Stupidity got us into this mess -- why can't it get us out?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

SubjectAuthor
* BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
|+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
|`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| ||+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
| ||`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| || +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
| || `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
| ||+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| ||`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
| ||`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| ||`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| |`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
| | `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |  +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunTomBenton
| |  |+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
| |  |+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |  |`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
| |  `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
| |   `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |    `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| |     +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |     |`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| |     `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
| +- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| +- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
| `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunanim8rfsk
|`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
|`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| +- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
| `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
|+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
|+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunJG Rove
|`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunYour Name
| `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
|  `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
|   `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
|    `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
|     `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
|`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA

Pages:123
Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<16bd86fc3b70b4d7$7$3155485$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128373&group=rec.arts.tv#128373

Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 04:37:37 -0600
Subject: Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 10:37 UTC

On 12/3/2021 11:50 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2021 at 2:27:43 PM PST, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> RichA
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237
>>>
>>> Alec Baldwin says he "didn't pull the trigger" of the gun
>>> that fatally wounded cinematographer Halyna Hutchins
>>> on the set of his film, Rust.
>>>
>>> ”I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger
>>> at them. Never," he told George Stephanopoulos of ABC
>>> News.
>>
>> Except that’s exactly what he did.
>>
>>> It is believed to have discharged when he removed it
>>> from a holster during rehearsals for an forthcoming
>>> scene.
>>
>> Guns don’t spontaneously discharge on their own.
>>
>> https://www.usacarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/7-Transfer-Bar.jpg
>
> "I feel that someone is responsible for what happened and I can't say who that
> is. But I know it's not me... I mean, I honest to God, if I felt that I was
> responsible, I might have killed myself."
>
> --Alec Baldwin saying he does not feel guilt over RUST shooting
>
> Just insane that he actually said these words, in this order, on national
> television, about a woman he killed because he didn't bother to check to see
> if the gun he was pointing at actual people was loaded.

I don't believe he ever said "I honest to God." Is the whole quote a
lie then?

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<ou2nqgpb1di2ceon6o95efp7rgv56i6e0a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128409&group=rec.arts.tv#128409

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 10:41:00 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 15:41 UTC

On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:50:08 -0600, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Dec 1, 2021 at 2:27:43 PM PST, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>> RichA
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237
>>>
>>> Alec Baldwin says he "didn't pull the trigger" of the gun
>>> that fatally wounded cinematographer Halyna Hutchins
>>> on the set of his film, Rust.
>>>
>>> ”I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger
>>> at them. Never," he told George Stephanopoulos of ABC
>>> News.
>>
>> Except that’s exactly what he did.
>>
>>> It is believed to have discharged when he removed it
>>> from a holster during rehearsals for an forthcoming
>>> scene.
>>
>> Guns don’t spontaneously discharge on their own.
>>
>> https://www.usacarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/7-Transfer-Bar.jpg
>
>"I feel that someone is responsible for what happened and I can't say who that
>is. But I know it's not me... I mean, I honest to God, if I felt that I was
>responsible, I might have killed myself."
>
> --Alec Baldwin saying he does not feel guilt over RUST shooting
>
>Just insane that he actually said these words, in this order, on national
>television, about a woman he killed because he didn't bother to check to see
>if the gun he was pointing at actual people was loaded.

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Libs always hold themselves to
much different standards than to the rest of lowly people.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<v03nqgtqcopumiplobimof644p2poeivfi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128410&group=rec.arts.tv#128410

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 10:42:01 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 15:42 UTC

On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 13:22:26 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>On 2021-12-03 12:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Except that’s exactly what he did.

>>> Guns don’t spontaneously discharge on their own.
>>>
>>> https://www.usacarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/7-Transfer-Bar.jpg
>>
>> "I feel that someone is responsible for what happened and I can't say who that
>> is. But I know it's not me... I mean, I honest to God, if I felt that I was
>> responsible, I might have killed myself."
>>
>> --Alec Baldwin saying he does not feel guilt over RUST shooting
>>
>> Just insane that he actually said these words, in this order, on national
>> television, about a woman he killed because he didn't bother to check to see
>> if the gun he was pointing at actual people was loaded.
>>

>If asked, I feel sure he would insist that "it's not my job to check the
>gun: I'm an actor not an armourer". And most of the public would
>probably buy that argument....

Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<7cd76c67-abbc-42fa-93f1-724aaad8f778n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128414&group=rec.arts.tv#128414

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 08:04:24 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 16:04 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237

Interesting contrast, between the Baldwin case and the case of those two parents who bought the gun their kid used in the school shooting.
They (the parents) were charged for involuntary manslaughter for facilitating their kid getting hold of a gun when it appears he posed a threat. Baldwin hasn't been
charged despite being the ACTUAL person who incompetently shot someone.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<vyMqJ.90436$qz4.64175@fx97.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128415&group=rec.arts.tv#128415

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:19:38 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 16:19 UTC

On 12/4/2021 10:42 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 13:22:26 -0500, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-12-03 12:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> "I feel that someone is responsible for what happened and I can't say who that
>>> is. But I know it's not me... I mean, I honest to God, if I felt that I was
>>> responsible, I might have killed myself."
>>>
>>> --Alec Baldwin saying he does not feel guilt over RUST shooting
>>>
>>> Just insane that he actually said these words, in this order, on national
>>> television, about a woman he killed because he didn't bother to check to see
>>> if the gun he was pointing at actual people was loaded.
>>>

>> If asked, I feel sure he would insist that "it's not my job to check the
>> gun: I'm an actor not an armourer". And most of the public would
>> probably buy that argument....
>
> Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
> the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?

Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<16bda209469093ca$1$3165828$cad58068@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128487&group=rec.arts.tv#128487

Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 12:53:18 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 18:53 UTC

On 12/4/2021 10:04 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237
>
> Interesting contrast, between the Baldwin case and the case of those two parents who bought the gun their kid used in the school shooting.
> They (the parents) were charged for involuntary manslaughter for facilitating their kid getting hold of a gun when it appears he posed a threat. Baldwin hasn't been
> charged despite being the ACTUAL person who incompetently shot someone.

That's not a valid point, vegetable. Unless you have proof that Baldwin
knew the gun was loaded, which you don't. There's nothing confusing
about Baldwin's case. However, parents enabling their kids to kill,
such as the Crumbleys and Rittenhouse, isn't even remotely analogous.
You seem to crave being told you're completely full of shit. You and
Derp have that in common.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<opfnqgp2gs50lbmcgn9ucokffvciptc154@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128503&group=rec.arts.tv#128503

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 11:19:55 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 19:19 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 06:35:34 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Where do you get politics? If anything, leftist politics would make it
>MORE likely that Baldwin is held criminally responsible as 1) he injured
>and killed another worker and 2) to a large extent, he's management,
>especially in his blame-shifting attempts.

I agree - this isn't about the Second Amendment, it's about being
criminally stupid and somebody else dying because of your stupidity.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<77071e54-eb9a-4226-b230-9fcb6def0c2cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128504&group=rec.arts.tv#128504

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:22:37 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (JG Rove)
 by: JG Rove - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 19:22 UTC

On Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 10:04:27 AM UTC-6, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> > https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237
>
> Interesting contrast, between the Baldwin case and the case of those two parents who bought the gun their kid used in the school shooting.
> They (the parents) were charged for involuntary manslaughter for facilitating their kid getting hold of a gun when it appears he posed a threat. Baldwin hasn't been
> charged despite being the ACTUAL person who incompetently shot someone.

The parents went awol and found in a Detroit warehouse overnight. Cell phone pinging snitches out the dumb, again.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<sogipu$mva$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128530&group=rec.arts.tv#128530

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:24:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:24 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Sat, 4 Dec 2021 06:35:34 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Where do you get politics? If anything, leftist politics would make it
>>MORE likely that Baldwin is held criminally responsible as 1) he injured
>>and killed another worker and 2) to a large extent, he's management,
>>especially in his blame-shifting attempts.

>I agree - this isn't about the Second Amendment, it's about being
>criminally stupid and somebody else dying because of your stupidity.

This is getting more and more ridiculous. Rhino didn't discuss the
Second Amendment. He implied that a leftist judge would refuse to allow
Baldwin to be indicted because somehow Baldwin is a paragon of virtue of
the leftist political movement and they all protect each other.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<sogis8$l7q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128531&group=rec.arts.tv#128531

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 09:25:44 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:25 UTC

On 2021-12-04 16:04:24 +0000, RichA said:
> On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237
>
> Interesting contrast, between the Baldwin case and the case of those
> two parents who bought the gun their kid used in the school shooting.
> They (the parents) were charged for involuntary manslaughter for
> facilitating their kid getting hold of a gun when it appears he posed a
> threat. Baldwin hasn't been charged despite being the ACTUAL person
> who incompetently shot someone.

There is a massive difference between someone who purposely does
something and someone who accidentally does something, no matter how
stupid either of them are.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<sogjfe$mva$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128533&group=rec.arts.tv#128533

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:35:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:35 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2021-12-04 16:04:24 +0000, RichA said:
>>On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:

>>>https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237

>>Interesting contrast, between the Baldwin case and the case of those
>>two parents who bought the gun their kid used in the school shooting.
>>They (the parents) were charged for involuntary manslaughter for
>>facilitating their kid getting hold of a gun when it appears he posed a
>>threat. Baldwin hasn't been charged despite being the ACTUAL person
>>who incompetently shot someone.

>There is a massive difference between someone who purposely does
>something and someone who accidentally does something, no matter how
>stupid either of them are.

They only difference I see is one was an accidental shooting and one was
a spree killing. In both cases, people legally responsible for gun
safety didn't give a shit about gun safety. In both cases, the person
with legal responsibility handed the gun to someone who could not be
trusted to handle a gun safety.

Why yes, the parents are actually at fault, like the armorer and the
assistant director.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<d52bc866-dae0-4984-b217-79df1aa6a7c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128590&group=rec.arts.tv#128590

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 16:59:47 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 00:59 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237

Shooting expert calls Baldwin a liar, shooting scenario claimed is "not plausible."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/12/03/alec-baldwin-abc-interview-safety-expert-reaction-sot-newday-vpx.cnn?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<16bdd62dc6afe7f2$2$2539398$12d55865@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128627&group=rec.arts.tv#128627

Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 04:48:51 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:48 UTC

On 12/4/2021 6:59 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237
>
> Shooting expert calls Baldwin a liar, shooting scenario claimed is "not plausible."
>
> https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/12/03/alec-baldwin-abc-interview-safety-expert-reaction-sot-newday-vpx.cnn?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

So the article says "safety expert" and your deteriorating mind turned
that into "shooting expert?" Would you say you're a vegetable at this
point?

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<nhbpqg9sk4dk27rr0qa5cu0cs49ls096fe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128637&group=rec.arts.tv#128637

From: TomBen...@agent.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 07:21:49 -0500
 by: TomBen...@agent.com - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:21 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:19:38 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>On 12/4/2021 10:42 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 13:22:26 -0500, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> If asked, I feel sure he would insist that "it's not my job to check the
>>> gun: I'm an actor not an armourer". And most of the public would
>>> probably buy that argument....
>>
>> Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
>> the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?
>
>Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
>confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.

I would like to see more interviews that were confrontational. The
alternative is puff PR pieces.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<16bddca5f5d72bad$1$2558138$44d50e60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128641&group=rec.arts.tv#128641

Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 06:47:24 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:47 UTC

On 12/5/2021 6:21 AM, TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:19:38 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/4/2021 10:42 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
>>> the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?
>>
>> Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
>> confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.
>

> I would like to see more interviews that were confrontational. The
> alternative is puff PR pieces.

The Stephanopoulos interview was on Hulu or Amazon Prime or something.
Did you see it?

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<1q4rJ.65871$hm7.57776@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128652&group=rec.arts.tv#128652

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 09:55:56 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:55 UTC

On 12/5/2021 7:21 AM, TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:19:38 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/4/2021 10:42 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
>>> the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?
>>
>> Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
>> confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.
>
> I would like to see more interviews that were confrontational. The
> alternative is puff PR pieces.

Well, although confrontational interviews make good theater (i.e., Roman
circus), I doubt that they're often the most informative.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<qiopqg1q3sckrk9c9hp9i166k2pi2up1l4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128706&group=rec.arts.tv#128706

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 11:02:45 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 16:02 UTC

wrote:

>On 12/4/2021 10:42 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 13:22:26 -0500, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> If asked, I feel sure he would insist that "it's not my job to check the
>>> gun: I'm an actor not an armourer". And most of the public would
>>> probably buy that argument....
>>
>> Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
>> the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?
>
>Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
>confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.

I know that if this was a prominent conservative, the question would
have been asked and the whole interview would have hostile in tone.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<9mopqg17co9esik754rpattg8j4fogai39@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128707&group=rec.arts.tv#128707

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 11:05:13 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 16:05 UTC

On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 07:21:49 -0500, TomBenton@agent.com wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:19:38 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 12/4/2021 10:42 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
>>> the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?
>>
>>Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
>>confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.
>

>I would like to see more interviews that were confrontational. The
>alternative is puff PR pieces.

I don't think there are ever confrontational interviews by 90% of the
media when it comes to those of a liberal tile. Has Cortez, Biden and
/ or any of the Hollywood "do as I say not as I do" elitists ever had
one?

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<mT5rJ.111875$3q9.16521@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128712&group=rec.arts.tv#128712

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 11:35:30 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 16:35 UTC

On 12/5/2021 11:02 AM, NoBody wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:19:38 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/4/2021 10:42 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> Why wasn't he asked if he would have put that gun to his head and made
>>> the same actions if he was so sure it was safe?
>>
>> Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
>> confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.
>
> I know that if this was a prominent conservative, the question would
> have been asked and the whole interview would have hostile in tone.

A "prominent conservative" wouldn't have sat with Stephanopolous.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<b7tpqghu7vqu0rks46b397irtasv1dnsm2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128716&group=rec.arts.tv#128716

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 09:22:38 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:22 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:24:30 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>>Sat, 4 Dec 2021 06:35:34 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>>Where do you get politics? If anything, leftist politics would make it
>>>MORE likely that Baldwin is held criminally responsible as 1) he injured
>>>and killed another worker and 2) to a large extent, he's management,
>>>especially in his blame-shifting attempts.
>
>>I agree - this isn't about the Second Amendment, it's about being
>>criminally stupid and somebody else dying because of your stupidity.
>
>This is getting more and more ridiculous. Rhino didn't discuss the
>Second Amendment. He implied that a leftist judge would refuse to allow
>Baldwin to be indicted because somehow Baldwin is a paragon of virtue of
>the leftist political movement and they all protect each other.

But all sorts of people were saints to the woke crowd before they fell
from grace. Many due to an imaginary sin though in this case a woman
is dead because of it.

It's one thing to cover for a friend who has verbally slipped and said
something incorrect - this is a horse of a totally different color.
Most woke "falls from grace" don't involve funerals.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<gctpqgtbs631sr4qs2utgbi5dcq1cstafc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128717&group=rec.arts.tv#128717

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 09:24:05 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:24 UTC

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:35:58 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>They only difference I see is one was an accidental shooting and one was
>a spree killing. In both cases, people legally responsible for gun
>safety didn't give a shit about gun safety. In both cases, the person
>with legal responsibility handed the gun to someone who could not be
>trusted to handle a gun safety.
>
>Why yes, the parents are actually at fault, like the armorer and the
>assistant director.

At the end of the day the primary responsibility is the person holding
the gun.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<soiu9r$llm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128721&group=rec.arts.tv#128721

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:52:57 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:52 UTC

On 2021-12-04 1:35 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Rhino, I certainly hope the public aren't that deluded.
>
>>> By definition: The crown prince, as a little boy growing up, can do no
>>> wrong. So if the prince misbehaves, there's another little boy who gets
>>> whipped.
>
>> That's precisely the origin of the concept of the "whipping boy".
>
> That's why the example occurred to me. I think it will occur to most of
> the public too. I don't agree with you.

Huh? I'm not disagreeing with YOU, I'm just observing that this concept
has the name "whipping boy".

By the way, as questionable as this concept seems at first, some real
psychology went into it. While the person of the royal was considered
(literally) untouchable, the obvious fact that the whipping boy was
innocent was supposed to deter the prince (and possible future king)
from being bad again because he didn't want to see an innocent child
punished for what he himself had done. It's still a raw deal for the
whipping boy though!

I wonder if there is any reliable historical evidence that the use of
the whipping boy actually DID deter the prince from future misdeeds?

>>> Alec Baldwin is a responsible adult but he's behaving like one
>>> of the elite, that he's too important to be responsible for the
>>> consequences of the harm he's caused.
>
>>> Most of us have worked on job sites and have been told that some of the
>>> equipment, if one isn't paying proper attention, can be deadly. On a
>>> production line, if workers are maintaining it, you cannot see the
>>> entire line from one end to the other. So there's a lever that controls
>>> the breaker. When the break is off, the lever is in a position that it
>>> lines up with another bar and holes that align are drilled through both.
>>> Each maintenance worker has a key lock that he puts through the holes.
>>> Only he keeps the key. If six workers are maintaining the line, there
>>> are six locks on the bar. As each maintenance worker comes off the line,
>>> he unlocks and removes the lock. Only when there are no workers in
>>> maintenance can the lever be thrown and the circuit become live.
>
>>> No one would ever just yell out, "No workers on the line!" to the guy
>>> about to reset the breaker and turn the line back on.
>
>>> At a job site, each and every worker is separately responsible for
>>> safety on the job. The responsibility cannot be shifted, not even if one
>>> is an actor on a movie production.
>
>> I'm fully agreed that Baldwin SHOULD be held responsible for that gun's
>> discharge; I'm just not 100% sure he will be. If the prosecutor and
>> judge have strong Leftist inclinations and the jury is hand-selected to
>> contain no one that knows anything about gun safety basics, some version
>> of "I'm not responsible because neutering the gun was someone else's
>> job" MAY just persuade the jury. That would be a crying shame but I
>> wouldn't rule it out.
>
> Where do you get politics?

EVERYTHING is political, whether it should be or not. Look at these DA's
that Soros has helped put in office who are letting rioters, arsonists
go when they blind police officers, burn down buildings (sometimes with
people inside), etc.

> If anything, leftist politics would make it
> MORE likely that Baldwin is held criminally responsible as 1) he injured
> and killed another worker and 2) to a large extent, he's management,
> especially in his blame-shifting attempts.

Baldwin seems to be beloved by the Left for his frequent attacks on
Trump. I can well imagine this cutting him a lot of slack.

> The prosecutor must not allow politics to intrude. That's hugely
> unethical and would get him disbarred.

I hope you're right but forgive me if I don't bank on it.

> You can't expect the jury to know
> anything about gun safety. This is the purpose of calling an expert
> witness.

I agree but if the prosecutor is incompetent - or wants to tilt the
scales in Baldwin's favour - he might call an "expert" that isn't very
compelling to the jury.

--
Rhino

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<soiub6$kth$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128722&group=rec.arts.tv#128722

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:53:42 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:53 UTC

On 2021-12-04 3:24 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> Sat, 4 Dec 2021 06:35:34 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> Where do you get politics? If anything, leftist politics would make it
>>> MORE likely that Baldwin is held criminally responsible as 1) he injured
>>> and killed another worker and 2) to a large extent, he's management,
>>> especially in his blame-shifting attempts.
>
>> I agree - this isn't about the Second Amendment, it's about being
>> criminally stupid and somebody else dying because of your stupidity.
>
> This is getting more and more ridiculous. Rhino didn't discuss the
> Second Amendment. He implied that a leftist judge would refuse to allow
> Baldwin to be indicted because somehow Baldwin is a paragon of virtue of
> the leftist political movement and they all protect each other.

Correct!

--
Rhino

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<soiutr$qcc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128726&group=rec.arts.tv#128726

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 13:03:37 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 18:03 UTC

On 2021-12-04 4:34 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>> On 2021-12-03 12:50 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> "I feel that someone is responsible for what happened and I can't say who
>>> that is. But I know it's not me... I mean, I honest to God, if I felt that
>>> I was responsible, I might have killed myself."
>>>
>>> --Alec Baldwin saying he does not feel guilt over RUST shooting
>>>
>>> Just insane that he actually said these words, in this order, on national
>>> television, about a woman he killed because he didn't bother to check to
>>> see if the gun he was pointing at actual people was loaded.
>>
>> If asked, I feel sure he would insist that "it's not my job to check the
>> gun: I'm an actor not an armourer". And most of the public would
>> probably buy that argument....
>
> There is no excuse. They have mandatory gun safety training.

I've seen plenty of mandatory safety training - not gun-related, mind
you, but still safety training - that goes in one ear and out the other.
You rarely have to prove that you understood what you were told or
demonstrate that you can do things safely. You can often just nod to
indicate that you understand and will follow those guidelines even if
you didn't understand them and have no intention of following them.

I'm NOT saying that everyone is just going through the motions every
time; not at all. But if you are not made to demonstrate what you've
learned and no one attempts to monitor you afterwards to make sure
you're actually doing things the approved way, careless individuals can
continue to be careless without much difficulty until something tragic
happens.

--
Rhino

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<soiv51$ro9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128727&group=rec.arts.tv#128727

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 13:07:28 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 18:07 UTC

On 2021-12-03 10:54 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 19:26:14 -0500, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> People who've had some training with guns know that because it's Lesson
>> One in the gun basics courses. But a lot of people have never had that
>> training and THEY will buy the idea that Baldwin had no responsibility.
>> I think the "I'm just an actor" excuse probably WOULD fly here in Canada
>> where fewer people are familiar with guns. In the US, I know that a LOT
>> of people know about guns but I'll bet the Left will still try to give
>> him a pass on this because he's one of them and a lot of the Leftists
>> WILL buy the "it's not the actor's job" line. They'd be wrong of course
>> but they're wrong about practically everything so that isn't going to
>> deter them. It remains to be seen if prosecutors, judges, and juries are
>> so easily swayed into seeing things Baldwin's way.
>
> As you know firearms are less common in Canada than the US and it was
> mildly unnerving when my girlfriend (now wife) announced on our 3rd or
> 4th date that she had a Firearms Acquisition Certificate (Canadian-ese
> for the 7 day wait period common in many states before purchasing a
> weapon) and that while she didn't currently have a pistol that
> certificate enabled her to do so at any time. (She had done range
> shooting but hadn't been in two years when I entered her life)
>
> My only other exposure to firearms was my father's rifle he hunted
> deer and moose with way back when.
>
> This is a fairly typical Canadian experience.

Is it? I'm not disputing what you're saying; it tends to match my
experience. But maybe we haven't led typical lives. The reason I say
that is that I saw statistics a few years back that said gun ownership
per capita in Canada is nearly as high as in the US. When I saw that, I
found myself wondering if I just happened to move in circles that were
more leery about guns than the average Canadian is....

--
Rhino