From: slocom...@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: "Stainless steel is too brittle for high-strength applications..."
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:57:08 +0700
References: <0225d90a-e98f-4855-8989-cfaf39750843n@googlegroups.com> <f4lb6hhe9og2c828r54arigs67i3rd7pg8@4ax.com> <m3ub6htemtgd20glb9opvmhmec7q80oopf@4ax.com> <t465ts$96k$1@dont-email.me> <f05b43b8-a35c-46c4-ba64-c3b3cd6addcfn@googlegroups.com> <t47il2$coe$1@dont-email.me> <a78ef101-6f89-467b-ab2c-e0221032f333n@googlegroups.com> <023e2d0b-5708-4d5d-8d78-878ac61abd19n@googlegroups.com> <lm3h6h5tl16kafs06i0uhmohvu1c426olf@4ax.com> <601c335c-0eb7-4ebb-9178-36bb1a24046an@googlegroups.com>
 by: John B. - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 05:57 UTC

On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 21:09:27 -0700 (PDT), "russellseaton1@yahoo.com"
<ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 7:50:42 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:48:28 -0700 (PDT), "russell...@yahoo.com"
>> <ritzann...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Yes bombing Tokyo was an act of terror against civilians. Not a military target. That has been a part of war since the beginning. Your buddy Putin is bombing a maternity hospital in Ukraine. Pregnant women aren't very good soldiers. No Tommy, the idea of bombing is not only to destroy the ability to wage war. Militaries do bomb cities filled with non combatants. And round up and shoot non soldiers too. War is never ever just soldiers shooting soldiers. Tommy, you should read some history books and learn something. It would help you immensely to have even a little knowledge.

>> >Tommy, did you forget who was president of the USA from January 20, 2017 until January 20, 2021? Why didn't your hero Donald get the USA out of Afghanistan? He had 4 years to do the job. 4 years. Was he too busy playing golf to devote anytime to that immaterial problem. Before 2016, Trump promised to bring troops home and stop foreign wars. And he talked about it for Afghanistan for four years, but didn't do it.

>> >https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/08/30/what-military-equipment-left-behind-afghanistan-us/5658895001/
>> >Article says armored anti landmine trucks and Humvees and 73 aircraft (planes and helicopters). US also left behind some "Counter-rocket, artillery and mortar systems". These would have been useful in Ukraine.
>> >
>> >The story says:
>> >"The U.S. military likely abandoned tens of millions of dollars’ worth of aircraft, armored vehicles and sophisticated defensive systems in the rush to leave the airport in Kabul safely."
>> >
>> >Tommy, millions, NOT billions as your lie above states. Again Tommy, millions, not billions. There is a one thousand times difference between millions and billions. One thousand times difference. I am aware you do not have an education so this is impossible for you to comprehend.
>> >
>> >Now, as for responding to the war in Ukraine with Russia, the USA, Joe Biden, is providing weapons to Ukraine. Even though some were left and abandoned in Afghanistan. The USA has lots of weapons to send lots of places. No shortage. Just announced were some howitzers going to Ukraine. Previously we, and UK, provided anti tank and anti plane missiles. And we, and other former Soviet countries, are providing rifles and bullets to Ukraine.
>> >
>> >And lest you forget, your buddy Trump in 2019 withheld military aid to Ukraine. Funny how you and the Republicans in congress forget that fact.
>> >
>> >https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/trump-who-was-impeached-for-withholding-nearly-400-million-in-military-aid-from-ukraine-said-this-deadly-ukraine-situation-would-never-have-happened-if-he-were-in-office/articleshow/89817109.cms
> [...]

Sure, the army pays something like $8.5 million for a brand new,
shiny, M1A2 Tank. But how much is it worth in some remote mountain
village in Afghanistan with the tracks broken, the barrel of the main
weapon shot out and the engine frozen.
The newspapers say "$8.5 million" while the scrap dealer says $0.15 a
pound (:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o "Stainless steel is too brittle for high-strength applications..."

By: Frank Krygowski on Thu, 21 Apr 2022

117Frank Krygowski