From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Why is it called a presta valve and who invented it and when?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:07:28 +0700
References: <su4gl9$g4$1@dont-email.me> <vpmb0hdrru5eatl7ju8kh54n4i14c9advl@4ax.com> <su6l19$j5v$1@dont-email.me> <7q0e0h5a7gidqd13o3556psi37dirqc2n6@4ax.com> <su72so$5s1$1@dont-email.me> <e46a329f-5e47-431b-bd38-98e7da174cc6n@googlegroups.com> <su771u$okk$1@dont-email.me> <make0h52sjp31953ed9j0ugcsekmskj8r2@4ax.com> <su8n98$27q$1@dont-email.me> <su90na$2rv$1@dont-email.me> <bde81a10-4a08-4315-9ad8-665715246c4fn@googlegroups.com> <su94fm$skh$1@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 03:07 UTC

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:14:44 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 2/12/2022 1:53 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

>>> As was noted by Mr Bach above, every problem is not a
>>> crisis. You're not innumerate. There are more than 20
>>> million AR-15 in the US of A, the greater bulk of which just
>>> passed another uneventful day, oiled and cased.
>>
>> Exactly how would a gun homicide have a type of gun "indeterminate"? While there are rifles that shoot some handgun calibers the velocity of the bullet is enough different to determine whether it was a rifle or a handgun. IE Henry lever action rifles are made that shoot .357 but the velocity and rifling are substantially different. If you can recover a bullet you can almost always identify the brand of gun it was fired from. Sometimes even the year of manufacture.
>>

>As a longtime reader of daily crime reports, there's no
>mystery here.
>
>Consider that before the prevalence of 9mm, the #1 most
>frequently lethal round was .22LR. There's no way to
>determine which format was employed, both are popular.
>
>Back to 9mm:
>https://www.barrettrifles.com/9mm-rifles

well, 9mm is 0.354" and .35 caliber guns are not uncommon, dating back
to at least 1906 with the .35 Remington cartridge (:-)

But the best one is the 8"/35 caliber gun Mark 3 and Mark 4, developed
by the Navy in 1890
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-inch/35-caliber_gun
Muzzle velocity - 2,100 ft/sec
Effective range - 16,000 yards
(:-)

--
Cheers,

John B.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Why is it called a presta valve and who invented it and when?

By: Muhammad Sarwar on Sun, 6 Feb 2022

388Muhammad Sarwar