From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Off road hazards
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 05:52:49 +0700
References: <21ca34a7-0bab-4c91-86d2-f0580a01c59fn@googlegroups.com> <sv8b7f$vpf$1@dont-email.me> <sv8dmq$fpk$2@dont-email.me> <pg3g1h5lvcsj1mq39stsug98ee6i8j35hu@4ax.com> <svb0ar$mbh$1@dont-email.me> <ciij1htq7osmu6c8i18ar39j7v0kimmpnj@4ax.com> <svdim2$609$1@dont-email.me> <svdmka$22a$1@dont-email.me> <sve5ir$997$1@dont-email.me> <88cl1h1sifc0fhg7uqu1tnhuvfh2ul02fo@4ax.com> <svefs6$7vc$1@dont-email.me> <geil1h1vb65ghu0kb14c2lujl2egs4ehre@4ax.com> <svg63t$f8r$1@dont-email.me>
 by: John B. - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:52 UTC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:41:47 -0500, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 2/26/2022 7:53 PM, John B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Feb 2022 19:16:04 -0500, Frank Krygowski
>> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> We can discuss Canadian laws, practices and culture any way you want,
>>> John. Just try to follow the discussion, please, without insults.
>>>
>>> Personally, I think Canadian gun laws have a direct bearing on their
>>> relative absence of gun violence. I feel the same about the gun laws of
>>> Britain, France, Netherlands, Ireland, etc. The U.S. absolutely is an
>>> outlier among any nations that are even vaguely similar regarding
>>> technology, economy and average prosperity.
>>>
>>> Your defense of U.S. gun policy is, apparently, "Canada has less rape
>>> too" with the implication apparently being that Americans are inherently
>>> much worse people.
>>>
>>> Is that not what you're implying? If so, please tell me what you DO mean.
>>>
>>> And if you believe Americans are inherently worse, can you not tell me
>>> what makes them that way?
>>

>> Big (:-).
>> Yup, just as Tom does you are changing the subject and now your
>> initial comments about gun crimes has become a study of the social
>> conduct of two countries.
>
>The person who INTRODUCED the topic of rapes says I was the one who
>changed the subject?
>
>Wow.

Nice try (:-) But No, I didn't introduce the topic of Rape, per se. I
introduced the fact that Canada has far less serious crime then the
U.S.

Unless, of course you don't consider Rape a serious crime.

>> As for insults? Well I stated actual facts and you then attempted to
>> scoot right around the corner and change the subject and I comment on
>> it.... and that's an insult?
>
>Likening a person to "Tommy" is an insult.

Well... stop acting like Tom (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.