From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Off road hazards
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 19:14:03 -0600
References: <cf037bbf-ddce-4b07-a972-9bb5ef86e06fn@googlegroups.com> <jueo1hhau13795h88sq6vh8gsbs70k0ofr@4ax.com> <c61ada1f-08e0-47c0-be42-fe557c68323en@googlegroups.com> <86oo1h54kbgfn541h8ncob3edod72798gg@4ax.com> <svitjt$p5b$1@dont-email.me> <rjkq1hhbu3euf54t286imcdpvudnuvudh4@4ax.com> <svlg6j$4d3$1@dont-email.me> <svlinf$q2c$1@dont-email.me> <svlss6$eja$1@dont-email.me> <svm0jg$dc6$1@dont-email.me> <svm13d$hdl$1@dont-email.me> <svm3gv$489$1@dont-email.me> <svmedv$eld$1@dont-email.me> <buht1h5t26n3gmpfa1l85n4qfat9ldtrus@4ax.com> <svo4tu$ipk$1@dont-email.me> <svo9vv$te0$2@dont-email.me> <svp1dq$rk7$1@dont-email.me>
 by: AMuzi - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 01:14 UTC

On 3/2/2022 6:16 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 3/2/2022 12:37 PM, AMuzi wrote:

>>> Benefits vs. detriments, John. Benefits vs. detriments. I
>>> can list the benefits of bicycling (again!) if necessary.
>>> They've repeatedly been shown to tremendously outweigh the
>>> detriments.
>>>
>>> What are the practical benefits of letting any macho nutcase
>>> buy things like AR rifles? I don't believe you've ever
>>> answered that question!
>>>
>>> You also haven't answered the closely related question of
>>> how you manage to get by without owning one. ISTM that's
>>> proof these guns are far from essential.
>>>

>> For a roughly similar price range and a roughly similar
>> installed base of both products ( bicycles and firearms)
>> your personal bias seems at least out of step with general
>> USA opinion. Which is fine, but you're not the arbiter and
>> a large number of people see the problem differently.
>
> That statement avoided answering the question. What are the
> practical benefits of letting any macho nutcase by things
> like AR rifles? After all, we can count the detriments,
> starting with body counts.
>
> The most cogent answer I've heard is here:
> https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0?t=101 up to 2:00
>
> although the rest of that is certainly worth attention. Lots
> of good points.

Assault rifles? As in full auto sturmgewehr? Really? Good
luck with that FFL process:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/apply-license

Misapplying terms does not help his argument.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

SubjectRepliesAuthor