The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin?s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin?s selected programmingYour Name
+* Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin?s selected programmingBTR1701
+- Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
`- Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming

<714476811.690590730.179094.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165564&group=rec.arts.tv#165564

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 15:48:09 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 22:48 UTC

Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming

Already released:

This film, which premiered in movie theaters in the US on July 15, was
added to Netflix on Nov. 14 without a prior announcement:

Where the Crawdads Sing

A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a
suspect in the murder of a man with whom she was once involved. Stars Daisy
Edgar-Jones, Taylor John Smith, Harris Dickinson, David Strathairn, and
Garret Dillahunt; 2h 5m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9411972/

https://www.wherethecrawdadssing.movie/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81564396

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY3808Iq0Tg

Saturday, Nov. 19

The Holiday Swap (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

When two strangers mistakenly pick up the wrong piece of luggage at the
airport, each must use the intriguing contents within to track down the
other's whereabouts in time for Christmas. Stars Alex Paxton-Beesley and
Morgan David Jones.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23204056/

https://uptv.com/movies/the-holiday-swap/

Santa Bootcamp (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When event planner Emily Strauss (Emily Kinney, The Walking Dead) is hired
by mall magnate Ed Mancini (Patrick Cassidy, Castle) to stage the ultimate
Christmas Gala for his most important investors, Emily finds herself being
sent to bootcamp – Santa Bootcamp – to find the perfect Santa and the
inspiration she will need to make the evening a success. While there, Emily
meets Belle (Rita Moreno, West Side Story), the bootcamp’s drill sergeant
with a heart of gold, who helps Emily rediscover the magic of Christmas and
find romance along the way. Additional stars include Tony award winner
Marissa Jaret Winokur, Justin Gaston, John Schuck, and deaf actors Deanne
Bray and Zyra Singleton.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/santa-bootcamp

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21650446/

Three Wise Men and a Baby (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Three brothers get the surprise of their lives when they are forced to work
together and care for a baby over the holidays. Stars Paul Campbell, Tyler
Hynes, Andrew Walker and Margaret Colin.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/three-wise-men-and-a-baby

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22247482/

Christmas in Pine Valley (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

Natalie is the owner of a successful farm and home goods store that garners
the attention of a major magazine. The magazine sends a reporter named Josh
to profile Natalie's company thinking it's a family-run business. Little
does he know that Natalie's business is run by her with the help of
longtime family friends. Knowing how much the article will help struggling
farm, Natalie must convince Josh that her "family" and Christmas traditions
are all real. Stars Andrew Biernat and Kristina Cole.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/christmas-in-pine-valley/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14789426/

Life in Colour with David Attenborough [US cable premiere] (8
pm, BBC America)

Explores the many ways animals use color throughout their lives. Premiered
in 2021 on the BBC and Netflix. Three episodes shown on consecutive weeks.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11053426/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81036559

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_in_Colour_(miniseries)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYj-7IrjC4c

37th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (special)
(8 pm to midnight, HBO)

Taped on Nov. 5 in Los Angeles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiT233mQqcU

https://www.rockhall.com/37th-annual-rock-roll-hall-fame-induction-ceremony-debuts-november-19-hbo

Finding Happy (season 1 finale) (8 pm, Bounce TV)

Long Lost Christmas (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)

Interior designer Hayley plans to surprise her recently-widowed mother
Patricia with the perfect holiday present: the extended family she knows
her mom yearns for. Stars Taylor Cole and Benjamin Ayres.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/long-lost-christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22307560/

Sunday, Nov. 20

Seal Team (season 6 finale) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Christmas Lucky Charm (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Every boyfriend Jessica has had found the love of his life right after he
dated her. Just as Jessica leans into her unlucky love life and swears off
dating for the Christmas season, a handsome gallery owner moves in across
the street. Stars Adrian Spencer and Sugenja Sri.

https://uptv.com/movies/christmas-lucky-charm/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21374064/

2022 American Music Awards (live event) (8-11 pm, ABC)

https://abc.com/shows/american-music-awards/news/show-news/american-music-awards-2022-performers-second-round-announced

Miss Scarlet & The Duke (season 2 finale; renewed for season 3)
(8 pm, PBS)

A Show-Stopping Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Riley Burdett is the artistic director of the Onota Theatre in Western
Massachusetts. When Regina, the Scrooge-like owner of the theatre, breaks
the news that she’s preparing to sell the property before the holiday
performance, Riley must call upon the ghosts of Regina’s past, present, and
future to change her mind. Meanwhile, a big TV star, Sam Palmer, has moved
to the area to escape the craziness of Hollywood. Riley casts him as Bob
Cratchit in A Christmas Carol and his star power, his cleverness, and his
budding love for Riley helps her save the theatre…and steal her heart
during this very special Christmastime. Stars Jamie Perez, Thomas McDonell,
Maureen Keiller, and Caroline Portu.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-show-stopping-christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22750252/ [as "A Playful Romance"]

When I Think of Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Sara Thompson returns to her hometown to help her mother move and is
surprised to find her ex-boyfriend Josh Hartman is back home. The two had
once planned a life in music together but Sara left to study law. The
former flames slowly reconnect and try to heal wounds, both old and new.
When Sara makes a surprising discovery, she and Josh forge a bold plan for
the upcoming Christmas concert that will lead them all back to their
musical roots and make this a holiday to remember. Stars · Beth Broderick,
Niall Matter and Shenae Grimes-Beech.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/when-i-think-of-christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22247502/

The Case of the Christmas Diamond (movie) (8 pm, Ion)

Blue collar Andy (Kelly Daly, "The Night is Young") is a little nervous but
thrilled when she is invited to her rich friend's estate for Christmas. But
when the family matriarch's multi-million-dollar gem suddenly goes missing,
she finds herself accused of the theft and at the center of the
investigation led by Detective Billings (Billy Baldwin). With the help of a
famous mystery writer, Andy must find the real culprit amid all the wealthy
guests, all of whom have it out for her.

https://iontelevision.com/holiday-movie/the-case-of-the-christmas-diamond

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22192262/

My Favorite Christmas Tree (movie) (8 pm, Great American
Family)

Kyla is a skilled genealogy researcher who's made a thriving business of
putting together family trees. When she comes across new information
regarding her mother's mysterious extended family, Kyla and her sister
travel to the charming town of Conifer, hoping to piece together their
ancestry. The search leads Kyla to a generations-old Christmas tree farm,
its stubborn, handsome owner - and potentially, love. Stars Emma Johnson
and Giles Panton.

https://www.greatamericanfamily.com/movie/my-favorite-christmas-tree/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19895682/

Elton John Live: Farewell From Dodger Stadium (live event)
(8 pm, Disney+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIT1u0DxuRs

A Waltons Thanksgiving (movie) (8 pm, CW)

A follow-up to the highly successful THE WALTONS' HOMECOMING, the movie
reunites the Walton family as they prepare for Thanksgiving in 1934. The
Depression has affected everyone, but John Walton (Teddy Sears) has found a
way to provide for his family through the farm and by picking up odd jobs
from the eccentric Baldwin Sisters. It's also the time of year for the
Annual Harvest Festival Fair, where carnival rides, talent shows and pie
contests become the center of attention for the Waltons. As the story
unfolds, John Boy (Logan Shroyer) learns the true meaning of taking
responsibility, Mary Ellen (Marcelle LeBlanc) comes to understand patience
and collaboration, Grandma (Rebecca Koon) finds that winning can be
complicated, and Olivia (Bellamy Young) shares her healing heart with every
other Walton family member - at a time when each of them need it most. And
when a young boy enters the Waltons' world, everyone's life is changed in
ways they could never have imagined - transformed forever through love,
faith and kindness!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin?s selected programming

<tlbqmk$1bq5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165587&group=rec.arts.tv#165587

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Nov._19-25:_Robin?s_selected_programming
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 13:00:20 +1300
 by: Your Name - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:00 UTC

On 2022-11-19 22:48:09 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

<snip>

A load more Christmas stuff far too early! There's still over a month
to go yet.

> Miss Scarlet & The Duke (season 2 finale; renewed for season 3)
> (8 pm, PBS)

We're about half-way through season 2. It's an okay show, but can be a
little slow in places and has a tendency for dark scenes where you
can't see what's going on.

> Magpie Murders (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)

Saw it a while back. Another show that was okay, if a little confusing
with continual jumps between the two stores, and a little strange in
her talking to a fictional character. It may or may not have a second
season - there is a second book in the series it is based on and
Anthony Horowitz wants to make another season.

> Annika (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (10 pm, PBS)

Saw this one a while back too. It's quite good, although slightly
ruined by the main character occasionally talking to the camera /
audience.

Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming

<tlbqqk$3ai77$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165588&group=rec.arts.tv#165588

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:02:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:02 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>Life in Colour with David Attenborough [US cable premiere] (8
>pm, BBC America)

Was this his very last production?

>Long Lost Christmas (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)

>Interior designer Hayley plans to surprise her recently-widowed mother

Due to murder?

>Patricia with the perfect holiday present: the extended family she knows
>her mom yearns for. Stars Taylor Cole and Benjamin Ayres.

>https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/long-lost-christmas

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22307560/

>*****************************************************************************************

> Sunday, Nov. 20

>Seal Team (season 6 finale) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

I'm still waiting for the streaming episodes to come to second run. Not
gonna subscribe.

>Magpie Murders (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)

What do you mean Season 1 finale? Wrap up the fucking story!

>Annika (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (10 pm, PBS)

I've been enjoying this. I learned later that it's adapted from a radio
drama; BBC still does radio drama.

>Death in the Dorms [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
>Hulu)

>These are the stories of the kind of danger that no college student is ever
>prepared for: a life cut short just when it was getting started, not by
>accident but by foul play. Each procedural episode of "Death in the Dorms"
>will examine a different death of a college student in the U.S.

Killed by misgendering!

>New Amsterdam (season 5 fall finale) (9 and 10 pm, two
>episodes, NBC)

Morey!

>Lesson Plan (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

>After a teacher dies, his best friend--a former cop--takes a job at the
>school where he worked to confront the gang he thinks was responsible.
>Polish film; 1h 41m.

Isn't this Treat Williams in The Substitute?

> Broadcast and cable:

>Countdown to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (special) (8-9 pm,
>NBC)

So not the parade

>The Noel Diary (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

>Cleaning out his childhood home at Christmas, a novelist (Justin Hartley)
>meets an intriguing young woman (Barrett Doss) searching for her birth
>mother. Will an old diary unlock their pasts--and hearts? Based on the
>novel by Richard Paul Evans. 1h 39m.

I await Ian's review.

>Love, Lizzo (documentary) (3:01 am, HBO Max)

Do I have to unsubscribe from HBO to not see this?

> Broadcast and cable:

>The Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS (special) (9 am to noon,
>CBS)

So not the countdown to the parade.

>The 96th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (special) (9 am to
>noon, NBC)

ooo! Competing networks!

>The National Dog Show (special) (noon to 2 pm, NBC)

Puppies!

>Lego Masters (special night) (9 pm, Fox)

Television so bad even I won't watch!

>The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (special) (3:01
>am, Disney+)

>James Gunn writes and directs a one-off TV special based on the Marvel film
>series (and returning the Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista-led cast) that
>finds the Guardians heading to Earth to pick up a Christmas present.

.. . . and manage to start an intergalactic war

>A Royal Corgi Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Puppies!

Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming

<855821686.690593978.232524.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165591&group=rec.arts.tv#165591

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 17:21:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:21 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Where the Crawdads Sing
>
> A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a

I’d rather watch Claudia Jennings is gator bait on shutter

> Saturday, Nov. 19
>

> The Holiday Swap (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets UP

> Three Wise Men and a Baby (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Three brothers get the surprise of their lives when they are forced to work
> together and care for a baby over the holidays. Stars Paul Campbell, Tyler
> Hynes, Andrew Walker and Margaret Colin.

Margaret:? Really?

> Sunday, Nov. 20
>

> Christmas Lucky Charm (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets you P but if they did they’d be magically delicious!

> My Favorite Christmas Tree (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)

It will always be GAC! To me

> A Waltons Thanksgiving (movie) (8 pm, CW)

The C dub must die

> The Walking Dead: Red Carpet Live (special) (8:30 pm, AMC)
>

> The Walking Dead (season 11 and series finale) (9 to 10:30 pm,
> AMC)

Set to record along with the talking Fred

> Artemis 1: Going Back To The Moon (special) (9 pm,
> Discovery Channel)

I’d watch it if I got it

> Talking Dead (season 10 finale) (10:30 pm, AMC)

Set to record along with the Walking Fred and the walking Fred red carpet

> Monday, Nov. 21
>

> Pounding Instincts [new to US; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Peacock)
>
> Spain's greatest surgeon, Alex, undergoes a transplant of his own with
> startling results. Able to see his donor's memories, he decides to
> investigate the causes of his donor's death, following clues he sees in
> flashbacks from his new heart. Along this extraordinary soul altering
> adventure, Alex encounters the people, both dangerous and benevolent, who
> may have been responsible for his donor's death, including a woman who
> helps rewrite his lease on life. Not on IMDb.

They used to remake this all the time as TV movies and TV show episodes in
the 70s

> Tuesday, Nov. 22
>

> Welcome to Chippendales [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Kumail Nanjiani stars as Steve Banerjee, the Indian immigrant

How can an Indian be an immigrant? I thought they were indigenous.

> Our Universe [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Narrated by Morgan Freeman, this six-part series takes viewers on a
> fascinating adventure to explore the connections that drive our natural
> world. From the birth of the Sun to the birth of a sea turtle, Our Universe
> uses groundbreaking animation to dramatize the spectacular celestial forces
> that generated our solar system, while modern camera and CGI technology
> bring the audience up close and personal with some of the most iconic,
> charismatic animals on Earth.

Will see if it’s on the new ad tier

> Trevor Noah:

Fuck no

> New Amsterdam (season 5 fall finale) (9 and 10 pm, two
> episodes, NBC)

No Freyma, no Mema

> Wednesday, Nov. 23
>

> Streaming:
>

> Wednesday [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Netflix's new Addams Family spinoff series centering on the high school
> years of the now-teenaged Wednesday Addams (Jenna
> Ortega) comes from Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and
> finds Tim Burton directing half of the eight episodes—

Well then I can’t watch

> Marvel Studios Legends: Drax & Mantis (special) (3:01 am,
> Disney+)
>
> https://thedirect.com/article/guardians-of-the-galaxy-holiday-special-characters-important

“Important”?

Might be the last thing I watch on Disney+

> Daddies on Request [Papás por Encargo] [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> California, a thirteen-year-old girl, and her three adoptive parents

Might be the last thing I don’t watch on Disney+

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Countdown to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (special) (8-9 pm,
> NBC)

So the DVR should record anything with the word parade in it and yet it’s
finding nothing for next week.

> Thursday, Nov. 24
>

> Streaming:
>

> First Love [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

No Susan Dey, no making hay!

🖤 The Noel Diary (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

No well, no hell!

> Criminal Minds: Evolution [new; revival] (3:01 am,
> Paramount+)
>
> Evolution is a continuation of the CBS drama Criminal Minds, which ended
> its 15-season run in 2020. Returning cast members include Joe Mantegna,
> Paget Brewster, A.J. Cook, Aisha Tyler, Adam Rodriguez, and Kirsten
> Vangsness,

No Lola, no Show-la!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS (special) (9 am to noon,
> CBS)

So the DVR should record anything with the word parade in it and yet it’s
finding nothing for next week.

> The 96th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (special) (9 am to
> noon, NBC)

So the DVR should record anything with the word parade in it and yet it’s
finding nothing for next week.

> Baking All the Way (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Julia Wilson, an accomplished pastry chef from Chicago, heads to a small
> town bakery famous for their gingerbread to complete her Christmas
> cookbook. There she finds herself at odds with Kris Thompson, the bakery’s
> charming but private owner, who is ambivalent about sharing his secret
> recipe. Stars Cory Lee and Yannick Bisson.

Whatever he’s doing and there is a mystery

> My Southern Family Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When invited to cover a Pere Noel Christmas celebration in Louisiana,
> Campbell, a journalist, meets her estranged father and his new family for
> the first time. Stars Jaicy Elliot and Ryan Rottman, with Moira Kelly and
> Bruce Campbell.

Real actors in a hallmark Christmas movie?!?

> Friday, Nov. 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (special) (3:01
> am, Disney+)
>
> James Gunn writes and directs a one-off TV special based on the Marvel film
> series (and returning the Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista-led cast) that
> finds the Guardians heading to Earth to pick up a Christmas present.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYhFFQl4fLs

This might be the last thing I watch on Disney+

> The Hip Hop Nutcracker (special) (7 pm, Disney+)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRDGQZHsiGg

This might be the last thing I don’t watch on Disney+

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> #Xmas (movie) (6 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Bet my DVR search engine barfs on the #

> Christmas at the Drive-In (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)

It will always be GAC! To me!

> A property lawyer works to prove that her town's drive-in theater, a local
> institution, is not closed down at the holidays, finding romance with the
> very person who is trying to sell the property. Stars Danica McKellar

I still wish sshe’dmarried MacProbie on NCIS 0WM

> Rescuing a Fantasy Classic (special) (10:30 pm, TCM)
>
> A comprehensive and fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the restoration
> process of restoring 3-strip cinerama.
>
> https://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/2409955/rescuing-a-fantasy-classic

I will actually watch this.

> (end)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming

<tlbrup$3b0av$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165592&group=rec.arts.tv#165592

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:21:45 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:21 UTC

On 2022-11-19 22:48:09 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Already released:
>

> This film, which premiered in movie theaters in the US on July 15, was
> added to Netflix on Nov. 14 without a prior announcement:
>

> Where the Crawdads Sing
>
> A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a
> suspect in the murder of a man with whom she was once involved. Stars Daisy
> Edgar-Jones, Taylor John Smith, Harris Dickinson, David Strathairn, and
> Garret Dillahunt; 2h 5m.

Yep - plan to get to this tonight, probably.

> Saturday, Nov. 19
>

> The Holiday Swap (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> When two strangers mistakenly pick up the wrong piece of luggage at the
> airport, each must use the intriguing contents within to track down the
> other's whereabouts in time for Christmas. Stars Alex Paxton-Beesley and
> Morgan David Jones.

Damn - I like Paxton-Beesley, but there's no way I get to this tonight.

> Santa Bootcamp (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When event planner Emily Strauss (Emily Kinney, The Walking Dead) is hired
> by mall magnate Ed Mancini (Patrick Cassidy, Castle) to stage the ultimate
> Christmas Gala for his most important investors, Emily finds herself being
> sent to bootcamp – Santa Bootcamp – to find the perfect Santa and the
> inspiration she will need to make the evening a success. While there, Emily
> meets Belle (Rita Moreno, West Side Story), the bootcamp’s drill sergeant
> with a heart of gold, who helps Emily rediscover the magic of Christmas and
> find romance along the way. Additional stars include Tony award winner
> Marissa Jaret Winokur, Justin Gaston, John Schuck, and deaf actors Deanne
> Bray and Zyra Singleton.

Ditto - I like Emily Kinney, but I don't plan to be watching Lifetime tonight!!

> Three Wise Men and a Baby (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Three brothers get the surprise of their lives when they are forced to work
> together and care for a baby over the holidays. Stars Paul Campbell, Tyler
> Hynes, Andrew Walker and Margaret Colin.

Oh, Margaret Colin is still around! Cool!!

> Christmas in Pine Valley (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Natalie is the owner of a successful farm and home goods store that garners
> the attention of a major magazine. The magazine sends a reporter named Josh
> to profile Natalie's company thinking it's a family-run business. Little
> does he know that Natalie's business is run by her with the help of
> longtime family friends. Knowing how much the article will help struggling
> farm, Natalie must convince Josh that her "family" and Christmas traditions
> are all real. Stars Andrew Biernat and Kristina Cole.

Who the hell is Kristina Cole?!!
Exclusively, on the GAFfe channel!

> Long Lost Christmas (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> Interior designer Hayley plans to surprise her recently-widowed mother
> Patricia with the perfect holiday present: the extended family she knows
> her mom yearns for. Stars Taylor Cole and Benjamin Ayres.

Oh, Taylor Cole...

> Sunday, Nov. 20
>

> Seal Team (season 6 finale) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

NOBODY gets Pee+!!!

> Christmas Lucky Charm (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Every boyfriend Jessica has had found the love of his life right after he
> dated her. Just as Jessica leans into her unlucky love life and swears off
> dating for the Christmas season, a handsome gallery owner moves in across
> the street. Stars Adrian Spencer and Sugenja Sri.

Who?!

> A Show-Stopping Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Riley Burdett is the artistic director of the Onota Theatre in Western
> Massachusetts. When Regina, the Scrooge-like owner of the theatre, breaks
> the news that she’s preparing to sell the property before the holiday
> performance, Riley must call upon the ghosts of Regina’s past, present, and
> future to change her mind. Meanwhile, a big TV star, Sam Palmer, has moved
> to the area to escape the craziness of Hollywood. Riley casts him as Bob
> Cratchit in A Christmas Carol and his star power, his cleverness, and his
> budding love for Riley helps her save the theatre…and steal her heart
> during this very special Christmastime. Stars Jamie Perez, Thomas McDonell,
> Maureen Keiller, and Caroline Portu.

I'd be more interested if Carolone Portu was the lead...

> When I Think of Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Sara Thompson returns to her hometown to help her mother move and is
> surprised to find her ex-boyfriend Josh Hartman is back home. The two had
> once planned a life in music together but Sara left to study law. The
> former flames slowly reconnect and try to heal wounds, both old and new.
> When Sara makes a surprising discovery, she and Josh forge a bold plan for
> the upcoming Christmas concert that will lead them all back to their
> musical roots and make this a holiday to remember. Stars · Beth Broderick,
> Niall Matter and Shenae Grimes-Beech.

I think this is the first work Shenae Grimes has done in 3-4 years.

I guess I'll try to remember to watch this...

> The Case of the Christmas Diamond (movie) (8 pm, Ion)
>
> Blue collar Andy (Kelly Daly, "The Night is Young") is a little nervous but
> thrilled when she is invited to her rich friend's estate for Christmas. But
> when the family matriarch's multi-million-dollar gem suddenly goes missing,
> she finds herself accused of the theft and at the center of the
> investigation led by Detective Billings (Billy Baldwin). With the help of a
> famous mystery writer, Andy must find the real culprit amid all the wealthy
> guests, all of whom have it out for her.

This sounds terrible, even for Ion!!

> My Favorite Christmas Tree (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Kyla is a skilled genealogy researcher who's made a thriving business of
> putting together family trees. When she comes across new information
> regarding her mother's mysterious extended family, Kyla and her sister
> travel to the charming town of Conifer, hoping to piece together their
> ancestry. The search leads Kyla to a generations-old Christmas tree farm,
> its stubborn, handsome owner - and potentially, love. Stars Emma Johnson
> and Giles Panton.

Who?!

> A Waltons Thanksgiving (movie) (8 pm, CW)
>
> A follow-up to the highly successful THE WALTONS' HOMECOMING, the movie
> reunites the Walton family as they prepare for Thanksgiving in 1934. The
> Depression has affected everyone, but John Walton (Teddy Sears) has found a
> way to provide for his family through the farm and by picking up odd jobs
> from the eccentric Baldwin Sisters. It's also the time of year for the
> Annual Harvest Festival Fair, where carnival rides, talent shows and pie
> contests become the center of attention for the Waltons. As the story
> unfolds, John Boy (Logan Shroyer) learns the true meaning of taking
> responsibility, Mary Ellen (Marcelle LeBlanc) comes to understand patience
> and collaboration, Grandma (Rebecca Koon) finds that winning can be
> complicated, and Olivia (Bellamy Young) shares her healing heart with every
> other Walton family member - at a time when each of them need it most. And
> when a young boy enters the Waltons' world, everyone's life is changed in
> ways they could never have imagined - transformed forever through love,
> faith and kindness!

Oh, Gawd, no.

> The Walking Dead (season 11 and series finale) (9 to 10:30 pm,
> AMC)

It's finally over!!!

> Tuesday, Nov. 22
>

> Welcome to Chippendales [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Kumail Nanjiani stars as Steve Banerjee, the Indian immigrant who founded
> the Chippendales male-stripping empire, in this eight-episode
> based-on-a-true-story limited series formerly titled Immigrant. The show
> features a strong cast that also includes Murray Bartlett, Dan Stevens,
> Annaleigh Ashford, Robin De Jesús, Andrew Rannells, and Juliette Lewis. Two
> episodes stream today and the rest stream one weekly.

This is the kind of thing I would watch, if I had time. But I almost
certainly don't have the time for it...

> New Amsterdam (season 5 fall finale) (9 and 10 pm, two
> episodes, NBC)
>
> Returns with a single episode on Jan. 3 and a double-episode series finale
> on Jan. 17.

It's 5 seasons too late!!

> Wednesday, Nov. 23
>

> Streaming:
>

> Wednesday [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Netflix's new Addams Family spinoff series centering on the high school
> years of the now-teenaged Wednesday Addams (Jenna
> Ortega) comes from Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and
> finds Tim Burton directing half of the eight episodes—marking the latter's
> first TV work since a 1986 episode of Faerie Tale Theatre. Much of the
> action takes place at Wednesday's school, Nevermore Academy, where she will
> confront the supernatural mystery plaguing her family and attempt to stop a
> killing spree in the local town. Gwendoline Christie, Riki Lindhome, Jamie
> McShane, and Percy Hynes White also star, while Catherine Zeta-Jones and
> Luis Guzmán will recur as Morticia and Gomez Addams, respectively, and Fred
> Armisen plays Uncle Fester. Also appearing is Christina Ricci, who played
> Wednesday in a pair of 1990s Addams Family films but will be portraying a
> new character in the series.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin?s selected programming

<atropos-671ABB.11573221112022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=165784&group=rec.arts.tv#165784

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 11:58:07 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 19:58 UTC

In article <tlbqqk$3ai77$9@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > Sunday, Nov. 20
>
> > SEAL TEAM (season 6 finale) (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> I'm still waiting for the streaming episodes to come to second run.

They're still fighting insurgents in the hills of Southern California.