Whom the gods would destroy, they first teach BASIC.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

SubjectAuthor
* Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
`* Re: Removal of the FD BracketAMuzi
 `* Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  +* Re: Removal of the FD BracketLou Holtman
  |+- Re: Removal of the FD BracketJohn B.
  |`* Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  | +- Re: Removal of the FD BracketFrank Krygowski
  | +* Re: Removal of the FD BracketLou Holtman
  | |`* Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  | | +* Re: Removal of the FD BracketLou Holtman
  | | |`* Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  | | | +* Re: Removal of the FD BracketAMuzi
  | | | `* Re: Removal of the FD BracketLou Holtman
  | | |  +* Re: Removal of the FD BracketAMuzi
  | | |  |`* Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  | | |  | `* Re: Removal of the FD BracketAMuzi
  | | |  |  +- Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  | | |  |  `- Re: Removal of the FD BracketJohn B.
  | | |  `- Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  | | `- Re: Removal of the FD BracketJohn B.
  | +- Re: Removal of the FD BracketJeff Liebermann
  | `* Re: Removal of the FD BracketAMuzi
  |  +* Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  |  |`* Re: Removal of the FD BracketAMuzi
  |  | `- Re: Removal of the FD BracketTom Kunich
  |  `- Re: Removal of the FD BracketFrank Krygowski
  `* Re: Removal of the FD BracketJeff Liebermann
   `* Re: Removal of the FD BracketJohn B.
    `- Re: Removal of the FD Bracketfunkma...@hotmail.com

Pages:12
Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

<f1567184-4f3f-41fe-9ec4-811c4ba9da20n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92870&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92870

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:34:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Removal of the FD Bracket
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 19:34 UTC

On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 9:38:53 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 10/1/2023 11:24 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:

> >> https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bop/d/san-francisco-ridley-isp-helium-high/7662857551.html
> >>
> >> Look at the attachment of THAT front derailleur. Are you calling that Helium frame wrecked? No wonder the world was designed and built by America.. While we were building the Golden Gare Bridge you were building windmills to pump water off of your farms.
> >

> > Oh, you didn't pay attention in history class then.
> >
> > Lou
> +1
>
> https://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/04/the-netherlands-impressive-storm-surge.html
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/figure/An-overview-of-the-Dutch-Wadden-Sea-White-lines-indicate-the-partitioning-of-the_fig1_333164649
>
> https://www.aerostockphoto.com/media/9b61b7d2-d301-46a2-98bf-743678279286-the-oosterschelde-storm-surge-barrier-eastern-scheldt-dam-and
>
> https://www.pinterest.com/pin/481744491366252781/
>
> p.s. prior history:
> https://www.rijkswaterstaat.nl/en/water/water-safety/the-flood-of-1953
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> a...@yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

The lessons of history destroying land and killing people led to some substantial engineering projects in the LATE 20th Century.

Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

<8ca42809-94ae-429b-9107-980cfec77350n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92871&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92871

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)

On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 9:24:30 AM UTC-7, Lou Holtman wrote:
> On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 5:12:57 PM UTC+2, Tom Kunich wrote:

> > > You wrote nothing. You wrecked your frame because of your stupidity. Luckily it is only a 200 dollar frame...
> > >
> > > Lou
> > https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bop/d/san-francisco-ridley-isp-helium-high/7662857551.html
> >
> > Look at the attachment of THAT front derailleur. Are you calling that Helium frame wrecked? No wonder the world was designed and built by America. While we were building the Golden Gare Bridge you were building windmills to pump water off of your farms.
> Oh, you didn't pay attention in history class then.
>
> Lou

I'm pulling your leg Lou. But at least I have the guts to say when I make a mistake. Do you?

Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

<ufcj4b$2fqlo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92873&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92873

From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 15:00:09 -0500
<ufc7ap$1l4pk$1@dont-email.me>
<f1567184-4f3f-41fe-9ec4-811c4ba9da20n@googlegroups.com>
 by: AMuzi - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 20:00 UTC

On 10/1/2023 2:34 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 9:38:53 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

>>> Oh, you didn't pay attention in history class then.
>>>
>>> Lou
>> +1
>>
>> https://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/04/the-netherlands-impressive-storm-surge.html
>>
>> https://www.researchgate.net/figure/An-overview-of-the-Dutch-Wadden-Sea-White-lines-indicate-the-partitioning-of-the_fig1_333164649
>>
>> https://www.aerostockphoto.com/media/9b61b7d2-d301-46a2-98bf-743678279286-the-oosterschelde-storm-surge-barrier-eastern-scheldt-dam-and
>>
>> https://www.pinterest.com/pin/481744491366252781/
>>
>> p.s. prior history:
>> https://www.rijkswaterstaat.nl/en/water/water-safety/the-flood-of-1953
>> --
>> Andrew Muzi
>> a...@yellowjersey.org
>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
> The lessons of history destroying land and killing people led to some substantial engineering projects in the LATE 20th Century.

What the hell does that mean? Nederlands _makes_ land!
And kill who exactly?
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

<a24b2c84-3b45-44df-9e0b-88c0f07dc961n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92881&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92881

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 20:59 UTC

On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00:19 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 10/1/2023 2:34 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

> >> +1
> >>
> >> https://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/04/the-netherlands-impressive-storm-surge.html
> >>
> >> https://www.researchgate.net/figure/An-overview-of-the-Dutch-Wadden-Sea-White-lines-indicate-the-partitioning-of-the_fig1_333164649
> >>
> >> https://www.aerostockphoto.com/media/9b61b7d2-d301-46a2-98bf-743678279286-the-oosterschelde-storm-surge-barrier-eastern-scheldt-dam-and
> >>
> >> https://www.pinterest.com/pin/481744491366252781/
> >>
> >> p.s. prior history:
> >> https://www.rijkswaterstaat.nl/en/water/water-safety/the-flood-of-1953
> >> --
> >> Andrew Muzi
> >> a...@yellowjersey.org
> >> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
> >
> > The lessons of history destroying land and killing people led to some substantial engineering projects in the LATE 20th Century.
> What the hell does that mean? Nederlands _makes_ land!
> And kill who exactly?
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> a...@yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Andrew - the FLOODS in Holland of the 1950's killed thousands of Dutch and brought about the large flood reduction projects that weren't finished until the 21st Century.

Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

<epujhit6vcr09e10fig2q32pljtp3s6p18@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92904&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92904

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 06:06:40 +0700
References: <uf2gll$3bjtc$2@dont-email.me> <372b3819-b44b-4868-b561-7c9eb5ee7a64n@googlegroups.com> <bf0ebb8e-0706-49fc-8bda-6f3f18c319d2n@googlegroups.com> <c7ee2309-9a1f-4a2c-876d-e10248642408n@googlegroups.com> <358daf4b-3783-4568-9eb1-9994c28fa181n@googlegroups.com> <65d1fac2-b4a5-42af-9e1f-ae86a615a748n@googlegroups.com> <5f10ad48-7a16-41f7-ba31-1df81a69538bn@googlegroups.com> <480ac794-bf5e-4053-b555-9ae70e71b56cn@googlegroups.com> <ufc2dc$1k353$1@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 23:06 UTC

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 10:14:50 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 10/1/2023 10:12 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

>>> You wrote nothing. You wrecked your frame because of your stupidity. Luckily it is only a 200 dollar frame...
>>>
>>> Lou
>>
>> https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bop/d/san-francisco-ridley-isp-helium-high/7662857551.html
>>
>> Look at the attachment of THAT front derailleur. Are you calling that Helium frame wrecked? No wonder the world was designed and built by America. While we were building the Golden Gare Bridge you were building windmills to pump water off of your farms.
>

>Uh, Nederlands agriculture produces more per acre than US.
>By quite a bit. You don't want to tell them about
>agriculture - they will tell you!

And, as for bridges, The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge is officially
the longest bridge in the world. It stretches out for no less than
102.4 miles (164.8 kilometres) (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

<nl4khidq55mblskcg1l18patib79015t09@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92908&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92908

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 07:49:23 +0700
 by: John B. - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 00:49 UTC

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 07:35:11 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 3:44:52?PM UTC-7, Lou Holtman wrote:

>> > The problem I had with the front derailleur braze on was that when I tightened it up it went completely out of alignment. So when I tried to fit a Shimano braze-on converter the converter would NOT fit on. I cut the braze-on fitting off and I should not have done that. There is a SCREW that is placed on the derailleur that is used to brace the front derailleur against braze-on plate and it was screwed all of the way in instead all of the way out. This is what caused the twisting motion and the misalignment. It never occurred to me to look on the back side of the Dura Ace front derailleur to see if it was assembled correctly. It looked to me as if the derailleur was turning as I tightened it into the fixed grove of the braze-on.
>> Unbelievable...... RTFM
>>
>> Lou
>
>As we all know the very first thing you do when you're about to design something is RTFM. That has been your entire life. Too bad that I probably wrote the manual.

If you "wrote the manual" it must have been a pretty poor manual as
you couldn't install a bottom bracket and had to have help from a
lawyer, you couldn't install a seat post, you couldn't install handle
bars, you didn't understand how a front derailer worked, and
undoubtedly a multitude of other things.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Removal of the FD Bracket

<f25khipikidpu32qqp4810nkumo1077mao@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=92909&group=rec.bicycles.tech#92909

From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 07:53:49 +0700
References: <c7ee2309-9a1f-4a2c-876d-e10248642408n@googlegroups.com> <358daf4b-3783-4568-9eb1-9994c28fa181n@googlegroups.com> <65d1fac2-b4a5-42af-9e1f-ae86a615a748n@googlegroups.com> <5f10ad48-7a16-41f7-ba31-1df81a69538bn@googlegroups.com> <480ac794-bf5e-4053-b555-9ae70e71b56cn@googlegroups.com> <c48b846b-e09b-432e-8591-b0f3278896aen@googlegroups.com> <ufc7ap$1l4pk$1@dont-email.me> <f1567184-4f3f-41fe-9ec4-811c4ba9da20n@googlegroups.com> <ufcj4b$2fqlo$1@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 00:53 UTC

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 15:00:09 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 10/1/2023 2:34 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> https://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/04/the-netherlands-impressive-storm-surge.html
>>>
>>> https://www.researchgate.net/figure/An-overview-of-the-Dutch-Wadden-Sea-White-lines-indicate-the-partitioning-of-the_fig1_333164649
>>>
>>> https://www.aerostockphoto.com/media/9b61b7d2-d301-46a2-98bf-743678279286-the-oosterschelde-storm-surge-barrier-eastern-scheldt-dam-and
>>>
>>> https://www.pinterest.com/pin/481744491366252781/
>>>
>>> p.s. prior history:
>>> https://www.rijkswaterstaat.nl/en/water/water-safety/the-flood-of-1953
>>> --
>>> Andrew Muzi
>>> a...@yellowjersey.org
>>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>>
>> The lessons of history destroying land and killing people led to some substantial engineering projects in the LATE 20th Century.
>
>What the hell does that mean? Nederlands _makes_ land!
>And kill who exactly?

Come now, you are talking to Tommy. Didn't you know that the earth is
flat and the moon is blue cheese?
--
Cheers,

John B.