From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Off road hazards
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 18:56:37 -0600
References: <svm13d$hdl$1@dont-email.me> <svm3gv$489$1@dont-email.me> <svmedv$eld$1@dont-email.me> <buht1h5t26n3gmpfa1l85n4qfat9ldtrus@4ax.com> <svo4tu$ipk$1@dont-email.me> <svo9vv$te0$2@dont-email.me> <svp1dq$rk7$1@dont-email.me> <v7602hpotri8ntfld5s4ov29c3tn4guhkh@4ax.com> <svr2rd$pnn$1@dont-email.me> <6en22h92899e14b4pk6b24nkmno6vbjnil@4ax.com> <svrq5c$776$1@dont-email.me> <6b810be6-4217-4ba2-bbdb-302f3060087bn@googlegroups.com> <svt70e$lcu$2@dont-email.me> <v1c52hpvamh4ocp64oj7mbr27sv83sltvq@4ax.com>
 by: AMuzi - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 00:56 UTC

On 3/4/2022 6:42 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2022 08:16:44 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>>> I'm going to go way out on a limb and say you are WRONG Andy. Wrong about $30 handbags at thrift stores. I have been in thrift stores. Salvation Army store. Never looked at the handbag section of course. But $30 for a handbag at a thrift store seems outrageously expensive. Crazy expensive. Now belts I do look at in thrift stores. Men's belts. I buy them for a $1 in the thrift store. Great, great belts. Almost like brand new. I have 5 or 6 in reserve now. Belts that probably cost $20 or $30 new. But only $1 at the thrift store. Yeah!!! I am going to bet women's handbags are just like men's belts at the thrift store. They get lots of them and sell them for a buck or two to get rid of them fast. No $30 handbags at the thrift store.

>> I'm with Ms Slocumb on this. No man in his right mind would
>> give a woman a $30 handbag.
>

> The difference between the U.S. and Thailand.
>
> I just told my wife what you said - I had to explain the "Ms" - and
> she sort of "got her back up" as the saying goes, and rather
> indignantly said, (I'm translating here) "What's this "Ms"? I'm a
> married woman! Do you want people to think I'm just shacked up with
> you?
> (:-)

Please convey my apology, no offense intended.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

SubjectRepliesAuthor