From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: How does it feel to be lied to?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 19:44:46 -0600
References: <0ff8706b-e368-4e96-9e24-4eac31976b28n@googlegroups.com> <19bc554a-3044-4f42-a07a-bf05435a670dn@googlegroups.com> <8977bb60-b750-4583-a34a-3fe332cc4636n@googlegroups.com> <d6776a75-e81e-493c-8af9-e793bc4591f9n@googlegroups.com> <vju70hddc8r8vrmsm346fu2vd0qfe7p5s3@4ax.com> <d2842355-ff34-419f-bde8-7ecb4b1cd057n@googlegroups.com> <17de098a-5a24-434e-9171-580dae443ea9n@googlegroups.com> <su34q5$j5h$1@dont-email.me> <adfb03af-8560-4e93-b701-4cddd0f2ff84n@googlegroups.com>
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 01:44 UTC

On 2/10/2022 5:45 PM, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 7:43:37 AM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:

>>> https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/554548-ron-johnson-jan-6-capitol-riot-was-largely-peaceful-not-an-insurrection
>>> Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) suggested on Wednesday that the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was not an insurrection but a largely "peaceful protest."
>>>
>>> "Even calling it an insurrection, it wasn't," Johnson said during an appearance on Fox News's "Ingraham Angle." "You know, I condemned the breach. I condemned the violence, but to say there were thousands of armed insurrectionists breaching the Capitol intent on overthrowing the government is just simply false narrative."
>>>
>>> Johnson said he has spoken to some of his constituents in Wisconsin that were present at a "Stop the Steal" rally on the National Mall and at the U.S. Capitol that day.
>>>
>>> "By and large, it was peaceful protest, except for there were a number of people, basically agitators that whipped the crowd and breached the Capitol. That's really the truth of what's happening here," Johnson said.
>>>
>>> Videos taken at the Capitol that day show hundreds of pro-Trump protesters storming the complex as a joint session of Congress met inside to certify President Joe Biden's Electoral College victory.
>>>
>>> Several rioters were seen violently attacking members of Capitol Police and journalists covering the event.
>>>
>> It's a judgement call and you see it differently. Which is fine.
>>
>> With something like 150,000 people all together and at most
>> a few dozen provocateurs, others make a different analysis.
>
> The January 6 rally that Trump spoke at contained about 10,000 or so people. There is an AP estimate in the below link. Maybe more than 10k even. 10-12k or so. But 150k as you state? You live in Madison Wisconsin. Wisconsin has football games there. 150k is DOUBLE the attendance at one of those games. The entire city of Madison has 255k population. 150k would be over half the entire population of Madison. Every man woman and child in Madison. Were there that many people Trump was speaking to? You would need about 1/2 mile diameter space to hold all those people. Or more space. Is there that much empty space in all of Washington DC? So I am going to say your crowd size estimate of 150k is about 10 to 15 times too high.
> https://www.newsweek.com/trump-claims-jan-6-rally-size-censored-media-crowd-was-biggest-hes-seen-1667199
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_United_States_Capitol_attack
> "On January 6, 2021, a mob of 2,000–2,500 supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump attacked the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C."
> So about 20-25% of the crowd watching Trump and the other agitators speak decided to attack the Capital and overthrown the USA democratic process. One fourth or one fifth of a 10k crowd is quite a bit more than a few dozen provocateurs.

> [...]

Crowd size:
https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-classified-documents-reveal-number-january-6-protestors-1661296

Persistent and pernicious misquote of Mr Trump:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/03/21/trump_didnt_call_neo-nazis_fine_people_heres_proof_139815.html#!

direct quotation regarding Charlottesville:
“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists
because they should be condemned totally.”

Pathetic sap who ran over a woman in Charlottesville:

He been attacked by Antifa surrounding his car, panicked and
killed her while fleeing. A tragedy all around, but hardly a
premeditated or intended act. I've seen the complete video,
can't find it in a cursory search.

Small interesting things regarding 6 January 2020-

Two pipe bombs were dropped the evening prior, one at DNC HQ
and one at RNC HQ. The bomber is shown on security video.
First bomb was discovered at 1pm, before Mr Trump's speech.
FBI and Capitol Police have not pursued that whatsoever.

Several of those charged have video evidence of walking
around aimlessly, chatting up Capitol Police, not doing much
of anything. Still held in the local lockup under dismal
conditions a year later. Almost all are charged with
'trespass', a minor misdemeanor, despite having walked
through open doors and exchanging pleasantries with the
guards on the way in.

The more serious charges are under a statute of threatening
the President or Vice president at the Capitol or other
Federal building. This week, it turns out that the charges
are false; Mr Pence was not in fact at the Capitol at all.
Still they sit, mostly in solitary, a year later.

Several known paid agitators, not least of which is John
Sullivan, were 'questioned and released'. Mr Sullivan, from
SLC, has a website 'InsurgenceUSA' of left/anarchist
leanings and was involved on the Antifa side of riots in
several west coast cities summer/autumn 2020. Never jailed
BTW. He was bashing in the interior door next to Ms Ashli
Babbett when she was shot.

Recently FOIA released Capitol Security and bodycam video
shows the shooter twenty feet away from the door, and other
Capitol Police in the crowd behind Ms Babbett. That's a
fundamentally wrong shot period, and especially for a peace
officer. Internal Affairs didn't find that interesting so
they just moved along.

Lots more 'loose ends' to 6 January 2020, but The Narrative
steamrolls the details...

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>