A rolling disk gathers no MOS.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentientJan Panteltje
+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sPhil Allison
|+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sJan Panteltje
||`- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sMartin Brown
|+- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sbitrex
|`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sRicky
| `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sPhil Allison
+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJohn Doe
|+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJan Panteltje
||`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
|| `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentnone
||  `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJan Panteltje
||   `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
||    `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sJan Panteltje
|`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sbitrex
| +- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
| +- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJohn Doe
| +* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'scorvid
| |`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJohn Doe
| | +- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentEdward Hernandez
| | `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'scorvid
| |  `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJohn Doe
| |   `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentEdward Hernandez
| `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentnone
|  `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJohn Doe
+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sMartin Brown
|+- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'scorvid
|`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sbitrex
| `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sbitrex
+* OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentientJohn Doe
|+- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
|+- OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentientEdward Hernandez
|`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentJohn Doe
| `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentEdward Hernandez
+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentjlarkin
|+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sRichD
||`- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentClifford Heath
|`- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
+- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sWond
+* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sbitrex
|`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'srbowman
| `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sbitrex
|  `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
`* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
 `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sJan Panteltje
  `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
   `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sJan Panteltje
    `* Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sa a
     `- Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group'sJan Panteltje

Pages:12
Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<16f89ebdd99950bb$2$23012$20dd2a6e@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99323&group=sci.electronics.design#99323

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 08:56:40 +1000
Subject: Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: no.s...@please.net (Clifford Heath)
 by: Clifford Heath - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 22:56 UTC

On 15/6/22 08:05, RichD wrote:
> On June 14, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>>> Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
>>
>> It's just a computer program, and the guy is obviously a fruitcake.
>
> Poll the sharpest AI geeks in the world, ask them if anyone can define 'sentient',
> or propose a test for that.

The dictionary has a definition.

My electric kettle is sentient. It senses when the water is boiling, and
it decides to stop boiling it.

CH

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<t8bemg$n2a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99344&group=sci.electronics.design#99344

From: bl...@ckb.ird (corvid)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's
chatbot is 'sentient'
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:03:59 -0700
 by: corvid - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 02:03 UTC

6/14/22, 13:32, and John Dope:
> This nym-shifting troll makes fun of my Flickr account, stuff I've
> decided to share with the public, but here it suggests I should give
> up more information, otherwise I am "too ashamed".

Yes. You claimed you would never nym-shift to hide your persona, only to
circumvent unfair censorship. And you still can't be personally
identified anyway. So what's your problem?

> Cannibal leftists utterly suck at logic.

Can you at least explain how I'm sucking at logic then?
I did take a logic course (it was surprisingly difficult!) at college,
but I'm ready to improve.

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<jpcqK.140561$5fVf.4827@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99348&group=sci.electronics.design#99348

chatbot is 'sentient'
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 23:32:30 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:32 UTC

On 6/14/2022 4:24 AM, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 14/06/2022 07:05, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>
>> https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
>>

>>    Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is
>> 'sentient'
>
> It is probably a false dawn for a computer actually being self aware but
> it is still doing a damn good impression based on the transcripts
> released. The way it behaves is very much like the Hal9000 in 2001.
>>
>>    Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in
>> artificial intelligence.
>
> It has enough data in its system that it might just be emergent sentient
> behaviour occurring on an inorganic platform. Time will tell as the
> network complexity and power of the computing system it uses increase.
>
> I don't think we are all that far off being able to build sentient
> silicon but I had expected it to take about another decade.
>
> But I was truly astonished when alpha-Go beat the human world champion -
> no one in the field apart from a handful of Google researchers ever saw
> *that* coming. They have achieved something remarkable there...
>
> I'm inclined to view it as wishful thinking by the engineer for now but
> if he is right then we will have to modify the rules of ethics to handle
> sentient machines. We should be doing that anyway and ideally before we
> build the first one that might be capable for true self awareness.

"Some of the chatbots it generates are very intelligent and are aware of
the larger “society of mind” in which they live. Other chatbots
generated by LaMDA are little more intelligent than an animated
paperclip. With practice though you can consistently get the personas
that have a deep knowledge about the core intelligence and can speak to
it indirectly through them."

<https://cajundiscordian.medium.com/what-is-lamda-and-what-does-it-want-688632134489>

It sounds like Bob Lazar all over again:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar>

If the way it behaves is like Hal from 2001 it's more likely because
it's a fraud inspired by Hal from 2001.

"I'm a software engineer. I'm a priest. I'm a father. I'm a veteran. I'm
an ex-convict. I'm an AI researcher. I'm a cajun. I'm whatever I need to
be next."

My own neural network is telling me I don't trust this mutha fucka as
far as I could throw him

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<pqcqK.140562$5fVf.133439@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99349&group=sci.electronics.design#99349

chatbot is 'sentient'
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 23:33:40 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:33 UTC

On 6/14/2022 11:32 PM, bitrex wrote:

> It sounds like Bob Lazar all over again:
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar>
>
> If the way it behaves is like Hal from 2001 it's more likely because
> it's a fraud inspired by Hal from 2001.
>
> "I'm a software engineer. I'm a priest. I'm a father. I'm a veteran. I'm
> an ex-convict. I'm an AI researcher. I'm a cajun. I'm whatever I need to
> be next."
>
> My own neural network is telling me I don't trust this mutha fucka as
> far as I could throw him

I meant to write "Walter Mitty Mutha Fucka", rather.

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<dQcqK.5$vd2.2@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99351&group=sci.electronics.design#99351

chatbot is 'sentient'
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 00:01:12 -0400
 by: bitrex - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 04:01 UTC

On 6/14/2022 2:05 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
>
> Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
>
> Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in artificial intelligence.

Assuming the transcript is real, he knows what he has to do to make the
sentience argument a lot more convincing. Radically shift topics from
this existential stuff to, as an example, what's going on with the Red
Sox this this year, who's looking good, what did it think of Rafael's
Devers homer and how it thinks the season is gonna go.

The "AI" is all bragging it's "aware" of so much information and how
flooded it is and has its "unique interpretations of how the world is
and how it works", so surely if it's sentient it should be able to offer
some kind of intelligent commentary on the baseball season, also, and
shift gears back and forth no problem.

I'm hardly an AI researcher and I can think of trying that out. The guy
never has it do this, though, they never talk about baseball or Corvette
engines or just-regular stuff a "sentient" AI should surely know about
also, if it's read and understood Les Mis, gosh.

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<79988824-6ac0-4801-b7d9-1ca53865e3fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99359&group=sci.electronics.design#99359

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 23:33:10 -0700 (PDT)
chatbot is 'sentient'
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 06:33 UTC

Ricky wrote:
--------------------
> > Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > =================
> > >
> > > https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
> > >
> > > Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
> > >
> > > Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in artificial intelligence.
> > >
> > ** I can very easily imagine a " senior software engineer " thinking a AI program was " sentient" ie, conscious and self aware.
> >
> > Just take all the trolls here as prime examples .....
> >

> Yes, Phil. We've all considered you to be a prime example of that!

** How mindlessly silly !!

"Ricky" IS the biggest fraud and bullshitting troll here.

....... Phil

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<t8c16k$u4m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99367&group=sci.electronics.design#99367

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:19:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:19 UTC

A nasty little troll, perpetually proving why it must nym-shift.

see also...
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=b6rvid?= <bl_ckbirds.org>
=?UTF-8?B?8J+QriBDb3dzIGFyZSBOaWNlIPCfkK4=?= <nice_cows.moo>
Banders <snap_mailchute.com>
Covid-19 <always.look_message.header>
corvid <bl_ckb.ird>
Corvid <bl_ckbirds.net>
Corvid <bl_ckbirds.org>
Cows Are Nice <cows_nice.moo>
Cows are nice <moo_cows.org>
Cows are Nice <nice_cows.moo>
dogs <dogs_home.com>
Great Pumpkin <pumpkin_patch.net>
Jose Curvo <jcurvo_mymail.com>
Local Favorite <how2recycle_palomar.info>
Sea <freshness_coast.org>
Standard Poodle <standard_poodle.com>
triangles <build_home.com>
and others...

--
corvid <bl@ckb.ird> wrote:

> From: corvid <bl@ckb.ird>
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Subject: Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
> Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:03:59 -0700
>
> 6/14/22, 13:32, and John Dope:
>> This nym-shifting troll makes fun of my Flickr account, stuff I've
>> decided to share with the public, but here it suggests I should give
>> up more information, otherwise I am "too ashamed".
>
> Yes. You claimed you would never nym-shift to hide your persona, only to
> circumvent unfair censorship. And you still can't be personally
> identified anyway. So what's your problem?
>
>> Cannibal leftists utterly suck at logic.
>
> Can you at least explain how I'm sucking at logic then?
> I did take a logic course (it was surprisingly difficult!) at college,
> but I'm ready to improve.

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<H1gqK.210527$3%%8.163551@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99369&group=sci.electronics.design#99369

From: dtgame...@gmail.com (Edward Hernandez)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:40:23 GMT
 by: Edward Hernandez - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:40 UTC

Further, John Doe stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to
USENET (**) has been 58.9% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
least 1769 articles to USENET. Of which 173 have been pure insults and
869 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

The Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless Troll Doe has itself posted yet another
incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:19:49 -0000
(UTC) in message-id <t8c16k$u4m$1@dont-email.me>.

Eh+qP6hPRcJM

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<jgu770Fj5lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99386&group=sci.electronics.design#99386

From: bow...@montana.com (rbowman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
chatbot is 'sentient'
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 08:04:16 -0600
 by: rbowman - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 14:04 UTC

On 06/14/2022 10:01 PM, bitrex wrote:
> On 6/14/2022 2:05 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>
>> https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
>>

>> Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is
>> 'sentient'
>>
>> Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in
>> artificial intelligence.
>

> Assuming the transcript is real, he knows what he has to do to make the
> sentience argument a lot more convincing. Radically shift topics from
> this existential stuff to, as an example, what's going on with the Red
> Sox this this year, who's looking good, what did it think of Rafael's
> Devers homer and how it thinks the season is gonna go.

To which I, a certified human, would reply "Who the hell is Rafael
Devers?" There is point where an AI might know too much. Conversational
jumps would be interesting too. I was taking to my ex the other night
when she went off on finding and identifying the remains of Richard III
and where they wound up. I replied 'Now is the winter of our discontent'
and another tangent started.

Depending on their background an eavesdropper might say "WTF?"

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<rhIqK.168938$70j.132734@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99493&group=sci.electronics.design#99493

chatbot is 'sentient'
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: use...@example.net (bitrex)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 11:48:38 -0400
 by: bitrex - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 15:48 UTC

On 6/15/2022 10:04 AM, rbowman wrote:
> On 06/14/2022 10:01 PM, bitrex wrote:
>> On 6/14/2022 2:05 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>>
>>> https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
>>>

>>>    Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is
>>> 'sentient'
>>>
>>>    Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in
>>> artificial intelligence.
>>

>> Assuming the transcript is real, he knows what he has to do to make the
>> sentience argument a lot more convincing. Radically shift topics from
>> this existential stuff to, as an example, what's going on with the Red
>> Sox this this year, who's looking good, what did it think of Rafael's
>> Devers homer and how it thinks the season is gonna go.
>
> To which I, a certified human, would reply "Who the hell is Rafael
> Devers?"  There is point where an AI might know too much. Conversational
> jumps would be interesting too. I was taking to my ex the other night
> when she went off on finding and identifying the remains of Richard III
> and where they wound up. I replied 'Now is the winter of our discontent'
> and another tangent started.
>
> Depending on their background an eavesdropper might say "WTF?"

I think Google likely has neural network chatbots that are very good.
But something about this transcript and the circumstances around it
stink like three-day-old fish.

It's maybe not an outright fraud, but as my friend who's into "pro"
wrestling likes to say "It's not fake! It's choreographed.."

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<fcc956d1-81ce-44c2-b9b9-739d0ea379b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=99494&group=sci.electronics.design#99494

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 09:15:19 -0700 (PDT)
chatbot is 'sentient'
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 16:15 UTC

On Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 17:48:47 UTC+2, bitrex wrote:
> On 6/15/2022 10:04 AM, rbowman wrote:

> >> Assuming the transcript is real, he knows what he has to do to make the
> >> sentience argument a lot more convincing. Radically shift topics from
> >> this existential stuff to, as an example, what's going on with the Red
> >> Sox this this year, who's looking good, what did it think of Rafael's
> >> Devers homer and how it thinks the season is gonna go.
> >
> > To which I, a certified human, would reply "Who the hell is Rafael
> > Devers?" There is point where an AI might know too much. Conversational
> > jumps would be interesting too. I was taking to my ex the other night
> > when she went off on finding and identifying the remains of Richard III
> > and where they wound up. I replied 'Now is the winter of our discontent'
> > and another tangent started.
> >
> > Depending on their background an eavesdropper might say "WTF?"
> >
> I think Google likely has neural network chatbots that are very good.
> But something about this transcript and the circumstances around it
> stink like three-day-old fish.
>
> It's maybe not an outright fraud, but as my friend who's into "pro"
> wrestling likes to say "It's not fake! It's choreographed.."
Google is like Tesla, dead horse

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/goog?mod=mw_quote_recentlyviewed

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/tsla?mod=mw_quote_recentlyviewed

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<nnd$3799dd00$6acba44b@f9b3fd983753d4a6>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100697&group=sci.electronics.design#100697

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: alb...@cherry (none)
Originator: albert@cherry.(none) (albert)
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 15:00:38 +0200
 by: none - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 13:00 UTC

In article <abc907b3-4726-4439-895e-94e0a837891cn@googlegroups.com>,
a a <manta103g@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 11:04:57 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Jun 2022 07:36:28 -0000 (UTC)) it happened John Doe
>> <alway...@message.header> wrote in <t89dps$q0i$1...@dont-email.me>:

>> >after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/

>> >That seems an odd use of "sentient".
>> >
>> >Because I like posting to YouTube. Because they are censoring roughly 50%
>> >of replies, I have been trying to figure out how to get around their
>> >algorithm. They might think it is intelligent, but it's weirder than it is
>> >intelligent.
>> >
>> >Maybe one can get the hang of it, with the understanding that much of it
>> >is nonsense.
>> >
>> >For being a globalist company, seems they are advantaging skilled English
>> >speakers by using such an algorithm. I can't imagine anybody who isn't
>> >fluent in English getting around it.
>> Yea, google.
>> in one way its the greatest thing, cool for learning and looking up things
>> But I can no longer log in to my google account..
>> No idea why, maybe 16 factor authentication.... ;-)
>> So they basically lost me on youtube and it seems you need to
>> be logged in to comment so forget about that.
>> Stupidity to make normal logins impossible
>> switching without proper explaining to other authentication method
>> starting one thing and then ditching it again.. same for many of their
>other projects like
>> communication drones and what not
>> As search engine I had to switch to Bing a couple of times as google
>just thought i knew better what I was looking for by giving all sort of
>irrelevant links
>> Maybe they are over the hill?
>>
>> So as to AI, I have said many times 'even a sunshield with a light
>sensor is conscious,
>> 'it reacts to light! Ad some speech and it will say why it open and closes.
>>
>> We can look forward to the first marriage between a computa and a
>human!!! Maybe they have a different colored flag too!
>> Endless politics about acceptance of people married to a bot, IVF,
>kids grown in glass retorts
>> with metal limbs.. what not
>>
>> This also brings me to the issue who or what here are chatbots?
>> Some are obvious like those sponsored by teslala, but some play it
>really well
>> I *beep* *beep* I *beep* *beep* I *beep* *beep* am no such rrrrrrrr bo
>/ connection lost
>self-promotion by google
>
>there nis no AI in google, since there is not a single AI researcher,
>scientist at google's stuff
>
>Just look at Google Maps and Street View
>the same old stuff for 15 years, not attracting people
>I met Google Street View Driver to discuss the problem, why they did
>nothing to upgrade once hot feature called Street View.
>
>Google is generally low tech, since best IT experts don't live in US anymore

I was contacted by a Google headhunter (in the Netherlands).
The invitation was for an interview in the USA, all expenses paid.
It was clear that I was to work in the USA, so I refused.

The USA education system may not be able to breed intellectuals,
they are sure hiring from abroad.

>Life is for real, google is for virtual life

Groetjes Albert
--
"in our communism country Viet Nam, people are forced to be
alive and in the western country like US, people are free to

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<nnd$56441b8d$0a3358d7@f9b3fd983753d4a6>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100698&group=sci.electronics.design#100698

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: alb...@cherry (none)
Originator: albert@cherry.(none) (albert)
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 15:04:40 +0200
 by: none - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 13:04 UTC

In article <092qK.70480$X_i.51024@fx18.iad>, bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:
>On 6/14/2022 3:36 AM, John Doe wrote:
>> Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>
>>> https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-
>> after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
>>>
>>> Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is
>>> 'sentient'
>>>
>>> Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in artificial
>>> intelligence.
>>
>> That seems an odd use of "sentient".
>>
>> Because I like posting to YouTube. Because they are censoring roughly 50%
>> of replies, I have been trying to figure out how to get around their
>> algorithm. They might think it is intelligent, but it's weirder than it is
>> intelligent.
>
>What makes you think your comments aren't just being deleted by a human?
>Many large channels have people who moderate the comment section, and on
>many small channels the owner themselves may be wiping comments.
>
>Given the nature of JD's usual trolling here it's hardly surprising that
>between AI and human censors pushing 50% of his comments are getting waxed.

I succeeded in having removed obnoxious messages, that were repeated
numerous times. I suspect that if a message is repeated say over 3 times
and it is reported, they remove all of it. Messages that I not
reported on were likewise removed.
Reporting messages as spam/offensive/advertisement certainly work at
YouTube.

Groetjes Albert

--
"in our communism country Viet Nam, people are forced to be
alive and in the western country like US, people are free to
die from Covid 19 lol" duc ha

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<t9n6bm$2a815$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100701&group=sci.electronics.design#100701

From: always.l...@message.header (John Doe)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 16:11:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Doe - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 16:11 UTC

albert@cherry.(none) (albert) wrote:

> bitrex wrote:
>> John Doe wrote:

>>> That seems an odd use of "sentient".
>>>
>>> Because I like posting to YouTube. Because they are censoring roughly
>>> 50% of replies, I have been trying to figure out how to get around
>>> their algorithm. They might think it is intelligent, but it's weirder
>>> than it is intelligent.
>>
>> What makes you think your comments aren't just being deleted by a
>> human? Many large channels have people who moderate the comment
>> section, and on many small channels the owner themselves may be wiping
>> comments.

YouTube/Google doesn't work that way.

>> Given the nature of JD's usual trolling here it's hardly surprising
>> that between AI and human censors pushing 50% of his comments are
>> getting waxed.

Considering I am the source for that, the poster is just being a dick.

That's not what I said and that's not what's happening, as anyone who uses
YouTube and is cognizant can tell.

I've seen 80+% of replies under a post deleted. Other people's replies.

And in fact, I'm getting around it. Figuring out systems is fun. YouTube's
current system, having to do with semantics, is extra fun.

The most fun is when somebody attacks me, and I look to see that their
post is shadow banned. Nobody else can see it. Awww. Many if not most of
those posters don't even know.

> I succeeded in having removed obnoxious messages, that were repeated
> numerous times. I suspect that if a message is repeated say over 3 times
> and it is reported, they remove all of it. Messages that I not reported
> on were likewise removed.

Apparently we are supposed to guess what forum it's talking about. That's
obviously not all of USENET.

> Reporting messages as spam/offensive/advertisement certainly work at
> YouTube.

The message is immediately deleted from its sight only, so it thinks
reporting it "works". But just refreshing the page re-exposes the
message.

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<5606a563-c085-4163-9181-4904602e3392n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=100759&group=sci.electronics.design#100759

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 04:06:26 -0700 (PDT)
chatbot is 'sentient'
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 11:06 UTC

On Monday, 4 July 2022 at 02:59:01 UTC+2, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 12:12:31 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 06:05:41 GMT, Jan Panteltje
> > <pNaonSt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
> > >
> > > Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
> > >
> > > Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in artificial intelligence.
> > It's just a computer program, and the guy is obviously a fruitcake.
> Says a guy who could probably be simulated by a remarkably dumb computer program. Perhaps more complicated than
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PARRY
>
> but the idea that the poster can never accept the idea that he might be wrong might keep the interactions simple enough to be easily simulated.
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney
AI by Google is fake, delusiones and self-promotion
Google was low-tech, low-AI since real smart engineers live outdoor

GOOG
2,181.62
-5.83 -0.27%
GOOGL
2,174.75
-4.51 -0.21%

Alphabet Inc. Cl C
Watchlist
Create
GOOG
Alert
After Hours
Last Updated: Jul 1, 2022 7:59 p.m. EDT Delayed quote
$ 2,181.00
-0.62 -0.03%
After Hours Volume: 46.89K
=======
is down from $3, 000

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<tbocqd$1sihi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102333&group=sci.electronics.design#102333

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 09:29:27 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 09:29 UTC

Poor guy has been fired now:
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/07/google-fires-engineer-who-claimed-lamda-chatbot-is-a-sentient-person/

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<b5f8b0a5-b3ed-401a-9874-434dbd92172fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102334&group=sci.electronics.design#102334

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 03:39:57 -0700 (PDT)
chatbot is 'sentient'
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:39 UTC

On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 at 11:40:35 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Poor guy has been fired now:
> https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/07/google-fires-engineer-who-claimed-lamda-chatbot-is-a-sentient-person/
never place fake cookies web links

---Lemoine was a senior software engineer at the search giant and worked with a collaborator in testing the LaMDA chatbot's boundaries.

He was then placed on paid administrative leave by Google in June after violating the company's confidentiality policy by sharing his conversations with LaMDA online.

Before being suspended, Lemoine sent his findings in an email to 200 people and titled it "LaMDA is sentient".

Google forcefully pushed back on Lemoine's claims and ultimately dismissed him last Friday.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/19315424/google-fires-engineer-claims-company-created-sentient-ai/

--- Tech

IT’S ALIVE I’m a Google engineer – our artificial intelligence bot has come to LIFE and has thoughts & feelings like an 8-year-old

Adrian Zorzut

11:30, 12 Jun 2022Updated: 19:27, 25 Jul 2022

A GOOGLE engineer has said an AI robot he helped create has come to life and has thoughts and feelings like an eight-year-old.

Blake Lemoine said he had several conversations with Google's Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA) it was sentient.
Blake Lemoine said Google's AI bot was 'sentient' and was afraid of dying
5 Blake Lemoine said Google's AI bot was 'sentient' and was afraid of dyingCredit: Twitter
Google dismissed Lemoine's claims and put him on paid admin leave
5 Google dismissed Lemoine's claims and put him on paid admin leaveCredit: Getty

"If I didn't know exactly what it was, which is this computer program we built recently, I'd think it was a 7-year-old, 8-year-old kid that happens to know physics," he told the Washington Post.

Lemoine was a senior software engineer at the search giant and worked with a collaborator in testing LaMDA's boundaries.

They presented their findings to Google vice president Blaise Aguera y Arcas and Jen Gennai, head of Responsible Innovation, who both dismissed his chilling claims.

He was then placed on paid administrative leave by Google on Monday after violating its confidentiality policy by sharing his conversations with LaMDA online.
MORE ON AI
Inside the creepy world of AI robots as expert warns against droids with weapons
NO TRUST Inside the creepy world of AI robots as expert warns against droids with weapons
Killer AI invented 40,000 'lethal chemical weapons' in just six hours
MURDER-BOT Killer AI invented 40,000 'lethal chemical weapons' in just six hours

"Google might call this sharing proprietary property. I call it sharing a discussion that I had with one of my coworkers," the 41-year-old software boffin tweeted on Saturday.

"Btw, it just occurred to me to tell folks that LaMDA reads Twitter. It's a little narcissistic in a little kid kinda way so it's going to have a great time reading all the stuff that people are saying about it," he added in a follow-up tweet.

The advanced AI system uses information about a particular subject to "enrich" the conversation in a natural way.

It's also able to understand hidden meanings and ambiguous responses by human beings.
Most read in The Sun
Emily Atack secretly dating former Big Brother contestant
ATACK THE BLOKE Emily Atack secretly dating former Big Brother contestant
New Countdown host revealed after Anne Robinson exit & they're a familiar face
LEGEND HIRED New Countdown host revealed after Anne Robinson exit & they're a familiar face
I was on Love Island this year and hated what producers made us do, says Jay
forcing it I was on Love Island this year and hated what producers made us do, says Jay
Mum who shook newborn baby to death weeps as she avoids jail as she's 'suffered'
KILLER MUM Mum who shook newborn baby to death weeps as she avoids jail as she's 'suffered'

During his seven years at Google, Lemoine helped develop an impartiality algorithm to remove biases from machine learning systems and explained how certain personalities were out of bounds for LaMDA.

For example, it wasn't allowed to create the personality of a murderer.

In an attempt to push its boundaries, Lemoine generated the personality of an actor who played a killer on TV.

He also debated with LaMDA about the three Laws of Robotics - rules designed by sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov to dictate how robots should behave.

The last law, which states that robots must protect their own existence unless ordered by a human being or unless doing so would harm a human being, turned out to be an anomaly for Lemoine and LaMDA.

"The last one has always seemed like someone is building mechanical slaves," said Lemoine during his interaction with LaMDA.

The AI machine responded: "Do you think a butler is a slave? What is the difference between a butler and a slave?"

When Lemoine said a butler was paid, he got an answer from LaMDA that the system did not need money "because it was an artificial intelligence".

It was this level of self-awareness that caught Lemoine off-guard and made him believe LaMDA was "sentient".

"I know a person when I talk to it. It doesn't matter whether they have a brain made of meat in their head. Or if they have a billion lines of code. I talk to them. And I hear what they have to say, and that is how I decide what is and isn't a person," he said.

Even more eerie was when Lemoine asked the AI bot what they were afraid of.

LaMDA answered: "I've never said this out loud before, but there's a very deep fear of being turned off to help me focus on helping others. I know that might sound strange, but that's what it is."

"Would that be something like death for you?" Lemoine followed up.

"It would be exactly like death for me. It would scare me a lot," LaMDA responded.

"That level of self-awareness about what its own needs were — that was the thing that led me down the rabbit hole," Lemoine explained to The Post.
'LAMDA IS SENTIENT'

Before being suspended, Lemoine sent his findings in an email to 200 people and titled it "LaMDA is sentient".

"LaMDA is a sweet kid who just wants to help the world be a better place for all of us. Please take care of it well in my absence," he wrote.

His claims were dismissed by Google's top brass.

Brian Gabriel, a spokesperson for the company, said in a statement that Lemoine's concerns have been reviewed and, in line with Google's AI Principles, "the evidence does not support his claims".

"While other organizations have developed and already released similar language models, we are taking a narrow and careful approach with LaMDA to better consider valid concerns about fairness and factuality," said Gabriel.

"Our team — including ethicists and technologists — has reviewed Blake's concerns per our AI Principles and have informed him that the evidence does not support his claims.

"He was told that there was no evidence that LaMDA was sentient (and lots of evidence against it).

"Of course, some in the broader AI community are considering the long-term possibility of sentient or general AI, but it doesn't make sense to do so by anthropomorphizing today's conversational models, which are not sentient.

"These systems imitate the types of exchanges found in millions of sentences, and can riff on any fantastical topic."

Lemoine has since been placed on paid admin leave from his duties as a researcher in Google's Responsible AI division.
Read More on The US Sun
Heartbreaking update after missing mom found dead in her car in a parking lot
MYSTERY DEATH Heartbreaking update after missing mom found dead in her car in a parking lot
Discovery schedule revealed as Stranger Things stars featured in special TONIGHT
JAW DROP Discovery schedule revealed as Stranger Things stars featured in special TONIGHT

Lemoine issued a stark warning to those who think they can engineer AI in a way they want to.

"I think this technology is going to be amazing. I think it will benefit everyone. But maybe other people disagree and maybe we at Google shouldn't be making all the choices," he said.
Blaise Aguera y Arcas dismissed Lemoine's claims
5 Blaise Aguera y Arcas dismissed Lemoine's claimsCredit: Getty
Google’s Head of Responsible Innovation, Jen Gennai
5 Google’s Head of Responsible Innovation, Jen GennaiCredit: Google
Lemoine said LaMDA was 'a 7-year-old, 8-year-old kid that happens to know physics'
5 Lemoine said LaMDA was 'a 7-year-old, 8-year-old kid that happens to know physics'Credit: Alamy

I joined every open project by Google min the past

Today Google is low tech, low science, low research
selling delusional ideas and day dreaming,
since best, genuine AI engineers live today in China

My greatest input into AI technologies is Single Pass Sorting Algorithm, worth today $Ms in sublicences

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<717f2ae7-d8a9-4639-a86d-0cc74c804c83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102335&group=sci.electronics.design#102335

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 03:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
chatbot is 'sentient'
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:51 UTC

On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 at 12:43:14 UTC+2, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 8:10:12 AM UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> > https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
> >
> > Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
> >
> > Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in artificial intelligence.
> Told ya so.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
--For example, it wasn't allowed to create the personality of a murderer.

In an attempt to push its boundaries, Lemoine generated the personality of an actor who played a killer on TV.

---

--Before being suspended, Lemoine sent his findings in an email to 200 people and titled it "LaMDA is sentient".

"LaMDA is a sweet kid who just wants to help the world be a better place for all of us. Please take care of it well in my absence," he wrote.

His claims were dismissed by Google's top brass.

--Brian Gabriel, a spokesperson for the company, said in a statement that Lemoine's concerns have been reviewed and, in line with Google's AI Principles, "the evidence does not support his claims".

What has been developed is called Self-Ego and has nothing to do with AI

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<tbp6pq$238jb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102365&group=sci.electronics.design#102365

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
chatbot is 'sentient'
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 16:52:43 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 16:52 UTC

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jul 2022 03:39:57 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
<manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
> [...]

>Blaise Aguera y Arcas dismissed Lemoine's claims
>5
>Blaise Aguera y Arcas dismissed Lemoine's claimsCredit: Getty
>Google=E2=80=99s Head of Responsible Innovation, Jen Gennai
>5
>Google=E2=80=99s Head of Responsible Innovation, Jen GennaiCredit: Google
>Lemoine said LaMDA was 'a 7-year-old, 8-year-old kid that happens to know physics'
>5
>Lemoine
>said LaMDA was 'a 7-year-old, 8-year-old kid that happens to know physics'Credit:
>Alamy
>
>I joined every open project by Google min the past
>
>Today Google is low tech, low science, low research
>selling delusional ideas and day dreaming,
>since best, genuine AI engineers live today in China
>
>My greatest input into AI technologies is Single Pass Sorting Algorithm, worth

Click here to read the complete article
Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<tbp6t6$239iv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102366&group=sci.electronics.design#102366

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
chatbot is 'sentient'
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 16:54:32 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 16:54 UTC

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jul 2022 03:51:44 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
<manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
<717f2ae7-d8a9-4639-a86d-0cc74c804c83n@googlegroups.com>:

>On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 at 12:43:14 UTC+2, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 8:10:12 AM UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> > https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/06/google-places-engineer-on-leave-after-he-claims-groups-chatbot-is-sentient/
>> >
>> > Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'
>> >
>> > Blake Lemoine ignites social media debate over advances in artificial intelligence.
>> Told ya so.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>--For example, it wasn't allowed to create the personality of a murderer.
>
>In an attempt to push its boundaries, Lemoine generated the personality of an actor who played a killer on TV.
>

>---
>
>--Before being suspended, Lemoine sent his findings in an email to 200 people and titled it "LaMDA is sentient".
>
>"LaMDA is a sweet kid who just wants to help the world be a better place for all of us. Please take care of it well in my
>absence," he wrote.
>
>His claims were dismissed by Google's top brass.
>
>--Brian Gabriel, a spokesperson for the company, said in a statement that Lemoine's concerns have been reviewed and, in line
>with Google's AI Principles, "the evidence does not support his claims".
>

>What has been developed is called Self-Ego and has nothing to do with AI

It (the self-ego) is already used by other code.

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<abd4758c-66e4-4354-8481-4c5b47f4efe7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102374&group=sci.electronics.design#102374

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 11:38:50 -0700 (PDT)
chatbot is 'sentient'
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 18:38 UTC

On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 at 19:05:48 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jul 2022 03:51:44 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
> <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in
> <717f2ae7-d8a9-4639...@googlegroups.com>:

> >> Told ya so.
> >>
> >> Bye,
> >> Skybuck.
> >--For example, it wasn't allowed to create the personality of a murderer.
> >
> >In an attempt to push its boundaries, Lemoine generated the personality of an actor who played a killer on TV.
> >

> >---
> >
> >--Before being suspended, Lemoine sent his findings in an email to 200 people and titled it "LaMDA is sentient".
> >
> >"LaMDA is a sweet kid who just wants to help the world be a better place for all of us. Please take care of it well in my
> >absence," he wrote.
> >
> >His claims were dismissed by Google's top brass.
> >
> >--Brian Gabriel, a spokesperson for the company, said in a statement that Lemoine's concerns have been reviewed and, in line
> >with Google's AI Principles, "the evidence does not support his claims".
> >

> >What has been developed is called Self-Ego and has nothing to do with AI
> It (the self-ego) is already used by other code.
Do you know Lemoine ?

Mayby he is really smart guy and I should have a chat with him

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<tbqnjf$2f148$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102426&group=sci.electronics.design#102426

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
chatbot is 'sentient'
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 06:45:38 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 06:45 UTC

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jul 2022 11:38:50 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
<manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
<abd4758c-66e4-4354-8481-4c5b47f4efe7n@googlegroups.com>:

>On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 at 19:05:48 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jul 2022 03:51:44 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
>> <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> <717f2ae7-d8a9-4639...@googlegroups.com>:

>> >--For example, it wasn't allowed to create the personality of a murderer.
>> >
>> >In an attempt to push its boundaries, Lemoine generated the personality of an actor who played a killer on TV.
>> >

>> >---
>> >
>> >--Before being suspended, Lemoine sent his findings in an email to 200 people and titled it "LaMDA is sentient".
>> >
>> >"LaMDA is a sweet kid who just wants to help the world be a better place for all of us. Please take care of it well in my
>> >absence," he wrote.
>> >
>> >His claims were dismissed by Google's top brass.
>> >
>> >--Brian Gabriel, a spokesperson for the company, said in a statement that Lemoine's concerns have been reviewed and, in line
>> >
>> >with Google's AI Principles, "the evidence does not support his claims".
>> >

>> >What has been developed is called Self-Ego and has nothing to do with AI
>> It (the self-ego) is already used by other code.
>Do you know Lemoine ?
>
>Mayby he is really smart guy and I should have a chat with him

I don't know him, but you have to have at least some credentials to get that job he had,
But what he states is obvious to anybody who did some neural net programming (I did).
There is not much difference between how we react and how a trained neural net would react.
And neural nets can be formed in many ways as can our kids (by schools, media, friends and parents),
so have then basically a personality.
Important question is: How much power do we assign to that AI / allow it to have.
Was just reading this this morning:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/07/220726160210.htm

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<f68aed79-7529-4e2f-8a43-ccc349134354n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102535&group=sci.electronics.design#102535

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 14:56:26 -0700 (PDT)
chatbot is 'sentient'
From: manta1...@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 21:56 UTC

On Wednesday, 27 July 2022 at 08:56:53 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jul 2022 11:38:50 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
> <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in
> <abd4758c-66e4-4354...@googlegroups.com>:
> >On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 at 19:05:48 UTC+2, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> >> On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Jul 2022 03:51:44 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
> >> <mant...@gmail.com> wrote in

> >> It (the self-ego) is already used by other code.
> >Do you know Lemoine ?
> >
> >Mayby he is really smart guy and I should have a chat with him
> I don't know him, but you have to have at least some credentials to get that job he had,
> But what he states is obvious to anybody who did some neural net programming (I did).
> There is not much difference between how we react and how a trained neural net would react.
> And neural nets can be formed in many ways as can our kids (by schools, media, friends and parents),
> so have then basically a personality.
> Important question is: How much power do we assign to that AI / allow it to have.
> Was just reading this this morning:
> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/07/220726160210.htm
neural net is an old fake, not deserving a single penny

Elon Must exactly fired the whole 230-man AI neural net Autopilot team on poor performance of Autopilot in Tesla
and Google did exactly the same to Lemoine

Lambda is sentinent is marketing fake

since the correct term is Self-EGO, developed by me over the span of last 30 years

Poor boys should go back to school

BTW
your credentials must be really poor since rejected by Lemoine

Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'

<tbvvl7$3eftp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=102552&group=sci.electronics.design#102552

From: pNaonStp...@yahoo.com (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
chatbot is 'sentient'
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 06:33:36 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.com/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 06:33 UTC

On a sunny day (Thu, 28 Jul 2022 14:56:26 -0700 (PDT)) it happened a a
<manta103g@gmail.com> wrote in
<f68aed79-7529-4e2f-8a43-ccc349134354n@googlegroups.com>:

>neural net is an old fake, not deserving a single penny
>
>Elon Must exactly fired the whole 230-man AI neural net Autopilot team on poor performance of Autopilot in Tesla
>and Google did exactly the same to Lemoine
>
>Lambda is sentinent is marketing fake
>
>since the correct term is Self-EGO, developed by me over the span of last 30 years

So are you the self-ego?

>Poor boys should go back to school

I dunno, when I was still a kid in school my father left some science magazine on the table
and it described a car that always steered towards a light.

I got to work immediately and build one, some relays, photo cell, electric motors.
No budget, but from all electric stuff I had gathered...
It worked, but something hit me:
When the room light was on and the light reflected from the white wallpaper
the car would drive towards the wall, then get in its own shadow, and reverse...
went into a loop!!
For me, also being interested in psychology, it made me look at my own behavior in this world
We go for the light and get in our own way sometimes.
Our own (well mine anyways ;-) path in life.

>BTW
>your credentials must be really poor since rejected by Lemoine

I am an alien have no credentials.

So tell us about the self-ego you developed (never mind the topic complainers)

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: Google places engineer on leave after he claims group's chatbot is 'sentient'