19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be consistent with Usenet standards.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

SubjectAuthor
* Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)bruce bowser
+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)bruce bowser
|+- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
|`* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
| `* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)bruce bowser
|  +* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)suzeeq
|  |`- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
|  `- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)BTR1701
|+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Transition Zone
||`- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Transition Zone
|+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)shawn
||+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)shawn
|||+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)BTR1701
|||`- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
||`- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
|+- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)trotsky
|+- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Portoshona
|`* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
| `* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)BTR1701
|  +* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)suzeeq
|  |`* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Adam H. Kerman
|  | +* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)A Friend
|  | |`- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)trotsky
|  | +- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)shawn
|  | `* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)suzeeq
|  `- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)trotsky
+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
+* Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Neill Massello
+- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)trotsky
+- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)trotsky
+- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)Ubiquitous
`- Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)trotsky

Pages:1234567
Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9jlo2$11jk$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143915&group=rec.arts.tv#143915

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:09:36 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:09 UTC

On 6/30/2022 12:38 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2022 at 9:50:37 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:24:50 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> I thought the claim was that it was reported as a first-hand and not a
>>> second-hand account, which would have been a lie. I listened to
>>> testimony on NPR but I didn't hear NPR report on which vehicle it was.
>>
>> Hutchinson says she heard the story from Tony Ornato, who was
>> supposedly in the SUV.
>>
>>> I can't say I've ever heard it called "the Beast" till this thread.
>>
>> Seems many stories are either referring to the vehicle (the SUV) as
>> either the Beast or as a limousine (which would be the beast).
>
> In Secret Service parlance,

Who gives a flying fuck. Trump being prosecuted doesn't hang on his
choking a security guard. Trump pulling a Charles Manson and directing
people to kill the VP seems like a good place to start. I'm sorry, I
shouldn't mention this, I know you don't have the fucking balls to talk
about it. What a tease I am!

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9jltj$11jk$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143916&group=rec.arts.tv#143916

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:12:33 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:12 UTC

On 6/30/2022 12:40 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2022 at 10:25:12 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Is there a partition or not?
>>>
>> No, you can see the vehicle in video taken as they were driving away.
>> It's just an ordinary SUV.
>
> There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.
>
> Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.
>
> A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.

Holy fuck that's interesting.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9jmb0$11jk$6@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143918&group=rec.arts.tv#143918

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:19:43 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:19 UTC

On 6/29/2022 10:44 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2022 at 7:13:08 PM PDT, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> In article <IrCdnarwZdxS9CH_nZ2dnUU7-dOdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> That's completely false. Ornato was an agent for decades, long before Trump
>>> came on the scene.
>>
>> He only got a job regularly guarding Trump at the personal behest of
>> Trump. If that hadn't happened he would've been on some other assignment.
>>
>> Normally presidents don't bother to pick and choose who their SS agents
>> are, they have more important things to worry about.
>
> Not true at all. Presidents more often than not request the detail leader of
> their campaign detail to transition to the presidential detail when they win.
> Clinton did it with Larry Cockell, Bush did it with Nick Trotta, and Obama did
> it with Joe Clancy.
>
> You speak as if you know what you're talking about but you're actually just
> pulling nonsense out of your ass.

More horseshit. Super was talking about "agents" and you're talking
about detail leader as in one agent. I suppose you could get the
benefit of the doubt here about picking "any agents" but you sure as
fuck don't deserve it so I'm going to say you were being stupid or
lying. You pick.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9jmea$11jk$7@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143919&group=rec.arts.tv#143919

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:21:29 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:21 UTC

On 6/29/2022 10:46 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2022 at 8:06:57 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:40:42 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> It was her telling a story second hand in her actual testimony. The NPR
>>> story is not a lie, even if the story appears difficult to believe.
>>
>> NPR did what a number of other media outlets did and are still doing
>> today and made the mistake of thinking this was with the Beast, the
>> stretch limo that the President often uses for formal events. Instead
>> this was a SUV. Probably still an enhanced vehicle but something more
>> on the lines of a SUV that one of us might buy
>
> That SUV is *wildly* different than any one you might buy.

True, it's been customized just like a million other vehicles have been
customized, You could easily have one made if you had the dough. Elon
Musk could have a hundred of them if he wanted.

Will you ever stop spewing horseshit? I guess not.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9jo2b$20o$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143927&group=rec.arts.tv#143927

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:49:13 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:49 UTC

On 6/29/2022 8:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2022 at 3:58:26 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/28/2022 3:49 PM, Neill Massello wrote:

>>> "Witness recalls being told . . ."
>>>
>>> That's called hearsay. It might be true, but it's a shabby way to conduct a
>>> formal Congressional hearing.
>>>
>> The SS agent to whom it happened was right there when she was told that.
>> He didn't refute or correct what she testified to.
>
> "And then I was told by this guy who's sister's boyfriend heard from this dude
> that his cousin saw Trump jump on the hood of the Beast like TJ Hooker and
> started yelling "I'm a badass mofo!"

That's good sarcasm. Shows how scared shitless you are of the facts.
Have you tried actual begging, you might get more traction with that.

Hope this helps.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9joa4$20o$5@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143928&group=rec.arts.tv#143928

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 03:53:23 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:53 UTC

On 6/29/2022 9:36 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <t9j0qg$1m9if$1@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> A Secret

>>> They weren't in the Beast, but a regular SUV. The driver and Engel were
>>> in front, the Pres in the seat behind.
>>
>> Is there a partition or not?
>

> I saw a video today in which Trump, as president, was riding shotgun in
> an SUV past the White House.

That's so he can play pocket pool with the driver.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9jvmg$1sf6h$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143938&group=rec.arts.tv#143938

Followup: alt.troll
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:30:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:30 UTC

In article <t9hsrp$s3ht$1@solani.org>, suzee@imbris.com wrote:
> On 6/28/2022 9:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> Journalists are not in the business of making assumptions. They're supposed
>>> to report verified facts.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/peteralexander/status/1541910389289635841?s=21
>>
>> Starting to sound more and more like a lie every minute.
>
> Or they're lying to cover their asses.

TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9k03m$1sf6h$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143939&group=rec.arts.tv#143939

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:30:43 -0400
References: <8e90a4bf-d6ac-4372-9279-3b4aa63faec7n@googlegroups.com> <vb2dnR658vhq-Cb_nZ2dnUU7-QGdnZ2d@giganews.com> <ndrmbh58s3csfmtl06m4fghbem00s7t3ot@4ax.com> <q60nbh1muvr5anik15lddqcbkoujq0q92v@4ax.com> <m4ydnenVMtZsNyb_nZ2dnUU7-SVQAAAA@giganews.com> <k6fnbh9g98pdlj60cdfr9eoat79b4t9blc@4ax.com> <0fKdnaRfsaBWUib_nZ2dnUU7-KtQAAAA@giganews.com> <YKCdnWqz3cFURyb_nZ2dnUU7-QnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <t9hsrp$s3ht$1@solani.org> <atropos-CDAF79.12540829062022@news.giganews.com> <jjgpbhpfs1c8f11al2mn55u3ejg2d9p0hu@4ax.com>
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:30 UTC

nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com wrote:
>On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:54:08 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Or they're lying to cover their asses.
>>
>>"We must believe the Jan6 hearings! (Unless they say something that
>>contradicts the narrative.)"
>>
>>And why would the agents need to cover their asses? Whether Trump did or
>>did not try and grab the wheel, they're not going to get into trouble
>>for it. The only thing that would put their asses in jeopardy would be
>>to lie before Congress, so if you believe they want to cover their
>>asses, you'd be more inclined to believe them than not.
>
>They may not get in trouble but they clearly should not be talking
>about what their protectee did on their watch. Which is clearly what
>appears to have happened here. That doesn't mean that what was said is
>what actually happened as many people exaggerate when retelling a
>story to make it more exciting or it's just their interpretation of
>what happened.
>
>That said they can say whatever they want now since they aren't under
>oath. It will be interesting to see if they actually do testify or if
>they do what Ginni Thomas appears to be doing. Starting off by saying
>she would love to come testify before the committee and now her lawyer
>is speaking for her saying there doesn't appear to be any reason for
>her to testify.

The fact that they asked this woman instead of the people who were actually
there is all one needs to know. This commitee is banana republic bullshit.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9kbn2$s9hu$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143959&group=rec.arts.tv#143959

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 07:24:34 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:24 UTC

On 6/29/2022 10:40 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2022 at 10:25:12 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Is there a partition or not?
>>>
>> No, you can see the vehicle in video taken as they were driving away.
>> It's just an ordinary SUV.
>
> There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.
>
> Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.
>
> A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.

Well, reinforced yeah. But I meant its appearance.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9ki51$1uv30$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143976&group=rec.arts.tv#143976

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:14:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:14 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Jun 29, 2022 at 10:25:12 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>>Is there a partition or not?

>>No, you can see the vehicle in video taken as they were driving away.
>>It's just an ordinary SUV.

>There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.

>Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.

>A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.

Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
request the extra cupholders modification.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<7d15457e-703e-4a9f-97b0-84ea9b3f8a38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143980&group=rec.arts.tv#143980

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:27:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:27 UTC

On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:24:39 AM UTC-4, suzeeq wrote:
> On 6/29/2022 10:40 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> No, you can see the vehicle in video taken as they were driving away.
> >> It's just an ordinary SUV.
> >
> > There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.
> >
> > Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.
> >
> > A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.
>
> Well, reinforced yeah. But I meant its appearance.

The point is BTR's information is off.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9kj2n$sf05$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143982&group=rec.arts.tv#143982

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:30:15 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:30 UTC

On 6/30/2022 9:27 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:24:39 AM UTC-4, suzeeq wrote:

>>> There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.
>>>
>>> Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.
>>>
>>> A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.
>>
>> Well, reinforced yeah. But I meant its appearance.
>
> The point is BTR's information is off.

Not necessarily.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<cf09909a-e326-47bf-bf11-7e1a7c073c0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143984&group=rec.arts.tv#143984

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 16:34 UTC

On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 9:40:46 PM UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

> >grabbed his

> >https://www.npr.org/2022/06/28/1108301900/witness-recalls-trump-lunging-for-the-wheel-when-told-he-couldnt-go-to-the-capit

> >> Ah, I missed this. The vehicle in question wasn't the beast but a SUV.
> >> So he would have been easily able to reach the steering wheel if he so
> >> wished.
> >
> >So either way, the NPR story was a lie.
>
> It was her telling a story second hand in her actual testimony. The NPR
> story is not a lie, even if the story appears difficult to believe.

Look, extreme-high-profile lying to fed investigators is no situation that anyone wants to be in. The clock is ticking for Agents Bob Engel and Tony Ornato to call 1-800-ADMIT-IT

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<atropos-7CC6DC.10185430062022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143995&group=rec.arts.tv#143995

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:18:54 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:18 UTC

In article <t9ki51$1uv30$2@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >>No, you can see the vehicle in video taken as they were driving away.
> >>It's just an ordinary SUV.
>
> >There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.
>
> >Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.
>
> >A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.
>
> Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
> request the extra cupholders modification.

That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
cupholders, nor the budget.

One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
backing up without use of a rearview mirror.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9km1m$sh6g$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143997&group=rec.arts.tv#143997

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:20:54 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:20 UTC

On 6/30/2022 10:18 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t9ki51$1uv30$2@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.
>>
>>> Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.
>>
>>> A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.
>>
>> Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
>> request the extra cupholders modification.
>
> That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
> cupholders, nor the budget.
>
> One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
> there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
> backing up without use of a rearview mirror.

Would it have been cheaper to armor up a Hummer? Seems like it's got a
lot of the features needed.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9kmc2$1vh2v$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=143999&group=rec.arts.tv#143999

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:26:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:26 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.

>>>Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.

>>>A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.

>>Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
>>request the extra cupholders modification.

>That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
>cupholders, nor the budget.

>One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
>there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
>backing up without use of a rearview mirror.

No coffee? You should have filed for workman's comp.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<59nrbhpcp0g1v1ftuac33ord01k2d0vsb5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144000&group=rec.arts.tv#144000

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:29:37 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:29 UTC

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:18:54 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article <t9ki51$1uv30$2@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>> >There's nothing ordinary about that SUV whatsoever.
>>
>> >Hint: It weighs more than 15,000 pounds.
>>
>> >A normal Chevy Suburban weighs on average only 5800 lbs.
>>
>> Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
>> request the extra cupholders modification.
>
>That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
>cupholders, nor the budget.
>
>One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
>there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
>backing up without use of a rearview mirror.

Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<ipnrbhl3s3ag4eqi6f8reu52jvul1g7pa0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144005&group=rec.arts.tv#144005

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:41:12 -0400
 by: EGK - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:41 UTC

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:29:37 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:18:54 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>In article <t9ki51$1uv30$2@dont-email.me>,

>>> Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
>>> request the extra cupholders modification.
>>
>>That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
>>cupholders, nor the budget.
>>
>>One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
>>there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
>>backing up without use of a rearview mirror.
>
>Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
>many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
>mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
>can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.

BTR is retired now and older (like me). A lot of us still aren't used to
these cameras. Hell, I still hate electric windows. hahaha

The rear-view mirror thing reminds me of the 70s movie, The Gumball Rally
when the Raul Julia rips the rear view mirror off his windshield and says
"What's behind me... is not important!".

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9kom8$1vqfr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144007&group=rec.arts.tv#144007

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:06:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:06 UTC

EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
>Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:29:37 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>>That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
>>>cupholders, nor the budget.

>>>One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
>>>there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
>>>backing up without use of a rearview mirror.

>>Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
>>many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
>>mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
>>can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.

>BTR is retired now and older (like me). A lot of us still aren't used to
>these cameras. Hell, I still hate electric windows. hahaha

It's not a matter of getting used to them. I'm not going to rely up it
for my whole field of vision. I glance at the video display, but I still
look at the right side and left side mirrors and make sure I swivel my
head around. The camera's field of vision is too limiting and if I ever
got used to it and didn't check the mirrors, I might not see what I need
to see.

>The rear-view mirror thing reminds me of the 70s movie, The Gumball Rally
>when the Raul Julia rips the rear view mirror off his windshield and says
>"What's behind me... is not important!".

He has a point.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<atropos-274CCB.11160830062022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144009&group=rec.arts.tv#144009

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:16:08 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:16 UTC

In article <59nrbhpcp0g1v1ftuac33ord01k2d0vsb5@4ax.com>,

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:18:54 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <t9ki51$1uv30$2@dont-email.me>,

> >> Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
> >> request the extra cupholders modification.
> >
> >That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
> >cupholders, nor the budget.
> >
> >One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
> >there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
> >backing up without use of a rearview mirror.
>
> Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
> many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
> mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
> can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.

I'm talking about backing up at speed, running pursuit and evasion
drills. Those rear cameras are shit for anything like that.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<atropos-E0167E.11190830062022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144013&group=rec.arts.tv#144013

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:19:08 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:19 UTC

In article <t9kom8$1vqfr$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:
> >Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:29:37 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> >wrote:

> >>Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
> >>many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
> >>mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
> >>can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.
>
> >BTR is retired now and older (like me). A lot of us still aren't used to
> >these cameras. Hell, I still hate electric windows. hahaha
>
> It's not a matter of getting used to them. I'm not going to rely up it
> for my whole field of vision. I glance at the video display, but I still
> look at the right side and left side mirrors and make sure I swivel my
> head around. The camera's field of vision is too limiting and if I ever
> got used to it and didn't check the mirrors, I might not see what I need
> to see.

It's also required protocol when backing up the cars in non-emergency
situations for there to be an agent outside guiding the driver. No one's
allowed to back them up by themselves.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<t9kpi7$sjd7$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144015&group=rec.arts.tv#144015

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:20:55 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:20 UTC

On 6/30/2022 10:41 AM, EGK wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:29:37 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 10:18:54 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
>>> cupholders, nor the budget.
>>>
>>> One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
>>> there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
>>> backing up without use of a rearview mirror.
>>
>> Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
>> many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
>> mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
>> can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.
>
> BTR is retired now and older (like me). A lot of us still aren't used to
> these cameras. Hell, I still hate electric windows. hahaha

I love electric windows. Except when I have to go down to car late at
night to raise them when an unexpected thunderstorm rolls through.

> The rear-view mirror thing reminds me of the 70s movie, The Gumball Rally
> when the Raul Julia rips the rear view mirror off his windshield and says
> "What's behind me... is not important!".

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<atropos-63B8B3.11301130062022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144017&group=rec.arts.tv#144017

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:30:11 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:30 UTC

In article <t9km1m$sh6g$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

> On 6/30/2022 10:18 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <t9ki51$1uv30$2@dont-email.me>,

> >> Once you take the armoured package upgrade, it's no longer affordable to
> >> request the extra cupholders modification.
> >
> > That's actually true, but it's not the armor that edges out the
> > cupholders, nor the budget.
> >
> > One of the most frustrating things about being the TS agent (driver) is
> > there's nowhere to put your coffee cup in the morning. That, and all the
> > backing up without use of a rearview mirror.
> >
> Would it have been cheaper to armor up a Hummer? Seems like it's got a
> lot of the features needed.

Too militaristic looking. The limp-wrists on the White House staff have
a cow over that sort of thing.

The Obama staffers got the vapors over the ERT Team walking across the
complex with their sniper rifles slung over their shoulders, because
tourists outside the fences could see them. They forced the USSS to buy
special bags for them to hide the rifles in whenever they needed to move
from one post to another because visible rifles were just too scary
looking or something.

I was working a VP advance for Cheney in Jordan and when we were staging
the motorcade for the arrival at the airport, the Jordanian military
showed up with a Humvee that had a top-mounted mini-gun and wanted to
know where we wanted it in the motorcade. The staffers about shit
themselves. "We can't have something like that in the motorcade? My god,
what will people think? CNN will crucify us!"

So we had to tell the Jordanians thanks but no thanks. They wanted to
know what countermeasures we had for something like a cement truck
barreling toward the motorcade from a side street and the staffers were
like, "Well, that's what the motorcycle cops are for. They block the
side streets and driveways as the motorcade passes by."

The Jordanians looked at them, then looked at me, and I just shrugged as
if to say, "Do you see what we have to deal with?"

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<nfrrbh1icp3a96vv6m5fnt8p3eq0lo23s2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144019&group=rec.arts.tv#144019

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:41:57 -0400
 by: EGK - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:41 UTC

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:06:00 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
wrote:

>EGK <memyself@null.net> wrote:

>>>Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
>>>many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
>>>mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
>>>can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.
>
>>BTR is retired now and older (like me). A lot of us still aren't used to
>>these cameras. Hell, I still hate electric windows. hahaha
>
>It's not a matter of getting used to them. I'm not going to rely up it
>for my whole field of vision. I glance at the video display, but I still
>look at the right side and left side mirrors and make sure I swivel my
>head around. The camera's field of vision is too limiting and if I ever
>got used to it and didn't check the mirrors, I might not see what I need
>to see.

I was mostly kidding. Some years ago my brother got a new SUV and drove
into my driveway. I was watching him try to back up and it was obvious he
was using the camera and trying to get used to it rather than the mirrors.
It was funny as hell. I told him he looked like he was trying to dock the
space shuttle. :)

>>The rear-view mirror thing reminds me of the 70s movie, The Gumball Rally
>>when the Raul Julia rips the rear view mirror off his windshield and says
>>"What's behind me... is not important!".
>
>He has a point.

Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)

<hkrrbhp0bl53vftg8ao9676vq270gqctui@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=144020&group=rec.arts.tv#144020

From: memys...@null.net (EGK)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:43:06 -0400
 by: EGK - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:43 UTC

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 11:20:55 -0700, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>On 6/30/2022 10:41 AM, EGK wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:29:37 -0400, shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Why don't they use one of camera rearview mirrors? They use them in
>>> many of the super cars because there's no way a normal rear view
>>> mirror would show anything but with the rear facing camera the driver
>>> can clearly see behind the vehicle in the rear view mirror.
>>
>> BTR is retired now and older (like me). A lot of us still aren't used to
>> these cameras. Hell, I still hate electric windows. hahaha
>
>I love electric windows. Except when I have to go down to car late at
>night to raise them when an unexpected thunderstorm rolls through.

I've just owned two many cars where they decided to quit on me in the middle
of winter. It's no fun to roll one down when pulling up to an ATM or
something then it fails to go back up again.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Trump Grabbed Throat of Driver (Secret Service)