Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 17:17:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Off road hazards
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 01:17 UTC

On Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 11:54:38 AM UTC-6, Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 8:43 PM, John B. wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 20:02:22 -0500, Frank Krygowski
> > <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> >> John, you carefully avoided answering each question.
> >>
> >> Based on that, I assume not one of the features I asked about was on
> >> your hunting guns.
> >>
> >> Which is not surprising. Those features, common on ARs, are rarely worth
> >> having on a gun used for hunting. Their value is for combat situations..
> >> Or for pretending to be in a combat situation.
> >
> > Yes, you did state "hunting rifles" and I replied to you giving you
> > the technically answers to your questions - with the exception of the
> > red dot things which I'm not familiar with.
> You replied by assiduously evading my direct questions about your
> specific guns. Can't you be man enough to own up to it?

Not to take John's side or your side in this rousing argument. But I do not think wise, intelligent, thinking people talk about their own personal guns in public. That is something only done by YouTube idiots and other senseless braggarts. There are some things, like your social security number, or your favorite sex positions, that should not be talked about in public. Detailed gun ownership is one of them.

> > The problem seems to be this irrational fear that you exhibit
> > regarding AR type rifles. I have a great deal of difficulty in
> > understanding this.
> Your difficulty understanding things is obvious, including the fact that
> I have no personal fear of such guns. (Disgust =/= fear.) Abetting mass
> murder is disgusting to me. Grown ups pretending to be Rambo inspire
> scorn and disgust, not fear.
>
> At the same time, I recognize that you are only in this for the
> argument. By your responses, it's obvious you do not now own an AR or
> similar weapon, so you're a counterargument to the common "I need
> personal defense" excuse. And in the days you hunted, you did so
> successfully using a gun without the combat-oriented design features I
> described.
>
> For you, it's fun to argue in favor of the weapon that's been repeatedly
> used for mass murder. But losing the argument on logical points takes
> away your fun, so you've switch to insults.
>
> --
> - Frank Krygowski

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Off road hazards