From: bodkin...@gmail.com (Odd Bodkin)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Subject: Re: If SR length contraction is reversible, why time dilation is not?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:06:27 -0000 (UTC)
<b7d57cb8-9520-4987-a09a-c0618c86f137n@googlegroups.com>
<5c9309ca-ad98-4c91-ac96-99bed8b0f522n@googlegroups.com>
<t4ebfn$k8$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<9d535f0e-4fdf-4153-98c1-ae2043ab4c6cn@googlegroups.com>
<t4eg8l$cal$6@gioia.aioe.org>
<fc9ee3da-0110-45b2-83a3-d6e200e7ab1an@googlegroups.com>
 by: Odd Bodkin - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:06 UTC

Richard Hertz <hertz778@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 1:44:08 PM UTC-3, bodk...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Richard Hertz <hert...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> List (and think very carefully) FIVE specific researches in fundamental
>>> sciences (any kind) NOT RELATED TO TECHNOLOGY, either:
>>>
>>> a) Being technology an enabler for such specific research, or
>>> b) besides a), being technological applications the final goal of such
>>> specific research, or
>>> c) being technology the main goal behind such
>>> "fundamental" research, how is fundamental research results being retrofitted
>>> into the path of development of technology.
>>>
>>> If you like, you could make a try with Solid State Physics.
>>>
>> I’ll repeat what I told you earlier, and which you are unable to absorb.
>> Technology is used in fundamental science and fundamental science is used
>> in technology. This does not mean that the VALUE OF fundamental science is
>> to further technology. Likewise, mathematics is used in both technology and
>> in science. This does not mean that EITHER science or technology is there
>> to further mathematics.
>>
>> Good lord, you’re denser than a five foot stack of National Geographic
>> magazines.
>> --
>> Odd Bodkin -- maker of fine toys, tools, tables
>
> You DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CLUE about what fundamental science is.
>
> You run away like A RAT when I challenged you to cite five examples of
> "fundamental science".

You first asked for one and I gave you one: cosmology.

If you’d like five, here are five or six:
- Cosmology
- Non-earth planetary atmospherics and, for that matter, all exoplanet
astronomy
- Paleontology
- Origin of life biology
- Taxonomic zoology
- High energy particle physics

Note that NONE of these have any practical value for human technological
benefit, even though they clearly USE technology in the pursuit of the
science.

I fully expect you to splutter that none of them count as science as far as
you’re concerned, an assessment that nobody cares about except you. Those
people working in those fields certainly do not care that you disregard the
value of their work and consider them blood-sucking, useless parasites on
humanity because they’re not engineers or applied scientists.

> Maybe you should try with examples in woodworking. Anything else is
> beyond your understanding, Bodkin.
>
> You're a pathetic apologist of science, which you learned WHAT IS by
> borrowing knowledge from books.
>
> There is not a single cell in your body that is "science oriented".
> You're just a cheap charlatan.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o If SR length contraction is reversible, why time dilation is not?

By: Richard Hertz on Wed, 27 Apr 2022

107Richard Hertz