From: am...@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Off road hazards
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 07:54:53 -0600
References: <t05b69$geu$1@dont-email.me> <2i2d2hdnu9p8s0p7lb4rs8ql5olpgud6st@4ax.com> <bd15eca0-c7c2-46ad-a634-b3a3eaf96a86n@googlegroups.com> <o0ed2h145s1qfv8eh7d4vepq6sup5ge1ui@4ax.com> <e723731e-1e36-4335-949a-b175eb631b83n@googlegroups.com> <im6e2hd8gbdqgm2n74tvdjee96s7ema5i8@4ax.com> <t07v3k$rnr$1@dont-email.me> <t08493$at1$1@dont-email.me> <t08als$3gl$1@dont-email.me> <68uf2h5n00mkfc8i3mrvqp1gd9pemiio40@4ax.com> <t093io$nnu$3@dont-email.me> <m75g2h1a2qiq68u8kd1tfm83krfgukl57v@4ax.com>
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 13:54 UTC

On 3/8/2022 9:02 PM, John B. wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 21:31:53 -0500, Frank Krygowski
> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 3/8/2022 8:02 PM, John B. wrote:

>>> But you are just making things up. No gold medals for participating
>>> true... but no gold medals for not stealing cars, and no gold medal
>>> for not robbing banks, and on and on.
>>>
>>> I pointed out that bicycles had killed more people - some hundred
>>> times more, then the terrible "mass shootings" and you dismissed them
>>> although they were higher then the combat deaths in Vietnam which I
>>> remind you so terrified the youth of American that they fled the
>>> country.
>>>
>>> And you will leap into the fray, shouting "BUT bicycles have an
>>> advantage!" Yup, I agree, an advantage in killing people. Think of it,
>>> 100 times as many dead on bicycles as died in mass shootings.
>>>
>>> I think I'll let you keep those advantages. I don't want any part of
>>> them.
>>
>> Do you ride a bike? You have claimed to.
>>

> For about 25 years until my hip got so bad - I broke my pelvis (one of
> your fabled advantages of a bicycle I guess) and now I walk with a
> cane.
>
>> That indicates you judge the benefits of riding to be greater than the
>> detriments. And as I've indicated via many citations, you'd be right.
>>
>> So are you now arguing against your own behavior?? Really??
>
> Nope Frank. I rode a bicycle simply because I enjoyed riding it. Just
> as I ran in foot races because I enjoyed it. I can honestly say that I
> never sat down and added up the advantages and disadvantages of
> either. Or spending 20 years in the Air Force, or working in foreign
> countries. I just did as I damned pleased.
>
> And I believe that is why most people do things. Do you really think
> that people sit there counting advantages on their fingers - Eeny,
> meeny, miny, moe - Yes Siree Bob, that there one got all them
> advantages. Yup, I'll do that.

Or more clearly, people make decisions for their own reasons
or for no reason. Which is fine, it's their choice.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

SubjectRepliesAuthor