When things go well, expect something to explode, erode, collapse or just disappear.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

SubjectAuthor
* BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
|+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
|`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| ||+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
| ||`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| || +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
| || `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
| ||+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| ||`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
| ||`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| |+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| ||`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| |`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
| | `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |  +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunTomBenton
| |  |+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
| |  |+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |  |`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
| |  `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
| |   `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |    `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| |     +* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
| |     |`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunBTR1701
| |     `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
| +- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
| +- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
| `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunNoBody
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunanim8rfsk
|`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunUbiquitous
|`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRhino
| +- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunEd Stasiak
| `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
|+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
|+- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunJG Rove
|`* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunYour Name
| `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
|  `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
|   `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunAdam H. Kerman
|    `* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunThe Horny Goat
|     `- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunmoviePig
+* Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA
|`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired guntrotsky
`- Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gunRichA

Pages:123
Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<gbadnVHQVYhJlzD8nZ2dnUU7-KGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128731&group=rec.arts.tv#128731

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:54:12 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 18:54 UTC

On Dec 5, 2021 at 8:35:30 AM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/2021 11:02 AM, NoBody wrote:
>> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 11:19:38 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Maybe because, as an interview question it'd be argumentative and
>>> confrontational. Still, it does seem to enclose a valid point.
>>
>> I know that if this was a prominent conservative, the question would
>> have been asked and the whole interview would have hostile in tone.
>
> A "prominent conservative" wouldn't have sat with Stephanopolous.

Because the question would have been asked and the whole interview would have
been hostile in tone.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<4a9rJ.59511$Bu7.1837@fx26.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128755&group=rec.arts.tv#128755

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 15:20:16 -0500
 by: moviePig - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:20 UTC

On 12/5/2021 1:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2021 at 8:35:30 AM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/5/2021 11:02 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> I know that if this was a prominent conservative, the question would
>>> have been asked and the whole interview would have hostile in tone.
>>
>> A "prominent conservative" wouldn't have sat with Stephanopolous.
>
> Because the question would have been asked and the whole interview would have
> been hostile in tone.

As my statement is true, yours is moot.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<soj7hd$7ej$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128759&group=rec.arts.tv#128759

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:30:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:30 UTC

>On 2021-12-04 1:35 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>>That's precisely the origin of the concept of the "whipping boy".

>>That's why the example occurred to me. I think it will occur to most of
>>the public too. I don't agree with you.

>Huh? I'm not disagreeing with YOU, I'm just observing that this concept
>has the name "whipping boy".

I don't think most of the public will believe that Baldwin had no
criminal liability, given that he was well aware that he was being
handed a working gun.

>By the way, as questionable as this concept seems at first, some real
>psychology went into it. While the person of the royal was considered
>(literally) untouchable, the obvious fact that the whipping boy was
>innocent was supposed to deter the prince (and possible future king)
>from being bad again because he didn't want to see an innocent child
>punished for what he himself had done. It's still a raw deal for the
>whipping boy though!

>I wonder if there is any reliable historical evidence that the use of
>the whipping boy actually DID deter the prince from future misdeeds?

Interesting. So it's like the drill sergeant punishing all the trainees
for one failing to complete a task, or a coach making the whole team run
laps for one guy failing to try hard enough in practice. Unit cohesion
building, probably going back to the Romans.

I wonder if that does work to induce sympathy.

>>>I'm fully agreed that Baldwin SHOULD be held responsible for that gun's
>>>discharge; I'm just not 100% sure he will be. If the prosecutor and
>>>judge have strong Leftist inclinations and the jury is hand-selected to
>>>contain no one that knows anything about gun safety basics, some version
>>>of "I'm not responsible because neutering the gun was someone else's
>>>job" MAY just persuade the jury. That would be a crying shame but I
>>>wouldn't rule it out.

>>Where do you get politics?

>EVERYTHING is political, whether it should be or not. Look at these DA's
>that Soros has helped put in office who are letting rioters, arsonists
>go when they blind police officers, burn down buildings (sometimes with
>people inside), etc.

Different rules of ethics apply to judges. If a judge had a conflict of
interest like that, that he was unable to apply the law fairly to a
defendant for having some political connection to him, then he must
recuse himself.

>>If anything, leftist politics would make it
>>MORE likely that Baldwin is held criminally responsible as 1) he injured
>>and killed another worker and 2) to a large extent, he's management,
>>especially in his blame-shifting attempts.

>Baldwin seems to be beloved by the Left for his frequent attacks on
>Trump. I can well imagine this cutting him a lot of slack.

Uh, Rhino, what with the narcissism and blame-shifting, he's still playing
Trump, or rather, when he was playing Trump, it was a version of himself.

>>The prosecutor must not allow politics to intrude. That's hugely
>>unethical and would get him disbarred.

>I hope you're right but forgive me if I don't bank on it.

>>You can't expect the jury to know
>>anything about gun safety. This is the purpose of calling an expert
>>witness.

>I agree but if the prosecutor is incompetent - or wants to tilt the
>scales in Baldwin's favour - he might call an "expert" that isn't very
>compelling to the jury.

I'm sure the county prosecutor is a Republican. There are politics you
are trying to ignore here.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<soj7vh$m1p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128760&group=rec.arts.tv#128760

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:38:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:38 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:35:58 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>They only difference I see is one was an accidental shooting and one was
>>a spree killing. In both cases, people legally responsible for gun
>>safety didn't give a shit about gun safety. In both cases, the person
>>with legal responsibility handed the gun to someone who could not be
>>trusted to handle a gun safety.

>>Why yes, the parents are actually at fault, like the armorer and the
>>assistant director.

>At the end of the day the primary responsibility is the person holding
>the gun.

Of course! That's why criminal liability is shared among the three
people who personally held that gun! That includes the assistant
director who yelled out "cold gun" handing it to Baldwin, which would be
criminally reckless behavior in my opinion. To prove a manslaughter, the
prosecution must prove that the bad conduct was criminally reckless.

That Baldwin aimed and fired is criminal assault (or battery) with a
deadly weapon.

I'm not sure what the armorer can be charged with, but probably the same
thing the assistant director might be charged with. She had a legal duty
to supervise those weapons. I guess that duty is defined in the criminal
code but I haven't looked.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<6g3qqg9fsf93ccdqh4a23u00ud3qmpgur6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128764&group=rec.arts.tv#128764

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:39:11 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:39 UTC

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 13:07:28 -0500, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>Is it? I'm not disputing what you're saying; it tends to match my
>experience. But maybe we haven't led typical lives. The reason I say
>that is that I saw statistics a few years back that said gun ownership
>per capita in Canada is nearly as high as in the US. When I saw that, I
>found myself wondering if I just happened to move in circles that were
>more leery about guns than the average Canadian is....

It's clear there is a huge disconnect in Canada between the rate of
gun ownership in rural vs urban settings. That's a big part of why the
Saskatchewan Bouchie case was so controversial - urban folks just
didn't understand why farmer Bouchie was so armed.

In his case he was 1/2 hour from any possibility of police service and
of course a few times a year had to deal with wild animals (I don't
mean the two legged kind)

Bouchie claimed he was firing a 'warning shot' with what turned out to
be the killing blow. I'm skeptical but no question he was acquitted of
murder. His detractors don't really have a good answer to 'what
innocent intent could the dead man and his friends entering the farm
after dark?' but in this day of "mostly peaceful protestors" if you're
black or aboriginal it seems that in some people's eyes at least you
have the right to do anything including entering someone's property
after dark. From Bouchie's point of view it was obvious they were
trying to steal his truck.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<atropos-CC2EC1.12420505122021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128767&group=rec.arts.tv#128767

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:42:05 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:42 UTC

In article <4a9rJ.59511$Bu7.1837@fx26.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/2021 1:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> A "prominent conservative" wouldn't have sat with Stephanopolous.
> >
> > Because the question would have been asked and the whole interview would
> > have
> > been hostile in tone.
>
> As my statement is true, yours is moot.

Nope. If the media hadn't cemented its reputation for being in the bag
for Democrats and leftists, more conservatives would sit down with them
if they knew the interviews would be fair.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<sojend$1ov8$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128815&group=rec.arts.tv#128815

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 16:33:16 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 22:33 UTC

On 12/5/2021 12:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2021 at 8:35:30 AM PST, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/5/2021 11:02 AM, NoBody wrote:

>>> I know that if this was a prominent conservative, the question would
>>> have been asked and the whole interview would have hostile in tone.
>>
>> A "prominent conservative" wouldn't have sat with Stephanopolous.
>
> Because the question would have been asked and the whole interview would have
> been hostile in tone.

So right wing assholes are afraid of "hostile tones" now or is that just
anonyshits like yourself?

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<e72a4995-1505-49c9-9853-c55d4b9ae165n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128853&group=rec.arts.tv#128853

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 17:52:54 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 01:52 UTC

On Wednesday, 1 December 2021 at 16:53:06 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237

Alec Baldwin's magical self-aiming, self-firing six-shooter:

Actor claims "he didn't pull trigger OR even POINT the gun!" Yet
somehow, it managed to shoot the women in the torso.
For the uninitiated, here is how a single-shot revolver works:
You (generally) raise the gun and point it. You then cock the hammer
back until it clicks into position for firing. You then after suitably aiming
the gun, press the trigger with the LAST digit of your finger and it fires.
If you don't aim it, it can't hit a target, if you don't cock the hammer, you
cannot FIRE the gun.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<f3hqqgdis9he5dcbjqj57r2dg5p1bskokm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128856&group=rec.arts.tv#128856

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 18:10:02 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:10 UTC

On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:38:09 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>At the end of the day the primary responsibility is the person holding
>>the gun.
>
>Of course! That's why criminal liability is shared among the three
>people who personally held that gun! That includes the assistant
>director who yelled out "cold gun" handing it to Baldwin, which would be
>criminally reckless behavior in my opinion. To prove a manslaughter, the
>prosecution must prove that the bad conduct was criminally reckless.

Which is why I'm certain manslaughter charges will be laid. It's ok to
be a doofus - lots of us are from time to time - but when the price of
that is somebody's life that's NOT ok!

>That Baldwin aimed and fired is criminal assault (or battery) with a
>deadly weapon.
>
>I'm not sure what the armorer can be charged with, but probably the same
>thing the assistant director might be charged with. She had a legal duty
>to supervise those weapons. I guess that duty is defined in the criminal
>code but I haven't looked.

Given that such matters are generally handled based on state law I
would assume this is governed by the NM code since it happened in
Sante Fe, NM. If there's any regular here who has any familiarity at
all with that code let them speak up otherwise we're speculating at
best based on other state's rules or upon nothing at all.

I'm mostly surprised there have been no public statements I know of
from the NM state authorities so far given it's 6 weeks. Presumably
they're still investigating but in the absence of information who
knows?

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<OMfrJ.113235$3q9.12062@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=128874&group=rec.arts.tv#128874

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 22:51:09 -0500
 by: moviePig - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 03:51 UTC

On 12/5/2021 9:10 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 20:38:09 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> At the end of the day the primary responsibility is the person holding
>>> the gun.
>>
>> Of course! That's why criminal liability is shared among the three
>> people who personally held that gun! That includes the assistant
>> director who yelled out "cold gun" handing it to Baldwin, which would be
>> criminally reckless behavior in my opinion. To prove a manslaughter, the
>> prosecution must prove that the bad conduct was criminally reckless.
>
> Which is why I'm certain manslaughter charges will be laid. It's ok to
> be a doofus - lots of us are from time to time - but when the price of
> that is somebody's life that's NOT ok!
>
>> That Baldwin aimed and fired is criminal assault (or battery) with a
>> deadly weapon.
>>
>> I'm not sure what the armorer can be charged with, but probably the same
>> thing the assistant director might be charged with. She had a legal duty
>> to supervise those weapons. I guess that duty is defined in the criminal
>> code but I haven't looked.
>
> Given that such matters are generally handled based on state law I
> would assume this is governed by the NM code since it happened in
> Sante Fe, NM. If there's any regular here who has any familiarity at
> all with that code let them speak up otherwise we're speculating at
> best based on other state's rules or upon nothing at all.
>
> I'm mostly surprised there have been no public statements I know of
> from the NM state authorities so far given it's 6 weeks. Presumably
> they're still investigating but in the absence of information who
> knows?

Charges may be brought, but a conviction will (or at least should)
require showing departure from ordinary de facto industry practice.

Re: BBC: Alec Baldwin goes insane and LIES. Claims he never fired gun

<sonomm$614$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=129171&group=rec.arts.tv#129171

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 08:48:05 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 13:48 UTC

edstasiak1067@gmail.com wrote:
> Rhino

>> If asked, I feel sure he would insist that "it's not my job to check the
>> gun: I'm an actor not an armourer". And most of the public would
>> probably buy that argument....
>
>That's what Baldwin's lawyers are hoping for…

Too bad for him everyone on set is given gun safety training from their
guild.

--
Let's go Brandon!