From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Off road hazards
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 08:16:44 -0600
References: <rjkq1hhbu3euf54t286imcdpvudnuvudh4@4ax.com> <svlg6j$4d3$1@dont-email.me> <svlinf$q2c$1@dont-email.me> <svlss6$eja$1@dont-email.me> <svm0jg$dc6$1@dont-email.me> <svm13d$hdl$1@dont-email.me> <svm3gv$489$1@dont-email.me> <svmedv$eld$1@dont-email.me> <buht1h5t26n3gmpfa1l85n4qfat9ldtrus@4ax.com> <svo4tu$ipk$1@dont-email.me> <svo9vv$te0$2@dont-email.me> <svp1dq$rk7$1@dont-email.me> <v7602hpotri8ntfld5s4ov29c3tn4guhkh@4ax.com> <svr2rd$pnn$1@dont-email.me> <6en22h92899e14b4pk6b24nkmno6vbjnil@4ax.com> <svrq5c$776$1@dont-email.me> <6b810be6-4217-4ba2-bbdb-302f3060087bn@googlegroups.com>
 by: AMuzi - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 14:16 UTC

On 3/3/2022 11:30 PM, russellseaton1@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 7:31:29 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 3/3/2022 6:36 PM, John B. wrote:

>>> Frank... you stated above, "What are the practical
>>> benefits" in fact you mentioned it at least twice in this series of
>>> posts.
>>>
>>> I'm simply point out that your claim to "benefits" is simply that,
>>> another argument and that "benefits" in the U.S. apply largely to
>>> things that are really not required. "Luxuries" one might say.
>>>
>>> But Frank, do tell us about the "benefits" of the $30 hand bags.
>>>
>> I'm with you generally but it seems to have been a long
>> while since you were buying 'girlfriend food' for an
>> American woman. A '$30 handbag' is something one finds at a
>> thrift store. A '$30 handbag' is not suitable as a gift.
>>

> I'm going to go way out on a limb and say you are WRONG Andy. Wrong about $30 handbags at thrift stores. I have been in thrift stores. Salvation Army store. Never looked at the handbag section of course. But $30 for a handbag at a thrift store seems outrageously expensive. Crazy expensive. Now belts I do look at in thrift stores. Men's belts. I buy them for a $1 in the thrift store. Great, great belts. Almost like brand new. I have 5 or 6 in reserve now. Belts that probably cost $20 or $30 new. But only $1 at the thrift store. Yeah!!! I am going to bet women's handbags are just like men's belts at the thrift store. They get lots of them and sell them for a buck or two to get rid of them fast. No $30 handbags at the thrift store.
>

>> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=genuine+new+fendi+bag&t=h_&ia=web
>>
>> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=genuine+new+prada+handbag&t=h_&ia=web

I'm with Ms Slocumb on this. No man in his right mind would
give a woman a $30 handbag.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>