The only "ism" Hollywood believes in is plagiarism. -- Dorothy Parker

arts / rec.arts.sf.tv / Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

SubjectAuthor
* Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LordUbiquitous
+- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actoranim8rfsk
|+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorUbiquitous
||+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
|`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Last Doctor
||+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Last Doctor
||| +* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playBlueshirt
||| `- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
||+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorUbiquitous
|||`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
||| `* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorUbiquitous
|||  +* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||  |`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playsuzeeq
|||  | +- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|||  | `- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playThe Doctor
|||  `* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
|||   `* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playBlueshirt
|||    `- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playThe Doctor
||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actorThe Doctor
|`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playUbiquitous
|+* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
||`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoThe Doctor
|`- Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to playThe Doctor
`* Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time LoUbiquitous
[...]

Pages:123
Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbg2nq$56l$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1678&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1678

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play
the Time Lord
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:18:51 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:18 UTC

On 29/06/2021 00:09, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <sbdesl$q0p$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>
>> I was always under the impression that Christopher Eccleston was Gay. I
>> can't say I paid too much attention to whether the rumours were true or
>> not as it doesn't really matter. What mattered was he was a damn good
>> Doctor. (And it's great hearing him return to the role for Big Finish!)
>
> And still around. ! I love the A Word!

A for Arse I suppose? I'm not surprised, but that is your own business.
Good luck to you.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbg2q6$ola$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1679&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1679

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:20:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:20 UTC

In article <sbg2nq$56l$2@dont-email.me>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>On 29/06/2021 00:09, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <sbdesl$q0p$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was always under the impression that Christopher Eccleston was Gay. I
>>> can't say I paid too much attention to whether the rumours were true or
>>> not as it doesn't really matter. What mattered was he was a damn good
>>> Doctor. (And it's great hearing him return to the role for Big Finish!)
>>
>> And still around. ! I love the A Word!
>
>A for Arse I suppose? I'm not surprised, but that is your own business.
>Good luck to you.

You have never seen the A Word?
Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbg30v$5ec$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1680&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1680

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:23:44 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:23 UTC

On 29/06/2021 22:20, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <sbg2nq$56l$2@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> On 29/06/2021 00:09, The Doctor wrote:

>>> And still around. ! I love the A Word!
>>
>> A for Arse I suppose? I'm not surprised, but that is your own business.
>> Good luck to you.
>
> You have never seen the A Word?

Humour Dave ... a bit of levity while I'm drinking my Earl Grey.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbg49j$9k9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1681&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1681

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:45:25 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:45 UTC

On 2021-06-29 21:18:51 +0000, Blueshirt said:
> On 29/06/2021 00:09, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <sbdesl$q0p$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was always under the impression that Christopher Eccleston was Gay. I
>>> can't say I paid too much attention to whether the rumours were true or
>>> not as it doesn't really matter. What mattered was he was a damn good
>>> Doctor. (And it's great hearing him return to the role for Big Finish!)
>>
>> And still around. ! I love the A Word!
>
> A for Arse I suppose? I'm not surprised, but that is your own business.
> Good luck to you.

"The A Word" is a drama show about a family that has a little boy with
autism*. Eccelstone plays the kid's grandfather. The show has had three
seasons, but it hasn't yet been decided whether there will be a fourth.
According to Wikipedia, it is based on an Israeli series called "Yellow
Peppers".

* Proper autism, not the current fad of labelling every kid with it
just because they do somethng a little different or are simply shy.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbg7je$244p$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1682&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1682

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:41:50 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:41 UTC

In article <sbg30v$5ec$1@dont-email.me>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>On 29/06/2021 22:20, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <sbg2nq$56l$2@dont-email.me>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:

>>> A for Arse I suppose? I'm not surprised, but that is your own business.
>>> Good luck to you.
>>
>> You have never seen the A Word?
>

>Humour Dave ... a bit of levity while I'm drinking my Earl Grey.

Early Grey with a drop of Johnny Walker?
Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbg7kp$244p$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1683&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1683

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:42:33 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 22:42 UTC

In article <sbg49j$9k9$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2021-06-29 21:18:51 +0000, Blueshirt said:
>> On 29/06/2021 00:09, The Doctor wrote:

>>> And still around. ! I love the A Word!
>>
>> A for Arse I suppose? I'm not surprised, but that is your own business.
>> Good luck to you.
>
>"The A Word" is a drama show about a family that has a little boy with
>autism*. Eccelstone plays the kid's grandfather. The show has had three
>seasons, but it hasn't yet been decided whether there will be a fourth.
>According to Wikipedia, it is based on an Israeli series called "Yellow
>Peppers".
>

>* Proper autism, not the current fad of labelling every kid with it
> just because they do somethng a little different or are simply shy.

And a damn good show!
Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbibn4$j0m$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1684&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1684

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor
to play the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 14:04:20 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 18:04 UTC

In article <sbdkmd$2ekg$19@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <sbd231$mn0$1@dont-email.me>, mike@xenocyte.com wrote:

>>>Chris isn't gay … you may be thinking of John Barrowman
>>
>>Ugh, he is the worst!
>
>Then Chibnall turns up!

Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?

--
Trump won.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD597304FA2D4taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1685&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1685

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:18:24 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 18:18 UTC

> In article <sbdkmd$2ekg$19@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Ugh, he is the worst!
>>
>>Then Chibnall turns up!
>
> Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?

I'm not sure what liking people on the face looks like, and I don't
want to see pictures.

> --
> Trump won.

If you put a space after the double dash, it'd be a proper .sig
delimiter, and newsreaders would automatically trim it.

Unless, of course, your goal is to be annoying in ways that make you
look like a clueless git.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbifdn$8a8$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1686&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1686

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 12:07:32 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 19:07 UTC

On 6/30/2021 11:18 AM, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in
>
>> In article <sbdkmd$2ekg$19@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
>> doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:

>>> Then Chibnall turns up!
>>
>> Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?
>
> I'm not sure what liking people on the face looks like, and I don't
> want to see pictures.

...... snip sig line

> If you put a space after the double dash, it'd be a proper .sig
> delimiter, and newsreaders would automatically trim it.
>
> Unless, of course, your goal is to be annoying in ways that make you
> look like a clueless git.

It is....

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD5986D77C0D0taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1687&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1687

Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:15:19 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 20:15 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote in news:sbifdn$8a8$1@solani.org:

> On 6/30/2021 11:18 AM, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

>>> Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?
>>
>> I'm not sure what liking people on the face looks like, and I
>> don't want to see pictures.
>>>
> ..... snip sig line
>>>
>> If you put a space after the double dash, it'd be a proper .sig
>> delimiter, and newsreaders would automatically trim it.
>>
>> Unless, of course, your goal is to be annoying in ways that
>> make you look like a clueless git.
>
> It is....

Like you're in a position to criticize.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbimoe$v0i$14@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1688&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1688

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
to play the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:12:46 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:12 UTC

In article <sbibn4$j0m$9@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>In article <sbdkmd$2ekg$19@gallifrey.nk.ca>, doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Ugh, he is the worst!
>>
>>Then Chibnall turns up!
>
>Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?

Well he is worse than Barrowman.
>--
>Trump won.

Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbimpd$v0i$15@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1689&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1689

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:13:17 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:13 UTC

In article <sbifdn$8a8$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>On 6/30/2021 11:18 AM, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in

>>> Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?
>>
>> I'm not sure what liking people on the face looks like, and I don't
>> want to see pictures.
>>>
>..... snip sig line
>>>
>> If you put a space after the double dash, it'd be a proper .sig
>> delimiter, and newsreaders would automatically trim it.
>>
>> Unless, of course, your goal is to be annoying in ways that make you
>> look like a clueless git.
>
>It is....

Hello Suzee Q!
Instant perfection is the enemy of the real thing. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbinuu$la9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1690&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1690

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:33:19 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:33 UTC

On 30/06/2021 22:12, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <sbibn4$j0m$9@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Then Chibnall turns up!
>>
>> Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?
>
> Well he is worse than Barrowman.

Poor John Barrowman. He takes his willy out in front of a few friends
and waves it around and now people talk about him like he's some sort of
rapist or murderer.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbionp$pti$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1691&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1691

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:46:34 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 21:46 UTC

On 29/06/2021 23:41, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <sbg30v$5ec$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>
>> Humour Dave ... a bit of levity while I'm drinking my Earl Grey.
>
> Early Grey with a drop of Johnny Walker?

Tullamore D.E.W.

But not with Earl Grey, obviously. Never mix your drinks!

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbj0en$21lb$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1692&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1692

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:58:15 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:58 UTC

In article <sbinuu$la9$1@dont-email.me>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>On 30/06/2021 22:12, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <sbibn4$j0m$9@dont-email.me>,
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> Oh, does he like people on the face at comic cons?
>>
>> Well he is worse than Barrowman.
>
>Poor John Barrowman. He takes his willy out in front of a few friends
>and waves it around and now people talk about him like he's some sort of
>rapist or murderer.

And then TTD goes ballistic.
Muscle, brain, will... all must be exercised if they will be strong. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sbj0ge$21lb$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1693&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1693

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.tv
the Time Lord
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:59:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:59 UTC

In article <sbionp$pti$1@dont-email.me>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>On 29/06/2021 23:41, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <sbg30v$5ec$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>>>
>>> Humour Dave ... a bit of levity while I'm drinking my Earl Grey.
>>
>> Early Grey with a drop of Johnny Walker?
>
>Tullamore D.E.W.
>
>But not with Earl Grey, obviously. Never mix your drinks!

As you like it!
Muscle, brain, will... all must be exercised if they will be strong. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sck7n8$vfe$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1696&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1696

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 04:30:45 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 08:30 UTC

MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>>> I don't recall Dr. Who displaying any sexual orientation before, like
>>> having an affair with his female co-star. Why would he have to be a
>>> queer in it?
>>
>> Just because they may hire a gay actor doesn't mean they'll change the
>> character. Dr Who always seemed a bit asexual, though he did have a
>> sort of romance with River Song. Gay actors play straight characters
>> all the time.
>
>There was an aside once in the dialogue to the effect that the Doctor
>had largely behaved asexually. Certainly he mostly does onscreen.
>However, his counterpart was willing to be exiled to be with Rose, and
>he married River Song. It doesn't prove sexual orientation, but he did
>once say that he had been a father in the past. I'm pretty sure I read
>Russell Davies in an interview somewhere saying that he thought the
>Doctor was straight, but he may have meant just the Doctors that he had
>been in charge of, and besides, once you give up the reins, you give up
>control.
>
>A change in the Doctor's sexual orientation wouldn't bother me. I just
>want a change in the showrunner.

Quite frankly, the Doctor's sexual orientation is irrelevant to the show, but
I've grown wearly of the sexualization of TV shows.

--
Trump won.

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<scker1$2f9a$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1697&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1697

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:26:09 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:26 UTC

In article <sck7n8$vfe$4@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply wrote:
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>>> Just because they may hire a gay actor doesn't mean they'll change the
>>> character. Dr Who always seemed a bit asexual, though he did have a
>>> sort of romance with River Song. Gay actors play straight characters
>>> all the time.
>>
>>There was an aside once in the dialogue to the effect that the Doctor
>>had largely behaved asexually. Certainly he mostly does onscreen.
>>However, his counterpart was willing to be exiled to be with Rose, and
>>he married River Song. It doesn't prove sexual orientation, but he did
>>once say that he had been a father in the past. I'm pretty sure I read
>>Russell Davies in an interview somewhere saying that he thought the
>>Doctor was straight, but he may have meant just the Doctors that he had
>>been in charge of, and besides, once you give up the reins, you give up
>>control.
>>
>>A change in the Doctor's sexual orientation wouldn't bother me. I just
>>want a change in the showrunner.
>
>Quite frankly, the Doctor's sexual orientation is irrelevant to the show, but
>I've grown wearly of the sexualization of TV shows.

Hence Why Chibnall was hired.

>--
>Trump won.

Sometimes the best place to hide from God is in a church. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD6662F6A8CF1taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1698&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1698

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 09:43:42 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:43 UTC

doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in

> In article <sck7n8$vfe$4@dont-email.me>,
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply wrote:

>>>There was an aside once in the dialogue to the effect that the
>>>Doctor had largely behaved asexually. Certainly he mostly does
>>>onscreen. However, his counterpart was willing to be exiled to
>>>be with Rose, and he married River Song. It doesn't prove
>>>sexual orientation, but he did once say that he had been a
>>>father in the past. I'm pretty sure I read Russell Davies in
>>>an interview somewhere saying that he thought the Doctor was
>>>straight, but he may have meant just the Doctors that he had
>>>been in charge of, and besides, once you give up the reins, you
>>>give up control.
>>>
>>>A change in the Doctor's sexual orientation wouldn't bother me.
>>> I just want a change in the showrunner.
>>
>>Quite frankly, the Doctor's sexual orientation is irrelevant to
>>the show, but I've grown wearly of the sexualization of TV
>>shows.
>>

> Hence Why Chibnall was hired.

Chibnall was hired because Ubiquitous weary of the sexualization of
TV shows?

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<sckshp$b83$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1699&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1699

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:20:09 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 20:20 UTC

In article <XnsAD6662F6A8CF1taustingmail@85.12.62.245>,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in
>
>> In article <sck7n8$vfe$4@dont-email.me>,
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Quite frankly, the Doctor's sexual orientation is irrelevant to
>>>the show, but I've grown wearly of the sexualization of TV
>>>shows.
>>>

>> Hence Why Chibnall was hired.
>
>Chibnall was hired because Ubiquitous weary of the sexualization of
>TV shows?

No.

Chibnall was hired because the brass wanted him to sexualise DW.

>--
>Terry Austin
>
>Proof that Alan Baker is a liar and a fool, and even stupider than
>Lynn:
>https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
>(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
>illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)
>
>Vacation photos from Iceland:
>https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/QaXQkB

Sometimes the best place to hide from God is in a church. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD6694BBF59Btaustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1700&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1700

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 14:37:16 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:37 UTC

> In article <XnsAD6662F6A8CF1taustingmail@85.12.62.245>,
> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in

>>> Hence Why Chibnall was hired.
>>
>>Chibnall was hired because Ubiquitous weary of the sexualization
>>of TV shows?
>>
> No.

Well, that's what you *said*.

> Chibnall was hired because the brass wanted him to sexualise DW.

And that's *not* what you said.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<scl8po$1392$10@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1701&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1701

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 23:49:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 13 Jul 2021 23:49 UTC

In article <XnsAD6694BBF59Btaustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in
>
>> In article <XnsAD6662F6A8CF1taustingmail@85.12.62.245>,
>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in

>>>Chibnall was hired because Ubiquitous weary of the sexualization
>>>of TV shows?
>>>
>> No.
>
>Well, that's what you *said*.
>>
>> Chibnall was hired because the brass wanted him to sexualise DW.

And that is what I said!

>And that's *not* what you said.
>
>--
>Terry Austin
>
>Proof that Alan Baker is a liar and a fool, and even stupider than
>Lynn:
>https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
>(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
>illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)
>
>Vacation photos from Iceland:
>https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/QaXQkB

Dependency is not progress. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD67597733FB2taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1702&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1702

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 08:47:41 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 15:47 UTC

> In article <XnsAD6694BBF59Btaustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in
>>
>>> In article <XnsAD6662F6A8CF1taustingmail@85.12.62.245>,
>>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com>

>>> No.
>>
>>Well, that's what you *said*.
>>>
>>> Chibnall was hired because the brass wanted him to sexualise
>>> DW.
>>

> And that is what I said!

No, it's not. What you meant, perhaps, though you're so mentally
deranged I doubt *you* really know what you meant, but certainly
not what you said.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<scn667$2v62$2@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1703&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1703

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:16:55 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 17:16 UTC

In article <XnsAD67597733FB2taustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in
>
>> In article <XnsAD6694BBF59Btaustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in

>>>Well, that's what you *said*.

>> And that is what I said!
>
>No, it's not. What you meant, perhaps, though you're so mentally
>deranged I doubt *you* really know what you meant, but certainly
>not what you said.

How is your sister these days?

>--
>Terry Austin
>
>Proof that Alan Baker is a liar and a fool, and even stupider than
>Lynn:
>https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
>(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
>illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)
>
>Vacation photos from Iceland:
>https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/QaXQkB

Dependency is not progress. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Doctor Who may tap Olly Alexander as the first gay actor to play the Time Lord

<XnsAD6776076DFD7taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1704&group=rec.arts.sf.tv#1704

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.drwho
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 11:36:09 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Wed, 14 Jul 2021 18:36 UTC

> In article <XnsAD67597733FB2taustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in
>>
>>> In article <XnsAD6694BBF59Btaustingmail@85.12.62.232>,
>>> Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha <taustinca@gmail.com>

>>> And that is what I said!
>>
>>No, it's not. What you meant, perhaps, though you're so mentally
>>deranged I doubt *you* really know what you meant, but certainly
>>not what you said.
>>

> How is your sister these days?

I know you are, but what am I?