Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 06:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
From: cyclin...@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Sat, 28 May 2022 13:49 UTC

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 5:31:15 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
> On 5/25/2022 6:16 PM, russell...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 12:47:02 AM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

> >> Not to start an argument but can you post a reference to company(s)
> >> using hydrogen? I'm sincerely interested as it would seem to me that
> >> procuring, storing and using hydrogen would be a gigantic "pain in the
> >> arse" and I wonder about why someone would bother.
> >> --
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> John B.
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_vehicle#Fork_trucks
> > https://electrek.co/2022/05/06/the-worlds-largest-hydrogen-battery-hybrid-mine-haul-truck-starts-work/
> > The Wikipedia mentions hydrogen used in many different vehicles.
> >
> > I thought I had read about hydrogen mining trucks a long time ago. But it seems to be very very very recent. I am very worried my mind is becoming like Tommy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> You probably did read it long ago. Hydrogen fuel has been
> 'the next thing' since at least the 1960s but implementation
> is extremely difficult.

Most people don't have the chemistry to understand hydrogen combustion. Energy fhrough chemical means requires mass and hydrogen has very little mass and hence is a bad idea for internal combustion engines. That is why it has always been the next great thing that never was. Frank could have told you that if he had any education at all but plainly he hasn't or whatever he did have disappeared long ago during some boring lecture he was giving to put his students to sleep.

However, hydrogen is a good means of storing energy that can be converted to electicity via fuel cells and that makes a light means of carrying a superior battery that can be replentished at the nearest "gas" station which can use power line electricity to convery water into O and H2. Because of the small but present danger, a perfect battery or super capacitor might be a better means but at the moment I haven't actually seen these batteries and they are selling stock in several companies that say they have the perfect battery but haven't actually demonstrated them.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure

By: purushottam gaurav on Wed, 18 May 2022

26purushottam gaurav