From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Groups rides and illness
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 13:50:18 +0700
References: <1c977be4-326a-4811-bfa0-a8811aeb472dn@googlegroups.com> <43418db6-f918-4184-a367-27c35af7e570n@googlegroups.com> <c06cafa5-691c-42ab-87d8-c093d4b20363n@googlegroups.com> <7c1e1aa8-75ad-4ba9-bbd7-1f51d53b0f06n@googlegroups.com> <14a59a57-38bb-4c8f-bb20-5daad7402648n@googlegroups.com> <d810dbc9-766c-4dda-b64c-b58771b3bd34n@googlegroups.com> <5d8q3hhmfa8thu02tsd1j6fh9ej4ngrd5u@4ax.com> <04631609-7bc0-4716-8764-9eb66ded82e6n@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 06:50 UTC

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:47:57 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
<ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 9:10:51 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 17:41:03 -0700 (PDT), "russell...@yahoo.com"
>> <ritzann...@gmail.com> wrote:

>closely.
>> >This suggests that the vaccines are destroying your immune system and additional infections of the various variants worsens the condition.

>> >Quotes from the study you cited.
>> >
>> >"Current SARS-CoV-2 vaccines all contain or induce the expression of antigens similar to those of the early Wuhan-Hu-1 viral isolate"
>> >
>> >"It remains to be determined precisely how the immune system responds to mRNA and other vaccine platforms compared with SARS-CoV-2 infection."
>> >
>> >"Several SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern with mutations in the spike gene have emerged and spread globally, with differing abilities to evade neutralizing antibody responses elicited by Wuhan-Hu-1 infection or vaccination."
>> >
>> >"The appearance of virus variants, waning antibody levels after infection or vaccination, and breakthrough infections in previously immunized individuals indicate that periodic vaccine boosting of immunity to SARS-CoV-2 is warranted."
>> >
>> >"Severe COVID-19 stimulates higher SARS-CoV-2-specific antibody titers than asymptomatic infection or mild illness."
>> >
>> >"One of the positive developments amid the global calamity of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has been the rapid design, production, and deployment of a variety of vaccines, including remarkably effective mRNA vaccines encoding the viral spike."
>> >
>> >"Correlates of immunological protection from SARS-CoV-2 infection following vaccination or prior infection are still under investigation."
>> >
>> >"our findings lead to the prediction that antibodies derived from infection may provide somewhat decreased protection against virus variants compared with comparable concentrations of antibodies stimulated by vaccination."
>> >
>> >"As additional variants of SARS-CoV-2 appear over time, individuals will acquire distinct immunological histories depending on which vaccines they received and which viral variants infected them."
>> >
>> >"Taken together, these results underscore important differences between SARS-CoV-2 antibody responses produced by vaccination versus infection."
>> >
>> >MY SUMMARY:
>> >Get vaccinated!!!!!!!!! The original vaccines were based on the original Covid virus strain. Viruses change over time. New virus strains may evade the original vaccines. Getting vaccinated gives you better protection than getting infected and recovering. New vaccines will be needed to keep fighting Covid virus as it mutates over time.
>> >
>> >I have no idea what Tommy boy was trying to proclaim by mentioning this study. Whatever it was, he is wrong of course. Get vaccinated against Covid.
>> My wife's younger sister, her daughter and grandson have recently been
>> diagnosed with "covid" the sister and daughter, for sure
>> have been vaccinated but I don't know about the 4 year old grandson.
> [...]

I have the feeling that his dissension is simply a method of
demonstrating his vast knowledge and understanding of the subject.
(:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.