface is nearly that of an infinite plane, but time dilation
>>> is due to the differences in gravitational _potential_. Think of the
>>> gravitational potential like the potential energy (due to gravity) of a
>>> brick at the top of the ladder and at the bottom of the ladder. Think
>>> of what happens if the brick at the top of the ladder is released and
>>> allowed to fall. Does the result depend on the field strength being the
>>> same at the top and bottom of the ladder?
>>>
>>> How can you claim there can be no gravitational time dilation if you
>>> don't even know the first thing about it?
>> Your argument is not without merit, Moroney.  But your argument also
>> applies to electrical potential.  And electric potential is no
>> respecter of Faraday cages.  So do I win this one against you and
>> Roberts?
>
> Of course not. Nobody has claimed gravitational potential causes time
> dilation.

Should be: "Nobody has claimed electrostatic potential causes time
dilation" of course.

Also electric potential DOES respect Faraday cages. In fact that's how
van de Graaf generators work. The charged top electrode, which is a
Faraday cage, is charged from the INSIDE of the cage.

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<aff23865-6545-4110-a4cc-b0d14e4a3750n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87485&group=sci.physics.relativity#87485

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 09:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 16:14 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 8:56:51 AM UTC-7, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 4/11/2022 3:56 AM, Michael Moroney wrote:

> >> Your argument is not without merit, Moroney. But your argument also
> >> applies to electrical potential. And electric potential is no
> >> respecter of Faraday cages. So do I win this one against you and
> >> Roberts?
> >
> > Of course not. Nobody has claimed gravitational potential causes time
> > dilation.
> Should be: "Nobody has claimed electrostatic potential causes time
> dilation" of course.
>
> Also electric potential DOES respect Faraday cages. In fact that's how
> van de Graaf generators work. The charged top electrode, which is a
> Faraday cage, is charged from the INSIDE of the cage.

It is possible to correctly model the effects of the presence of an electric charge by replacing the Schwarzschild solution with the Reissner-Nordstrom one. So, Pattycakes gets to eat shit. Once again.

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<q9SdnSzAuPqJ-sn_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87490&group=sci.physics.relativity#87490

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:36:19 -0500
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
From: tjrobert...@sbcglobal.net (Tom Roberts)
 by: Tom Roberts - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 17:36 UTC

On 4/11/22 6:01 AM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> What kind of clocks were on these probes? Were they built to be
> sensitive to gravitational time dilation?

No clock is "sensitive to gravitational time dilation", or any other
type of "time dilation". But SIGNALS from clocks are subject to the way
the time interval between them is measured, which is the source of all
types of "time dilation" -- that is inescapable.

[To measure the time interval between two signals, a clock
must project the interval between the signals onto itself.
That depends on the (null) trajectories of the signals,
the trajectory of the clock, and the spacetime metric at
the location of the measurement.]

Tom Roberts

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<-Mudne8u9ee_9Mn_nZ2dnUU7_8zNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87491&group=sci.physics.relativity#87491

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:45:05 -0500
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
From: tjrobert...@sbcglobal.net (Tom Roberts)
 by: Tom Roberts - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 17:45 UTC

On 4/11/22 1:20 AM, patdolan wrote:
> electric potential is no respecter of Faraday cages.

This is not true. In terms of an external electric potential, everything
inside a Faraday cage is at the same potential. That is, the presence of
the cage distorts the external potential to make this happen; it does so
independent of what is inside.

Ask yourself: given the earth's electrostatic potential of several
hundred Volts/meter, why is it that when I hold the probes of a
voltmeter a meter apart vertically, it still measures zero?

Tom Roberts

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<bf3580b7-eedf-4f0d-a6f8-e2993057acden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87492&group=sci.physics.relativity#87492

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 10:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 17:51 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 2:36:28 PM UTC-3, tjrob137 wrote:

<snip>

> No clock is "sensitive to gravitational time dilation", or any other
> type of "time dilation". But SIGNALS from clocks are subject to the way
> the time interval between them is measured, which is the source of all
> types of "time dilation" -- that is inescapable.
>
> [To measure the time interval between two signals, a clock
> must project the interval between the signals onto itself.
> That depends on the (null) trajectories of the signals,
> the trajectory of the clock, and the spacetime metric at
> the location of the measurement.]

But this is plain heresy, coming from a pure breed relativist.

Then, it comes to be that t' = t for every clock, yet Δt' ≠ Δt when signals are exchanged!

This means that "proper time" doesn't exist by itself, and that only manifestates indirectly when any two given clocks
exchange data with electromagnetic signaling?

Or did you think about signaling by using gravitational wave carriers?

Could you clarify this?

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t31sf6$1b1s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87494&group=sci.physics.relativity#87494

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:36:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:36 UTC

Tom Roberts <tjroberts137@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 4/11/22 6:01 AM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
>> What kind of clocks were on these probes? Were they built to be
>> sensitive to gravitational time dilation?
>
> No clock is "sensitive to gravitational time dilation", or any other
> type of "time dilation". But SIGNALS from clocks are subject to the way
> the time interval between them is measured, which is the source of all
> types of "time dilation" -- that is inescapable.

Well yes. So said differently, were the clock timing signals of sufficient
precision on Voyager1/2 to allow for the detection of time dilation?

> [To measure the time interval between two signals, a clock
> must project the interval between the signals onto itself.
> That depends on the (null) trajectories of the signals,
> the trajectory of the clock, and the spacetime metric at
> the location of the measurement.]
>
> Tom Roberts

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<3348600e-3825-4882-bac0-94ea4eff1599n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87495&group=sci.physics.relativity#87495

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 11:36:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:36 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 10:45:14 AM UTC-7, tjrob137 wrote:
> On 4/11/22 1:20 AM, patdolan wrote:
> > electric potential is no respecter of Faraday cages.
> This is not true. In terms of an external electric potential, everything
> inside a Faraday cage is at the same potential. That is, the presence of
> the cage distorts the external potential to make this happen; it does so
> independent of what is inside.
>
> Ask yourself: given the earth's electrostatic potential of several
> hundred Volts/meter, why is it that when I hold the probes of a
> voltmeter a meter apart vertically, it still measures zero?
>
> Tom Roberts
I have asked myself this, Tom Roberts. I have also placed voltmeter probes at shoe level and above my head to prove it's not true. I was skeptical of this claim two seconds after I first read it in Feynman.

I have also asked myself--given the 69% rate of reporting non-reproducible experimental results by physicists--has anyone other than the initial investigators actually observed any atomic clock slow by 38 usec/day? Other than the un-reproduced light atomic clock results in the last couple of years, this claim appears to have been tested only once, back in 1978. But it was not important enough to get incorporated into modern GPS algorithms as all GPS birds are actively steered back to 1 usec/day from running either too fast or too slow.

The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science folklore. Like Eddington's 1.75 arcseconds. Both remain un-reproduced values despite numerous attempts to do so. So where are the claims & cries of falsification? This is all explained in Structures.

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<4dbe5470-176e-4675-8d2e-9b0ee2b2713an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87496&group=sci.physics.relativity#87496

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 11:56:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: hertz...@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:56 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 3:36:36 PM UTC-3, patdolan wrote:

<snip>

> I have also asked myself--given the 69% rate of reporting non-reproducible experimental results by physicists--has anyone other than the initial investigators actually observed any atomic clock slow by 38 usec/day? Other than the un-reproduced light atomic clock results in the last couple of years, this claim appears to have been tested only once, back in 1978. But it was not important enough to get incorporated into modern GPS algorithms as all GPS birds are actively steered back to 1 usec/day from running either too fast or too slow.
>
> The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science folklore.. Like Eddington's 1.75 arcseconds. Both remain un-reproduced values despite numerous attempts to do so. So where are the claims & cries of falsification? This is all explained in Structures.

CALCULATED 38.5 usec/day, not measured.

And this calculation based on the stupid Hilbert-Schwarzschild metric that was published in 1917, 105 years ago.

Such metric contemplate an universe VOID OF MATTER AND ENERGY, except for a single point-like, non-charged, non-rotating
mass that represented the Sun. Even Mercury (its first application) was a TEST PARTICLE with no mass.

But PROPAGANDA says, at every written book on GR, that such metric is the real deal and that explain everything because it has
embedded special relativity formulations.

Then you have people like Dono, who promptly wrote that Reissner-Nordstrom metric is better, because it includes an electric
charge on such point-like, non rotating mass.

Weird that Dono didn't claim that Kerr–Newman metric is better, because it adds to Hilbert-Schwarzschild point-like mass
charge and rotation.

And this is all that GR has to offer: 4 solutions of the 200+ non-linear equations that comprises GR set for vacuum.

Going beyond such simplistic solutions is impossible with current mathematics.

But you HAVE TO BELIEVE everything the useless eaters tell to you, because they are SCIENTISTS and you are not.

PROPAGANDA.

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t31tmb$1sf3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87497&group=sci.physics.relativity#87497

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:57:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:57 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 10:45:14 AM UTC-7, tjrob137 wrote:
>> On 4/11/22 1:20 AM, patdolan wrote:
>>> electric potential is no respecter of Faraday cages.
>> This is not true. In terms of an external electric potential, everything
>> inside a Faraday cage is at the same potential. That is, the presence of
>> the cage distorts the external potential to make this happen; it does so
>> independent of what is inside.
>>
>> Ask yourself: given the earth's electrostatic potential of several
>> hundred Volts/meter, why is it that when I hold the probes of a
>> voltmeter a meter apart vertically, it still measures zero?
>>
>> Tom Roberts
> I have asked myself this, Tom Roberts. I have also placed voltmeter
> probes at shoe level and above my head to prove it's not true. I was
> skeptical of this claim two seconds after I first read it in Feynman.
>
> I have also asked myself--given the 69% rate of reporting
> non-reproducible experimental results by physicists--has anyone other
> than the initial investigators actually observed any atomic clock slow by
> 38 usec/day? Other than the un-reproduced light atomic clock results in
> the last couple of years, this claim appears to have been tested only
> once, back in 1978. But it was not important enough to get incorporated
> into modern GPS algorithms as all GPS birds are actively steered back to
> 1 usec/day from running either too fast or too slow.
>
> The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science
> folklore. Like Eddington's 1.75 arcseconds. Both remain un-reproduced
> values despite numerous attempts to do so. So where are the claims &
> cries of falsification? This is all explained in Structures.

Where are all the doubts about conservation of linear momentum? Of the
second law of thermodynamics? Where are your doubts about the Dirac
equation?

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t31tsm$1v9c$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87498&group=sci.physics.relativity#87498

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:00:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:00 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:

> But you HAVE TO BELIEVE everything the useless eaters tell to you,
> because they are SCIENTISTS and you are not.

Heck no. Go read up on the physics yourself. If you feel the need to do
personal experiments to validate, by all means do that.

But what good does it do to stand off to one side and holler, “I don’t
believe you”?

Cretins Richard Hertz and Pat Dolan are dining together. Eating shit.

<06ad33fd-8a02-44bf-bf46-f9d5150ae6c6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87499&group=sci.physics.relativity#87499

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:01:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cretins Richard Hertz and Pat Dolan are dining together. Eating shit.
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:01 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 11:56:31 AM UTC-7, dumbestfuck Richard Hertz took a big swallow of shit:

> Weird that Dono didn't claim that Kerr–Newman metric is better,

Dumbestfuck,

It is the Reissner-Nordstrom solution that accounts for electric potential. How is your dinner with Pattycakes?

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<4ba67b07-c6ef-44e7-aaf3-9d690c418e2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87501&group=sci.physics.relativity#87501

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:11:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:11 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 11:57:18 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> This is not true. In terms of an external electric potential, everything
> >> inside a Faraday cage is at the same potential. That is, the presence of
> >> the cage distorts the external potential to make this happen; it does so
> >> independent of what is inside.
> >>
> >> Ask yourself: given the earth's electrostatic potential of several
> >> hundred Volts/meter, why is it that when I hold the probes of a
> >> voltmeter a meter apart vertically, it still measures zero?
> >>
> >> Tom Roberts
> > I have asked myself this, Tom Roberts. I have also placed voltmeter
> > probes at shoe level and above my head to prove it's not true. I was
> > skeptical of this claim two seconds after I first read it in Feynman.
> >
> > I have also asked myself--given the 69% rate of reporting
> > non-reproducible experimental results by physicists--has anyone other
> > than the initial investigators actually observed any atomic clock slow by
> > 38 usec/day? Other than the un-reproduced light atomic clock results in
> > the last couple of years, this claim appears to have been tested only
> > once, back in 1978. But it was not important enough to get incorporated
> > into modern GPS algorithms as all GPS birds are actively steered back to
> > 1 usec/day from running either too fast or too slow.
> >
> > The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science
> > folklore. Like Eddington's 1.75 arcseconds. Both remain un-reproduced
> > values despite numerous attempts to do so. So where are the claims &
> > cries of falsification? This is all explained in Structures.
> >
> Where are all the doubts about conservation of linear momentum? Of the
> second law of thermodynamics? Where are your doubts about the Dirac
> equation?
> --
> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
No doubts in the first two cases. They are reproduced 10,000 times a week in physics and chem 101 labs. About Dirac I do not feign hypotheses.

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t31uno$c8f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87502&group=sci.physics.relativity#87502

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 15:15:16 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:15 UTC

On 4/11/2022 2:36 PM, patdolan wrote:

> The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science folklore.

How can it be "folklore" when it has been measured? And it is
compensated for every time the nice lady on the GPS app tells you to
turn left in 200 meters?

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<1pq9mei.k8g6kgudlgx3N%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87503&group=sci.physics.relativity#87503

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 21:24:15 +0200
 by: J. J. Lodder - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:24 UTC

Odd Bodkin <bodkinodd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Roberts <tjroberts137@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > On 4/11/22 6:01 AM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> >> What kind of clocks were on these probes? Were they built to be
> >> sensitive to gravitational time dilation?
> >
> > No clock is "sensitive to gravitational time dilation", or any other
> > type of "time dilation". But SIGNALS from clocks are subject to the way
> > the time interval between them is measured, which is the source of all
> > types of "time dilation" -- that is inescapable.
>
> Well yes. So said differently, were the clock timing signals of sufficient
> precision on Voyager1/2 to allow for the detection of time dilation?

No. They carry quartz clocks.
A next generation of spacecraft might carry atomic clocks,
for yet an order of magnitude increase in solar system accuracy,

Jan

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<cdf2773a-a664-4c56-a88a-c6cb5331457dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87504&group=sci.physics.relativity#87504

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozn...@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:27 UTC

On Monday, 11 April 2022 at 20:36:26 UTC+2, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
> Tom Roberts <tjrobe...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > On 4/11/22 6:01 AM, Odd Bodkin wrote:
> >> What kind of clocks were on these probes? Were they built to be
> >> sensitive to gravitational time dilation?
> >
> > No clock is "sensitive to gravitational time dilation", or any other
> > type of "time dilation". But SIGNALS from clocks are subject to the way
> > the time interval between them is measured, which is the source of all
> > types of "time dilation" -- that is inescapable.
> Well yes. So said differently, were the clock timing signals of sufficient
> precision on Voyager1/2 to allow for the detection of time dilation?

SOrry, poor idiot, but - anyone can check GPS: clocks
"detecting" your time dilation idiocy don't have sufficient
precision and have to be corrected.

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<b5e34c5a-9e26-4fe4-bc3c-dc6aa2c5b8d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87505&group=sci.physics.relativity#87505

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:30 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 12:15:07 PM UTC-7, Michael Moroney wrote:
> On 4/11/2022 2:36 PM, patdolan wrote:
>
> > The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science folklore.
> How can it be "folklore" when it has been measured? And it is
> compensated for every time the nice lady on the GPS app tells you to
> turn left in 200 meters?
Measured by non-skeptical Einstein enthusiasts such as yourself. But never reproduced. This from one of your own links:

"At present one cannot easily perform tests of relativity with the system because the SV clocks are actively steered to be within 1 microsecond of Universal Coordinated Time (USNO)."

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<ef5ba3f4-e827-4572-bd73-a90d66af982dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87510&group=sci.physics.relativity#87510

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:35:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:35 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 11:56:31 AM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 3:36:36 PM UTC-3, patdolan wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > I have also asked myself--given the 69% rate of reporting non-reproducible experimental results by physicists--has anyone other than the initial investigators actually observed any atomic clock slow by 38 usec/day? Other than the un-reproduced light atomic clock results in the last couple of years, this claim appears to have been tested only once, back in 1978. But it was not important enough to get incorporated into modern GPS algorithms as all GPS birds are actively steered back to 1 usec/day from running either too fast or too slow.
> >
> > The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science folklore. Like Eddington's 1.75 arcseconds. Both remain un-reproduced values despite numerous attempts to do so. So where are the claims & cries of falsification? This is all explained in Structures.
> CALCULATED 38.5 usec/day, not measured.
>
> And this calculation based on the stupid Hilbert-Schwarzschild metric that was published in 1917, 105 years ago.
>
> Such metric contemplate an universe VOID OF MATTER AND ENERGY, except for a single point-like, non-charged, non-rotating
> mass that represented the Sun. Even Mercury (its first application) was a TEST PARTICLE with no mass.
>
> But PROPAGANDA says, at every written book on GR, that such metric is the real deal and that explain everything because it has
> embedded special relativity formulations.
>
> Then you have people like Dono, who promptly wrote that Reissner-Nordstrom metric is better, because it includes an electric
> charge on such point-like, non rotating mass.
>
> Weird that Dono didn't claim that Kerr–Newman metric is better, because it adds to Hilbert-Schwarzschild point-like mass
> charge and rotation.

Incredible!!!
> And this is all that GR has to offer: 4 solutions of the 200+ non-linear equations that comprises GR set for vacuum.

All that and GR still can't spit out 9.81 Newtons for a 1 kilogram weight sitting on a tabletop!
> Going beyond such simplistic solutions is impossible with current mathematics.
>
> But you HAVE TO BELIEVE everything the useless eaters tell to you, because they are SCIENTISTS and you are not.
>
> PROPAGANDA.

Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveres

<e92bc2c4-a69a-4d28-926a-e54ce4ffce84n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87512&group=sci.physics.relativity#87512

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:38:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveres
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:38 UTC

> "At present one cannot easily perform tests of relativity with the system because the SV clocks are actively steered to be within 1 microsecond of Universal Coordinated Time (USNO)."

Cretionoid

The steering happens AFTER the 38 us GR compliant CORRECTION.
This means that the basic GPS correct functionality IS the test. Every second of your miserable existence.

Re: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveres

<46470a1b-d1ab-4c59-9d52-44ff087be5e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87514&group=sci.physics.relativity#87514

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:43:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveres
From: patdo...@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:43 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 12:38:47 PM UTC-7, Dono. wrote:
> > "At present one cannot easily perform tests of relativity with the system because the SV clocks are actively steered to be within 1 microsecond of Universal Coordinated Time (USNO)."
> Cretionoid
>
> The steering happens AFTER the 38 us GR compliant CORRECTION.
> This means that the basic GPS correct functionality IS the test. Every second of your miserable existence.

There must be a thousand variable that throw the atomic clocks off far more than a piddling 38 usec/day. Flying out of the Earth's shadow into the brilliant sunshine for one. You have to automatically recalibrate a GPS atomic clock for the same reasons your car's onboard computer re-tunes your engine and adjusts the fuel injectors and sparking.

Re: Cretinoid Pat Dolan perseveres

<dc796cba-3a47-4efe-8e0f-f7255163a4ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87515&group=sci.physics.relativity#87515

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 12:46:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: eggy2001...@gmail.com (Dono.)
 by: Dono. - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:46 UTC

On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 12:43:25 PM UTC-7, cretinoid pat dolan ate some more shit:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 12:38:47 PM UTC-7, Dono. wrote:
> > > "At present one cannot easily perform tests of relativity with the system because the SV clocks are actively steered to be within 1 microsecond of Universal Coordinated Time (USNO)."
> > Cretionoid
> >
> > The steering happens AFTER the 38 us GR compliant CORRECTION.
> > This means that the basic GPS correct functionality IS the test. Every second of your miserable existence.
> There must be a thousand variable that throw the atomic clocks off far more than a piddling 38 usec/day.

There isn't. So, keep eating shit.

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t321k5$1jsq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87516&group=sci.physics.relativity#87516

From: moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 16:04:34 -0400
 by: Michael Moroney - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 20:04 UTC

On 4/11/2022 3:30 PM, patdolan wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 12:15:07 PM UTC-7, Michael Moroney wrote:
>> On 4/11/2022 2:36 PM, patdolan wrote:
>>
>>> The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science folklore.
>> How can it be "folklore" when it has been measured? And it is
>> compensated for every time the nice lady on the GPS app tells you to
>> turn left in 200 meters?
> Measured by non-skeptical Einstein enthusiasts such as yourself. But never reproduced. This from one of your own links:
>
> "At present one cannot easily perform tests of relativity with the system because the SV clocks are actively steered to be within 1 microsecond of Universal Coordinated Time (USNO)."

That's the best you can do, quotemine something that does not even apply
to the initial prototype experiment? Even if it did, they are
adjustments in the 10s of nanoseconds range while GR time dilation is
38,000 nanoseconds each and every day?

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t324u3$109e$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87523&group=sci.physics.relativity#87523

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 21:00:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 21:00 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:

> The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science
> folklore. Like Eddington's 1.75 arcseconds. Both remain un-reproduced
> values despite numerous attempts to do so. So where are the claims &
> cries of falsification? This is all explained in Structures.

How quickly you forget that told you you yesterday.

--
Odd Bodkin — Maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Re: The Dolan Atomic Clock Hypothesis

<t3272i$1qp1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=87527&group=sci.physics.relativity#87527

From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 21:37:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Odd Bodkin - Mon, 11 Apr 2022 21:37 UTC

patdolan <patdolan@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 11:57:18 AM UTC-7, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> patdolan <patd...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> I have asked myself this, Tom Roberts. I have also placed voltmeter
>>> probes at shoe level and above my head to prove it's not true. I was
>>> skeptical of this claim two seconds after I first read it in Feynman.
>>>
>>> I have also asked myself--given the 69% rate of reporting
>>> non-reproducible experimental results by physicists--has anyone other
>>> than the initial investigators actually observed any atomic clock slow by
>>> 38 usec/day? Other than the un-reproduced light atomic clock results in
>>> the last couple of years, this claim appears to have been tested only
>>> once, back in 1978. But it was not important enough to get incorporated
>>> into modern GPS algorithms as all GPS birds are actively steered back to
>>> 1 usec/day from running either too fast or too slow.
>>>
>>> The famous 38 usec/day claim is now exposed as just more science
>>> folklore. Like Eddington's 1.75 arcseconds. Both remain un-reproduced
>>> values despite numerous attempts to do so. So where are the claims &
>>> cries of falsification? This is all explained in Structures.
>>>
>> Where are all the doubts about conservation of linear momentum? Of the
>> second law of thermodynamics? Where are your doubts about the Dirac
>> equation?
>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
> No doubts in the first two cases. They are reproduced 10,000 times a
> week in physics and chem 101 labs.

And so you believe it if and only if it’s a freshman observation? Why?